Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

a 200th ep is a BIG deal. It should be celebrated like a party. An episode like this needs to be fun...to celebrate...not be just like any other episode. It should be something special and DIFFERENT.

I for one love the idea.
    It feels good to be alive.
    Cause i've been dead for so long.

Comment

Sorry, but I am looking forward to the 200th episode, whatever the "storyline". I've learned never to pre-judge anything, as you may find yourself either pleasantly or unpleasnatly surprised. I've been a loyal Stargate fan for 10 years now....and I plan on being there to celebrate their 200th episode. For now, I will simply hope that the combination of creative skills of all the writers, producers and directors, not to mention the plethora of talent from the actors, will make for an unforgetable episode. I wouldn't think of boycotting it.

Sorry, guess we all have vastly different opinions, but hey, that's why we have the Forum.
      On fighting:
      Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
      Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

I have to say that I'm really looking forward to this episode.

I've also learned not to be as judgmental, after thoroughly enjoying the end of season nine...I'm even beginning to warm to Vala.

I liked Wormhole X-Treme, and while I can definitely see why some people might not like this episode, I don't think it's any reason not to watch. It'll be good or bad. Either way it's better than what'll be on the other TV channels at the same time as it!
        sigpic
        Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

{Mod Snip}
          Except for RDA is very pro-gun control. He's definitely not the shoot people for silly reasons kind of guy. In fact, people saying stuff like that would likely make him rather upset. But I'll not speculate as such, as discussion of the actors is very touchy territory. I may have overstepped my bounds already.
          Last edited by TameFarrar; 03 April 2006, 03:00 PM. Reason: quoted post removed
          Cogito ergo dubito.

"How happy are the astrologers if they tell one truth to a hundred lies, while other people lose all credibility if they tell one lie to a hundred truths." - Francesco Guicciardini

An escalator can never be broken, it can only become stairs. You never see "Escalator temporarily out of service." It's "Escalator temporarily stairs. Sorry for the convenience." - Mitch Hedberg

Comment

Fortunately for us, RDA isn't nearly as petty and asinine as some people seem to think he is.

Comment

Booze, people. It covers a multitude of sins.

WX wasn't my fav ep of the series, but I'll watch WXII in the hopes that they take a different tack on the story this time. I'm pretty sure that, love it or hate it, I'll also most likely watch ep #201, and 302, and 403, and the milestone 500th ep, and the one after that, and, well, you know. But that's just me; I've got nothing against others turning off the tv so they can devote that particular 44 minutes to taking over the real world, washing their hair, taking out the garbage, whateveritis people who don't watch SG-1 do.
              Gracie

A Cherokee elder sitting with his grandchildren told them,
              "In every life there is a terrible fight – a fight between two wolves.
              One is evil: he is fear, anger, envy, greed, arrogance, self-pity,
              resentment, and deceit. The other is good: joy, serenity, humility,
              confidence, generosity, truth, gentleness, and compassion."
              A child asked, "Grandfather, which wolf will win?"
              The elder looked the child in the eye. "The one you feed."

Comment

There is no need for the heavy handed comments reguarding peoples personal feelings on the episode; even though it does exemplify that even at GW there are people who both like and hate the idea of the episode, so the loosing touch with the fanbase comment is moot.

Seriously, air what you want to say - but none of us a right. Remember that. And telling people not to watch if they don't like it is not a great way to go. They can watch if they like. It's all about personal choice.

We can respect each other and disagree.
                Disclaimer: All opinions stated within this post are relevant to the author herself, and do not in any way represent the opinions of God, Country, The Powers That Be or Greater Fandom.

Any resemblance to aforementioned opinions are purely coincidental.

Comment

I've been thinking about this for a couple of days now, and suspect that now i know it'll be a silly episode at heart (and, to be bluntly honest, now have lower expectations), i'll enjoy it more than I would otherwise. For the first half of season 9 (being a Brit) i'd read a few negative reviews I therefore wasn't expecting a lot and so enjoyed it a lot more - it wasn't actually bad (although i didn't think it was exceptional - about average). I certainly didn't think it stank as much as i'd been lead to believe after reading around here a bit. And then it got better in the second half. Overall the season pleased me - by the end of it, i was comfortable with the team dynamic, and happier with the overall balance of things than i had been with season 7 or 8 (which i've always felt are a bit hit and miss). I certainly felt it was a solid start for this 'new' show, and am looking forward to the new season (wheras this time last year, i was looking on with trepidation at all the changes going on). Overall, i prefered S9 to Season 7 and 8 - although it didn't have any stand out episodes, it was good solid stuff - good groundwork for the future.

