Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Afternoon shippers... BtS is on TV right now... I love the little looks that Jack gives Sam. It's the "I've got something important to say to you" look every time she walks away. It's so angsty!
    sigpic

Comment

Happy Birthday john_and_teyla_for_life!
      sigpic

Comment

SQUEEEEEEEEEE!

Don't worry.

I'm just practicing for when we get our romantic scene in Movie #3.

Yeah. I know. I've still got some work to do
        sigpic
        sig by Mada
        As a matter of FIC

Comment

Originally posted by VSS View Post
          Thanks for the kind words about my fic. And thanks again to Amanda for recc'ing it.

Okay, here's a complete word-for-word repost. I actually started thinking about this because of Alan anyway, and something APA said a while back. But it seems kind of OT so I didn't know where to put it. :

I have questions for anyone who's been following the plans for SGU. I don't know where to ask them so i thought I'd try here since shippers seem less likely to say "What an idiot!" in response to stupid questions! And it kind of doesn't have that much to do with SGU so much as the future of SG-1.

Spoiler:
          So I finally got around to watching the SGU trailers and, aside from the jerky camera action which I'm going to attribute to being due mostly to the fact that it's a montage- I liked it. It doesn't seem as melodramatic as BSG. So far, so good.

But here's my question. Lots of people have been guessing that the Icarus base might be on our moon. At first I was resistant to that idea because I love the tie-in with the Air Force, but times do change. One of these days the US was going to have to give up the gate, and it's kind of like the UN, who wants to pay for it anyway when it can be such a pain in the neck?

Also, the events of EatG indicate that something is going on, anyway. Landry being away on a task force and the Odyssey being on a secret mission, for starters. And Alan made a very good point that Icarus is a crater on the far side of the moon, near locations Daedulus and Korolev.

So here's a few things I know:
          Icarus base is very big, and apparently underground. It's supposed to be secret (well, isn't everything?). It's very important and evidently thought to be pretty safe because they've got visiting dignitaries and others who don't belong anywhere near the front lines. And they have their very own uniforms. So this base is at least as important as Atlantis, which also warranted its own uniforms.

The gate appears to be a Milky Way gate, and it looks like the gate room, only updated. In fact, it looks like our gate. Our point of origin is on it, I think.

The IOA appears to be in on this, if not running the whole show. Because of the uniforms and the presence of the IOA, I'm thinking the SGC doesn't have much to do with this.

Jack O'Neill is going to be in about 6 episodes. Six! That's a lot for it having to do with some off-world base. Especially when the series is supposed to be about the Destiny. In the very first episode they're already on the ship. And why Walter? He's never left earth before (200 doesn't count.) But we know the control room has been taken down. (Edit: Thanks to Amanda for pointing out he went off-world in Fallen. Still, why now?)

Okay, so here's my theory. I think the earth gate gets moved to the moon for safety's sake and to share it with other countries. It gets attacked, and not only is the first season dealing with the Destiny, there's a fair amount taking place at the new, now devastated base. Hence, the need for SG-1 characters. Now I know there's a communication device that they use to talk with earth, but I can't imagine that many episodes tied into that.

So anyway, i think this is good for the S/J ship, too. Although I haven't thought too far ahead about that. What do you guys think?

Spoiler:
          The other possibility is that it could be essentially area 51 moved off-world, but not to our moon.
          Spoiler:
          Very well thought out! I agree it all sounds very plausible, and would explain how there's seemingly going to be a lot of Jack in SGU. I still like the shippy moonbase explanation though - I'm with Jann on that, but I reckon the two can be reconciled

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JOHN_AND_TEYLA_FOR_LIFE!!!
          sigpic
          Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Originally posted by josiane View Post
            Spoiler:
            Very well thought out! I agree it all sounds very plausible, and would explain how there's seemingly going to be a lot of Jack in SGU. I still like the shippy moonbase explanation though - I'm with Jann on that, but I reckon the two can be reconciled

Spoiler:
            Of course they can. What does Sam have to do with building a moonbase? She was on Atlantis! And what else is she going to say in front of Cam- "Excuse us while we go make out in the supply closet?." Although, she probably could have. No doubt he's caught them there before- by the look on his face when she said that. I think he was about to roll his eyes, don't you?

