This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 0xNatashax0 View Post
    my 1000th post I never thought I'd get here!!
    Woohoo!!!! Congratulations for 1,000 posts.
    sigpic

Comment

Well, you're probably already buzzing about Brad Wright's latest interview on GW...but in case you haven't, I'll post this excerpt anyway (concerning Continuum).

Spoiler:
      GW: If SG-1 fans only get two new stories per year, do we want one to have no lasting effect on continuity when it is finished? Wright discloses an interesting nugget that will make this time travel story different than others told in the past.

BW: "The timeline has been changed at the end of Continuum in a subtle, but permanent way," Wright said. "And that is actually illustrated in the final frame of the picture. You'll see. It's cool. Keep in mind, too, in this time travel story, what makes this subtly different than other stories we've done is these guys remember the old timeline.

"That's what makes Continuum different. That's what makes it the time travel story I wanted to do. As the movie unfolds, and as Baal's plan unfolds, we try to get back to Earth and, granted, it's a conceit of mine that traveling through the wormhole keeps them immune from the effects of the timeline."

Could it be that one of those subtle changes is that
      Spoiler:
      our hero and heroine, Sam and Jack, are together? Do the regs disappear in the altered timeline? Or could real Jack have retired and be working as a civilian consultant now?

Could that final frame show a
      BIG HONKIN' KISS??????

Oooooohhhh...the possibilities are endless!!!

Now, of course, it could mean ANYTHING...but let's stick with the positive. I can't see this being anything that negatively impacts our Ship,
      Spoiler:
      given that Continuum takes place before Sam's arrival in Atlantis...and all the positive hints we have received since she got there. So...the SGA episodes we're viewing now are taking place in the new, altered timeline...where anything is possible.

I refuse to think anything except good thoughts about this. And see, Jack agrees:

Comment

Congratulations, Nikki, on 3,900 posts!!!

Congratulations, mad gater, on 3,200 posts!!!

Congratulations, Gatetrixer, on 1,900 posts!!!

Congratulations, OxNatashxO, on 1,000 posts!!!
        And welcome back!!!

Comment

Alright since we had OT Bones news yesterday, here's some OT Office news today...

Spoiler:
          I just read on TV guide.com that the actress who plays Angela is pregnant in real life. Which is great of her and her family. But the Office fan in me got so excited if the strike ends in time for them to use this! Could you imagine prim proper Angela pregnant out of wedlock! Ha ha ha! And would it be Dwight's or Andy's?!?! ha ha I'm still laughing at all the comic potential. If it was Dwight's I can just imagine Angela saying to Dwight: "How do I know you can raise a child? If it gets sick are you going to try to put it out of it's misery by putting it in the freezer like my cat Sprinkles?" Ha ha! Man they have to end this strike...

Uh, okay on topic... uh... sg-1fanintn, dancing Jack looks lonely, I think he needs a dancing Sam.

<-- Look see, she want's to boogie.

Comment

Perfect release for the movie! We'll be at Shore Leave
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn View Post
              Congratulations, Nikki, on 3,900 posts!!!

Congratulations, mad gater, on 3,200 posts!!!

Congratulations, Gatetrixer, on 1,900 posts!!!

Congratulations, OxNatashxO, on 1,000 posts!!!
              And welcome back!!!
              Congrats from me too!

Comment

Originally posted by Seahen View Post
                Uh, okay on topic... uh... sg-1fanintn, dancing Jack looks lonely, I think he needs a dancing Sam.

<-- Look see, she want's to boogie.
                Hmmm...good point. Mala made the dancing Jack. Maybe she would make us a dancing Sam too. I'll ask...if she's back from vacation.

Originally posted by trupi View Post
                Perfect release for the movie! We'll be at Shore Leave
                Depending on which day in July...but exactly what I was thinking!!!

Congratulations, trupi, on 4,100 posts!!!

Happy Birthday, Cathain Nottingham!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Gatetrixer View Post
                  I would love for the
                  Spoiler:
                  subtle change to be showing Sam and Jack together, but is showing something like that considered subtle in TPTB minds?
                  Well, it depends on your definition of subtle.
                  Spoiler:
                  Is a subtle change something that's hard to find- hard to pick out in that last scene? If yes- then it could be something really big like a nice big wedding picture on Jack's desk. Or wedding rings on their hands.

If subtle means a minor change that's only there as a plot device to remind us that the timeline has been altered, then it's not so exciting.

