X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jumble View Post
    You go here, download it and chuck it into your C/Windows/Fonts folder

You can use it in any programme that uses fonts - Word, Wordpad, Photoshop, Gimp etc.
    Thanks muchlies!

Originally posted by Treknik View Post
    SGU -
    Spoiler:
    I heard "Colonel Young" too, since he is her commanding officer. I also am getting a vibe between TJ and Young. Something is telling me there is more there than they are letting on. The trailer for next weeks episode shows TJ kissing someone and the profile looks like Young to me.

I don't know if this should be in spoilers but I thought better to be safe -
    Spoiler:
    Yes, I'm 99.99% certain the Tamara's kissing Colonel Young (His hairstyle and profile are identical) I was also getting that shippy vibe between them, and although I could see them together (just because they remind me of Sam and Jack), I don't like where that ship could already be heading to. Not only is he her commanding officer, he's also MARRIED, for cryin' out loud!

Edit: Does it bother anyone else that Young calls Tamara by her first name? Come on! He's a Colonel, she's a Lieutenant! That's like . . . a lot of ranks away!
    sigpic
    The Return of King Arthur
    Trust in the Lord with all your heart; lean not on your own understanding. In all of ways
    acknowledge him, and he'll make your path straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

Comment

Originally posted by leiasky View Post

Movie speculation that pertains to SGU . . .

Spoiler:
      When Sam and Jack are talking via his office on the plasma screens, Sam asks Jack where they went (meaning Rush and his team). Jack said 'they didn't come through here'. . . which to me means that the GATE is there with him, in Washington at the Pentagon . . . which would make sense since Walter is there, too . . .
      Question to your speculation -
      Spoiler:
      I agree with you, but which gate are they talking about? I assumed the Pentagon was using the Atlantis gate and the Icarus Base was using the Earth gate.

To make this about Jack and Sam - I have finished the Season 8 episode Citizen Joe (getting closer to Threads) and had a question about what Joe mentioned after he was at the SGC. He told Jack that "he wouldn't say anything about his feelings for. . ." and then Sam walks in and Jack puts a finger up to his mouth to quiet Joe. It has been bothering me because even though I haven't seen Threads or Kerry, I am aware of her (spoiler junky), so I was wondering is Joe talking about Kerry or about Sam. To me, it's his feelings for Sam. I know Jack has a meeting with Miss Johnson on Monday, so I assumed he hasn't met her yet. What do you think? Or maybe I have already answered my own question.
      sigpic
      I used to trek amongst the stars, now I gate to them

Comment

SGU but Sam and Jack related -
        Originally posted by SamJackShipper93 View Post
        Spoiler:
        Yes, I'm 99.99% certain the Tamara's kissing Colonel Young (His hairstyle and profile are identical) I was also getting that shippy vibe between them, and although I could see them together (just because they remind me of Sam and Jack), I don't like where that ship could already be heading to. Not only is he her commanding officer, he's also MARRIED, for cryin' out loud!

Edit: Does it bother anyone else that Young calls Tamara by her first name? Come on! He's a Colonel, she's a Lieutenant! That's like . . . a lot of ranks away!
        I agree with you on all of it.
        Spoiler:
        I was watching SGU with my husband (which he absolutely hates because he says it is exactly like BSG and that it is only Stargate because they put the name in the title) and he thought that I was just seeing what I wanted to see and then he agreed with me when he saw TJ kissing a man whose profile looks like Young. I am in no way shipping these too, for exactly what you said in the bolded part, and because it seems that TPTB are throwing ship down our throats (thinking that is what we wanted) when in reality, we want Jack and Sam confirmation. Not more endless ships that can't compare to the relationship that Sam and Jack have.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Devilish Me View Post
          Finally watched SGU!!!

Spoiler:
          It has a definite Battlestar Galactica feel to it... and some of Voyager. I'm not too thriled but we'll see.

IT WAS SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO NICE TO SEE SAM AND JACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I didn't hear Colonel O'Neill at all.
          I'm looking forward to Tuesday. That is when SGU is previewing here.

Originally posted by Pol View Post
          *Pol looks around in confusion, almost two hours after her last post.*

Wow. My first picspam story and I seem to have killed the thread!

*sneaks off to consider doing some writing*
          Loved the Picspam, been at work sorry.

Can someone please clarify...is there a hug in SGU or not. I am very confused
          sigpic
          I Believe
          My FanFiction

Comment

Question to your speculation -
            Spoiler:
            I agree with you, but which gate are they talking about? I assumed the Pentagon was using the Atlantis gate and the Icarus Base was using the Earth gate.

