This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by L.A. Doyle
    Wish I could! But I don't have the right equipment for that.

Wait! I found it online! Hold on....

OK....

Spoiler:
    Go here, click on see a sneak peak, then click on the second vid. It goes by fast, but you can pause!
    Thank you for that and the caps
    Spoiler:
    Does anyone else think the Asgard freaky as a 'priester'?

Comment

Originally posted by nickatell
      Uninvited
      Spoiler:
      What I thought was funny was the reason Sam couldn't go to the cabin was because she was waiting for Reynolds to come back, yet later in the episode, Landry, Cam, Reynolds and Sam are all at the cabin, who is running the SGC....oh I guess Walter.
      Maybe it was

Spoiler:
      Jack

Originally posted by nickatell
      Spoiler:

<snip> I am so afraid to have any expectations for 200 concerning Jack and Sam. I so love the pictures that are coming out and the idea that we could have a good resolution between them (come on just seeing Jack on screen....oh wow... and then the scenes with him and Sam....oh wow...) but then I remember that this will all be written by TPTB who have gone out of their way to give us nothing on the whereabouts of Jack and haven't had Sam even miss him in any way since his departure. <snipped for space> Think about this, we as shippers are waiting for our positive results between Jack and Sam in an episode that we know will be spoofs of everything that has been thrown at TPTB, hoping for our crumb of resolution, of romance, of seeing Jack and Sam, does that seem strange to anyone but me? This wait for 200 honestly would normally be so exciting for me, but now I almost wait in fear....and hope, the food that keeps shippers alive.
      I know how you feel.

Spoiler:

Quite honestly I'm scared to have any expectations of anything because I know how much I've been disappointed in the past. The pictures and the promos are great and I'm not denying that I feel a little gleeful just seeing them in a wedding scene but I'd like a proper resolution and I just don't think we'll get that. I also find it strange that we're hanging all our hopes on an episode that is spoofing fan suggestions...

Originally posted by sugarshaker
      I know how you feel. ((((((nickatel)))))) <snipped for space> Now I just hope they don't do anything to mess up my belief that S&J got together after Threads and are now in a committed romantic relationship.
      Me too.
      sigpic
      Women of the Gate LJ Community.
      My Stargate Fanfiction. My LiveJournal.

Comment

Originally posted by Lizlove
        Here I got 3 links for the lists how they are at the moment
        Vol 1, vol. 2 & vol. 3.
        Thank you, Lizlove. I guess I should have thought of doing that!
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rachel500
          Thank you, Lizlove. I guess I should have thought of doing that!
          What? Nooooooooo! You're already putting them together and we're all extremely grateful for that.

I like your idea of
          Spoiler:
          Jack leading the SGC again. Even a little while.

Comment

Originally posted by Triskele925
            Hey! I'm a relatively new poster here on gateworld, but a HUGE Sam/Jack ship fan...I wanted to ask, does anyone here know where I can find the Sam/Jack theme music? It's so sweet, and i've looked for it for a while without success. Anyone know?
            Welcome! And I'm afraid I don't know about the music...or the Shippy Piano Music of Love as its otherwise known...I think its music created specifically for the show and not generally available - I could be wrong though - its been known to happen

If you have the right digital equipment, you might be able to isolate it on an epi and record it as a sound file though.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by trupi
              Guys go here: http://www.scifi.com/stargate/

Jack is back front and center!
              oooh that is soooo great but can someone sava that??? Cause I love it but can save it on my computer

Comment

Originally posted by Triskele925
                Hey! I'm a relatively new poster here on gateworld, but a HUGE Sam/Jack ship fan...I wanted to ask, does anyone here know where I can find the Sam/Jack theme music? It's so sweet, and i've looked for it for a while without success. Anyone know?
                WELCOME
                as for the music I have no idea but can't you rip it from the dvd's??? Just a thought...

Comment

Welcome! And I'm afraid I don't know about the music...or the Shippy Piano Music of Love as its otherwise known...I think its music created specifically for the show and not generally available - I could be wrong though - its been known to happen

If you have the right digital equipment, you might be able to isolate it on an epi and record it as a sound file though.
                  I always wondered if the song was on one of the CD's from Joel Goldsmith. If he did the song of course.

