Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I actually liked Wormhole X-treme, but not enough to watch this sequel.

My chief complaint is that so far, RDA's eps seem to be wasted on jokey, insignificant eps. Between this and Real World over on Atlantis (and rumors of S/J ship)... why bother bringing him back if it's just for meaningless one-off eps?

I doubt a boycott of the ep will accomplish anything, but if folks don't wanna watch for whatever reason, I can't say I blame 'em. I'm not planning to watch ANY ep of S10, so I guess I'm included in the boycott.

Comment

Well we don't really know conclusively what the nature is of Jacks other appearences, so to say they are pointless is a little premature.
      Disclaimer: All opinions stated within this post are relevant to the author herself, and do not in any way represent the opinions of God, Country, The Powers That Be or Greater Fandom.

Any resemblance to aforementioned opinions are purely coincidental.

Comment

can you actually name any reason to have jack in SG1 any more though? - i think the definition of pointless which you seem to like in this thread can be used here.
        Jack has no place in Sg anymore, no place and no reason to return.
        sigpic
        You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
        Stargate : Genesis |
        Original Starship DesignThread
        Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
        11000! green me

Comment

Originally posted by Deevil
          Well we don't really know conclusively what the nature is of Jacks other appearences, so to say they are pointless is a little premature.
          So far the eps he's gonna be in are meaningless. Frankly, I'm just as happy to not have him on Atlantis at all, but if he IS gonna put in an appearance, I'd want it to have some kind of real impact.

Comment

<snip>

These Writers are writing episodes for themselves, and for you. They've given character development, theyve given fun space battles and laughs. WHY should the not be aloud to write an episode they enjoy?

THEY ARE NOT WRITING FOR US FANS COMPLETLY!
            THey are going to write what they want, to tell their story. IT's like people saying about 'their episode ides'.

Your episode ideas have very little to do with the story line, for all you know this episode might. WOW they said we MIGHT see the Furlings. Means bugger all.

Seriously, some of you need to get over the idea that you might not like something. I didnt like Wormhole X-treme that much, but i'll still watch it because I get that as writers, their writing for themselves, and doing an episode or two they are going to enjoy, that might not be contributed to the main story.

Have a good day.
            Last edited by Skydiver; 03 April 2006, 04:16 AM.
            Blitz

www.myspace.com/twilightpeace

One was an experiment made to cause destruction in any condition except water, the other was an aquatic expermiment to destroy the world...but in the end...Stitch and Nim: They made an amazing Hula team

Comment

Ahh rampet speculation, always a fun passtime.

But everyone looks at things differently, and wants different things for stargate. I just don't intend to complain about how bad something must be before it even airs. But, there's one of those differences.
              Disclaimer: All opinions stated within this post are relevant to the author herself, and do not in any way represent the opinions of God, Country, The Powers That Be or Greater Fandom.

Comment

The 200th and 100th episodes should be milestones and treated accordingly. Wormhole Xtreame was a joke, not in the sense that they intended but that it was a stain on the Stargate series and is looked down on by most fans as totaly rediculous

Comment

umm,most fans I know liked wormhole x-treme. See, I hate this majority, minority thing. Some fans hated it, some fans loved it. What you consider a [worthy] milestone episode is not what the guy next store will.

Simply put the show is created en mass, not to appease everyone all the time, just to appease most people some of the time. You don't like it fine, I do... whose right? neither of us.
                  Last edited by Deevil; 03 April 2006, 04:04 AM.

Comment

And most people I know hated it, that includes the fans I talk to regularly online.

Comment

See, this is a most vs most things. Most people I know loved it, including most of the fans I know online.

It doesn't matter in the end, it just matters if you liked it or hated it.

I just hate the majority arguements which have no real bases in anything that's all. It just makes an arguement seem more important, more definative when it's not.

Comment

See i have to say i have narrow view on the fanbase, i only visit gateworld, becuase it is simply the premire fan site on the net...and i consider all the other sties niche sites ( such as shipper ot thunker ones, that i dont like and never will) so i geuss your right that this is a gateworld opinion on WX, but i still think that as a milestoen episode in any context the concept is a joke.
                        sigpic
                        You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                        Stargate : Genesis |
                        Original Starship DesignThread
                        Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
                        11000! green me

Comment

Originally posted by immotep
                          but i still think that as a milestoen episode in any context the concept is a joke.
                          What can I say, I am a fan of something that can make fun of itself, I think that could be why it doesn't bother me so.

But I do understand why it does both you and others. Humour is very subjective, and not universal.

Comment

Exactly as immhotep says, like it or hate it Wormhole Xtreame and it's sister episodes are not milestone episodes in any sense of the word.

Comment

It depends on what you want and expect from a milestone episode. Personally I quite enjoy the change of pace they offer. That to me is something of a milestone. Something different... and funny.

Comment

Originally posted by Deevil
                                Actually, it is only representative of some of the fanbase. I can tell you many people in the fandom who do not come to Gateworld because they just don't like it here.

There is a whole fanbase past GW and past the internet that has an opinion. And hell, even the opinions of the seasons here are pretty much even across the board. Just because one group screams loudest doesn't make their voice the only one.

Simply put, this is not a accurate and complete representation of the fanbase, and to pretend it is such is pointless.

And if the furlings were meantioned I am suprised, because I remember that TPTB wished they had never mentioned them. Incidently, they still might be introduced in the episode - and we hahve no guarentee the entire episode is going to be a comedy.

Incidently I kind of understand why people didn't like wormhole extreme and aren't looking forward to it being revisited. But I say, spoilers aren't the episode. Wait and see, sometimes things are better in 3D then they are on paper. And hell, Jack is returning for his first of many epsidoes.
                                Thank you!

Comment

Working...
                                X