• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guys go here: http://www.scifi.com/stargate/

Jack is back front and center!
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AmberLM
      I was just wondering why everyone seems to see a big connection between 'Pirates of the Caribbean' and 'Stargate'. So far I've seen Leah Rosenthal's Startoon, a Stargate music video using the Pirate music and several fanfics and posts mentioning it. Maybe it's just the 'Captain Jack' thing? It certainly can't be the military, for one thing they're the British Navy not the USAF, Kiera Knightly looks and behaves NOTHING like Sam and I'd hardly say that Jacob was like Governor Swan, nor Pete like Commodor Norrington and/or Will Turner! "Savvy?" - it's hardly the same as FCOL!

Maybe it's just wishful thinking, Johnny Depp and RDA onscreen at the same time... *DOUBLE THUNK*

Edit: OK, so maybe Pete behaves a little like Will, after all they're both a bit weak
      I just had to reply to this...hubby and I just came home from seeing Pirates of the Caribbean 2...can't say that I see any connection to Stargate in it at all...although we really did enjoy it immensley...I love the term Savvy...where does it come from?? Daughter Niki went to see it with her girlfriends today too and did mention to me that Davey Jones reminded her of Nem from the ep Fire and Water...personally I couldn't see it...but she is only 13 so maybe her imagination is a lot broader than mine!!
      "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
      Hug Your Loved Ones!!
      ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by zabbugh
        I have a half an hour until the show starts out here in CA, it does not sound too promising.
        Ship Nana I agree 210% about wanting the old team back.
        The writing has taken a turn for the mediocre, which is worse than worse if you ask me.
        What in the world happened? If I hated it I could deal because at least I would have some passion about the show but I honestly just think of Fridays as Fridays now and not 'Stargate Night'.

The thrill is gone baby.

Okay, sorry to bum people out, seems when I look back at the few posts I have put up they have been somewhat negative towards the show. I just miss the old gang but mostly RDA.

I am hanging in there for 200. If not for anything more than to see the silver fox once again.

I agree with you. I used to drop all plans for Stargate Fridays. All our friends knew that I either would not go out or had to be back in time for the show. I had my drink of choice in my hand and all my Shipper Cookies lined up on the table. I had a "DO NOT DISTURB under penalty of Penguin attack" posted and I had the TV all to myself.

AHHHHHH, THOSE WERE THE DAYS!!!!!

Now Friday is just Friday. I tape the episode and then decide later if I want to watch it or not and not even necessarily the whole thing.

The excitement is gone!

The wonderful stories and scripts with characters who made you LAUGH or CRY or just plain FEEL SOMETHING are GONE!!! And Oh yes, I'm feeling BLUE!

If I were the writers I would be EMBARRASSED to turn out such dribble!!! Especially when you've shown yourself to be capable of soooooo much more!!!
        Ship Nana

Comment

Originally posted by ses110
          Ship Nana IMO
          Spoiler:
          Landry is turning into a waste just like Vala and Mitchell.Landry seemed like a bigger Mitchell suckup than Walter.If this Show gets a Season 11 their should be an investigation.IMO with no Jack mention from Sam their is no doubt TPTB are messing with the Shippers.I'm going to have my TV turned up real high next week because I do not want to Miss Sam mentioning the Jack character.I guess TPTB have no choice since both characters will be in the same room.

In MHO the whole show right now is a waste!

And if there is a Season 11, and if next week doesn't please the Shippers (ie: some Ship in Real Time), there won't be much of anyone watching anymore!!!!
          Ship Nana

Comment

Good night ship family...

Thank you everyone who has posted links to fan fictions, vids and spoilers...

Congratulations to those who have reached milestones...
            Welcome to all the newbies...this ship is the best...

and the family are fantastic!!!

"Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
            Hug Your Loved Ones!!
            ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

about the scifi promo someone just posted:
              Spoiler:
              OMG! Why are Janet and Hammond on there too? JANET! I miss her. *snif* I really hope we do get to see her again, if just for this episode. If they go all crazy anyway, then why not bring her back too huh?

Anyway a bit more OT, those in the netherlands (or sharing timezone) is anyone interested by any chance in watching it together? (and I'm sorry for the way I phrased it earlier, I -really- hadn't meant sharing any files or something, and I realized to late (after a reminder) that it could've been interpreted that way. Again my apologies for that.)
              Last edited by Diantha; 12 August 2006, 07:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ses110
                It looks like
                Spoiler:
                Mitchell is the leader of SG-1 after the talk with Landry.Maybe Landry was brainwashed like Barrett.The SGC is better off with Kinsey being in charge.

We should start a "Bring BAck Kinsey" campaign.

I sooo loved to HATE him. But you see, at least I felt something.

Last night all I felt was
                Spoiler:
                sympathy for the creatures and of feeling of being let down!
                Ship Nana

Comment

Originally posted by L.A. Doyle
                  Spoiler:
                  Grasping at straws here...but when they were playing poker, Vala mentioned a queen...then king and said 'a possible royal marriage?' and Sam looked to Teal'c. Ok, that may REALLY be grasping, but maybe it's forshadowing the next ep. Is it a coincidence that she looked to the only other original team member there...the one that might know something we don't? I'll need to watch that part again...or y'all take a look and tell me if I'm nuts! It's my job to look for ship, and that's the best I could do.

Oh I didn't put that together but I think that was definitely foreshadowing!!

Good catch!!
                  Ship Nana

Comment

Originally posted by Ship Nana
                    I agree with you. I used to drop all plans for Stargate Fridays. All our friends knew that I either would not go out or had to be back in time for the show. I had my drink of choice in my hand and all my Shipper Cookies lined up on the table. I had a "DO NOT DISTURB under penalty of Penguin attack" posted and I had the TV all to myself.

