Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone up for a viewing of 'Metamorphosis' tonight?

My Fanfiction My Sam/Jack vids (yahoo) My LJ
    Thanks everyone for my b-day icons and sigs!
    Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by Amalthea View Post
      Ok, hypothetical, somewhat fun question:

What do you think Jack and Sam would do on their summer vacation?
      *snort*

PG Jann...PG...

Erm...since Jos already mentioned fishing...

I've got nothin'... ...my mind is corrupted by the gutter.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by josiane View Post
        Fish

(sorry, had to be done )
        Originally posted by starlover View Post
        *snort*

PG Jann...PG...

Erm...since Jos already mentioned fishing...

I've got nothin'... ...my mind is corrupted by the gutter.
        Fair enough!

Just working on a little ship day project.
        sigpic

Comment

OT
          Spoiler:
          Originally posted by Regularamanda View Post
          Spoiler:
          Oh!! I'm so sorry to hear that!! *hugs* Beautiful, beautiful dog. Pets are part of the family, no matter what. There's this really good quote that I found when my dog passed away over the summer- " It came to me that every time I lose a dog, they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." - Cheryl Zuccaro and one of my favorite poems (which will make you cry... but it helps) Rainbow bridge
          Spoiler:
          *many many huggles* towards you! I can understand how you feel!

I can't understand how I would feel now if my dog(the one I have now) would pass away......and she's also the one that makes sure I get out...talking of which...
          Spoiler:
          I'm so sorry to hear about your dog. Having lost dogs in the past I know exactly how you feel. *hugs*
          Originally posted by Pol View Post
          Edit: Oh Egle. {{{{{{{{{{{{Egle}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}} I am so sorry.
          Spoiler:
          *hugs* It's not a bother, so don't apologize. It's sad to lose a pet and we'll all be here for you for whatever you need. *hugs again* So sorry for your loss.
          Thank you all. It means a lot to me. ((((Ship Family))))
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jumble View Post
            True, but IMO that wood have been a lousy trick to play on the shippers, because when the reset happened neither Jack nor Sam wood have remembered any of it and they'd have been right back where they started.
            But, but WoO, PoV, Moebius

These alternate timeline/universe/dream sequences are what's kept us shippers going, because they back up what we already know. Therefore I really would not have minded having Sam and Jack together in Unending. I could have lived, **like I did with all the others** with that reset.

I'm just sayin'

Originally posted by leiasky View Post
            Can you just SEE Jack nagging Teal'c about what happened since he's the only one who has the memories?

Jack: I know I wasn't celibate for 50 years.
            Teal'c: Indeed.
            Jack: Is that a yes? I heard confirmation in that tone.

Ahh, it could have been done so much better!

*sigh*
            Oooh yes. He'd have been worse than Vala.

Oh come on T. You're gonna keep this from me? How many times have we saved the world together. And I know you're keeping score.

Indeed.

Originally posted by Aveo_amacus View Post
            on the hug thing:
            tbh I'm not sure there would have been a hug after Daniel died - when Jacob died sure but not Daniel so much. Jack pulled away and shut down from Sam we see this in the following episode (Revelations) so I can't quite see them suddenly having this more emotionally open scene when Jack is deliberately being withdrawn and closed off.
            I think there's a difference between the type of hug they share at the end of the serpent's lair and the heroes hug. I can see maybe a few (maybe??) of the early Christmases having hugs but not after S3. It seems more easy and flitatious now that they're together but during the actual seasons their relationship just wasn't at that point.
            Very true. Thanks for bringing out feet back to ground. I know we tend to jump to cloud 9 when thinking about any physicality between S/J.

Originally posted by Egle01 View Post
            Even if they couldn't afforded RDA, it wouldn't have cost them anything to mention Jack. If not Thor asking about him, then old Sam mentioning to Teal'c or Daniel that she misses him. Not a confirmation, and since the time bubble thing got... fixed, it basically wouldn't have happened. Close enough.

