This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jumble View Post
    The problem with that is that Jack wood probably have died Either that or he wood have been the hottest 100-year-old in history
    Yeah, but think of the incredible ANGST we'd have gotten with Sam sitting by HIS bedside instead of Landry's?

And maybe we'd have gotten a kissin' scene like Daniel and Vala did - minus the idiotic arguement! LOL!
    sigpic
    Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

Originally posted by trinity3 View Post
      No problem there either. Have you seen Teal'c lately?

I understand that. But my point is that they would have had the time together. We got Landry back in the end, so if Jack had died, we would have gotten Jack back as well.
      True, but IMO that wood have been a lousy trick to play on the shippers, because when the reset happened neither Jack nor Sam wood have remembered any of it and they'd have been right back where they started.

Comment

I understand that. But my point is that they would have had the time together. We got Landry back in the end, so if Jack had died, we would have gotten Jack back as well.
        Can you just SEE Jack nagging Teal'c about what happened since he's the only one who has the memories?

Jack: I know I wasn't celibate for 50 years.
        Teal'c: Indeed.
        Jack: Is that a yes? I heard confirmation in that tone.

Ahh, it could have been done so much better!

*sigh*
        sigpic

Comment

on the hug thing:
          tbh I'm not sure there would have been a hug after Daniel died - when Jacob died sure but not Daniel so much. Jack pulled away and shut down from Sam we see this in the following episode (Revelations) so I can't quite see them suddenly having this more emotionally open scene when Jack is deliberately being withdrawn and closed off.
          I think there's a difference between the type of hug they share at the end of the serpent's lair and the heroes hug. I can see maybe a few (maybe??) of the early Christmases having hugs but not after S3. It seems more easy and flitatious now that they're together but during the actual seasons their relationship just wasn't at that point.
          sigpicMy Fanfic

Comment

True, but IMO that wood have been a lousy trick to play on the shippers, because when the reset happened neither Jack nor Sam wood have remembered any of it and they'd have been right back where they started.
            It's nothing like they haven't done before with all the alternate timelines and universes that we've seen.

And - they did it to Vala and Daniel. . . .
            sigpic

Comment

In my mind, the ep that we should have seen some resolution, even if it was erased in the end, was Unending. IMHO Jack should have been on that ship and not Landry or even, along with Landry.

Jack was Thor's best Earth buddy, if they were handing over all their knowledge to the Tau'ri and facing impending doom, don't you think Thor would want Jack there?

I do.

Then he would have stuck on that ship with them for 50 years. And I don't care how much duty and honour you're bound by, there is no way, you'd be in that position, trapped with someone you've loved for years, never knowing whether you'd ever get back to normal life, and not act on those feelings.

That was an opportunity for us to see, not just a Daniel/Vala kiss/relationship but a Sam/Jack one as well.
              Even if they couldn't afforded RDA, it wouldn't have cost them anything to mention Jack. If not Thor asking about him, then old Sam mentioning to Teal'c or Daniel that she misses him. Not a confirmation, and since the time bubble thing got... fixed, it basically wouldn't have happened. Close enough.

If only.
              sigpic

Comment

OT
                Spoiler:
                I'm sorry to bother you with this... but my dog has just passed away. You might remember - I've talked about him and his struggle with bone infection. His condition hadn't improved, it kept getting worse. There really wasn't an option what to do, it was best for him. No matter how hard for the rest of the family. The vet has just left and... well. It's done.

Tommy wasn't the brightest and used to pee a lot. But he was our family member. He was the one who made me take a break from sitting behind computer for too long by demanding a walk. Who's gonna do it now?

I'll always miss our joyful walks together... and cherish the year and 3 month he was with us.

Goodbye.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Egle01 View Post
                  OT
                  Spoiler:
                  I'm sorry to bother you with this... but my dog has just passed away. You might remember - I've talked about him and his struggle with bone infection. His condition hadn't improved, it kept getting worse. There really wasn't an option what to do, it was best for him. No matter how hard for the rest of the family. The vet has just left and... well. It's done.

Tommy wasn't the brightest and used to pee a lot. But he was our family member. He was the one who made me take a break from sitting behind computer for too long by demanding a walk. Who's gonna do it now? I'll always miss our joyful walks together... and cherish the year and 3 month he was with us.

Spoiler:
                  Oh!! I'm so sorry to hear that!! *hugs* Beautiful, beautiful dog. Pets are part of the family, no matter what. There's this really good quote that I found when my dog passed away over the summer- " It came to me that every time I lose a dog, they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." - Cheryl Zuccaro and one of my favorite poems (which will make you cry... but it helps) Rainbow bridge

My Fanfiction My Sam/Jack vids (yahoo) My LJ
                  Thanks everyone for my b-day icons and sigs!
                  Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

The problem with that is that Jack wood probably have died Either that or he wood have been the hottest 100-year-old in history
                    Oh yeah...

