This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
    I must admit a Hundred Days fic with them both stuck would be really interesting. That and the Paradise Lost one someone mentioned. I have those plot bunnies breeding in my head but, alas, I don't have time to write and do it justice.

Oh and I got those references too. Moi? Geek? Nah, dunno who you're talking about.

I hate unfinished fics. They just bug the heck out of me. Particularly when they're really good.
    There are actually several of these stories out there where Sam gets stuck on Edora with Jack. Unfortunately, I don't think any of them have ever been finished. There's one on sjalways-forever right now that the author says is finished, but she hasn't posted all the chapters yet. And another that hasn't been updated in quite a long time, and is because I don't think the author knows where she wants to go with it. I'm pretty sure there are a few others, but it's been so long since I read them, I wouldn't swear to it. And then there's another I read on Heliopolis (I think) where Sam got stuck with Jack in Paradise Lost that's quite steamy, which did get finished. Not sure I can find it, but I can go looking.

Originally posted by Alan View Post
    Hmmmm...Affinity? Yeah...yeah, Affinity I think. Apart from the Shanahan aspect of it which I didn't like (quelle surprise)...I also didn't like the fact that the SGC had to turn to local law enforcement to find whoever it was they were trying to find. To me it just made the SGC look incompetent and was just an excuse to give Shanahan something to actually do apart from make moon-eyes at Sam. It felt tacked on. I ask myself what would the SGC have done if the people they were looking for were in a location nowhere near any police. Spin-around in circles, scratching their heads wondering what to do? Of course not. And...those things aside...the last scene with Sam and Shanahan. That was completely out of character for her. There's a time and a place for personal activities and Sam would know that...and I hope that Amanda did too. TPTB did the character a huge disservice. Hell...they did Sam a huge disservice waaaaaaaaaay back when they lumbered her with a completely dough heid like Shanahan.

*huffs*

Thinking of this stuff related to Shanahan makes me so mad.

What? That I sound like a broken record?

Oh no...thank YOU, sg-1fanintn.

I'll start ranting if I don't keep this short, because I agree with everything you've said ... and more. Especially that this entire storyline did a huge disservice to Sam's character. If they really just had to give her a relationship, they could have done it without insulting her character and given her a storyline that was grown up, instead of one that seemed to be between a couple of high school students getting all goofy over each other. I know Amanda objected to parts of the script and storyline, but why-oh-why couldn't she object to how her character was being portrayed, and if she did why couldn't TPTB have listened to her. Aaaaaaaargh!

I see the keeping it short to stop myself from ranting didn't work, so I will have to forcibly remove myself (temporarily, mind you) so that my fingers don't take on a mind of their own and continue the ranting ... which they've occasionally been known to do ...

(**stop it now ... stop it ... quit typing ... bad fingers ... I'll smack those fingers if they don't stop typing now!!!!! .... okay, I hate to bring out the big guns here, but you leave me no choice ... if you don't stop typing, right now ... THERE WILL BE NO MORE CAKE OR JELLO for the rest of the day!!!!!**)

Comment

I'M BACK!!!

Originally posted by mad_gater View Post
      except for Irn-Bru right?
      You bet'cha Gotta gets me Irn-Bru fix

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
      two questions -

1. if you could pick ONE episode to erase from history, what would it be and why?

2. if you could trade ONE character episode and make it into a jack or sam one, what would it be and why?
      1. Can I say most of S9 and 10? No? Oh ok then. A hundred days, I would never have let that see the light of day, sorry but I truly dislike that ep with a passion

2. hmmm not sure...Can't think

Originally posted by Twilight506 View Post
      SERIOUSLY??? You SO have to explain. Abyss is one of my favorite episodes (the other being Heroes).

HOW HOW HOW can you not LOVE the angst - the S/J hint (the fact that the slave girl eerily resembles Sam???)

AH it's just an angsty, torturey, BEAUTIFUL episode.