If only.
            Indeed.

OT
            Spoiler:
            I'm sorry to bother you with this... but my dog has just passed away. You might remember - I've talked about him and his struggle with bone infection. His condition hadn't improved, it kept getting worse. There really wasn't an option what to do, it was best for him. No matter how hard for the rest of the family. The vet has just left and... well. It's done.

Tommy wasn't the brightest and used to pee a lot. But he was our family member. He was the one who made me take a break from sitting behind computer for too long by demanding a walk. Who's gonna do it now?

I'll always miss our joyful walks together... and cherish the year and 3 month he was with us.

http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/i...lt003_edit.jpg

Goodbye.
            I'm sorry Egle

Welcome Milli.

And...to this question. I like to think that after Jolinar died.

Sam is sitting rather listlessly on the hospital bed, her legs hanging over the side. Fraiser has released her to go home - she and Cassie will be taking her - but Fraiser has stepped out for a moment to gather Cass and her things. O'Neill pops his head head around the corner. He...okay, this is becoming a fic in my head!

The hug happens, but I'll write it. In fact, oh, wait...no, I wrote a Campfire about that, but no hug. Hmmm. Guess it'll be a standalone. Okay, I'll think on it while I teach today. Thanks for the great prompt!

Side note. I can always tell when a Campfire doesn't measure up by the amount of (or lack thereof) of reviews. I struggled with the last one and it's apparent. ::sigh:: note to self. Do not force the story, let it flow. Lesson learned.

Edit: Oh Egle. {{{{{{{{{{{{Egle}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}} I am so sorry.
            Yes. We forgot about that one.

So.

About that fic **rubs hands in anticipation of another great fic from Pol**

Fish

(sorry, had to be done )
            Indeed.

Would depend on where they went for vacation but some things would remain the same no matter where they were.

I think they'd go for long walks together while on vacation.

And I don't know if it would necessarily be while on vacation, but I've had images of Sam and Jack, late in the evening, the power is out, candles are lit, they're on their living room floor.....

...... playing 20 questions.

Can you imagine the questions they'd ask each other Hmmm
            sigpic
            sig by Mada
            As a matter of FIC

Comment

Originally posted by trinity3 View Post
              But, but WoO, PoV, Moebius

These alternate timeline/universe/dream sequences are what's kept us shippers going, because they back up what we already know. Therefore I really would not have minded having Sam and Jack together in Unending. I could have lived, **like I did with all the others** with that reset.

I'm just sayin'
              Ah, but there are a lot of shippers who were annoyed/upset about all those AT's AU's and dream sequences I've seen 'hitting the reset button' cursed many times on this thread. Not everyone reacts to them in the same way, which is why discussion is supposedly fun and interesting.

Just sayin'

Comment

Wohoo I have mastered multiquoting! Thanks for the continuing welcomes.

I didn't like unending - at that point I didn't know there would be movies and I never really like episodes without Jack in anyway.

OT
                Spoiler:
                I'm sorry to bother you with this... but my dog has just passed away. You might remember - I've talked about him and his struggle with bone infection. His condition hadn't improved, it kept getting worse. There really wasn't an option what to do, it was best for him. No matter how hard for the rest of the family. The vet has just left and... well. It's done.

Tommy wasn't the brightest and used to pee a lot. But he was our family member. He was the one who made me take a break from sitting behind computer for too long by demanding a walk. Who's gonna do it now?

I'll always miss our joyful walks together... and cherish the year and 3 month he was with us.

Spoiler:
                Really sorry to hear that Egle. It is a beautiful photograph. Hugs.

Welcome Milli.

And...to this question. I like to think that after Jolinar died.

Sam is sitting rather listlessly on the hospital bed, her legs hanging over the side. Fraiser has released her to go home - she and Cassie will be taking her - but Fraiser has stepped out for a moment to gather Cass and her things. O'Neill pops his head head around the corner. He...okay, this is becoming a fic in my head!

