This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JenniferJF View Post
    I've always thought that scene proves Jack has excellent taste in women.. I've often wondered as well if that didn't boost his ego a necessary bit as well - if one smart beautiful younger woman thought she might be falling for him, then maybe the other one in love with him wasn't throwing herself away on him. I think Jack has a bit of an ego problem, as many over achievers do, and Kerry's almost-admission probably did help give him some of the courage to say 'Always.'
    Jenn, excellent points, as always! Boy, it's good to see you again! (Good to see everyone again.) Hard to imagine that two such accomplished, wonderful people couldn't see their own value, but I agree that is what complicated things (a lot). And, although I'll get objects thrown at me more saying it, Carrie and P....P...Peee...He Who Must Not Be Named were important to the evolution and growth of both Sam and Jack.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Seahen View Post
      If it makes you feel better, I wasn't born in the 80's.

Oh and I looked at transcripts of the two eps you mentioned and didn't notice anything like that quote. Are you sure you didn't read it in a fanfic? Sometimes I swear I heard something on the show but it turns out it was fanfic instead.
      We'll just say that "Groovy" and "Far-out" were once part of my vocabulary and leave it at that...

And thanks for checking those transcripts. Maybe it was a fanfic..or one of the novels. I am getting old, after all...

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn View Post
      Valenship is sooooo much fun! I think our stories tend to be more serious at Shipsgiving and Shipmas, because there's a degree of thankfulness built in to our ideas about each one. But Valentine's Day is just fun and fluff!

Simpsons boxers. I saw those at the store too. Hmm...I bet one of us can work that into a Valenship fic!!!
      FLUFF?!?!?! FLUFF did you say? This may take some doing....
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AstraPerAspera View Post
        We'll just say that "Groovy" and "Far-out" were once part of my vocabulary and leave it at that...

And thanks for checking those transcripts. Maybe it was a fanfic..or one of the novels. I am getting old, after all...

FLUFF?!?!?! FLUFF did you say? This may take some doing....
        Come on, APA! You can do FLUFF! I know you can! Think super-happy S/J thoughts, and the fluff shall come! (((APA)))
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Zoser View Post
          Don't feel bad about your age Jumble65 - I'm older than RDA .
          I have two girls who watched Alf so I never saw MacGyver. I have now but Jack O'Neill is the one!!!!
          LOL, have to agree with you there. I don't feel so bad about the 'age' thing now I know I'm not the only around here but...
          Spoiler:
          My 10-year-old grandson was here the other day - 'Nanny, why have you got those pictures of the guy from SG1 on your wall?' Um, well, you see......Uh

Originally posted by Rac80 View Post
          RDA shirtless in the 70's was something all right (smiles fondly and remembers her misspent youth....)
          No that's just teasing

[quote)I have slowed down and been more willing to watch the world as time has gone by....
          [/quote]

Know what you mean, now that my three have all left home, I can watch any darn thing I please

Gosh, darn it, I'm having sooo much trouble with these quote marks. Grr

Comment

Originally posted by luvnjack View Post
            Come on, APA! You can do FLUFF! I know you can! Think super-happy S/J thoughts, and the fluff shall come! (((APA)))
            *quivers at the thought of leaving the Cavern of Angst...*
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AstraPerAspera View Post
              *quivers at the thought of leaving the Cavern of Angst...*
              Come one, APA! You can do it...think...

Happy Thoughts!
              sigpic

Comment

Awwww! Look at her wanting to ruffle his hair (and don't we all?)! How cute is that?!

How very FLUFFY!
                sigpic

Comment

M-m-maybe...luvnjack...m-m-maybe...

But I think I need more inspiration...
                  sigpic

Comment

Like I need encouragement!

Especially after my Ship Detox...

sigpic

Comment

I'm so glad luvnjack is posting way too many pictures again!
                      Me, too, Sam. Me, too!
                      sigpic

Comment

Okay, last one!

So nice to have an evening off work! I had to spend an hour on the phone with a tech guy today, too, to get my dsl working right again! All this time, I was blaming Siler the Computer, and it was the dsl! *hugs Siler*
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JenniferJF View Post
                          Me neither. Well, I HAD already been born before the 80s, to clarify.. as some of ya'll hadn't yet been born in the 80s.

EDIT: And I live in Wisconsin, where lately the daily high of 10F seems quite balmy before it drops to the nightly low somewhere below -20. The 6 inches of snow on my car since I parked it at noon is pretty, though
                          OT:

Spoiler:
                          oy....sometimes we get out share around here of what is known as lake effect snow....the Southern Tier here in Erie County in WNY were getting hammered with a persistent band over the weekend....it had to have been a doozy too since we could see the cloud wall for that band of snow from all the way up here in Northern Erie county.........and why don't you go on to YIM....we'd love to have you in chat....*nudge nudge*.....

Comment

*rummages in PB account for fluff...*

First attempt...

...sorry...still angst...
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Alan View Post
                              I can't tell you when exactly but it must have been around 1986 or '87 given it started in the US in '85. If you're interested and you have Sky Digital, MacGyver is repeated on the FX channel (no. 165).

I watched a couple of episodes and thought it was quite good apart from one episode where about 75% of it used footage from the end chase near the end of the movie The Italian Job (the 60's version)! It was pretty bad.
                              Ah, the Thief from Budapest....not one of his better episodes from Season one.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by luvnjack View Post
                                Okay, last one!

http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/a...lvictories.jpg

So nice to have an evening off work! I had to spend an hour on the phone with a tech guy today, too, to get my dsl working right again! All this time, I was blaming Siler the Computer, and it was the dsl! *hugs Siler*
                                yeah....DSL....that's why we have cable internet.....

Comment

Working...
                                X