Comment

Spoiler:
              Of course they can. What does Sam have to do with building a moonbase? She was on Atlantis! And what else is she going to say in front of Cam- "Excuse us while we go make out in the supply closet?." Although, she probably could have. No doubt he's caught them there before- by the look on his face when she said that. I think he was about to roll his eyes, don't you?
              Exactly!

Spoiler:
              Added to the fact that neither Sam nor Jack were around for the last scene in Continumm.

I can see Cam, Teal'c and Daniel hanging a freshly made "Moon Base" sign over the Supply Closet door and just hanging around for Sam and/or Jack to walk by
              sigpic
              sig by Mada
              As a matter of FIC

Comment

Spoiler:
                Spoiler:
                If only we would get a scene where Sam says..."excuse me Cam, but I've gotta go and have hot steamin' ...gutter...with general O'Neill"

But you are right...Sam has just returned from Atlantis, she can't be doing something in the SG1 at that moment as well or the moonbase must have been on Atlantis...which, in that case, won't go through anymore because Atlantis isn't on the same place anymore...it's now on Earth.

So, I think, it can only be a synonym for something else. [size-1] at least my shippy mind says that[/size]

Two wp's for the ones that would like to see it

(click on thumbnails for larger view)

I hope y'all like them
                sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:
                  Spoiler:
                  Yeah! I like the way you think!
                  sigpic
                  Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Originally posted by starlover View Post
                    Spoiler:
                    If only we would get a scene where Sam says..."excuse me Cam, but I've gotta go and have hot steamin' ...gutter...with general O'Neill"

But you are right...Sam has just returned from Atlantis, she can't be doing something in the SG1 at that moment as well or the moonbase must have been on Atlantis...which, in that case, won't go through anymore because Atlantis isn't on the same place anymore...it's now on Earth.

So, I think, it can only be a synonym for something else. [size-1] at least my shippy mind says that[/size]

Two wp's for the ones that would like to see it

[URL=http://s16.photobucket.com/albums/b15/wyattrulezz/Posters/rdaatwp2004.jpg]http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b15/wyattrulezz/Posters/th_rdaatwp2004.jpg/URL]

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b15/wyattrulezz/Posters/th_wpsj200409.jpg
                    (click on thumbnails for larger view)

I hope y'all like them
                    Nice Starlover.
                    sigpic
                    sig by Mada
                    As a matter of FIC

Comment

Originally posted by Amalthea View Post
                      Afternoon shippers... BtS is on TV right now... I love the little looks that Jack gives Sam. It's the "I've got something important to say to you" look every time she walks away. It's so angsty!
                      Yep I was watching it too
                      I thought this time that he does seem to be acting as if he wants to ask her out almost (not sure what the slave-labour-ice-age equivalent is..)

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
                      Yeah I like the way he goes to follow them and then suddenly goes "oh! um I'm just going to be over here..."

sigpicMy Fanfic

Comment

A fic rec:

The Tide Will Wash it Away
                        http://www.sjalways-forever.jackands...y.php?sid=3121

Comment

Blimey, it's pages and pages of SGU spoiler here... who'd have thought we'd have so much to say about it. Then again:

Spoiler:
                          Jack and Sam. Hopefully in at least one episode together and I won't care if they're cosying up behind the Stargate or just 100% professional just to see them together on screen again. Oh I hope, I hope, I hope. *sigh*

Further musings about the moonbase. Not sure f this needs spoilering so, heck, I will anyway:

Spoiler:

What's to say the "moonbase" can't be both an actual moonbase as well as a metaphor for something more, um, personal? Let's face it, fishing turned out that way in the end.

