This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not by a long shot.

Until the writers run out of imagination....
    4 easy steps how to make people hate you
    Spoiler:
    Ignore them
    Spoiler:
    talk bad about them behind their backs
    Spoiler:
    Use lots of spoiler tags
    Spoiler:
    Your name has to be Rihard Gaberšcek

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by deadman
      Why would they end it when they just got 4 new characters to replace the ones that left?

It would end if the ratings are not good enough to keep the show the air. The ratings for the second half of season 9 are much lower than those of season 8 and somewhat lower than those of season 7. So, it really is alot about the ratings and the sales of season 9 DVDs. I have no idea how those sales will go.

I think the ratings will go up in the last two episodes because the season finales are always very high. So hopefully this will be the case here. If the ratings don't go up for the last two episodes, it would be very surprising.

Comment

The ratings for Friday are always bad, but with wrestling then, there would be lower ratings. I have to watch SG-1 and Atlantis at midnight.
        http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/9...sigcopy9ie.jpg
        The Alliance is born!!!!

Comment

I must admit i am a vala hater she makes the show very comedic i think.

Comment

she does ruin it a bit but its still a superb show

Comment

Originally posted by deadman
              The ratings for Friday are always bad, but with wrestling then, there would be lower ratings. I have to watch SG-1 and Atlantis at midnight.

Not sure what you mean. The ratings on Friday night are not always bad at all. Season 8 had an average of 2.1.

Comment

They moved WWE to the same timeslot so I watch the rerun of SG-1 and SGA at midnight.
                http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/9...sigcopy9ie.jpg
                The Alliance is born!!!!

Comment

Well think about it they are adjusting to what is basicly a completly new storyline most of season nine was them introducing and intergrating the new characters. I think season ten will recover aslong as they remember there are more possible episodes than those having to do with the ori lol

Comment

I don't think 10 will be the Final Season. I'm going to go and bet another 2 seasons minimum to wrap up the whole Ori conflict. I hope I'm right, I'd be very disappointed if they finished the Ori arc in only a season.

Storywise the writers have many possibilities to go on to keep the franchise going for a long time to come. It just depends on the ratings, such is the nature of TV.
                    I cry...You cry...We all cry...for Ori.

Comment

Originally posted by mahram
                      i was just wondering is if this is finally the end? With bsg moving to a unprecendented fall opening, ratings coming down, thought high, it doesnt justify 3 really costly series on cable. So is this the end of stargate sg1 and finally towards feature length movies.
                      See IMO "The Gates" and BSG are already proven hits in the eyes of the SciFi channel and with all of these new shows that they're pushing (Dr.Who) they're just trying to pair them up with their hit shows in order to draw ratings and get a more balanced line up (ratings wise) than the one they have at the moment. If they put all of their new shows together in one part of the year and still had the Gate/BSG line up in another part of the year chances are less likely that the new shows will succeed so they split them up to draw ratings to the new shows.

Comment

I might have missed someone mentioning this, but do you think that if they disclose the SGC to the public, with the threat of the Ori on the way to earth, would that bring on the end of SG-1?
                        Or, with the wraith on the way do you think a battle will ensue just short of Jupiter or something? I missed the majority of Camelot last night and only saw the battle at the end.
                        Mrs Tapping

Myspace: www.myspace.com/stuey1221
                        MSN: [email protected]
                        feel free to add me on either

Comment

Originally posted by chocdoc
                          It would end if the ratings are not good enough to keep the show the air. The ratings for the second half of season 9 are much lower than those of season 8 and somewhat lower than those of season 7. So, it really is alot about the ratings and the sales of season 9 DVDs. I have no idea how those sales will go.

I think the ratings will go up in the last two episodes because the season finales are always very high. So hopefully this will be the case here. If the ratings don't go up for the last two episodes, it would be very surprising.
                          If you look at the combined ratings from both 8 PM and 11 PM, SG-1 always was in the first place of all 3 shows. Don't forget there were Olympic Games this year. And people who watched something else at 8 PM came back at 11 PM to watch the episode. I think SciFi takes this into consideration. The ratings have already gone up a little bit for Arthur's Mantle (1,7), so let's hope it's gonna be better for the last two episodes. Fingers crossed...

Comment

Yeah, the writers have a whole world out there but they invariably get stuck in a rut, and that's what's going to do the show in. Boring writing. The thing is that BSG is now Scifi's powerhouse show, so don't count on SG1 being renewed just because it's Stargate. If they can spin off BSG, you can kiss SG1 goodbye. THey're going to go with what pulls in ratings, and hence, advertising dollars.

Comment

Originally posted by prion
                              Yeah, the writers have a whole world out there but they invariably get stuck in a rut, and that's what's going to do the show in. Boring writing. The thing is that BSG is now Scifi's powerhouse show, so don't count on SG1 being renewed just because it's Stargate. If they can spin off BSG, you can kiss SG1 goodbye. THey're going to go with what pulls in ratings, and hence, advertising dollars.
                              But I suppose internationl SG-1's fan base it's big enough to make them think twice before stupidly cancel the show, American viewers are not the only one who count or should count... If the show is doing well in syndication and all over the world I really can't see the reason to cancel it any time soon.

Comment

Originally posted by ajgundam5
                                i have heard many rumors thats season 10 will b the final season ... is this true
                                I hope the go on for another 10 years.

Comment

Working...
                                X