I think it's the first definition of subtle- hard to spot but REALLY big.

Comment

Hmmm...good point. Mala made the dancing Jack. Maybe she would make us a dancing Sam too. I'll ask...if she's back from vacation.

Depending on which day in July...but exactly what I was thinking!!!

Congrats from me too! And Happy Birthday!

I made the mistake of reading all the comments on Joe's blog today. After hanging out here for the last month, I forgot how fractured fandom is. It made me sad. So I have to post this, to make me happy... (I'll let you fill in your own caption )

Last edited by Seahen; 21 November 2007, 04:08 PM.

Comment

I'm still wondering if
                      Spoiler:
                      Sam referring to Jack as 'Col. O'Neill' on a recent SGA episode has something to do with the change in the timeline that occurs as a result of "Continuum." It's not like Sam to make a mistake like that. (Or the writers and producers, for that matter!) But I would rather it resulted in Sam and Jack getting married and they remember the whole thing once the reset button is "pushed." We'll just have to wait until next July and see. Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by starlover1990 View Post
                        Btw I was watching Sheppy today and I suddenly thought of something...it's more about SGA(so in spoilers...and maybe coz I say spoilers...probably not)
                        Spoiler:
                        I don't get one thing about the Wraith. If they feed on us, like we do with pigs and cows(as example) then why don't they make planets and all with all kinds of human on it, only for reproducing and to make as many as possible...So that they had more food. Why don't there exist any human-farm-planets? Are the Wraith not smart enough for this(which I doubt) Or is it just because they had enough food for a long time...but then again before the culling they hadn't then they needed food as well(lots of it)
                        Or was it just because they thought they would found enough humans for feeding(except their normal feeding grounds) and use that...Or last point isn't it possible to reproduce us as easily as the animals...because let's be honest, for the Wraith we are just food...nothing more...IMHO atleast...

The Wraith do have a human farm. It's called the Pegasus galaxy.

They allowed humans to exist there solely to act as a food source - like we let sheep exist on the hills. And we both culled the troublesome ones, and therefore stopped them breeding. So we had a nice amenable food source that goes along and breeds quite happily on its own. And when we/they feel a bit peckish, we go and take a lamb/human and tuck in. We just don't make a very good food source compared to the sheep, reproductively, because of the long lifetimes/low reproductive potential (think about why all the other great apes are dying out; as a species we don't succeed because we produce lots of offspring, we just invest heavily in the ones we have). So the hills started looking a little bit bare, and now they're eyeing up the next hill over, which is full of Wraith meat. Unfortunately, the next hill over is Earth.

*cue dramatic music*
                        sigpic
                        Stuart: “You’ve done nothing, Vince. You go to work, you go for a drink. You sit at home and watch cheap science fiction. Small and tiny world. What is there…that’s so impressive about that? What is there to love?”
                        Vince: “Yeah.”
                        Stuart: “…It was good enough for me.”

Comment

Originally posted by Seahen View Post
                          Thanks for all the kind comments on those last captions. I prepared this epilogue as a thank you. Enjoy!

http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/e...ckdown_471.jpg
                          Well, Daniel's calmed down and all seems well with the SGC again. What have you been working on?
                          I fixed the lock on the storage closet on level 27, you know, the one right next to your office?
                          Oh yeah?
                          Yes, I set it up to only unlock for someone with the Ancient gene and since you're the only one with that not sent to Atlantis...
                          You are soooo smart. I love that about you.
                          Awwww...

http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/e...ckdown_466.jpg
                          So Teal'c.
                          Yes O'Neill?
                          Why are you here?
                          I could not be cropped out of the pictures.
                          Ah.
                          Heehee...I looked at the first picture and I was thinking...why is Teal'c there...I like the second picture...it answerd that question.

Comment

Hi Shippers!

Originally posted by Alan View Post
                            Interesting little bit of news reported by GW about Stargate SG-1: Continuum:

http://www.gateworld.net/news/2007/1...assic_is.shtml

But this part interests me most:
                            Spoiler:
                            "The timeline has been changed at the end of Continuum in a subtle, but permanent way," Wright said. "And that is actually illustrated in the final frame of the picture. You'll see. It's cool. Keep in mind, too, in this time travel story, what makes this subtly different than other stories we've done is these guys remember the old timeline.