I love it.
      I love Abyss too so you're not alone

now you know how *i* feel!
      Originally posted by Regularamanda View Post

Yes but Sam never died over and over in Canon (except for that episode of Atlantis Alternate timeline thinger...) I killed her once FCOL....let it go! *hugs*

Are you two still at it

maybe take 'abyss' and turn it into a sam story instead. why? because i think it would have been interesting to see her go through something so horrible. and without softening it because a 'girl' was going through it.
      Ooh I like this idea What? Can I help it if I love Sam whump?
      sigpic

Comment

Welcome back Linda06!

Hedwig, I have to agree that it did a bit of a disservice to Sam's character. I'm glad AT put her foot down in some aspects because if she hadn't, those episodes would have been even more cringe-worthy.

Question - the episode where Sam gets shot by the Ori staff weapon (password Fishing!) . . . was it in the hip or the side?
        sigpic
        Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

Originally posted by Pol View Post
          RE: Bolded... um...huh?
          Originally posted by sg-1fanintn View Post
          Uh...what does that mean?

Darn! Linda is gone...and won't be here tomorrow to tell us.

I'm sure this is some quaint saying we'll all enjoy hearing about when she gets back.....

* .....taps fingers impatiently...
          I googled footie and Scotland...I believe that it's soccer

Originally posted by Aveo_amacus View Post
          Aveo's English-English-English guide

1. footie (scot/eng) = football (scot/eng) = soccer (am)

2. IRN-Bru - not alcoholic; orange yes, alcoholic no - also available as a chew bar
          Oh sorry, I forgot most of you guys are American

Yes what Amanda says. Footie is short for Football which you guys call Soccer.

Footie, Football, Fitbaw. That's some words we use for Soccer

Oh and look at Aveo looking up the best soft drink on the planet Irn-Bru is Scottish, umm it's juice. What is it you guys call a soft drink, Soda? It's quite hard to get in foreign countries

thx melissa...

looks like Mary got scared off......I think someone overdid the Jack-bashing.....

(((((((mary))))))) - she shall be missed.....
          WHAT??? Someone doing some Jack bashing...Lemme at 'em
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by leiasky View Post
            Welcome back Linda06!

Hedwig, I have to agree that it did a bit of a disservice to Sam's character. I'm glad AT put her foot down in some aspects because if she hadn't, those episodes would have been even more cringe-worthy.

Question - the episode where Sam gets shot by the Ori staff weapon (password Fishing!) . . . was it in the hip or the side?
            That would be "Line in the Sand" and it has the 'D'oh!' as well And She gets shot in the side.

Yup Linda we call soft drinks soda Some places over here call it 'Pop'

My Fanfiction My Sam/Jack vids (yahoo) My LJ
            Thanks everyone for my b-day icons and sigs!
            Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by GoneFishing View Post
              Hello, everyone. After months of reading, I finally had to delurk to have fun with these captures. They were just too hard to resist, LOL.

Pardon my lengthy debut.

SJ

Jack: Okay, I'll throw in a six month's supply of over priced imported coffee.
              Daniel: I don't care what you offer me, Jack. Out of respect for Sam, I will not help you steal the mirror for your bedroom.
              Jack: Listen, Spacemonkey, it was her idea.
              Daniel: Make it a year's supply, and I get visitation rights when alternate Sam's home alone.
              Jack: Yes on the coffee. And I won't tell her you asked for the latter.
              Daniel: Thank you. I think. I'll meet you at midnight.
              Jack: Make it 3. Maybe there won't be anything to watch by then.
              That was great

Mr. Spock...what do you make of this Irn-Bru stuff?

It is highly illogical to call something a "Bru" that isn't alcoholic.....
              Well, when they first made it it was actually called Iron-Brew but because there wasn't any alcohol in it they weren't allowed to keep brew in the title but instead of changing the name completely they just changed the spelling to bru.

