This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by luvnjack View Post
    Ah well...I very rarely get serious around here. That rant just slipped out. Oops!

EDIT: This where my son would say, "Mom, Jack is just pretend!"
    You mean you give house-room to one of the misguided ones?

Comment

Originally posted by jumble65 View Post
      You mean you give house-room to one of the misguided ones?
      Kind of have to...he's only 5. And I had to tell him Jack was just pretend so he'd stop looking for him at the grocery store! He's a little shipper, though. He just isn't into it as much as me.

FLUFF!

sigpic

Comment

Hey-ho, Ship Family!

I bring another goody to share with y'all... I made another vid! Yet another Meat Loaf peice (Boy, do I love that man's music!): For Cryin' Out Loud (You Know I Love You). The title just screams for a Sam and Jack vid, don'cha think?

Happy Shipping!
        Love and hot fudge,
        Bren Ren
        ~
        My stories!
        ~

sigpic

Comment

Kind of have to...he's only 5. And I had to tell him Jack was just pretend so he'd stop looking for him at the grocery store! He's a little shipper, though. He just isn't into it as much as me.

FLUFF!

ROFL! Shame on you for lying to a 5-year-old
          I was in the queue at my local corner shop couple of weeks ago when I heard a deep voice behind me. Turned to take a look (yes, I still have to look ) and there was this guy, six foot tall, dark hair going grey at the sides, deeeeep brown eyes, gorgeous smile........managed to keep breathing somehow....... So I'm still
          looking for him at the grocery store, because now I know he's not pretend
          Originally posted by BrenRen View Post
          Hey-ho, Ship Family!

I bring another goody to share with y'all... I made another vid! Yet another Meat Loaf peice (Boy, do I love that man's music!): For Cryin' Out Loud (You Know I Love You). The title just screams for a Sam and Jack vid, don'cha think?

Happy Shipping!
          Wow, Bren, you are soooo good at these vids. Thanks for sharing

Comment

ROFL! Shame on you for lying to a 5-year-old
            I was in the queue at my local corner shop couple of weeks ago when I heard a deep voice behind me. Turned to take a look (yes, I still have to look ) and there was this guy, six foot tall, dark hair going grey at the sides, deeeeep brown eyes, gorgeous smile........managed to keep breathing somehow....... So I'm still
            looking for him at the grocery store, because now I know he's not pretend

Wow, Bren, you are soooo good at these vids. Thanks for sharing
            LOL! Well, I just wanted Jack all to myself! Who wants to share him with a 5 yr. old if he shows up at the store? What an unhappy scene that would be!

Me: Stop hugging Jack! I want a turn! Get off!
            Kid: No! I don't WANT to! Jack, where's Colonal?
            Jack: Who ARE you people!?

The police would inevitably be involved. Poor Jack. He'd be traumatized. Then, my Hubby would step in, apologize profusely for his crazy wife and son, and then become best friends with Jack! *glares at Hubby*
            sigpic

Comment

((atfan))

1. Your kid reminds you that "Jack is just pretend."
              2. You want to name pets after SG-1
              3. Words like "D'oh" and "Indeed" are a part of your normal vocabulary.
              4. You check your Air Force Base's electric bill to see if it cost's $1 Billion.
              5. You feel a strong desire to throw paper balls at your lecturer just because he looks like Martouf
              6. You have the words to "D'oh I hear, from Jack I hear" running through your head.
              7. You listen to songs on the radio and think, "That would make a great vid."
              8. You seriously consider asking your squadron's First Sergeant how two high ranking individuals in the same chain of command could legally start dating.
              9. You have recurring dreams about Amanda and dogs.
              10. Your rp character is Sam and Jack's daughter.
              11. You have discussions with your significant other about the name Jack for a baby boy...
              12. You start to ramble about something, and your friends cut you off with, "Are you talking about that sci-fi couple again?"
              13. You hang out on the shipper thread so much it becomes like a second home.
              14. You spend more time reading/writing fanfiction then doing your school work.
              15. You have a Sam/Jack screen saver on your computer at work as well as your home computer.
              16. You overhear someone say today (St. Patricks Day) that their name is O'Neill and you say "Is that with two L's"
              17. You have more pictures of Sam and Jack on your computer than you do of your kids and your spouse combined.
              18. You talk about Joe Mallozzi like he was your next door neighbor
              19. You sit in the chat playing 6 Degrees of Separation between Ben Franklin and Sam and Jack... and come up with multiple connections!
              20. You can no longer look at potatoes without laughing (or crying...or screaming...or suddenly becoming violent...)
              21. You keep getting this message:
              22. When you have the sims and have the entire SG fandom on it...including S/J as main ship...erm...sims
              23. When you write S/J on your graphic calculator...(full screen...)
              24. When you hear the name Jack somewhere you think S/J
              25. When you have S/J desktop and screensaver an all three computers at home
              26. Your husband threatens to paint a Stargate symbol on his forehead so you will pay attention to him.
              27. You talk your husband into Comic Con so he can visit the comic stuff and you can go to the Stargate panel
              28 It takes you a whole weekend to transfer all your pictures, Stargate stuff files and fan fiction to your new computer, all of your bookmarks are Stargate related.
              29. Words like point of view, grace etc will never sound the same again.
              30. PB no longer means Peanut Butter, it means Photobucket
              31. You name your computer/laptop after SG characters
              32. The first thing you do when you turn on your computer is check on the thread
              sigpicMy Fanfic

Comment

LOL! Well, I just wanted Jack all to myself! Who wants to share him with a 5 yr. old if he shows up at the store? What an unhappy scene that would be!

