This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree,

theres totally loads of plot left to tell... and i think this quite rare thing of two shows running parallell (SG1 and SGA) is totally kickass!

Furthermore... There could be soo much more plot milked from the Nox, the Furlings, and ofcourse the Beloved Asgaard.. why not take a closer look at their galaxy IDA...

and we have the ORI who have proven to be a great enemy!

They also have the option of brining back the Tolan's (survivors?) and i bet baal and his clones still has some juice left....and linked to that ofcourse the Tokra

I mean only this is enough for atleast 2-3 seasons of connected episodes... ADD the independent episodes to that.. and we can manage probably 4-5 seasons more atleast..

Comment

And then there are SO many other stories they left open for return, The Retu, Daniel's grandfather, Foothold aliens, the Ashcen etc... etc...

There is so much life in this show, season 7 and 8 began to go a little down hill but this is like a whole new start. So many new characters we need to learn about, there is no real reason it couldnt run another 9 years. I also think the original castmembers are having lots of fun, you can tell RDA got bored, but the others seem better now then they did in more recebt seasons. I think all the cast are happy, alot of fans are happy, it's still pulling in ratings(which this season have been ALOT better than season 6) and sci-fi seem happy too. So, yay!

Comment

Stargate is going to go on for decades like Dr. Who, only changing actors, but never ending.

Comment

Originally posted by walterIsTheMan
          Stargate is going to go on for decades like Dr. Who, only changing actors, but never ending.
          I hope you are right.

Comment

Originally posted by walterIsTheMan
            from your mouth to the ascended =)
            or, from your post to their dimansion...

Comment

I also think their is an opertunity to star trek the stargate. By that I mean we now have another galaxy. we may not know the address yet but if they beat the ori in the Milkyway their is an oppertunity for rebellion in their home galaxy. The planets of their galaxy call on us for help. we offer our assistance creat an outpost and wage war on their hometurf. hence star trek a new series is born

Comment

******* Trek people cancelling Enterprise just when it was getting good.

I have to say that anyone who says season six was the worst simply because it had Jonas is rather narrow-minded. No he wasn't Daniel - he didn't have to be. He added an interesting new dynamic to the team which - face it - five years, it was a bit stale. Yes, I'm glad he didn't stay long into series seven, but that doesn't mean I can't appreciate the season as having many great episodes.

On the other hand, I do agree that season 8 was a bit of a let down - it again had good stories (The Reckoning, Threads - brilliant) but it was definitely lacking without such a strong offworld element.

Season 9 - I was very sceptical. The loss of O'Neill I thought was fine - Mitchell has shown he's capable of stepping into Jack's shoes perfectly. I didn't like that Vala was there to start with, but by the time of Breachhead I was thinking "how the hell can they remove her when she's the coolest part of the show?" The new guys have breathed fresh life into a great show and for that I'm grateful.
                Melodrama in a box of matches
                http://mattbuck.sixwinter.com

Comment

i was just wondering is if this is finally the end? With bsg moving to a unprecendented fall opening, ratings coming down, thought high, it doesnt justify 3 really costly series on cable. So is this the end of stargate sg1 and finally towards feature length movies.

Comment

I consider season 8 to be end of original SG1-series.. But I hope that this second spinoff with Ben Browder in lead will continue another 8 seasons.
                    But I wouldnt mind RDA and original team to make some movies.

Comment

I hope not. We'll certainly see though. Sci-fi has only had the show for 4 seasons, so perhaps it will go for a few more years. Many sci-fi shows last for more years, so perhaps Sci-fi will see it from the view of how long they've had it, not how long it has actually run. Hopefully.
                      The success or failure of your deeds, does not add up to the sum of your life. Your spirit cannot be weighed! Judge yourself by the intentions of your actions, and by the strength with which you faced the challenges that have stood in your way. The Universe is so vast, and we are so small, there is only truly one thing we can control; whether we are good or evil... -Oma Desala
                      Spoiler:

To all the 'Sci & Tech' forum users: If you are searching for a thread about your topic of interest, please come visit our Concordance Thread. If you have any questions, we will attempt to help you.
                      http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=26498

Feel free to pass the green..!

My Website... http://return-of-the-constitution.webs.com
                      My Blog @ http://myhatsize.blogspot.com
                      Amazing Literary Works of Fel... http://sennadar.com/wp/

Also, visit my webpage at... http://www.stargatesg1.com/Seastallion Sadly, this page is gone with the website that supported it, but I'll keep the link up in memorial.

Comment

Definitely not. They've started new direction this season and there's a lot of stories to be told. As for BSG, they're starting production on April, I've heard they've finished last season very late, in November, so it would be technically impossible for them to have the first episodes ready for summer premiere. And ratings are OK, let's wait for the ratings of last 2 episodes.

Comment

BB adds a very refreshing view to the story. I've enjoyed his presence on screen. I also love the addition of Claudia Black. I wouldn't mind a few more years of SG1 as along as the writing and the characters remained interesting. I also wouldn't mind refocusing the show on different characters.

Love the Lorne | The F.O.R.D shall rule the earth.... | Fly boys do it in the air
                          Quirk - The Paul McGillion fanlisting | Grace - The Rachel Luttrell fanlisting

Comment

I like Ben, I hate Cam atm, i liked him at the start but since "Collateral Damage" he has been a bit of a dick. Same for CB, like her, liked the character, but hers has no longivity, one season is a little much. Personally, I think it is "The End" but not in episodes, I reckon we will get another season or two, but at the rate of decline (the last three of S9 have been weak) "The End" will occur in S10, after that is the rotting corpse of a formally wonderful show. Of course, it could pick up again (Please God, Allah, Buddha, Apophis any of you, help it get better again)
                            Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
                            - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

Why would they end it when they just got 4 new characters to replace the ones that left?
                              http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/9...sigcopy9ie.jpg
                              The Alliance is born!!!!

Comment

Nope, considering the Ori and Wraith storyline.... the StarGate franchise will still go on.
                                http://www.myspace.com/peoples_general
                                http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/ga...PeoplesGeneral

Comment

Working...
                                X