I'm hoping that
                            Spoiler:
                            Sam and Jack are now married and that's the main thing that's changed in the timeline. I'd like it if the final frame of this second movie will be Sam finding a wedding photo of her and Jack or maybe a new version of the closing scene from Threads / Moebius (Part 2) with Jack proposing to Sam on the Jetty.
                            Originally posted by L.A. Doyle View Post
                            Exactly!

Ah, my head.
                            Spoiler:
                            So they fix the timeline enough, with only a subtle change, and they remember the old one? I hope the change isn't something that....something that messes up my whole view of the SG universe. I could barely handle the fish in the pond. I kinda don't want it to involve the ship cause I want to believe that they've been together and not have them get together because of the movie...but, eh...I don't know. I do want ship and I want them together... This movie will continue to confuse me until I actually SEE it.

And if anyone's interested, I should have had this up for Shipsgiving, but I still have mixed feelings. *runs away*
                            I'm with you Jena.
                            Spoiler:
                            I don't want this change to involve the ship. At least not in any way that implies that Sam and Jack have not been together from the that very 1st fishing trip in the original timeline. What I want, is for them to let us know in the body of the film, unequivically that Sam and JAck are together, and have been since the fishing.

But BW comment about the final scene is exciting and scary. I'm so afraid they're gonna try and say 'well Sam and Jack weren't together but they are now so don't worry.' NO! I cannot accept that and I swear if that's the case this movie will have to be excluded from my happy world where the seasons that cannot be named also don't exist

But Alan, I would so totally love it if - and this happened in my world - the final scene was the very same fishing scene we get at the end of Threads and there are once again no fish in Jack's pond!! Yep coz then Jack wouldn't have gone to Washington, instead he would have retired and run the SGC as a civillian, Sam wouldn't have gone to Area 51 and Mitchell...well, Mitchell who?? And SG-1 would have remained SG-1! And that in my opinion consitutes subtle but wonderful change

Disclaimer: Alologies to Mitchell fans. This is only my own personal view and wish and you don't have to agree with it.

And so now we know why Sam & Daniel can remember the original timeline. They are somehow insulated from the change coz they're in the wormhole when it happens!

Originally posted by 0xNatashax0 View Post
                            my 1000th post I never thought I'd get here!!
                            Congrats...I so love the writing on this pic *sigh*

Originally posted by trupi View Post
                            Happy Birthday
                            Cathain Nottingham
                            From me too!

Originally posted by JMD View Post
                            I'm still wondering if
                            Spoiler:
                            Sam referring to Jack as 'Col. O'Neill' on a recent SGA episode has something to do with the change in the timeline that occurs as a result of "Continuum." It's not like Sam to make a mistake like that. (Or the writers and producers, for that matter!) But I would rather it resulted in Sam and Jack getting married and they remember the whole thing once the reset button is "pushed." We'll just have to wait until next July and see. Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!!!!
                            Well we know that
                            Spoiler:
                            Jack is still a Major General at the time of SGA S4 so that hasn't changed. And I don't think Sam made a mistake. She was referring to something that happened when JAck was a Colonel so naturally she referred to him by the rank he had the time of the incident. And there is no way she would ever call him 'Jack' in front of any military personel and certainly not when discussing him in a proffessional capacity. Just MHO though
                            sigpic
                            Sig by AstraPerAspera and avatar by SamJackShipLover

Thanks Bekki

Comment

Congratulations and Happy Birthday from me too!

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
                              K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

My attempt at a story.

Originally posted by michelleb View Post
                                I'm NOT happy about this, honestly I wish I could shoot them. The door... Jack thought, trailing off in thought.

Back off...

Oh no, not this again...
                                Hang on a minute,*sigh* NOW how are we going to get out of this thing? Daniel thought after seeing the malp get blasted.
                                sigpicI love the Lord my God with all my heart!!!!http://www.geocities.com/Lessien2002 Save stargate sg1!!!! Let us shippers have a good resolution please!!!! My fanfiction http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1023184/- there's more to come!
                                My GW fanfiction-http://www.gateworld.net/fanfic/arch...ogetherat.html
                                http://www.fanfiction.net/c2/37559/3/0/1/-the c2 community sam/jack relationship community.
                                http://www.petitiononline.com/P3X595/petition.html
                                Now is the time for us to shine, to shine with the power of Christ Divine! The Lord has promised us revival and it WILL come!

Comment

Working...
                                X