This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Oma-1 View Post
    There is a big issue for me with the way Sam was written during the time from Chimera right up till Threads. Sometimes it was brilliant kick-a$$ Sam, other times she seemed like an entirely different person. Personally, I would have written her a lot differently at those times.

But tptb are in charge. To try to go with what was happening on screen, I've put her personal nervousness with Teal'c in this scene down to the fact that she is dating , and the way her personal dilemma over and Jack could affect her. I'll bullet point my thoughts in the hope that will make them clearer (cos coherant and long paragraphs don't work for me )

Spoiler:

* Since Chimera, I don't think the team have spent much time together outside of missions, (except during the weekend after Jack got head-sucked again), so she's feeling guilty that she's been neglecting her friendship with Teal'c while she has been spending time with and guilty over ignoring Teal'c for days while she's been trying to fix the ship. She's trying too hard.

* During the time Sam has spent with , she's got more used to chatting, social interaction etc and this journey has been incredibly long - days long. She needs to talk!

* Teal'c just doesn't feel the need to chat. He's jaffa, self-contained, and content with his own company.

* Teal'c has been a rock for her for a long time. He knows how Sam feels about Jack, he's always been discrete and supportive and non-judgmental.

* Sam's uncomfortable discussing with Teal'c because of this. She knows he won't judge her, or make any comment about what he thinks of her dating , but still, uncomfortable.

So mix that lot up, and you get a hesitant, nervous and tense Sam.

Edit: Jasmina managed to say that in a lot less words, and a lot more coherantly
    Oh, you did a very good job with the bullet points.

Maybe one day we can get together and discuss margines and fonts
    sigpic

Comment

Nad - I'm starting to worry about you....do we need to get a room ready in the Shipper Rehab centre?

atfan - I think its a lovely idea to contact missing shippers. We can let them know how much we miss them. I'm in touch with quite a few shippers I could deliver a friendly poke and ask them to drop by for visit. I'm sure there are others here who are still in touch with more.....although I know a few who won't come - they've just moved on to other ships and shows.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jasminaGo View Post

LOL! Don't get me started!!!!!!!!
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Aveo_amacus View Post
          yeah totally agree 3 times - fine. 4 times - stalkerish
          Yes. It's stalker maths.

Originally posted by Oma-1 View Post
          Nad - I'm starting to worry about you....do we need to get a room ready in the Shipper Rehab centre?
          Nah...
          I'm perfectly fine!

Now if you will excuse me, I need to go out and Happy Dance on the street.
          Fully clothed, this time. It's cold.
          After that, I need to shave my dog. I love Jack Russels with nothing but a mohawk.

EDIT: No insult intended

atfan - I think its a lovely idea to contact missing shippers. We can let them know how much we miss them. I'm in touch with quite a few shippers I could deliver a friendly poke and ask them to drop by for visit. I'm sure there are others here who are still in touch with more.....although I know a few who won't come - they've just moved on to other ships and shows.
          I like the idea, too atfan!
          It would take some organizing, but I'd love to hear what everyone's been up to.
          Last edited by DutchIndeed; 19 March 2008, 03:05 PM.
          Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
          Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
            I know

And 4 times? THAT would be stalkerish!
            *whistles innocent*

Do you already have all those personal files? I wanna see them!

Originally posted by jasminaGo View Post

Why was I thinking about Photoshop in here...and had to double check everything...
            sigpic

Comment

I've noticed that our thread has four stars instead of five. Why would that happen? How does a thread receive the star rating it has, because I have no idea
              sigpic
              Thanks to Dunc for my pretty aurora and Muse sig. He had no part in the Twilight one

Comment

Originally posted by starlover1990 View Post
                *whistles innocent*
                You're trying this in here too? Should I remind you of your recent guttery caption?
                sigpic

Comment

Rebekah's first shipper thought of the day:

We all know which epi this is from...but take the dark blue out of context...then put it in S/J context....anyone else see that??????
                  O'Neill: What?

Carter: Forget it.

O'Neill: That would be forget it SIR.

Carter: Oh please, you think I'm keeping that up if we're stuck here forever?

O'Neill: Listen Major.

Carter: No way.

O'Neill: That's no way COLONEL.

Carter: I'm supposed to accept that. That's the way it's gonna be?

