• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by starlover View Post
    .....condition?

stamina

but the heart is a muscle!
    I know, but that's a special one.
    I meant the muscles one uses to climb in and out of the gutter. And to... And I...

...And I'll stop now. Knowing my luck... Everytime I say something that (accidentally) implies gutter, or quote something that does, my posts get modded...

S/J.
    Fluff all the way.
    Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
    Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
      I know, but that's a special one.
      I meant the muscles one uses to climb in and out of the gutter. And to... And I...

...And I'll stop now. Knowing my luck... Everytime I say something that (accidentally) implies gutter, or quote something that does, my posts get modded...

S/J.
      Fluff all the way.
      You already did say something gutter...in and out of the gutter you know

Muscles need to ...move...in order to keep in ...shape

Gutter provides that for you.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn View Post
        Congratulations, leiasky, on 6,200 posts!!!

Congratulations, Regularamanda, on 4,000 posts!!!

Congratulations, Lady eliza, on 1,900 posts!!!

Congratulations, babancat, on 400 posts!!!

Welcome, GoneFishing!!!

Welcome back, nogigglingmajor!!!

Welcome back, Lady eliza!!!
        I did 400 posts and didn't notice

Thanks

Oh and congrats everyone else... who all talk way more than me

And 'cos I haven't said it yet 'Welcome GoneFishing' - love the name

Comment

Originally posted by Seahen
          Hey guys, was feeling in a Stargate mood tonight...

<snipped just for the mammoth multiquoting job I just did>

Ooo, how about Jack AND Sam stuck on Edora in 100 Days? Or has that one been mentioned already?

Of course, the character moment I'd really like to see is Jack's reaction when he finds out Jacob stole the Declaration of Independence or when he meets Hammond's daughter's FBI partner...
          I must admit a Hundred Days fic with them both stuck would be really interesting. That and the Paradise Lost one someone mentioned. I have those plot bunnies breeding in my head but, alas, I don't have time to write and do it justice.

Oh and I got those references too. Moi? Geek? Nah, dunno who you're talking about.

Originally posted by Twilight506 View Post
          There was a really great fic I was reading about this. BUT IT WAS UNFINISHED (falls over...)... so I deleted it from my brain.
          I hate unfinished fics. They just bug the heck out of me. Particularly when they're really good.

Originally posted by Regularamanda View Post
          Seahen! We've missed you! *hugs*

And about the bolded...man I really need to stop being a geek since I got those references

Oh and I had a thought...it would have been really cool if in 'Gemini', repliCarter goes into Jack's head...and he has to feel her pain as she "shoots" him...
          Oh yeah, that's a great one. Replicarter in Jack's head making him live out the fantasy world like Fifth did with Sam. Sam questioned her fantasy life with "Pete" because it wasn't what she really wanted. I wonder... if Replicarter created a virtual world with Jack and her (as RealSam) retired and living at his cabin... would Jack question it or just think what a lucky git he is after all?

Oh sure, tease me why don'tcha...

About your bolded...

OT:
          Spoiler:
          I had a business writing class at work today and the instructor had all these references to The Office and some other shows and I sooo wanted to bring up the whole "You ended that sentence with a preposition! *******!" and "It's whom" when we went over those topics but I decided not to reveal my inner geek even more, although my coworkers are already on to me...
          Re the OT

Spoiler:
          Rejoice in your inner geek!
          And, personally, I think it's lovely to see you back posting here. I've missed your wonderful captions and great insights and, yes, all that technical stuff you probably got bored of repeating over and over and over...

A sig Nebulan used for awhile that just makes me smile...

Tags left in deliberately to highlight and compare.

First thing, I never realised that was Cassie. I only ever saw glances in passing and was trying to work out who it was. I did think it was Sam's mother at one point (looked a bit like the picture she was looking at in Devil You Know) but I can see it's Cassie now.... aww.

Second point - and I know I am going somewhat over old ground - all the pictures in her office are of individuals except the one of Jack, where she's in it beside him fishing. I just think that's quite interesting; she must have a dozen pictures of all four of them together she could have picked to remind her of her old team. It's almost like she's making the point ever so subtly that while she cares for all the others, she's with Jack.
          And referring to that bottom picture, it proves that we know she could have a picture of him and him alone - just like all the others - there. We never see that picture again so we can only conclude it never made its way outside her quarters and possibly never made its way from beside her bed. Actually in my little world...

Gutter warning, splish splash

Spoiler:

I wonder if she keeps it under her pillow, possibly along with "other things" that remind her of Jack and bring her, uh, comfort in those lonely hours at night.

Spoiler:

Well... despite popular belief, a girl's best friend is not really a diamond.

OT my Dad...convincing him to be a shipper...the sega continues!

Spoiler:
          So I gave him our evidence today and all those shippy hints and he says it amounts to nothing And wouldn't it have been great if Jack had gotten back together with "that fine brunette chick from that episode where Sam goes to his house" and then he says "You know I should write a fic about that" Because it turns out writing fanfiction runs in the family My Dad wrote ST fanfiction back in the day that he claims is lying around somewhere

Nevertheless he made me very upset/annoyed...And now that doubts starting to creep in!