Now Friday is just Friday. I tape the episode and then decide later if I want to watch it or not and not even necessarily the whole thing.

The excitement is gone!

The wonderful stories and scripts with characters who made you LAUGH or CRY or just plain FEEL SOMETHING are GONE!!! And Oh yes, I'm feeling BLUE!

If I were the writers I would be EMBARRASSED to turn out such dribble!!! Especially when you've shown yourself to be capable of soooooo much more!!!
                    Agreed. Last season I started watching Close to Home and Numbers on Friday nights instead and just taped the later showings of SG to watch another day. Often when I went back to watch my tapes, I just kind of half-watched them. I used to be GLUED to the TV when SG was on! Sigh. Those were the days indeed.

sigpic
                    s u g a r s h a k e r

Comment

Originally posted by Gate gal
                      Hello to all the brave family members who are staying spoiler free!!!! I am so proud of you!!! I do not have that kind of will power!!!!

Now, please do not read the rest of my post. This is my attempt at a summary. Major spoilers ahead!!!!
                      Spoiler:
                      Tonight's episode was pretty good, in my opinion. We, of course, got a Jack mention since half of the story took place at his cabin. General Landry and Cameron were at the cabin waiting for the rest of the team (minus Daniel who was in England), so they could have some manditory R & R. (Landry's orders! Go figure, Jack could have just ordered the team to his cabin years ago!) Teal'c was assiting another SG team off world. Sam was in charge of the base until Reynolds could come back (I SQUEED over Sam in charge. Yeahhhh!) Vala had to wait for a ride with Sam and Teal'c. There was an incident off world involving some type of mutant monster (no kidding), and Teal'c, Reynold, Vala, and Sam (did I mention she was in charge?) had to decide how to handle it. They decided it might be Ori related, and Sam was going to send several teams to investigate. Vala wanted to go and threatened to spend some quality time with Sam if she wasn't allowed to go with the others. (Very funny exchange between the two!) There was a shippy moment on the planet between Vala and Teal'c (go figure, but it was cute) when Teal'c threw a grenade at the monster (effectively killing it) and covered Vala with his own body. (At least the Vala/Teal'c shippers got some ship tonight.) An autopsy revealed a radioactive worm/parasite type creature that had mutated and formed the monster. There is another great Vala/Sam scene in Landry's office where Vala teases Sam for not sitting in the general's chair. It is so clear that Sam is in charge of the base (I loved it)!!
                      Another world also had one of the monsters, and Sam figured out that it was not the work of the Ori at all. Instead, it was probably the SGC's fault. The parasites came from the cloaking devises that the SGC had just begun using. The cloaks emitted a small amount of radiaition, so the SGC adapted them to stop the emition, which caused the little parasites to phase into the environment and find hosts (thus the mutated monsters).
                      Meanwhile, back at Jack's cabin, Landry and Mitchell had a discussion about the leadership of SG1 (see post at the top of page),and they got stranded at the cabin (bridge is out). Soon they discover a mutated monster has killed a couple of hunters and Landry and Mitchell must try to capture it. (I know, how did the monster get to Jack's cabin? Well, the Trust stole a cloaking devise and were spying on Landry and Mitchell.) The team joined them at the cabin, and they kill, not one, but two monsters. Finally together, they play poker. Teal'c teases Sam about not being much of a gambler (cute scene), so she bets it all on one hand. Everyone else folds, and Sam confesses she was bluffing. This is my telling, shippy moment of the night. Sam bluffed them all. They didn't think she had it in her to bluff. What else is she hiding from them? Maybe her romance with a certain major general! I liked the episode. It could have been better if we had gotten some good shippy references, but it was still good. I'd watch it again. No one really annoyed me, but I don't think Landry will ever command as much respect as Hammond or Jack.

On retrospect
                      Spoiler:
                      I think that the whole gambling scene was riddled with possible ship references. Sam is not much of a gambler could reference her lack gambling with her heart and of course the reference to the royal marriage was a wink to us from the writers.

I did like seeing "in charge, secure in herself, not wimpy, come up with the answers, Sam again. She's been missing way toooooo long.

But I still stand by my first opinion of the episode posted earlier!!!
                      Ship Nana

Comment

Originally posted by Diantha
                        about the scifi promo someone just posted:
                        Spoiler:
                        OMG! Why are Janet and Hammond on there too? JANET! I miss her. *snif* I really hope we do get to see her again, if just for this episode. If they go all crazy anyway, then why not bring her back too huh?

Anyway a bit more OT, those in the netherlands (or sharing timezone) and can't watch Stargate 200 yet, maybe we can set something up by webcam or whatever? Just a suggestion...? If you really can't wait and all, there's probably a couple of things I can arrange for those interrested.
                        I've PM'ed you - please check your box.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by L.A. Doyle
                          Spoiler:
                          Grasping at straws here...but when they were playing poker, Vala mentioned a queen...then king and said 'a possible royal marriage?' and Sam looked to Teal'c. Ok, that may REALLY be grasping, but maybe it's forshadowing the next ep. Is it a coincidence that she looked to the only other original team member there...the one that might know something we don't? I'll need to watch that part again...or y'all take a look and tell me if I'm nuts! It's my job to look for ship, and that's the best I could do.
                          I saw that too! I thought it was just me being crazy, though!

6 more days!
                          my lovely avatar is courtesy of Lies, SamJackShipLover

Comment

Originally posted by Ship Nana

The excitement is gone!

I feel your pain!
                            sigpic

Comment

about 200. only 1 word PARODY

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by trupi
                                Guys go here: http://www.scifi.com/stargate/

Jack is back front and center!

Well it's about FREAKIN time!!!
                                Ship Nana

Comment