O'Neill: That's the way it is.

Carter: What difference does it make. It's not up to you.

Transcript courtesy of http://moon-catchin.net/gatenoise/sg...18thelight.htm

Sigs by Mada

Comment

Originally posted by Aurora1101 View Post
                    I've noticed that our thread has four stars instead of five. Why would that happen? How does a thread receive the star rating it has, because I have no idea
                    It always used to be 5 stars!!!!!

Quick, everyone (that includes all you lurkers out there!!!!!) go to the top of the page, there's a drop down arrow in the Rating box - click on it and vote for our most wonderful and excellent family thread!!!!!!!!

Edit: btw, it accepts multiple votes
                    sigpic

Comment

I guess when I consider New Order and how much they had to cram into those two episodes, I think I'd rather lose a scene of Sam working on the engines than the scene with Teal'c. For me, her ability to work on the engines is a given. It's what Sam does...and she's brilliant at it. The scene with Teal'c was much more personal...and I thought it let us see an aspect of Sam we don't often get to see. She actually has doubts, from time to time, about what she's doing. She's brilliant, yes...perfect, no. She's been absorbed with those engines, trying not to think about Jack, while accomplishing just the opposite...she's thought about him the whole time. She's uncertain as to whether she's plotted the correct course or not...and the fact that the cargo ship may be on a one-way trip has to be eating at her too. Not as much for her own safety--or that of Teal'c's...but because if they fail, then Jack's fate is pretty much sealed. I found the conversation with Teal'c gently humorous...how many times have you tried to talk to someone and gotten one word answers? And the way he turns the table on her and her nervous reaction to that reveals that she's still not comfortable with the intersection of her personal life and her professional life, now that Pete's in the picture. So actually, that's one of my favorite scenes in the episode! That one and the look on her face when Fifth reveals that Jack is alive. Oh yeah...and their reunion (oh the angst!!!!)...and her promotion...and... oh heck...I just love the whole darn thing!
                      sigpic

Comment

Well, we've been hovering right around 4.50, which rounds up to give us 5 stars. So I'm assuming the last person who voted voted 4 or less to bring us down a notch. I already voted long ago, so I can't vote again. But anyone who is new who wishes to vote, click on the stars up there and give us a 5 star rating if you'd like!!

I've been fussing with a chapter to my fic....doing a sorta mini overhaul, but it's being a pain in the mikta. Now I think I'm gonna go wash clothes...or something...

Comment

You can vote for the thread...and perhaps some people voted lower then 5 stars so the rating went down...so people vote for 5 stars!!! It's on the top of the thread...

Originally posted by Chocolatequeen View Post
                          You're trying this in here too? Should I remind you of your recent guttery caption?
                          but but but...I'm still innocent...here and in the chat
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Reb<3 View Post
                            Rebekah's first shipper thought of the day:

We all know which epi this is from...but take the dark blue out of context...then put it in S/J context....anyone else see that??????
                            O'Neill: What?

Carter: Forget it.

O'Neill: That would be forget it SIR.

Carter: Oh please, you think I'm keeping that up if we're stuck here forever?

O'Neill: Listen Major.

Carter: No way.

O'Neill: That's no way COLONEL.

Carter: I'm supposed to accept that. That's the way it's gonna be?

O'Neill: That's the way it is.

Carter: What difference does it make. It's not up to you.

Transcript courtesy of http://moon-catchin.net/gatenoise/sg...18thelight.htm
                            You mean it wasn't already in shipper context?!?!?!?!

It may have layers, but imho, the top layer is the ship layer
                            sigpic

Comment

*shrug* It just hit me wrong. Her behavior makes sense in context, but they only alluded to the context, so on first viewing it didn't seem right. Just my opinion of course.

I definitely agree with you on the rest of the episode though. After those first 15 minutes, I loved it. Fifth's "Because I love you" was appropriately creepy, her relief when he let slip that Jack was alive was swift and obvious, Jack's constant focus on saving her was wonderful.

And now I've got to get ready for work. Talk to y'all later!
                              sigpic

Comment

Yeah I've always seen the top layer as ship..
                                it's hard not to see everything as ship but that's definitely ship.
                                sigpicMy Fanfic

Comment

Working...
                                X