He's so going to be making up causing me to doubt. He's going to have to suffer through Entity real soon!

And then of course he goes "And I'm sure the Brunette lady really knows how to fish!"

Causing me to say "Sam fishes better!"

Shipper Parental Induction Programme (S.P.I.T.) OT

Spoiler:

Oh he's so seeing it. He's joshing ya Amanda. he's being a typical bloke and trying to wind you up about it.

Men! Tsk!

... not you... the ones reading/participating in the thread. You're alright!

Originally posted by GoneFishing View Post
          Thanks, everyone, for the warm welcome and kind words. I only climb out of the gutter when I need popcorn, so I already feel at home here.

Welcome GoneFishing!

Originally posted by Lady eliza View Post
          A personal note-
          Spoiler:
          Things with my granddad aren't going so well, he's back in hospital and been given 3 months to live, so i'm struggling to cope, trying to help my mum by being strong for her and struggling with God on this issue, so if I'm not here much, that's why.
          RL OT
          Spoiler:

(((((Lady Eliza)))))

It's never easy to see loved ones sick or dying, and others you love in pain because of it.

Apologies for yet another mammoth post. You can blame yourseleves for having so much to say that I want to comment on.
          Last edited by Cagranosalis; 16 September 2009, 01:36 AM. Reason: What do you get when you multiply six by nine?
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
            two questions -

*if you could pick ONE episode to erase from history, what would it be and why?
            Grace. The odd thing is that it's not a bad episode at all and one I like...but it does start a chain of events for Sam which leads her in to her relationship with what's-his-name.

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
            *if you could trade ONE character episode and make it into a jack or sam one, what would it be and why?
            Hmmmm...Affinity? Yeah...yeah, Affinity I think. Apart from the Shanahan aspect of it which I didn't like (quelle surprise)...I also didn't like the fact that the SGC had to turn to local law enforcement to find whoever it was they were trying to find. To me it just made the SGC look incompetent and was just an excuse to give Shanahan something to actually do apart from make moon-eyes at Sam. It felt tacked on. I ask myself what would the SGC have done if the people they were looking for were in a location nowhere near any police. Spin-around in circles, scratching their heads wondering what to do? Of course not. And...those things aside...the last scene with Sam and Shanahan. That was completely out of character for her. There's a time and a place for personal activities and Sam would know that...and I hope that Amanda did too. TPTB did the character a huge disservice. Hell...they did Sam a huge disservice waaaaaaaaaay back when they lumbered her with a completely dough heid like Shanahan.

*huffs*

Thinking of this stuff related to Shanahan makes me so mad.

Originally posted by mad_gater View Post
            I concur...
            What? That I sound like a broken record?

Thank you, Alan. It was just a little quiet, so I decided to provide my own entertainment. Glad it provided some for you as well.
            Oh no...thank YOU, sg-1fanintn.

Speaking of which, I'm watching the new Jay Leno show, and I must share something.

A comedian was doing a bit about how rotten air travel is, and he said he didn't want a friendly pilot. He wanted a serious pilot, "...the kind whose wife calls him 'sir' in bed."

And you know where my mind immediately went... ( )

Last edited by Alan; 16 September 2009, 04:17 AM.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
            K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

Hello everyone I just joined the forum and I am a huge S/J shipper

*throws mud and rocks at Pete*

Nice to meet you all
              Videos Artwork

In loving memory of Col. L. Pendergast1960-2006
              Yes I actually enjoy SGU.

Comment

Great ideas, Claudia! I especially like your Unending idea. Although I would have hated to see Jack die, in that context (with him 90 years old) and if he and Sam had gotten together along the way, it certainly would have improved the episode!

Really good ideas!
                oooh...talk about angst!!!

Comment

I just love that little boy pic of RDA. I know there's a baby pic out there of him, as well, but I really prefer this particular pic. He's sooo adorable! And he looks the same.

Comment

While I do think they've started up something, there's the part of me that actually wants to see the moment they get together, hense my idea of it happening in unending instead-and I think they could write a believable reason as to why they did not immediately get together right after Threads. So, yeah, selfish me wants to SEE the moment.
                    I *totally* agree about wanting to *SEE* the moment. especially that first non-alien-virus/drug/memorystamp influence non-AlternateUniverse non-AlternateTimeline Real Sam and Real Jack we're-in-love-and-we-just-aren't-gonna-fight-it-anymore-so-let's-celebrate KISS!!!

But rather than delay their union, I'd much rather have seen a flashback to that moment... say in Line in the Sand, as Sam lays there in agony and losing hope that she'll survive to see Jack again... Now *that* would have been good use of a Jack cameo!