Me: Stop hugging Jack! I want a turn! Get off!
                Kid: No! I don't WANT to! Jack, where's Colonal?
                Jack: Who ARE you people!?

The police would inevitably be involved. Poor Jack. He'd be traumatized. Then, my Hubby would step in, apologize profusely for his crazy wife and son, and then become best friends with Jack! *glares at Hubby*
                ROFLMAO! Poor Hubby! Actually, I was thinking next time of using a small child as bait. You know how Jack loves kids

Comment

Great vid Bren
                  *shippy sigh* the wedding at the end! (so married!!)
                  sigpicMy Fanfic

Comment

Hey, what's going on? May I just remind you ladies that this is the "Jack and Sam" thread? Hands off!!!
                    And just to make it perfectly clear

Mine, mine, mine, MINE!

Comment

Originally posted by Aveo_amacus View Post
                      ((atfan))

1. Your kid reminds you that "Jack is just pretend."
                      4. You check your Air Force Base's electric bill to see if it cost's $1 Billion.
                      5. You feel a strong desire to throw paper balls at your lecturer just because he looks like Martouf
                      6. You have the words to "D'oh I hear, from Jack I hear" running through your head.
                      8. You seriously consider asking your squadron's First Sergeant how two high ranking individuals in the same chain of command could legally start dating.
                      9. You have recurring dreams about Amanda and dogs.
                      10. Your rp character is Sam and Jack's daughter.
                      11. You have discussions with your significant other about the name Jack for a baby boy...
                      12. You start to ramble about something, and your friends cut you off with, "Are you talking about that sci-fi couple again?"
                      14. You spend more time reading/writing fanfiction then doing your school work.
                      15. You have a Sam/Jack screen saver on your computer at work as well as your home computer.
                      16. You overhear someone say today (St. Patricks Day) that their name is O'Neill and you say "Is that with two L's"
                      17. You have more pictures of Sam and Jack on your computer than you do of your kids and your spouse combined.
                      18. You talk about Joe Mallozzi like he was your next door neighbor
                      19. You sit in the chat playing 6 Degrees of Separation between Ben Franklin and Sam and Jack... and come up with multiple connections!
                      20. You can no longer look at potatoes without laughing (or crying...or screaming...or suddenly becoming violent...)
                      21. You keep getting this message:
                      22. When you have the sims and have the entire SG fandom on it...including S/J as main ship...erm...sims
                      23. When you write S/J on your graphic calculator...(full screen...)
                      25. When you have S/J desktop and screensaver an all three computers at home
                      26. Your husband threatens to paint a Stargate symbol on his forehead so you will pay attention to him.
                      27. You talk your husband into Comic Con so he can visit the comic stuff and you can go to the Stargate panel
                      28 It takes you a whole weekend to transfer all your pictures, Stargate stuff files and fan fiction to your new computer, all of your bookmarks are Stargate related.
                      32. The first thing you do when you turn on your computer is check on the thread
                      You are soooo right

Comment

14. You spend more time reading/writing fanfiction then doing your work.

LOL, OMG, it's kinda funny how much these apply to me...
                        I used to have a guinea pig named Jack....
                        Although my boyfriend looks like Kavan Smith...
                        but the radio one.... that applies everytime I'm in the car.....

And OMG, I miss all of you guys!!! I shall be around more I promise>....
                        Been really busy here, working a lot, helping my friend plan her wedding and finding out I'm gonna be an aunt....
                        It's been nuts!!! Thank god the next holiday I have coming up is Vancouver and it's coming fast!
                        Have a great day everyone and I shall see you later tonight
                        sigpic
                        awesome siggie courtesy of jasminaGo

Comment

Sarah I love your sig!
                          sigpicMy Fanfic

Comment

ROFLMAO! Poor Hubby! Actually, I was thinking next time of using a small child as bait. You know how Jack loves kids
                            Jumble! You GENIUS!!!

Originally posted by ~Sarah~ View Post
                            LOL, OMG, it's kinda funny how much these apply to me...
                            I used to have a guinea pig named Jack....
                            Although my boyfriend looks like Kavan Smith...
                            but the radio one.... that applies everytime I'm in the car.....

And OMG, I miss all of you guys!!! I shall be around more I promise>....
                            Been really busy here, working a lot, helping my friend plan her wedding and finding out I'm gonna be an aunt....It's been nuts!!! Thank god the next holiday I have coming up is Vancouver and it's coming fast!Have a great day everyone and I shall see you later tonight
                            ~Sarah~!! We have missed you!
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Egle01 View Post
                              Congrats on 800 posts, Bekki!

