Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What it is hug day??? and I am not around...Not fair!!!
    ok I am not going to read everything today...So I am just going to read some post sorry if I miss something very important but maybe you can fill me in
    Jafacakes: have a nice holliday!!! and enjoy it and don't worry to much about Sam and Jack they will be togheter at the end!!! Cause it is meant to be....
    Lizlove: see ya tomorrow
    shippy family: a big hug and can someone make a list of all the fic that has been posted the last couple of days?? Cause I think I have missed some

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
      It's squee-worthy just as long as
      Spoiler:
      the fantasy comes from Jack. If it comes from Sam, I'm going to smash my tv in with a hammer.

why from jack and not from sam?

sally
      sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
        why from jack and not from sam?

sally
        Eum... because last time it was
        Spoiler:
        Sam who confronted the feelings/relationship issue? *shrugs*

RCtje: back at ya!!! you've been warned

And....

Happy Birthday Jafacakes!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by L.A. Doyle
          Spoiler:
          I get that feeling to. I really hope that's not the case, but they could have done MUCH more with Jack when he came back. Maybe they are afraid he'll steal the limelight and take it away from Mitchell. Maybe the fans will miss the old days(like they don't already). I don't know. But there is no good reason for not utilizing RDA on SG-1. One ep of Atlantis I could see....but three? And when he comes back, PLEASE tell us something about the ship. I've said it before, but TPTB shouldn't have made it canon if they never intended to follow through with it.
          A Meeting of TPTB (major snarkiness ensuing)

Spoiler:
          TPTB are sitting around a table talking about writing ep200. RCC: Well if we're going to have all these fun things about the Furlings and so forth, how about something really funny with that Sam and Jack stuff, ship, I think some of the fans call it.
          JM: Then we'd better get Rick back. Think he'd want to?
          RCC: Sure, I'll call him. And Rick's being back would sure help ratings.
          RCC: Hey, Rick, we have this great 200th episode that's going to be a major tribute to the fans, and you just gotta be in it. Can't have the 200th ep without Jack O'Neill, can we?
          RDA: Sounds good, it would be great to tie up those loose ends that need it, and as long as I'm up in Vancouver again, I'm available for a few more episodes, at least five.
          RCC: So I'll put you down for ep200, but I'll have to get back to you about the others.
          RCC: (back in the meeting.) He's coming but he wants to be in more episodes. What'll we do? We've got Mitchell and we can't have that contrast between two. Jack O'Neill would reduce the Mitchell character to.....well......(holds up thumb and forefinger one inch apart)
          BW: How about sending him to Coventry, I mean Atlantis. We can always stick him in among all those characters. We're already sending most of SG-1 down there for an ep or two.
          RCC: Yeah, that's it, down to Atlantis for a few, and maybe one more in SG-1, but we'll keep that one undercover for as long as we can. Don't we have a Mitchell-light episode the Jack character would fit into? Joe, find one. Meeting over.

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
            That's my point.
            Spoiler:
            If what I wrote happens and it's from Jack and Jack is thinking about marrying Sam, I'll feel the hope springing eternal. The brunt of ship was all from Sam from the last couple seasons. To have it be "real"...as in, not one-sided, this dream MUST come from Jack.

Otherwise, Sam will come off as almost delusional and pathetic. And I swear, if she "marries" someone else...heads will roll. Well if she imagines this thing with her and Jack, heads will roll then too.

So those are my two "PLEASE DON'T LET THIS BE WHAT THEY'RE PLANNING" scenarios.
            continuing spoilers for '200'

Spoiler:
            i see what you mean about the samship focus being more than jack's, but we *have* seen jack's pov on this too.

i'm not sure which one i want to have this dream/fantasy, but i'm not against either one being the dreamer.

sally

sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by chelle db
              Spoiler:
              Yeah...I wasn't there but to say it gets resolved and both sides are happy is a contradiction. Am I wrong?