The hug happens, but I'll write it. In fact, oh, wait...no, I wrote a Campfire about that, but no hug. Hmmm. Guess it'll be a standalone. Okay, I'll think on it while I teach today. Thanks for the great prompt!
                I'll read that!

Side note. I can always tell when a Campfire doesn't measure up by the amount of (or lack thereof) of reviews. I struggled with the last one and it's apparent. ::sigh:: note to self. Do not force the story, let it flow. Lesson learned.
                Think I missed a link here. Any chance of someone putting it in again?

Fishing!

Comment

Ah, but there are a lot of shippers who were annoyed/upset about all those AT's AU's and dream sequences I've seen 'hitting the reset button' cursed many times on this thread. Not everyone reacts to them in the same way, which is why discussion is supposedly fun and interesting.

Just sayin'
                  Agreed Jumble.

Thanks
                  sigpic
                  sig by Mada
                  As a matter of FIC

Comment

((((Egle)))) Sorry to hear about your dog

Just sayin'
                    Yeah! Booooo! *paints a sheet for the rally*
                    ''No other timelines, no AU!
                    For they're icky and they're... Booooo!''

It's funny. I used to think that AU/AT (Not Amanda, but timeline) would not be my prefered scene, but now that all is quiet on the new scenes front...

I say bring 'em on! I'll make them real in my mind
                    Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
                    Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Nad, your mind is an AU/AT It's the broccoli that does it

Comment

Originally posted by Milli View Post
                        Wohoo I have mastered multiquoting! Thanks for the continuing welcomes.

I didn't like unending - at that point I didn't know there would be movies and I never really like episodes without Jack in anyway.

Spoiler:
                        Really sorry to hear that Egle. It is a beautiful photograph. Hugs.

I'll read that!

Think I missed a link here. Any chance of someone putting it in again?

Fishing!
                        Pol didn't put a link but here's the link to her campfire stories if you haven't read them yet- Treading Lightly that's her latest chapter, but if you have time, go and read the other ones!

You know we really should have a rule that if you mention a fic, you have to link it, seriously!

Comment

Welcome Milli! There's a thread for Sam/Jack fic recs too, someone have the link? The amount of recs in that thread will keep you reading for months! Espeically when you don't read just the specific story that is recced but ALL the stories by that author!

Pol, I actually liked that chapter. I'll have to go back and leave a review. I was lazy yesterday and didn't

What they'd do on summer vacation. Nope. Got nothin'. Nothin' clean and PG rated anyway.
                          sigpic
                          Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

Originally posted by leiasky View Post
                            Welcome Milli! There's a thread for Sam/Jack fic recs too, someone have the link? The amount of recs in that thread will keep you reading for months! Espeically when you don't read just the specific story that is recced but ALL the stories by that author!

Pol, I actually liked that chapter. I'll have to go back and leave a review. I was lazy yesterday and didn't

What they'd do on summer vacation. Nope. Got nothin'. Nothin' clean and PG rated anyway.
                            Yup- Sam and Jack Fic Recs

Edit- So I take it no one's in the mood for a viewing of Metamorphosis Tomorrow then!

Comment

You know...I just thought of it...if it depended on my thoughts...and erm..some others...S/J would be busy bunnies

*adjusts halo*

I'm sure they do other stuff too...like...

talking! Yup that's non PG.. untill it's talk that leads up to certain activities

*sigh*

/jann's random comment of the day
                              sigpic

Comment

You know...I just thought of it...if it depended on my thoughts...and erm..some others...S/J would be busy bunnies

*adjusts halo*

I'm sure they do other stuff too...like...

talking! Yup that's non PG.. untill it's talk that leads up to certain activities

*sigh*

/jann's random comment of the day
                                I can see them talking...eating...going back to doing the things they were before the talking... maybe some fishing...then realizing what fishing really means they end up going back to doing that other thing, maybe seeing some sights...getting bored with that...so they do what they were doing before...

How comes everything inevitability leads to the gutter?

Comment

Working...
                                X