I had another idea though, since the question that started this all was what episode would you change- working with actor availability, how about, instead of Daniel, it was Sam who became the Prior in the Shroud? Maybe they didn't jump immediately into a relationship after Threads, since Sam's father just died and she did just end a fairly long term relationship- then things with the oridas kicked off and they fell into the comfortable ol' status quo of before, especially with them being half a continent away. Anyway, Sam suddenly is the one who goes missing after The Quest and returns as a Prior... Jack decides he can no longer hold back his feelings... hmmm...
                    Now *THAT* is the first they-didn't-get-together-immediately-post-Threads/Moebius-*Fishing*-trip scenario I could actually wrap my head around without some part of me screaming in protest. That there I could see working. And, frankly, probably a more realistic scenario than them jumping straight into a full-fledged "I love you and I'm ready to spend the rest of my life with you" damn-the-regs Jack tries and fails to retire so they have a quicky wedding scenario that we all so love in fic...

Okay, I'm not sure who got into my brain and wrote that... that's sooo not like me! I'd have them boinking in the storage closet every ep if I could find a justifiable alien influence excuse-type way to do it...

Love and hot fudge,
                    Bren Ren
                    ~
                    My stories!
                    ~

sigpic

Comment

A sig Nebulan used for awhile that just makes me smile...

Hah. Nice! Thanks for posting that.

I love the pic of RDA (glasses. . mmm) checking over the script sides for the day and Thor watching him. I hadn't seen that one before!
                      sigpic
                      Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

Fine... fine... I do want everyone to be happy. Overflowing water from the gutter has it's charms as well...

Oh, that's for sure . . . How can one not see gutter when thinking of Sam and Jack?

She reached for that with all the smooth experience of being used to handling his sidearm . . .
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
                          I must admit a Hundred Days fic with them both stuck would be really interesting.
                          Someone has a story going on like this now on LJ.

I hate unfinished fics. They just bug the heck out of me. Particularly when they're really good.
                          I won't read WIP's anymore unless I know the author is done and just not posting it all at once. I get too mad when they're really good (which is rare) and are never finished.

Oh yeah, that's a great one. Replicarter in Jack's head making him live out the fantasy world like Fifth did with Sam. Sam questioned her fantasy life with "Pete" because it wasn't what she really wanted. I wonder... if Replicarter created a virtual world with Jack and her (as RealSam) retired and living at his cabin... would Jack question it or just think what a lucky git he is after all?
                          I'd have loved seeing that, too. It would have made for some good angst! And gutter if Sam had woken up on the farm in BED with him . . . of course, alarm bells would have gone off in her head then, too, but it'd have been fun to see how she worked out how it wasn't real when it was what she really wanted. . .

And referring to that bottom picture, it proves that we know she could have a picture of him and him alone - just like all the others - there. We never see that picture again so we can only conclude it never made its way outside her quarters and possibly never made its way from beside her bed. Actually in my little world...

Gutter warning, splish splash

Spoiler:

I wonder if she keeps it under her pillow, possibly along with "other things" that remind her of Jack and bring her, uh, comfort in those lonely hours at night.

Spoiler:

Well... despite popular belief, a girl's best friend is not really a diamond.
                          ROTFL in the spoiler! God that's hysterical. I read a fic once where Jack is helping her clean (or move?) and he finds a little box containing her 'best friend'. She's horrified and he's amused. Then they proceed - without it.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by GoneFishing View Post
                            Thanks, everyone, for the warm welcome and kind words. I only climb out of the gutter when I need popcorn, so I already feel at home here.

And on that *open* lead-in, I'm settling in deep with the scuba gear, hovering over the bottomless trench.

This Gutter is Full Service, hon! And this is, after all, a Sic-Fi Romance Gutter--the possibilities are endless! As are the technological advances!

ROFL! Don't you know that they do deliveries! I never come out of the gutter

See what I mean?

Yeah... Us non gutteresque Shippers throw stuff down the hatch all the time. Popcorn, pictures of chimera, little flower pots... Anything to get the noise down.
                            There's always that...

Why, oh WHY did you have to sink to Chimera? That's just low.

{Throws back pictures of the ring. Sitting on the counter between Sam and Jack. Then the force-field scene. Then Jack's face as he says he "wouldn't be here."}

So there.

Keep the noise down indeed. They just get tired of wearing those rubber boots... and trousers... and jackets... and stuff.

*glares*...no chimera...that's evil! Just keep us happy with S/J gutter...so we can overflow the thread again...

and y'all start moping

*made by Jas
                            Now that is just the most beautiful gif of that kiss I've seen! Thanks for sharing!

Nah, IMHO, fluff is good for the heart.
                            Angst is good for the brain, Shippy Hippy-ism for the sentiment and gutter is good for the...

Um.

You know...

Muscles.
                            Love and hot fudge,
                            Bren Ren
                            ~
                            My stories!
                            ~

sigpic

Comment

But rather than delay their union, I'd much rather have seen a flashback to that moment... say in Line in the Sand, as Sam lays there in agony and losing hope that she'll survive to see Jack again... Now *that* would have been good use of a Jack cameo!
                              Oh, now that would have been awesome!!

Only, mind you, if it was completely obvious that it was a flashback or memory.....I wouldn't have wanted some wishy-washy thing that people could imagine was actually some pain-induced hallucination or something.

Comment

I'll forever ditto my dislike for old WIPS.

I try so hard to avoid them, but every so often they catch me by surprise.

Once i read a fic that I liked. Then I started the sequel....only to find that it was unfinished and years old. ugh!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X