Comment

Welcome Triskele925! and any other new shippers I've missed...

I'm waiting anxiously for August 18th.

I wish I were more computer literate so that I could make those digital music files for those shippy bits of 'theme' music. That would be nice.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RepliCartertje
                      oooh that is soooo great but can someone sava that??? Cause I love it but can save it on my computer
                      Here you go
                      Spoiler:

Edit: was it the image or video in fact?

Comment

Originally posted by RepliCartertje

If you PM your email address, I'll send it to you via email - I have no idea how to attach the file in a PM...
                        sigpic

Comment

I'd already put it as my desktop for the week...squeeeeeeee!
                          sigpic

Comment

If you PM your email address, I'll send it to you via email - I have no idea how to attach the file in a PM...
                            It is in my profile...so you just can send it to that one but I noticed that Lizlove already put the pic on...now I only want the clip...if someone can send it to me I would be greatfull!
                            I really should learn how to do it myself but I have no idea how...

Comment

Hi all! I would just like to weigh in on last night's episode, the Univited.
                              Spoiler:
                              Here's what I think about the episode - I think it was a reaction on the part of TPTB to the fans not liking the way Mitchell was written in season 9.

I think a lot of this episode was just setting up for "200" as well as the rest of the season and possibly beyond. The story line with the mutant creatures was actually the secondary story line. It gave Sam a chance to lead the SGC, and make sound, command decisions. (Which I REALLY liked BTW.) It also gave us a reason for Cam to be alone with Landry to discuss the fact that Mitchell isn't in charge anymore! YEA!

I agree with those who have posted their ideas that the whole poker scene was foreshadowing.

TBTB also cleared up the confusion with Barrett's remark to Sam last week when he said "This is about us isn't it?" by confirming that Barrett had been brainwashed.

All in all, I think the entire episode was a shift in the way SG1 is run. Cam is not in charge (it's a team effort as it should be) and Sam is given more leadership responsiblity as she should be as a Lieutenant Commander with 10 years of experience at the SGC.

If you look at the episode as not an action/adventure episode so much as a way for the writers to shift the roles of Sam and Cam to what they should have been last season, and to make Vala a more intersting and fun character then I believe the episode was successful. Those types of episodes aren't always the most entertaining but definately necessary if you are going to make big changes in the way the characters are written. And possibly (at least in my reality) let us know that Sam and Jack are married.

Ours is the only reality of consequence.

Comment

Originally posted by ljevans
                                Hi all! I would just like to weigh in on last night's episode, the Univited.
                                Spoiler:
                                Here's what I think about the episode - I think it was a reaction on the part of TPTB to the fans not liking the way Mitchell was written in season 9.

I think a lot of this episode was just setting up for "200" as well as the rest of the season and possibly beyond. The story line with the mutant creatures was actually the secondary story line. It gave Sam a chance to lead the SGC, and make sound, command decisions. (Which I REALLY liked BTW.) It also gave us a reason for Cam to be alone with Landry to discuss the fact that Mitchell isn't in charge anymore! YEA!

I agree with those who have posted their ideas that the whole poker scene was foreshadowing.

TBTB also cleared up the confusion with Barrett's remark to Sam last week when he said "This is about us isn't it?" by confirming that Barrett had been brainwashed.

All in all, I think the entire episode was a shift in the way SG1 is run. Cam is not in charge (it's a team effort as it should be) and Sam is given more leadership responsiblity as she should be as a Lieutenant Commander with 10 years of experience at the SGC.

If you look at the episode as not an action/adventure episode so much as a way for the writers to shift the roles of Sam and Cam to what they should have been last season, and to make Vala a more intersting and fun character then I believe the episode was successful. Those types of episodes aren't always the most entertaining but definately necessary if you are going to make big changes in the way the characters are written. And possibly (at least in my reality) let us know that Sam and Jack are married.
                                Thunks, ((((ljevans))))
                                Uninvited
                                Spoiler:
                                I was disappointed and did not even see an inkling of Sam and Jack foreshadowing. There were so many storyline and character problems for me to SEE much that is positive. But, I'm going to give it a little space and watch again before 200. Believe me, I want the show to survive and regain its past excellence!
                                ** nell skips away to read lj's stories for a boost of Ship**
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X