Well it was something like that, if you look it up it tells you about the history of it

Originally posted by melanell View Post
              After all of the screen cpas the last few days, I felt compelled to watch Urgo yesterday. That really is such a fun ep!

I did not, however, feel any need to watch 100 Days.
              And I never feel the urge to watch 100 days, I only watched it by request from Cags who wanted caps
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
                Tags left in deliberately to highlight and compare.

First thing, I never realised that was Cassie. I only ever saw glances in passing and was trying to work out who it was. I did think it was Sam's mother at one point (looked a bit like the picture she was looking at in Devil You Know) but I can see it's Cassie now.... aww.

Second point - and I know I am going somewhat over old ground - all the pictures in her office are of individuals except the one of Jack, where she's in it beside him fishing. I just think that's quite interesting; she must have a dozen pictures of all four of them together she could have picked to remind her of her old team. It's almost like she's making the point ever so subtly that while she cares for all the others, she's with Jack.
                And referring to that bottom picture, it proves that we know she could have a picture of him and him alone - just like all the others - there. We never see that picture again so we can only conclude it never made its way outside her quarters and possibly never made its way from beside her bed. Actually in my little world...

Gutter warning, splish splash

Spoiler:

I wonder if she keeps it under her pillow, possibly along with "other things" that remind her of Jack and bring her, uh, comfort in those lonely hours at night.

Spoiler:

Well... despite popular belief, a girl's best friend is not really a diamond.

On the bolded, absolutely And especially as you say, as we also know she took two pictures with Jack to Atlantis, but only one of everyone else as far as we know

I also quite like the fact that the frame round the fishing picture is rather girly, really, with swirly flowers, whereas all the others are plain. Not the kind of frame you usually choose for a picture of you with your ex-boss

CONGRATULATIONS ON 4000 AMANDA!!!
                CONGRATULATIONS ON 400 BABANCAT!!!

sigpic
                Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Originally posted by Aveo_amacus View Post
                  yeah well that's why it changed that part of the name to "Bru" from "Brew" - because it wasn't brewed. It's just a very orange soft-drink v popular in Scotland
                  - sounds like an interesting drink though....esp. if they have a diet version that's sugar free....

Sam and Jack forever!!!!!!
                  ah yes, what Aveo said And there is diet Irn-Bru

Let me see if I can remember.... I think it went something like this...

Spoiler:

*snipped for pure unadulterated laziness*
                  Off world...
                  Spoiler:

*snipped for same reason as above*

THE END

So that *was* how the episode went right?
                  Now I would pay good money to see this happening

Me too...and I agree with you totally, Rachel. I think we all have those days on the thread when we think no one is responding to us...or that everyone disagrees with us. But I love all of the Ship Family...even those whose views sometimes vary from mine. We usually have more in common than not. Whether we interpret certain episodes a little differently is of no concern to me, because we share so much more than a few opinions.
                  But remember the golden rule
                  Spoiler:
                  It is a very important rule
                  Spoiler:
                  Linda is always right, even when she is wrong

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y12...dess/Jack4.jpg

Carter...whatcha thinkin'?

You know...

You mean?

Uhm-hmmm.

Nice thought...

I told ya...

Let's go home...

There's a supply closet down the hall...

Ok...a quick stop there...then home...

*snicker* You guys are cracking me up....Now make some room, i'm coming into the gutter *dives in*
                  sigpic

Comment

Oh, that's for sure . . . How can one not see gutter when thinking of Sam and Jack?

She reached for that with all the smooth experience of being used to handling his sidearm . . .
                    SNORT!!!! OMG...there goes my monitor...again!
                    Pol My Blog | My Fanfic | My FaceBook__ Sam: "Jack...please."

Comment

Plot bunny!

They did get together after threads...I know they did *worries*

OT my Dad...convincing him to be a shipper...the sega continues!

