S10: Critique & Contemplation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rogue View Post
    Silly, everyone knows that the male lead/hero of SG-1 can't be taking orders from a woman. Sometimes I think RCC losing interest in Sam was a good thing, look what he did to the characters he liked.
    <<snerk>>

Not just SG-1. Seems to have the same issue on SGA. We'll see if the pattern holds in a few months.

Saw about half of Company of Thieves tonight. Went shopping long before "Damn you Cam Mitchell!!"

suse
    sigpic
    Mourning Sanctuary.
    Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
      I just wonder what kind of movies we would have gotten had SG1 ended in S8?
      Good ones. At least ones that don't star Vaniel and Da Hewo.

I still think there would have been problems, because SGA would have only been in it's sophomore year. I think tptb thought SG-1 could runitself with not so much attention paid to it. Script quality be darned. After all, they had all the fans from Farscape coming over.

suse
      sigpic
      Mourning Sanctuary.
      Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Wow - I want to thank everyone who has posted over the past couple of days. I've been working long hours at work and just got home to check out what was up - and this thread has been great reading.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
          well, maybe if Major Cameron MItchell had joined the team while Jack ran the base...well we woulda maybe had something a bit more real than the mess that was season nine.

Most of the crit against cameron isn't that he replaced jack, it's how he was written. and since many feel that rick's and gekko's influence helped in the writing and kept the silliness out, hey maybe if cam had been conceived and developed under gekko's guidence rather than coop's 'fun' era, he might have done better, as the show might have

Oh, and 'sam was Rob'd of command'....priceless and so true

you could also say that we were Rob'd of a good last two years
          Yeah I think they should have introduced Mitchell in S8 already. I have nothing against Ben Browder, but if he wasn't availible they could always go the usuall route and hire a pretty much unknown actor to play the role in S8.

Like you said, it would have been a perfect opportunity to bring a new character in right there, while Jack was commander of the SGC and so we could have got Mitchell in some training simulation maybe and get some guidance under Sam who would still be in command. Basiclly bring him in much like they did Jonas, ease him into the role on the team. Even if they weren't gonna be picked up for S9, it still wouldn't be a problem imho. Jonas was around for only a season, and they were thinking of ending it after S6 back then.

I really think they should have done something like that, or simply have stuck with a 3-man team. Carter/Daniel/Teal'c would have handled it just fine.

Comment

Originally posted by saberhagen83 View Post

I really think they should have done something like that, or simply have stuck with a 3-man team. Carter/Daniel/Teal'c would have handled it just fine.
            I think so too. They could have played up the team's relationship with the new general. And I mean the *team* not just one character like they did with Mitchell and Landry. In Uninvited where Vala jokes about Mitchell having "special alone time with the General" I think they meant to imply that Mitchell wouldn't enjoy it. I really thought it was an appropriate comment since they made Landry take a special interest in Mitchell all through S9.
            And no, not in a CLandry way.

They also could have done more interacting with other teams or scientists on base if they wanted it to be "stargate command"-ish. I don't think it would have cost a lot of extra money--remember when they have interacted with Col. Reynold's team, we really only see Reynolds anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by astrogeologist View Post
              Wow - I want to thank everyone who has posted over the past couple of days. I've been working long hours at work and just got home to check out what was up - and this thread has been great reading.

Thanks!
              from all those who posted, your welcome

Clandry? Ewww.

more eww;

Camdry
              Mithandry
              Clam--lam and cam--I actually like that one. Plus I love clams.

Sam and Cam=Scam--another good one. Poetic and ironic as well.
              Daniel and Cam=Dancam
              Teal'c and Cam=T-cam
              Cam and Adria=Camdia
              Cam and Ba'al=Cambals--*giggling*
              Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackie View Post
                Daniel and Cam=Dancam
                I prefer "Damn".

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Cam, Lam and Hank: Clank.
                  Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
                  - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

Originally posted by ReganX View Post
                    I prefer "Damn".
                    Originally posted by Mr Prophet View Post
                    Cam, Lam and Hank: Clank.
                    We could write a dr. suess book!

Clam clanked in the bank before Vala could vamp with vaniel.
                    Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

if they did want stargate command, then yeah, why couldn't we have sg13 going on missions, along iwth sg3? mix the teams up a bit, devleop some supporting characters
                      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by suse View Post
                        Good ones. At least ones that don't star Vaniel and Da Hewo.

I still think there would have been problems, because SGA would have only been in it's sophomore year. I think tptb thought SG-1 could runitself with not so much attention paid to it. Script quality be darned. After all, they had all the fans from Farscape coming over.

suse
                        This maybe a stupid question but.. did that ever work before (two leads from another (canceled) series rejuvenating another ?
                        sigpic
                        Distinguished Service Ribbon Goa'uld Campaign
                        My Stories zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Artwork by Mala

Comment

Originally posted by saberhagen83 View Post
                          Yeah I think they should have introduced Mitchell in S8 already. I have nothing against Ben Browder, but if he wasn't availible they could always go the usuall route and hire a pretty much unknown actor to play the role in S8.

Like you said, it would have been a perfect opportunity to bring a new character in right there, while Jack was commander of the SGC and so we could have got Mitchell in some training simulation maybe and get some guidance under Sam who would still be in command. Basiclly bring him in much like they did Jonas, ease him into the role on the team. Even if they weren't gonna be picked up for S9, it still wouldn't be a problem imho. Jonas was around for only a season, and they were thinking of ending it after S6 back then.

It would have been great!
                          Also it would have been good if he had some talent some characteristic that complemented SG-1 (beside his grandmother and the fact that he didn't die)
                          sigpic
                          Distinguished Service Ribbon Goa'uld Campaign
                          My Stories zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Artwork by Mala

Comment

Originally posted by Zoser View Post
                            It would have been great!
                            Also it would have been good if he had some talent some characteristic that complemented SG-1 (beside his grandmother and the fact that he didn't die)
                            I think his talent was trying to get everyone killed with his ineptitude
                            sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

I'm sure most folks have already seen and visited this site, but I thought I'd post the link for any who haven't.

Stargate SG-1's 'Jump The Shark' page

I love the way that one poster stated that Stargate SG-1 didn't *jump* the shark,
                              but was instead *FORCEFED* to the shark!

Comment

Originally posted by Zoser View Post
                                This maybe a stupid question but.. did that ever work before (two leads from another (canceled) series rejuvenating another ?
                                not that i can recall
                                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X