Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ChocolateLovingEntity View Post
    The episode we just had this week was the infamous reunion of Mitchell's
    school friends...... Ugh!!!!!!!! It was painful to watch.

I almost felt like stabbing my eye and implants out...
    I am still not sure why anyone thought "high school reunion" + Stargate SG-1 = Good idea. To me it equals LAME.

The only good thing about it was they did not actually laden any of the good characters with this good awful character development. I guess they figured "we can't possibly make Cam look any worse then he already does so lets take one of the stupidest 90210 plots in stargate history and center it around him....maybe the fans will find it fun...if not, no harm no foul". Or course they forgot that SG-1 actually had a reputation of being good and non lame at one time too. Oh how I miss those days. Maybe SGA can help bring them back, so far so good...not great but not awful either.
    Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Originally posted by AGateFan View Post
      I am still not sure why anyone thought "high school reunion" + Stargate SG-1 = Good idea. To me it equals LAME.

The only good thing about it was they did not actually laden any of the good characters with this good awful character development. I guess they figured "we can't possibly make Cam look any worse then he already does
      Oh how wrong they were! But I think Vala (shudder) was the most painful part of that episode. Well, that and the fact that Cam & Landry both were idiots. You can't reach people by cell phone & so you don't find a land line when there is imminent danger? Heck, you could dispatch someone to the place FCOL. Was it Kansas they were supposed to be in? I've blocked it. In any case, that isn't the ends of the earth--they do have cell towers in the middle of the country you know.

so lets take one of the stupidest 90210 plots in stargate history and center it around him....maybe the fans will find it fun...if not, no harm no foul". Or course they forgot that SG-1 actually had a reputation of being good and non lame at one time too. Oh how I miss those days. Maybe SGA can help bring them back, so far so good...not great but not awful either.
      Yep.

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
        Oh how wrong they were! But I think Vala (shudder) was the most painful part of that episode. Well, that and the fact that Cam & Landry both were idiots. You can't reach people by cell phone & so you don't find a land line when there is imminent danger? Heck, you could dispatch someone to the place FCOL. Was it Kansas they were supposed to be in? I've blocked it. In any case, that isn't the ends of the earth--they do have cell towers in the middle of the country you know.

Yep.

Maybe they thought sticking Vala in small tight shorts would get viewers
        distracted It didn't work
        Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by AGateFan View Post

The only good thing about it was they did not actually laden any of the good characters with this good awful character development. I guess they figured "we can't possibly make Cam look any worse then he already does so lets take one of the stupidest 90210 plots in stargate history and center it around him....maybe the fans will find it fun...if not, no harm no foul". Or course they forgot that SG-1 actually had a reputation of being good and non lame at one time too. Oh how I miss those days. Maybe SGA can help bring them back, so far so good...not great but not awful either.
          Not only that, but the distinct lack of Vaniel was a plus too.

Comment

Originally posted by JessM View Post
            Amen to that, it's better for the show and for Vala - she does much better away from Daniel because it's virtually the only time she's allowed to be a character in her own right. It's a shame the character was reduced to arm candy because based on the few episodes where Vala and Daniel were apart, and what I've seen of her in non-Stargate projects, Claudia Black is a very good actress and could have done wonders with decent material.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Totally agree. I can only wonder how she'll fare in Continuum, because it sounds like (even if she's not in it much) she'll be more of a character in her own right as opposed to what I've heard about Barf of Truth.

Comment

Totally agree. I can only wonder how she'll fare in Continuum, because it sounds like (even if she's not in it much) she'll be more of a character in her own right as opposed to what I've heard about Barf of Truth.
                Continuum I have some slight shred of hope for, Barf of Truth (fantastic name!) not so much.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Originally posted by ReganX View Post
                  Amen to that, it's better for the show and for Vala - she does much better away from Daniel because it's virtually the only time she's allowed to be a character in her own right. It's a shame the character was reduced to arm candy because based on the few episodes where Vala and Daniel were apart, and what I've seen of her in non-Stargate projects, Claudia Black is a very good actress and could have done wonders with decent material.
                  Completely agree, it's as if the character of Vala takes a dive for the worse when Daniel is around. I like each character...seperately.

Comment

real life high school reunions are painful.

as to where htey were in kansas...well they said Auburn, which is in eastern kansas, it's a subburb of a sort of Topeka, the capitol. Cell reception is pretty good across the state, i've driven most of it. There are dead zones of course...and those pesky repeaters taken out by twisters

but while he SHOULD have been okay getting a signal, i can see him not getting one because i've been on the turnpike and had a call drop

Bounty is one best viewed under the effects of alcohol and with only half an eye because it's fanfic painful

just wait, however, Family Ties is worse, imho.
                    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                      real life high school reunions are painful.

as to where htey were in kansas...well they said Auburn, which is in eastern kansas, it's a subburb of a sort of Topeka, the capitol. Cell reception is pretty good across the state, i've driven most of it. There are dead zones of course...and those pesky repeaters taken out by twisters

but while he SHOULD have been okay getting a signal, i can see him not getting one because i've been on the turnpike and had a call drop

Bounty is one best viewed under the effects of alcohol and with only half an eye because it's fanfic painful

just wait, however, Family Ties is worse, imho.
                      Oh come on, family ties and Stargate High School Musical are far worse than a fanfic!

The only thing missing was music and dancing. Just think of what Cam could do singing in a black leather jacket, slicked back hair and driving that mustang around. Grease relieved!

Yep, Stargate Grease...instead of Danny and Sandy you have Cam and Sam. Instead of Rizzo and the other guy you got Vala and Danny. And Dr. Lee is the beauty school drop out Frenchy.

Now--that's a bad fanfic that could almost rival Stargate High school musical reunion and Family Ties.
                      Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

Well, first time posting here, so, even if I do recognize some of you from other threads... *waves to the antis*

I'm one of those fans that didn't take seasons 9 and 10 too badly, with a little bit of patience and resignation and will-power to see one of my favorite shows to its end.

Then again, I was also catching up with Farscape at the time of S10, and I probably wasn't thinking straight when I overlooked some of the worst writing I've ever been exposed to in sci-fi.

Starting from 'Bounty', since you're discussing this particular episode, which reminded me too much of the reason why I stopped watching Smallville back in S5. Maybe someone made a mistake and the scripts were switched.

Comment

*reminds self not to read this thread too late at night because bad musical nightmares likely to ensue*
                          sigpic

In memory of Deejay.
                          May we all be so well loved.

Comment

You just have to wonder, when the premise of a high school reunion came up...why didn't the writers have a collective groan
                            sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
                              You just have to wonder, when the premise of a high school reunion came up...why didn't the writers have a collective groan
                              They came up with the Daisy Duke outfit idea and then wrote the episode around that

Comment

Originally posted by Vale_Sg1 View Post
                                They came up with the Daisy Duke outfit idea and then wrote the episode around that
                                Guess they were choosing a hit movie
                                sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Working...
                                X