To make this about Jack and Sam - I have finished the Season 8 episode Citizen Joe (getting closer to Threads) and had a question about what Joe mentioned after he was at the SGC. He told Jack that "he wouldn't say anything about his feelings for. . ." and then Sam walks in and Jack puts a finger up to his mouth to quiet Joe. It has been bothering me because even though I haven't seen Threads or Kerry, I am aware of her (spoiler junky), so I was wondering is Joe talking about Kerry or about Sam. To me, it's his feelings for Sam. I know Jack has a meeting with Miss Johnson on Monday, so I assumed he hasn't met her yet. What do you think? Or maybe I have already answered my own question.
            About Sam because Jack says he has a meeting with Kerry in the very beginning (like in a few days) but then Joe breaks into his house...he hadn't had a chance to meet Kerry at that time. Not to mention Joe says the thing about "And about this Pete Shannahan thing"

TJ/Young spoilers and OT
            Spoiler:
            I've read that they had an affair.

Edit-And he says "Kerry someone or other" So he has no idea who she is. There's no way it means Kerry.

Last edited by Regularamanda; 04 October 2009, 02:21 PM.

My Fanfiction My Sam/Jack vids (yahoo) My LJ
            Thanks everyone for my b-day icons and sigs!
            Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by starlover View Post
              Ok...just have to post this

Watched SGU premier with my dad and bro today(seperately)...and they both made the same comment about the looks of Dr. Rush
              (so kinda OT SGU spoiler thingie)
              Spoiler:
              Since they didn't knew his name and couldn't refer to him...they both came up with the idea to call him "longhair teckel" everytime they asked me a question...
              ...and bro now says he looks like a rodent(sp?) too...

Poor Rush

And dad found Col. Young in the end just like Silvester Stallone(sp?)...dunno why though
              I thought the same thing as your dad and brother.

other sort of SGU spoiler(seperately since that previous one isn't really big spoilery and this one is)
              Spoiler:

My bro made the very smart comment about the "communications stones". He asked me why they just didn't use those to get, for example, Sam, Daniel and Mckay (he called him lemon but that's besides the point) to "fix" the ship. They are the three people that know the most of Ancients and their technology and the history....they could have probably fixed it better than Rush...IMHO
              Spoiler:
              It is only the first episode, so we might get further explanation on what Dr. Rush did say when using the communication stones. We don't even know what was said, except what Dr. Rush told us and I don't know if I really believe him. Would Jack really put Dr. Rush in charge?

I have found that I talk a lot when I am sick. Maybe it is because I can lay in bed and play on the computer without anyone bothering me.
              sigpic

Comment

SGU but Sam and Jack related -

I agree with you on all of it.
                Spoiler:
                I was watching SGU with my husband (which he absolutely hates because he says it is exactly like BSG and that it is only Stargate because they put the name in the title) and he thought that I was just seeing what I wanted to see and then he agreed with me when he saw TJ kissing a man whose profile looks like Young. I am in no way shipping these too, for exactly what you said in the bolded part, and because it seems that TPTB are throwing ship down our throats (thinking that is what we wanted) when in reality, we want Jack and Sam confirmation. Not more endless ships that can't compare to the relationship that Sam and Jack have.
                SGU - Sam/Jack Related
                Spoiler:
                In a way, I also don't like it because (although I'd never support Sam and Jack breaking the frat regs while the chain of command was an issue) Tamara/Young (if anything comes from it) seems like a kick in the teeth to Sam and Jack shippers.

It's like we've waited 14 years for Sam and Jack to get together, and here TPTB decide to take an older, almost ready to retire Colonel with a long military history and some marriage problems (obviously Jack/Sara had already divorced), mix in a young, smart, up-and-coming, blond officer, and then let's see what happens when they actually *do* get together.
                sigpic
                Trust in the Lord with all your heart; lean not on your own understanding. In all of ways

Comment

SGU - Sam/Jack Related
                  Spoiler:
                  In a way, I also don't like it because (although I'd never support Sam and Jack breaking the frat regs while the chain of command was an issue) Tamara/Young (if anything comes from it) seems like a kick in the teeth to Sam and Jack shippers.

It's like we've waited 14 years for Sam and Jack to get together, and here TPTB decide to take an older, almost ready to retire Colonel with a long military history and some marriage problems (obviously Jack/Sara had already divorced), mix in a young, smart, up-and-coming, blond officer, and then let's see what happens when they actually *do* get together.
                  Spoiler:
                  Which is why it [TJ/Young] will never ever have as much heart and as much depth as this ship does.

Comment

Originally posted by Regularamanda View Post
                    TJ/Young spoilers and OT
                    Spoiler:
                    Spoiler:
                    Oh my! Do you remember where you read this? I've read a lot of articles and never saw this mentioned.
                    sigpic

Comment

About Sam because Jack says he has a meeting with Kerry in the very beginning (like in a few days) but then Joe breaks into his house...he hadn't had a chance to meet Kerry at that time. Not to mention Joe says the thing about "And about this Pete Shannahan thing"

TJ/Young spoilers and OT
                      Spoiler:

Edit-And he says "Kerry someone or other" So he has no idea who she is. There's no way it means Kerry.