Btw, is that scene from 'Proving Groud' at the beginning or at the end or in the middle of ep?
                              CONGRATS FROM ME TOO....

Originally posted by Bekki View Post
                              ok - I'll celebrate 800 on my 801st post ...

...with a sonnet!! (4 weeks at uni, and all I learn is sonnet-writing)

warning - poor quality poetry may disrupt brain cells. If knowledge leakage occurs, close eyes and skip post immediately

Bekki's (possibly first non guttery) Poem

There is more to life than love I often fear
                              For wealth and joy in work is oft abound
                              But tis hard to so believe when you are near
                              For sure, in you my happiness is found

I cannot understand these feelings rare
                              Though looks you have, they aren't the charms that wooed me
                              I fathom not what leads me so to care
                              I cannot phrase the essence of your beauty

Tis not your eyes, though cavernous they be
                              Tis not the gravel timbre of your song
                              Tis not your hand or warm embrace that holds me
                              But surely in those arms I do belong

And though forbidden is my love for you
                              One day, sir, I'll make my dreams come true

(oh death! that was bad...but forgive me...I'm not the queen of sonnets, sadly... ....bad limmericks, maybe )
                              I liked it....

Originally posted by Bekki View Post
                              Hmm, can I bring the shippers back to life?

Let me see...

Gutter usually does the trick

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...girl/broca.jpg

Wakey wakey, shippers! Rise and shine! Don't swallow any turpentine!!!
                              *splutter splutter*....*cough cough*

Is THAT what this stuff is.....I thought it tasted funny for moonshine....

Originally posted by chelle db View Post
                              Hi ho shippers!!
                              It's been a while since I last popped in here...been popping in and out of everywhere really quickly lately!!
                              I just wanted to come on in and say hi and wish everyone a very happy easter (I won't be online for a while as we're going camping for the easter break) and I also wanted to introduce you all to our newest member of our little family!
                              Shippers...meet Billy!!!

Billy is a 7 week old Bull Mastiff x English Mastiff/Bull Arab Dane...yes they are big dogs...and I would have preferred a smaller dog but....look at him...he's just so cute...and so well behaved too...not one mess in the house yet and he doesn't chew our things...and he stays where he's told to stay...he's a very clever puppy!
                              And when I come home from work...he gets all excited...I have no idea why...but I think he might actually like me...

Anyhoo...
                              Happy Easter Ship Family!!
                              Night guys...take care and have fun!
                              Will hopefully be back into the thread before we move house...which we've now been given a date...well kind of...at the end of April!!

(((Ship Family)))
                              all together now......

AWWWWW!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by Cree View Post
                              gosh i came on to read what was going on and its like a million more posts since i last post
                              Thanks for all the welcomes and the list is looking great
                              WELCOME BACK!!!!!!

Comment

Hmmm... Pink Shep, obviously he's in touch with his feminine side
                                Its not very warm here, so it is just the laptop overheating I think maybe one of the fans is not working, guess I'll have to take it to the shop.......but how will I cope if they want to keep it for a few days
                                I'd have to keep going upstairs to the spare room and use the desktop
                                I guess the exercise will do me good
                                He is...
                                *hugs for your laptop* I hope he's fixed really soon!

oh...and my Shep is already turned on for days...no overheating problems there(Try to not gutterize that)

LOL! My computer is Siler. Oh, there's something for the list...
                                Lol...we all give our computers SG names...and I love the list...but it's scary that actually many things fit for me...

oh and I just had a SG moment when I was with my granny in the hospital...she had a device hooked on her...and with big, blue letters it said GW(Gateworld) I almost made a picture of it...

Originally posted by atfan View Post
                                I just have to rant about this. Why do people automatically assume that if and when Sam actually either goes out with or marries Jack she will somehow automatically become different? I am not saying she won't change at all but why does it have to be a negative thing for some people? If anything I think being with Jack will encourage her, she is happier, content, etc. She won't lost part of herself or suddenly not be interested in science. Jack wouldn't try to control her or make her feel bad about either long working hours or not being able to spend time with him, he would understand because he knows her and they were friends first. The best possible outcome for her in my opinion why can't others see it in a positive light? end rant*

Oh well at least you guys understand
                                Hmm...well I do think Sam would change in a relationship with Jack...so would Jack...I just think that people have effects on each other and that both of them will change because of the presence of the other around eachother..plus instead of UST there is RST what will make them both more relaxed(atleast I think so) and I think that many people will see that as a change.

But what you say that something fundumental will change I don't think so...not that fast atleast... I don't think that Sam will really become another person...nah...that won't happen!

Originally posted by BrenRen View Post
                                Hey-ho, Ship Family!

Happy Shipping!
                                Love the vid...

And gotta run...or I miss the beginning of Heroes (I'm a serie addict..can't help it)
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X