Originally posted by Blacky Kitten View Post
                          Happy Birthday john_and_teyla_for_life!!!
                          Congrats On 9700 Alan!!!
                          Oh and from me too! Alan I think we need a sweepstake on when you're going to reach 10,000 posts. Before the end of the week for sure!

Originally posted by UhSir View Post
                          Um, sitting in during the viewing is a protest how? j/k
                          Oh, and my tongue is permanently tangled from trying to say metamorphositissithisssitsssthtiss.
                          I was thinking something along the lines of throwing half smoked broccoli stalks at the ParadiseLostians and heckling "Little looks and shoulder leans, do da do da" (to the tune of...uh, actually don't what so insert-your-own-ditty)

And you should have seen the trouble I had spelling it. language is organic and all that

Originally posted by mad_gater View Post
                          - *tsk tsk*....you....in the gutter.....what is this world coming to.......we're supposed to be innocent....you're giving us Christians a bad name.....*surreptitiously dries gutter water off self*.....
                          Spoiler:

Yeah, riiight. You know, based on my albiet limited experience of the "demure young ladies" from Gumley House (a catholic girl's school near me), Christians don't need any help giving themseleves a bad name in that department.

Originally posted by UhSir View Post
                          [SPOILERS]*hops on the vibe wave to TPTB* OoOoO! I love this idea to bits!!!

Okay, "romantic" for me, in the case of Sam and Jack and because we've had all these years of teasing and taunting, can only be in the form of seeing them getting together for real for the first time. That is the only time this relationship will be the most romantic because there have been way too many tried and failed or taken away or myriad other tragic times. I think we deserve to see the most titillating scene ever. And no, I am absolutely not talking about wanting to see Sam and Jack in a sexual scene *shudders and twitches from memories of Chimera and * because that would simply be the biggest insult ever.

No, I'm just talking about romantic, devoted, absolute love.

I'm a pitiful sap, I know. I probably should just stick to watching old movies from the 40s.
                          Aw, you know you have a point. There's something very evocative about the sweep-off-your-feet-old-movie-style kiss. All manly manliness women needing manly men protecting them and all that repressed passion. It's why, I think, the WoO kiss is so awesome. He literally sweeps her off her feet. Even the most ardent feminist would have been up for that and then some.

More fic and video links... goodie! Off to look at in a moment so I will probably be back for kudos for all those who recc'd and made them.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by trinity3 View Post
                            Exactly!

Spoiler:
                            Added to the fact that neither Sam nor Jack were around for the last scene in Continumm.

I can see Cam, Teal'c and Daniel hanging a freshly made "Moon Base" sign over the Supply Closet door and just hanging around for Sam and/or Jack to walk by
                            I could see Vala being the one to create the sign and getting the guys to help her hang the sign, and then all of them sort of hanging around to see what happens.

Comment

Originally posted by trinity3 View Post
                              Good morrrrnniiiiiig Shippers!

Thanks sg-1fanintn.

It's good to see you

Now that's funny.

Nice!

Yeah. It seems that's everyone's idea based on the fics I've read.

But it makes sense. It's nice though seeing how we interpret the reaction to the same situation. Mine's a bit more angsty than those I've read which were all good.

I just did it to clear all the questions from my head. Sam not with Jack

Hmm, maybe I'll clean it up and post it too

So how's everyone doing?

Are we all shipperfantastic?
                              Thank you!
                              sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post

Spoiler:

Yeah, riiight. You know, based on my albiet limited experience of the "demure young ladies" from Gumley House (a catholic girl's school near me), Christians don't need any help giving themseleves a bad name in that department.
                                Although
                                Spoiler:
                                you may have a point, I feel it necessary to mention that not only Catholic girls go to Catholic schools.

I'm just sayin'.

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                                I could see Vala being the one to create the sign and getting the guys to help her hang the sign, and then all of them sort of hanging around to see what happens.
                                Yes! You KNOW Vala would either happily be an instigtor, or try to protect Sam so that she could pull her into a quiet corner to get the full scoop later on.
                                sigpic
                                sig by Mada
                                As a matter of FIC

Comment

Working...
                                X