Spoiler:
                      So I gave him our evidence today and all those shippy hints and he says it amounts to nothing And wouldn't it have been great if Jack had gotten back together with "that fine brunette chick from that episode where Sam goes to his house" and then he says "You know I should write a fic about that" Because it turns out writing fanfiction runs in the family My Dad wrote ST fanfiction back in the day that he claims is lying around somewhere

Nevertheless he made me very upset/annoyed...And now that doubts starting to creep in !

He's so going to be making up causing me to doubt He's going to have to suffer through Entity real soon!

And then of course he goes "And I'm sure the Brunette lady really knows how to fish!"

Causing me to say "Sam fishes better!"

Do you want me to get my fish out

He's just yanking your chain Amanda, you know what dads are like They never grow up

Originally posted by Alan View Post
                      Grace. The odd thing is that it's not a bad episode at all and one I like...but it does start a chain of events for Sam which leads her in to her relationship with what's-his-name.
                      I wouldn't take that ep ut, I may change the direction they took after that ep though

I won't read WIP's anymore unless I know the author is done and just not posting it all at once. I get too mad when they're really good (which is rare) and are never finished.
                      I stopped readin WIP's too for the same reason. I am reading Rachel's Aftershoks and Pol's Campfire stories though but that's the only one's i'm reading that aren't complete so far

That would be "Line in the Sand" and it has the 'D'oh!' as well And She gets shot in the side.

Yup Linda we call soft drinks soda Some places over here call it 'Pop'
                      She gets shot And there's blood And she's in pain And there's blood And she's lying there And there's blood

Phew, finally caught up, geez can you guys talk or what
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jitter View Post
                        Hello everyone I just joined the forum and I am a huge S/J shipper

*throws mud and rocks at Pete*

Nice to meet you all
                        Welcome Jitter

Oh, that's for sure . . . How can one not see gutter when thinking of Sam and Jack?
                        *scratches head*.....don't know...

She reached for that with all the smooth experience of being used to handling his sidearm . . .
                        And down we go

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
                        But remember the golden rule
                        Spoiler:
                        It is a very important rule
                        Spoiler:
                        Linda is always right, even when she is wrong
                        I think you've remembered that one incorrectly, because it is actually:
                        Spoiler:
                        Jann is always right, even when you think she is wrong
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by starlover View Post
                          I think you've remembered that one incorrectly, because it is actually:
                          Spoiler:
                          Jann is always right, even when you think she is wrong
                          Oh I didn't know
                          Spoiler:
                          you spelt Jann....L-i-n-d-a

Ok whose bright idea was it to talk about Shades of grey the other day hmmmmm I had the urge to watch it on Monday there *iz uploading caps*
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
                            D

I stopped readin WIP's too for the same reason. I am reading Rachel's Aftershoks and Pol's Campfire stories though but that's the only one's i'm reading that aren't complete so far
                            Well, those are mostly stand alone stories. I don't consider them WIP's. Same with Annerb's DC series. They're part of a series but can be read as standalones.

Pol, where ya been!? You're close, you know . . . You're welcome to come over and watch the SGU pilot if you like Provided you can deal with my kitties

Mmm, Shades of Grey. Jack is so very hot in it . . .
                            sigpic
                            Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

Well, those are mostly stand alone stories. I don't consider them WIP's. Same with Annerb's DC series. They're part of a series but can be read as standalones.

Pol, where ya been!? You're close, you know . . . You're welcome to come over and watch the SGU pilot if you like Provided you can deal with my kitties

I've been
                              Spoiler:
                              ...buried under RL...and I have a Campfire tugging at my conscience! I'd love to come see SGU, but...time. I have no time!

ER...

(Furling): O'Neill, you say your fish are thiiiiiiiis big? Well, behold my trophy fish!

Holy...buckets.

Wow, Sir. That's certainly a big...um...thing. Kind of makes yours look, well...

Hmmm?

Never mind.
                              Pol My Blog | My Fanfic | My FaceBook__ Sam: "Jack...please."

Comment

ohhhh yeahhhh, so they are. DUH Please ignore me, i'm tired
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X