Spoiler:
              what if -

the sam/jack wedding sequence makes the shippers happy NOW. but the shippers are also told that it's what sam and jack really want to happen sometime in the future. so, the shippers happy with what they've seen and what will happen in the future, but the antis will be happy that it's not real now and prob won't have to deal with it onscreen???

of course, i'm prob giving the writers waaaaaaaay too much credit for thinking things through....

sally

sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rachel500
                My thoughts on the TV Guide 200 picture...

Spoiler:

As nice as it is to see a picture of the two of them in wedding outfits - and I'm glad everyone is enjoying it - we've had this before (AU Sam and Jack) and for me the picture is a reality check.

I was secretly hoping (deep, deep down) that TPTB would do something surprising and give us a real wedding and for some reason, the closer we've got to 200, the more my little insane hope was growing...this picture brought me back down to Earth with a bump. It definitely looks as though the wedding is fake (Sam has long hair which is a bit of a give away) and 'not all
                is as it seems' quote adds to this certainty so I'm disappointed...yet unsurprised and annoyed with myself for being disappointed with something I knew would be the case.

I truly do hope that the ideas of 'maybe this is the wedding they really wanted to have' or 'someone will suggest it and then we'll find out they're already married' come true but I fear they will not.

I fear what we'll get is just the fake wedding (maybe with a nice kiss/hug) and the usual looks and smiles between Sam/Jack in between the movie scenarios. While some will be happy with this, for me, this isn't enough.

Been there, done that. Been doing it for 9 years.

I really want something that is concrete ship with our Sam/Jack. The TV Guide picture for me has just given me the cold bucket of water in the face I needed to remind me how unlikely I am to get this. My expectations are now pretty much zero.

Sorry to be so negative but to quote Daniel 'that's just how I feel.'

EDIT: I've just reread what I wrote and I think I'm in need of a hug...
                but WHY would they ever wanna give us anything real???....TPTB seem to get off yanking our chains...

waterfall's feeling snarky today............. but here's your hug

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((Rachel500)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

waterfall

Comment

Originally posted by Lizlove
                  Eum... because last time it was
                  Spoiler:
                  Sam who confronted the feelings/relationship issue? *shrugs*

RCtje: back at ya!!! you've been warned

And....

Happy Birthday Jafacakes!!!!!
                  What she said Jafacakes:
                  HAPPY BIRTHDAY

ooh ow... anyone an idea how to survive Lizlove?!? lol

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay
                    My thoughts on 200

Spoiler:
                    I think this will be Sam's part of the episode, and i think after the wedding, it'll fade back to Sam who'll be grinning away to herself while leaning on Jack's shoulder. Jack'll respond:

"So are you certain that's the colour scheme you want, and when will I make the appointment at the Salon?"

then who knows...maybe we'll get the real wedding at the end of the episode

As for the anti shippers...Maybe once the ship is resolved once and for all, it won't be a part of any more storylines, therefore the antis don't need to avoid any future episodes
                    Suekay, I like the way you think!!!

waterfall

Comment

Originally posted by RepliCartertje
                      What she said Jafacakes:
                      HAPPY BIRTHDAY

ooh ow... anyone an idea how to survive Lizlove?!? lol
                      How about some type of dream sequence where both Jack and Sam are meeting together in their dream. Like an old 1980's film called Dreamscape where a scientist could enter other people's dream's. At the end of the dream that Sam and Jack share they could both wake up and realize that they still want each other and run to each othe in reality. Just an idea.
                      There are Brave Pilots. There are old Pilots. But there are no brave, old Pilots.

Comment

Originally posted by Sasusc
                        As for the TV guide pic, squeeeeeeeeee! I am so going to be buying it! I'm in shipper heaven now. I haven't stopped smiling since then.

Oh, and on a side note, I completed a story. It's alot shorter then anything I ever written before. I usually write multi-chapter fics, but this turned out to be a one shot.
                        Don't Come Knockin'. It's on GW, and will be posted at ff.net soon.
                        Your fic was good, kinda funny!!

waterfall

Comment

A Big Happy Birthday
                          Jafacakes
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal

Spoiler:
                            what if -

the sam/jack wedding sequence makes the shippers happy NOW. but the shippers are also told that it's what sam and jack really want to happen sometime in the future. so, the shippers happy with what they've seen and what will happen in the future, but the antis will be happy that it's not real now and prob won't have to deal with it onscreen???

of course, i'm prob giving the writers waaaaaaaay too much credit for thinking things through....

sally

I'd like to think of it as the catalyst for things to come....

waterfall

Comment

I won't jump ship. Whatever...

