• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh I didn't even notice

Happy 1st GW Anniversary Cags
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
      I can see her point though; this is the Sam Jack Ship Appreciation thread so you'd expect to find some Sam/Jack discussion that everyone can join in here. Hard to start one when everyone is busy talking about other things. I understand why people don't want to use the SGU threads for stuff that's been said here - it's lovely and safe here - but... almost every single post on here in the last day has been mostly or all spoilered because it's SGU. To complicate matters some of that has been spoilered with no indication of what's behind the spoiler (whether it's SGU OT, real life OT or some kind of other OT or just spoilered for length etc.) so it's hard to work out if you should or should not click for a lot of that. I don't mind the SGU discussion and I expected this and, actually, I am hugely relieved people have remembered to spoiler it all since I was dreading coming on and finding stuff not... not that I'm spoiler free but I am other-persons-opinion free (well, apart form yours and Pol's because I couldn't resist! ) and I'd like to remain that way until I've seen it.
      I would imagine that intense discussions about SGU will continue for some time as the UK don't see it until Tuesday and we'll still need to spoiler it ongoing for off topicness. If you're watching it, great! You'll probably click and join in discussions (I know I will), but if you've opted not to watch or are in a country is hasn't and won't air for some time (if at all) then... well, I'm just saying I sympathise with what Linda said. It's just a bit domineering at the moment. I know it will die down eventually. Maybe we need some Angst, Thunk, Fluff or Gutter to balance things out. Perhaps we can make it a guideline that if you talk about SGU (behind spoilers of course) you must try and post something shippy in the same post too... hmm, a caption or a picture of a fic link or a video or just general squeeness or something? Hmm, would that work? What do people think of that idea?
      Originally posted by VSS View Post
      The spoilered stuff might be SGU, but it pertains to Sam and Jack, which means it isn't OT at all. So, I don't know where else it should go unless someone wants to resurrect the Sam/Jack Discussion thread. That would be my vote. I think this is likely to happen again only worse next week. And pretty much every time Jack or Sam shows up!

Elizabeth Weir hugged him (not that he needed it- she did) and yeah, he was like "Oookaaaay..." Quite humorous. As you said- not the huggy type.
      Even if he did need a hug, I don't think anyone would even try. It might be hazardous.
      Personally, I don't think that there's anything that can or should be done about this bit, Cags. Like VSS said, what has been said pertains to Sam and Jack, and there is no other place to talk about them (except the discussion thread that's been a bit abandoned). I do not think our SG-1 Shipping discussions would be very much appreciated on the SGU threads, so this is the best place for them.

Plus, not wanting to talk about one era of Stargate like SGU is, I think, a bit like never wanting to discuss the Sam/Pete relationship, since it doesn't pertain *directly* to our favorite couple. We tend to analyze everybit of SG history with Sam and Jack, and I don't think that should change.

So I guess, if you don't want to read, don't click. We can all have discussions together once SGU's premiered everywhere, but if people want to discuss immediately after it shows in their country, in the excitement of the moment, I don't think there's anything wrong with that. Just MHO.

Happy Anniversary, by the way!
      sigpic
      The Return of King Arthur
      Trust in the Lord with all your heart; lean not on your own understanding. In all of ways
      acknowledge him, and he'll make your path straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

Comment

The spoilered stuff might be SGU, but it pertains to Sam and Jack, which means it isn't OT at all. So, I don't know where else it should go unless someone wants to resurrect the Sam/Jack Discussion thread. That would be my vote. I think this is likely to happen again only worse next week. And pretty much every time Jack or Sam shows up!
        Well to be fair the Discussion thread is still technically active; it's just that nobody really seems to use it.
        You're right though; it will happen over and over. Much to be expected at the pilot though really. Just frustrating for those not watching it (and even more so since GW is being so slow this evening and it took 10 minutes to load up one page that had nothing on it I could read since it was all spoilered. )
        I actually prefer the discussions in here since I like discussion (and fully intend to go back and read all spoilered stuff after viewing - time permitting). I just think the ship chi is out of balance and some picspam or something would help.

That's a hint, btw way. Since I am picspamless. Although I may have to find some just to post. I shall pop back and stare at that Grace gif some though.

Thanks for the aniversary wishes. I only realised when I checked my profile to find a post from a while back. Ho hum!

*takes bite of Jann's virtual cake. Yum yum!*
        sigpic

Comment

Picspam you say???

Did you just...

Nope

Really? 'Cause I could swear I just felt...

Carter, I promised! I mean, after the last time...
          Pol My Blog | My Fanfic | My FaceBook__ Sam: "Jack...please."

Comment

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
            *thinks* Yes, I think so. Fire & Water, Heroes, Death Knell, Into The Fire, Threads... yes, yes, I think they all have. I guess you could say she initiated snuggling in Solitudes but seeing as that was to keep them both alive it hardly counts.
            Personally I can't see Sam initiating a hug with Jack ever (well, pre togetherness anyway) because he's not the kind of guy who openly demonstrates his need for hugs. The notable exception to that is Into The Fire when he hugged Sam as much out of his own relief as to reassure her. Thinking about it, I think there's an element of his need for the hug in all those circumstances listed above but I just think he's really good at hiding that.
            Anyway, Jack's done plenty of hugging of others (He's hugged Daniel and Teal'c too) but nobody has ever initiated hugging him. He never comes across as needing one.
            Cags, I was going to say something but Linda beat me to it so...
            Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
            I can't see her initiating a hug either, after all he is her commanding officer so I don't think she'd go there. But I can so see it happening after they get together

what she said

and congrats on your GW anniversary!!
            sigpicMy Fanfic

Comment

Is it just me or is GW crashing tonight

So all this talking about hugs has put me in the mood for some huggie pics

sigpic

Comment

Re hugs: You know what strikes me the most...the S/J hugs aren't friendship hugs, they're not "guy" hugs if you know what I mean. Most of them aren't "You're my friend I'm glad you're safe" hugs (though of course that's in there as well) but they go so far beyond that. It's as if they're saying "I love you even though I shouldn't and I need to feel you in my arms to make sure you're alright" hugs There's so much depth to them. AT/RDA play the hugs so awesome as well. But take for instance F and W hug, there's the whole hair thing that Jack does, and Heroes Sam lets that tear slip and then she closes her eyes and takes a deep breath. Everytime I see them I get all warm and fuzzy because they're just not your average hugs. Which would be why I love Pol's 'Embrace Me' series so much *pokes Pol*