Thanks, Amanda, I pretty much answered my own question while typing. So it makes Citizen Joe even better. Too bad Joe didn't just come out and say "Sam, I don't like you with Pete. You should be with Jack because you both love each other, I have seen it".

About the spoiler part -
                      Spoiler:
                      That is just awful that they have an affair. Is the USAF consulting SGU, because it sure doesn't look like it to me. Also, I don't know how Scott and TJ became SGC employees because they definitely do not seem the type to be able to handle anything that the Stargate can throw at them. TJ cries all the time and Scott is too emotional.
                      sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:
                        Oh my! Do you remember where you read this? I've read a lot of articles and never saw this mentioned.
                        SGU
                        Spoiler:
                        I know it was talked about in here...or the link was posted somewhere in here...I can't remember though

Watched 'Scorched Earth' today as well as 'Corai' and you know I never realized how much depth this show has to it. In both the scenes, the one where Jack orders Sam to make the bomb and in the scene from the other episode where he's talking to Teal'c about chain of command and doing distasteful things, they pull that off so so well There's so much feeling in those two scenes. Not to mention the look on Jack's face when he orders Sam...it's so heartbreaking...

Edit- SGU rating-
                        Spoiler:
                        Saw the ratings for SGU...it only got a 1.7...for SGA S1 that was the lowest rating...I have a feeling it might not last long. Yes I know ratings aren't what they used to be but still

Comment

I've always been sure Joe was referring to Sam.

Originally posted by Mis.Understood View Post
                          Can someone please clarify...is there a hug in SGU or not. I am very confused
                          RE: your Q
                          Spoiler:
                          Between Sam and Jack? No. They're not even in the same part of the galaxy. Or even nearby galaxies.

The above question illustrates my point about not teasing about hugs...with all the SGU talk here it's easy to get things confused and get people's hopes up.

SGU - Sam/Jack Related
                          Spoiler:

Yeah.
                          Spoiler:
                          I got the 'affair' vibe too and wasn't to happy about it on multiple levels, all of which you seem to have addressed rather adroitly.
                          Pol My Blog | My Fanfic | My FaceBook__ Sam: "Jack...please."

Comment

Edit- SGU rating-
                            Spoiler:
                            Saw the ratings for SGU...it only got a 1.7...for SGA S1 that was the lowest rating...I have a feeling it might not last long. Yes I know ratings aren't what they used to be but still
                            GW OT
                            Spoiler:
                            That's kinda funny because it brought in the most viewers/posters GW's ever had.

On the front forum page it says:
                            Most users ever online was 1,958, October 2nd, 2009 at 11:00 PM.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pol View Post
                              I've always been sure Joe was referring to Sam.

RE: your Q
                              Spoiler:
                              Between Sam and Jack? No. They're not even in the same part of the galaxy. Or even nearby galaxies.

The above question illustrates my point about not teasing about hugs...with all the SGU talk here it's easy to get things confused and get people's hopes up.

Yeah.
                              Spoiler:
                              I got the 'affair' vibe too and wasn't to happy about it on multiple levels, all of which you seem to have addressed rather adroitly.
                              RE: bolded (SGU)
                              Spoiler:
                              Yeah...I swear I read it somewhere and can't find it *head desk* Anyway I really got that vibe when TJ was talking to the Asian lady (sorry can't remember her name)

Also when TJ is talking to Young and he apologizes for her not being able to go to that thing that she got with the scholorship she says "That part wasn't your fault" seemed like she was implying something else.

Really the only reason I might continue watching is for Eli ( I'm half in love with him already) he seems like the only "good" guy of the bunch.

Speaking of S/J marriage...anyone seen Melissa lately? Normally she's on every few days...seems like she's been gone a while...

Comment

SGU - Sam/Jack Related
                                Spoiler:

Spoiler:
                                I too would never support Jack and Sam breaking the regs. I love that they are honorable people. I love that they waited. I love the relationship that grew over the years as they waited. I love it!

But this SGU thing...there is ship everywhere...not to mention reg breaking. The big reason over the years that we never got SJ resolution was because it 'was against the regs' and they had AF advisors...well...advising! Now where are those advisors? Where is the caring about the regs?

Sorry, but I can't see myself shipping on SGU. So far there have been escapades in the supply closet and maybe an affair? I love ship, but not this kind. Sam and Jack, now that's a true love story!

Spoiler:
                                Which is why it [TJ/Young] will never ever have as much heart and as much depth as this ship does.

So true!

Comment

Working...
                                X