Spoiler:
                              disappointment 200 brings for me, I'll get over it. Just like I got over Season 5...Season 6...Chimera/Pete...New Order/Pete...Affinity/Pete...no real resolution before RDA left.

I think the problem for me certainly is that having had...
                              Spoiler:
                              a ship-deprived S9

...despite all my warnings and admonishments to myself, I'm looking forward to seeing 200 just
                              Spoiler:
                              for the ship. And knowing its supposed to be a 'fun' episode and that's not being taken seriously is just making me cross as I know it's not going to be our S/J ship really apart from their off-movie moments.

I don't want the whole episode and I'd be happy with just a moment between the real S/J on where their relationship is at now (hopefully one that substantiates they are in a relationship) but I know I'm personally going to be disappointed if all I see is the fake ship and possibly not tastefully done either but OTT and played for laughs.

It will be interesting to see what the aftermath is a week on Saturday. I do fear...
                              Spoiler:
                              angry emails and penguins may be required

you know, as much as some fans (at/sam, rda/jack, s/j shipers, cj/teal'c, original team ,etc) complain about this or that... there is a ripple effect that i think the ptb don't realize. and i mean ptb from all kinds of shows...

i'm going to use two shows as an example. xena: warrior princess, and star trek: next generation.

with xena, i absolutely loved that show, right up till the end. they crusified that last ep, which left such a bitter taste in my mouth that i've not only never watched another ep, i didn't buy the dvds either.

with star trek next gen, i absolutely loved the troi/riker ship. the last movie gave me troi and riker *finally* getting married, which just came too late for me to squee about anymore. they should have brought troi and riker together in the last ep (at least), not YEARS later in a franchise that was dying (being murdered).

moral of the story? bad handling of storylines can have faaaaaaaar reaching consequences for a show. loss of dvd sales, and worst, loss of interest.

these ptb have such a shaky reputation with the fans as it is right now, that i think they really, REALLY need to get back to writing the show with respect, and writing for the fans that they're supposed to respect.

sally
                              sally

sigpic

Comment

My thoughts on the TV Guide 200 picture...

Spoiler:

As nice as it is to see a picture of the two of them in wedding outfits - and I'm glad everyone is enjoying it - we've had this before (AU Sam and Jack) and for me the picture is a reality check.

I was secretly hoping (deep, deep down) that TPTB would do something surprising and give us a real wedding and for some reason, the closer we've got to 200, the more my little insane hope was growing...this picture brought me back down to Earth with a bump. It definitely looks as though the wedding is fake (Sam has long hair which is a bit of a give away) and 'not all
                                is as it seems' quote adds to this certainty so I'm disappointed...yet unsurprised and annoyed with myself for being disappointed with something I knew would be the case.

I truly do hope that the ideas of 'maybe this is the wedding they really wanted to have' or 'someone will suggest it and then we'll find out they're already married' come true but I fear they will not.

I fear what we'll get is just the fake wedding (maybe with a nice kiss/hug) and the usual looks and smiles between Sam/Jack in between the movie scenarios. While some will be happy with this, for me, this isn't enough.

Been there, done that. Been doing it for 9 years.

I really want something that is concrete ship with our Sam/Jack. The TV Guide picture for me has just given me the cold bucket of water in the face I needed to remind me how unlikely I am to get this. My expectations are now pretty much zero.

Sorry to be so negative but to quote Daniel 'that's just how I feel.'

EDIT: I've just reread what I wrote and I think I'm in need of a hug...
                                I've not read any of the spoilers for 200, so I haven't a clue what you're talking about, but if you're in need of a hug I can help

(((((((Rachel))))))
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X