Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Also can I just say as the apparent baby of the group (I wasn't around until 1987) that it's never a bad time to begin your guttery feelings for RDA. The man is so unbelievably HOT. Somehow I think I'm gonna be spending the rest of the evening firmly in the gutter....

Spoilered for your own good ladies, I don't want to be told off for the increase of thunking-related accidents in the GW infirmary...

Spoiler:

Comment

Sarai;7598379 Also can I just say as the apparent baby of the group (I wasn't around until 1987) that it's never a bad time to begin your guttery feelings for RDA. The man is so unbelievably HOT. Somehow I think I'm gonna be spending the rest of the evening firmly in the gutter....
      And there we have it, the ultimate accolade (and from a 20-year-old! Such is the power of The Man)

Comment

Originally posted by jumble65 View Post
        I, on the other hand, was too busy bringing up three kids to be watching TV very much in the 80s, so MacGyver passed me by at that time. LOL! Now you know how old I am
        Hmm my mom was raising two kids at the time(not me...I needed her for myself)
        And nope still don't know how old you are, you could have kids early or late...you could still be...begin 40's

Originally posted by Alan View Post
        I can't tell you when exactly but it must have been around 1986 or '87 given it started in the US in '85. If you're interested and you have Sky Digital, MacGyver is repeated on the FX channel (no. 165).
        I wasn't born at the time. I'm a 90' kid WOOHOO.

I watched a couple of episodes and thought it was quite good apart from one episode where about 75% of it used footage from the end chase near the end of the movie The Italian Job (the 60's version)! It was pretty bad.
        Italian Job...watched that movie yesterday...love it...squee...and it has ship

Originally posted by Sarai View Post
        Also can I just say as the apparent baby of the group (I wasn't around until 1987) that it's never a bad time to begin your guttery feelings for RDA. The man is so unbelievably HOT. Somehow I think I'm gonna be spending the rest of the evening firmly in the gutter....

Spoilered for your own good ladies, I don't want to be told off for the increase of thunking-related accidents in the GW infirmary...

Spoiler:

hmmm*drools* Never too old young to thunk him!
        Last edited by starlover; 21 January 2008, 07:53 AM.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mara-anni View Post
          Hmmm, Does anyone have Dr Daniel's number? (((Brooke)))
          Yummy. Dr. Daniel...he could certainly 'help' me recover.

Comment

Inspired by conversation here, once again, I made another wallpaper...

This one is entitled: "Welcome to the Cavern of Angst":

Click to enlarge...

Love and hot fudge,
            Bren Ren
            ~
            My stories!
            ~

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BrenRen View Post

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a63/BrenRen1/WelcometotheCavernofAngstTh.jpg
              Click to enlarge...

Yea! Bren!!! I love the Cavern and I love this picture!!! Thanks a bunch!!!!!

Comment

Click to enlarge...

Ooooh!! Artwork for the Cavern! Niiiiiiiiice! Thanks Bren!!!

And jumble65, glad to have someone new at the...er...more "chronologically experienced" end of the S/J bellcurve...
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AstraPerAspera View Post
                  Ooooh!! Artwork for the Cavern! Niiiiiiiiice! Thanks Bren!!!

And jumble65, glad to have someone new at the...er...more "chronologically experienced" end of the S/J bellcurve...
                  See this is where all my technical writing proffessors would tell me not to use big important sounding words when a smaller, more common word would mean the same thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Sarai View Post

Oops, did I take the spoiler tags off instead of the img tags? Bad Neep.

I'm an '87 baby too When I was growing up, I only knew RDA as the MacGyver that Patty and Selma on the Simpsons lusted after.
                    Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Well, it's finally happened, you all have inspired me enough to write my first Jack and Sam fic! I was inspired by the person (forgive me for not remembering who) who added on to my idea of Sam saying goodnight to Jack's photo every night in Atlantis, by saying she wore her wedding ring around her dogtags, and how inside that ring would have "Always" inscribed on it.

Sooo...I'm working on it now. I've written and posted Anakin/Padme fic before, but this is my first foray into Jack/Sam. It's set at Christmas time (and I realize I'm late for the Shipmas fic *blush*) but as I said, I was inspired. Once I'm done, I will post it at ff.net and maybe the JackandSamforever site (I can never remember the address). It does have some *cough* mature scenes *cough* in it, but nothing overly graphic or tasteless...just two people very happy to see each other after the times apart And TONS of shippy fluff. You have been warned! hehe
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Meriwyn View Post
                        Well, it's finally happened, you all have inspired me enough to write my first Jack and Sam fic! I was inspired by the person (forgive me for not remembering who) who added on to my idea of Sam saying goodnight to Jack's photo every night in Atlantis, by saying she wore her wedding ring around her dogtags, and how inside that ring would have "Always" inscribed on it.

Sooo...I'm working on it now. I've written and posted Anakin/Padme fic before, but this is my first foray into Jack/Sam. It's set at Christmas time (and I realize I'm late for the Shipmas fic *blush*) but as I said, I was inspired. Once I'm done, I will post it at ff.net and maybe the JackandSamforever site (I can never remember the address). It does have some *cough* mature scenes *cough* in it, but nothing overly graphic or tasteless...just two people very happy to see each other after the times apart And TONS of shippy fluff. You have been warned! hehe
                        Bookmark it!
                        http://sjalways-forever.jackandsamfo...p?skin=Romance

Comment

Originally posted by AstraPerAspera View Post
                          ROFL! Never been called that before

Originally posted by Seahen View Post
                          See this is where all my technical writing proffessors would tell me not to use big important sounding words when a smaller, more common word would mean the same thing.
                          You don't mean? No! Please! Not the 'O' word?

Hey, loook! Managed a multiple quote, Yay! (Ok, so it's not that clever, but when you get to the 'chronologically experienced' end of the curve, its harder to learn new things, humour me)

Comment

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a63/BrenRen1/WelcometotheCavernofAngstTh.jpg
                            Click to enlarge...

Sweet! Like the graphic a lot!...Have never been there( in the angst pit, since I'm always in the gutter one)...but it looks good...but still prefer my gutter
                            sigpic

Comment

Hello everyone! I've been away far too long! (what with Christmas & sitting exams, i've been a busy girl) Really glad to be back now though. Just wanted say again how much i love this thread!

Just thought as everyone was saying about RDA, i only came to know about him through SG1. Didn't watch Macgyver the first time round ( I was born in 83) but i do have some of the dvd's now so i'm gradually catching up! (And enjoying doing so! ) But i do still prefer RDA as Jack.

Sig made by Starlover1990- her sigs are amazing!

Comment

Originally posted by SCarterUK View Post
                                Hello everyone! I've been away far too long! (what with Christmas & sitting exams, i've been a busy girl) Really glad to be back now though. Just wanted say again how much i love this thread!

Just thought as everyone was saying about RDA, i only came to know about him through SG1. Didn't watch Macgyver the first time round ( I was born in 83) but i do have some of the dvd's now so i'm gradually catching up! (And enjoying doing so! ) But i do still prefer RDA as Jack.
                                welcome back

sig by starlover1990

Comment

Working...
                                X