I guess what i'm saying, is that it would have been quite easy for me to turn off before season 9, but i didn't, and was overall pleasantly surprised by what went on. With this new episode, a similar thing is going through my head. I'm now expecting less, which probably means when i watch '200,' i'll enjoy it more. Unless it actually does stink of course. I've decided to treat it as a normal episode, and, if it makes me laugh, and keeps my brain relaxed for an hour, then it will have fulfilled what i want from it.

[DISCLAIMER] The above is my experiences and opinion. I am not trying to 'convert' anyone over to my views - people are completely free to their own views and opinions, they are just as valid and important as my own.
                  I'm not Weird, I'm Gifted!

Comment

As you post please keep in mind the GateWorld Forum policy of *RESPECTING* Fellow Members. Discuss, debate the ideas, opinions and thoughts but the Member is NOT up for discussion as a person. So personal insults, allusions to intellect and anything of that nature will be removed.

Sweeping comments about any section of fandom are always in bad form. The Topic is the Boycotting of Episode 200 if you want to and why and if you don't want to and why.
                    Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Here's what I don't get about being told not to judge things based on spoilers. It's a normal thing. I mean, take the fall season. You have a bunch of new shows coming out. Now, I don't know about anyone else, but I can't watch every show out there. So, I judge based on commercials and articles, none of which tell everything about the show. When I decide what books to buy, I flip through them, read the synopsis. But, I'm pre-judging. People pre-judge all the time.

As far as the episode, watch or don't watch if you want. I don't think not watching for a specific purpose will accomplish anything, though. I mean, it won't change anything, and I doubt that tptb will pay attention to a drop in viewers (again, you have to actually count towards the ratings) for just one episode. I'm guessing they already have something in mind for Atlantis. But, again, that's no reason to watch something you think you won't like. I'll probably watch and then annoy people by jumping on the board complaining my little heart out. Or, I might like it. Things don't look too promising, in my pre-judgement, though.
                      I'm a girl! A girly girly girl!

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Daniel Jackson Appreciation and Discussion -because he's more than pretty

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=89

Daniel Jackson: The Beacon of Hope and The Man Who Opened the Stargate

Comment

This thread offends me.

Please have it eliminated.

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar
                          As you post please keep in mind the GateWorld Forum policy of *RESPECTING* Fellow Members. Discuss, debate the ideas, opinions and thoughts but the Member is NOT up for discussion as a person. So personal insults, allusions to intellect and anything of that nature will be removed.

Sweeping comments about any section of fandom are always in bad form. The Topic is the Boycotting of Episode 200 if you want to and why and if you don't want to and why.
                          That would explain what happened to all those posts on page 3.....

Comment

I like the fact that this board is likely filled with people who've never written a television script that was produced for airing (I'm not counting the stuff people have on their hard drives or depths of their closets), yet think they have a handle on what or should not be on the air.

Just an observation.

For me, being new to the whole SG1 thing, it matters not. But I agree, with the episode written, it's not likely going to change because a few fans don't like the spoilers.

Originally posted by jonno
                            I've decided to treat it as a normal episode, and, if it makes me laugh, and keeps my brain relaxed for an hour, then it will have fulfilled what i want from it.

[DISCLAIMER] The above is my experiences and opinion. I am not trying to 'convert' anyone over to my views - people are completely free to their own views and opinions, they are just as valid and important as my own.

LOL. And really, from a television show (any television show)if we walk away with that at minimum, it's a good day.

Comment

Originally posted by Blitz
                              <snip>

These Writers are writing episodes for themselves, and for you. They've given character development, theyve given fun space battles and laughs. WHY should the not be aloud to write an episode they enjoy?

THEY ARE NOT WRITING FOR US FANS COMPLETLY!
                              THey are going to write what they want, to tell their story. IT's like people saying about 'their episode ides'.

Your episode ideas have very little to do with the story line, for all you know this episode might. WOW they said we MIGHT see the Furlings. Means bugger all.

Seriously, some of you need to get over the idea that you might not like something. I didnt like Wormhole X-treme that much, but i'll still watch it because I get that as writers, their writing for themselves, and doing an episode or two they are going to enjoy, that might not be contributed to the main story.

Have a good day.
                              whole-heartedly agreed

you get green

Comment

Originally posted by GhostPoet
                                a 200th ep is a BIG deal. It should be celebrated like a party. An episode like this needs to be fun...to celebrate...not be just like any other episode. It should be something special and DIFFERENT.

I for one love the idea.
                                I totally see things the way you do on this one. I, for one, am ready to just kick back and enjoy this ep for what it is - a celebration of 200 shows. For one, RDA will be in it. And that's great, IMO. Secondly, I actually liked the Martin Lloyd storyline a little.
                                sigpic
                                MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                                "...phu...ah..."
                                "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                                Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Working...
                                X