But I must say Teal'c looks good as well for someone who is 100(older now)

Exactly. But RDA actually signed on to do 5 eps that season. TPTB had him on for 2 in SG-1 and 3 for Atlantis IIRC.

I was miffed about that as well.

Given a choice I'm sure most, if not all of us would have wanted him in Unending.

Ok. I'll stop now **refocusses on S/J hugs**
                    I agree...I would have prefered RDA to be in only SG1 episodes...but what the heck...can't change the past

Originally posted by leiasky View Post
                    Yeah, but think of the incredible ANGST we'd have gotten with Sam sitting by HIS bedside instead of Landry's?

And maybe we'd have gotten a kissin' scene like Daniel and Vala did - minus the idiotic arguement! LOL!
                    Ooohh...yeah I would have loved to see that...but we've gotten some kissing overall...because you know...they are already together (for me)

OT
                    Spoiler:

Tommy wasn't the brightest and used to pee a lot. But he was our family member. He was the one who made me take a break from sitting behind computer for too long by demanding a walk. Who's gonna do it now?

I'll always miss our joyful walks together... and cherish the year and 3 month he was with us.

Spoiler:
                    *many many huggles* towards you! I can understand how you feel!

I can't understand how I would feel now if my dog(the one I have now) would pass away......and she's also the one that makes sure I get out...talking of which...
                    sigpic

Comment

WELCOME MILLI!!!

I see others already took care of pointing you towards the art thread - hope that if you feel inspired to give artworking a go you'll head on over and we can show you how easy it is!

OT
                      Spoiler:

Spoiler:
                      I'm so sorry to hear about your dog. Having lost dogs in the past I know exactly how you feel. *hugs*
                      sigpic
                      Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Welcome. We love Newbies.

Ok Random Q:

Seeing the Heroes hug gif got me thinking **a dangerous proposition, I know**, but if we had to speculate **and we do**,

what other times do you think Jack would have given Sam that kind of hug that we didn't see and alternately...

what other times do you think she needed that kind of hug from him and he didn't give it?

What do you think?
                        Welcome Milli.

And...to this question. I like to think that after Jolinar died.

Sam is sitting rather listlessly on the hospital bed, her legs hanging over the side. Fraiser has released her to go home - she and Cassie will be taking her - but Fraiser has stepped out for a moment to gather Cass and her things. O'Neill pops his head head around the corner. He...okay, this is becoming a fic in my head!

The hug happens, but I'll write it. In fact, oh, wait...no, I wrote a Campfire about that, but no hug. Hmmm. Guess it'll be a standalone. Okay, I'll think on it while I teach today. Thanks for the great prompt!

Side note. I can always tell when a Campfire doesn't measure up by the amount of (or lack thereof) of reviews. I struggled with the last one and it's apparent. ::sigh:: note to self. Do not force the story, let it flow. Lesson learned.

Edit: Oh Egle. {{{{{{{{{{{{Egle}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}} I am so sorry.
                        Pol My Blog | My Fanfic | My FaceBook__ Sam: "Jack...please."

Comment

OT
                          Spoiler:

Spoiler:
                          *hugs* It's not a bother, so don't apologize. It's sad to lose a pet and we'll all be here for you for whatever you need. *hugs again* So sorry for your loss.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pol View Post
                            Welcome Milli.

And...to this question. I like to think that after Jolinar died.

Sam is sitting rather listlessly on the hospital bed, her legs hanging over the side. Fraiser has released her to go home - she and Cassie will be taking her - but Fraiser has stepped out for a moment to gather Cass and her things. O'Neill pops his head head around the corner. He...okay, this is becoming a fic in my head!

The hug happens, but I'll write it. In fact, oh, wait...no, I wrote a Campfire about that, but no hug. Hmmm. Guess it'll be a standalone. Okay, I'll think on it while I teach today. Thanks for the great prompt!

Side note. I can always tell when a Campfire doesn't measure up by the amount of (or lack thereof) of reviews. I struggled with the last one and it's apparent. ::sigh:: note to self. Do not force the story, let it flow. Lesson learned.

Edit: Oh Egle. {{{{{{{{{{{{Egle}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}} I am so sorry.
                            Well I loved it!...I'm just too lazy to review

My Fanfiction My Sam/Jack vids (yahoo) My LJ
                            Thanks everyone for my b-day icons and sigs!
                            Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Ok, hypothetical, somewhat fun question:

What do you think Jack and Sam would do on their summer vacation?
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Amalthea View Post
                                Ok, hypothetical, somewhat fun question:

What do you think Jack and Sam would do on their summer vacation?
                                Fish

(sorry, had to be done )
                                sigpic
                                Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Working...
                                X