On another note that cliche story I was talking about yesterday...yeah I'm gonna write it or at least try to. I might never post it because it might not get finished but Pol's going to Beta it It's stuck in my head and I just can't get it out of my head unless I write it

Last edited by Regularamanda; 03 October 2009, 02:48 PM.

My Fanfiction My Sam/Jack vids (yahoo) My LJ
                Thanks everyone for my b-day icons and sigs!
                Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Ok i'm off to bed now. I'm fed-up with the slowness of GW tonight
                  sigpic

Comment

Announcing...
                    EPISODE OF THE WEEK
                    Emancipation

sigpic
                    Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Found the secret why some of us heard Colonel O'Neill and others heard Colonel Young. They were recorded on different tracks. If you watch the episode on Hulu and use earphones, when you get to the scene (31:11) leave in the right earphone only and you will hear O'Neill and then run it again and leave the left earphone and you will hear Young. My daughter's boy friend who is a recording engine figured out the mystery. He said they probably recorded O'Neill first, realized it was wrong and rerecorded Young. However, if you older sound system you will still hear the O'neill where those who have HD system hear Young. So both groups were correct. Try it, it's really weird!
                      sigpic

Comment

The spoilered stuff might be SGU, but it pertains to Sam and Jack, which means it isn't OT at all.
                        Agreed.

I think this is likely to happen again only worse next week. And pretty much every time Jack or Sam shows up!
                        Oh, it will absolutely get worse next week when part 3 airs . . .

Elizabeth Weir hugged him (not that he needed it- she did) and yeah, he was like "Oookaaaay..." Quite humorous. As you said- not the huggy type.
                        Even if he did need a hug, I don't think anyone would even try. It might be hazardous.
                        And didn't Jack, after Weir hugs him, mention bringing Carter next time?

Movie speculation that pertains to SGU . . .

Spoiler:
                        When Sam and Jack are talking via his office on the plasma screens, Sam asks Jack where they went (meaning Rush and his team). Jack said 'they didn't come through here'. . . which to me means that the GATE is there with him, in Washington at the Pentagon . . . which would make sense since Walter is there, too . . .
                        Last edited by leiasky; 03 October 2009, 02:57 PM.
                        sigpic
                        Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

Ohh, Pol. . . mmm, pic spam!

Trupi, that's wild about how the audio was recorded!

Re- hugs . . . yeah, Jack is a full body hugger. He totally envelops Sam in his arms when he hugs her. He didn't do that with Weir when she hugged him . . .
                          sigpic
                          Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

Originally posted by leiasky View Post
                            Agreed.

Oh, it will absolutely get worse next week when part 3 airs . . .

And didn't Jack, after Weir hugs him, mention bringing Carter next time?

Movie speculation that pertains to SGU . . .

Spoiler:
                            When Sam and Jack are talking via his office on the plasma screens, Sam asks Jack where they went (meaning Rush and his team). Jack said 'they didn't come through here'. . . which to me means that the GATE is there with him, in Washington at the Pentagon . . . which would make sense since Walter is there, too . . .
                            Jack says "Next time bring Carter" and then tells her Welcome home and then she hugs him

RE to your speculation
                            Spoiler:
                            Hmm...I never really thought about that before. It seems plausible though.

You know though VSS's theory about Sam and The Hammond going missing seems very likely for the third movie. And I have this nagging feeling (good feeling though! ) that maybe Jack gets promoted in there as well.

My Fanfiction My Sam/Jack vids (yahoo) My LJ
                            Thanks everyone for my b-day icons and sigs!
                            Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Trupi and anyone else who could answer:
                              Spoiler:
                              That's extremely interesting, but why would the audio be like that? Was it intentionally done and if so, what purpose does it serve? Or was it a flub by the actress that was covered up with another take or something?
                              sigpic
                              The Return of King Arthur
                              Trust in the Lord with all your heart; lean not on your own understanding. In all of ways
                              acknowledge him, and he'll make your path straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

Comment

Ok...just have to post this

Watched SGU premier with my dad and bro today(seperately)...and they both made the same comment about the looks of Dr. Rush
                                (so kinda OT SGU spoiler thingie)
                                Spoiler:
                                Since they didn't knew his name and couldn't refer to him...they both came up with the idea to call him "longhair teckel" everytime they asked me a question...
                                ...and bro now says he looks like a rodent(sp?) too...

Poor Rush

And dad found Col. Young in the end just like Silvester Stallone(sp?)...dunno why though

other sort of SGU spoiler(seperately since that previous one isn't really big spoilery and this one is)
                                Spoiler:

My bro made the very smart comment about the "communications stones". He asked me why they just didn't use those to get, for example, Sam, Daniel and Mckay (he called him lemon but that's besides the point) to "fix" the ship. They are the three people that know the most of Ancients and their technology and the history....they could have probably fixed it better than Rush...IMHO
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X