This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sappho View Post
    This will be short-ish and all one paragraph because I m posting with my PHONE. LOL, GW is so addictive. Anyhoo, I wanted to direct someone to the shippy-guttery moon base fic on ff.net but can't post a link. You know, the one where Jack misunderstands Sam's comment aboit a moon base as code for *ahem* other things? And also, I would like to say a big old YOU WERE RIGHT to whomever (man how I miss my multiquote) said I'd start to seee ship in EVERY episode. Was watching Promethius today and at the point where it is announced that the ship has gone into orbit (Sam is outside of a working airlock) there's Jack in the background biting his lip, looking devastated!! Man, it was so touching. Ship ship everywhere. Ok, gotta go, typing with my thumbs here. G'night!
    Whats the name of the story? we can search for it.
    thanks

Comment

Hi Family "waves"
      I realize I'm usually on here in the middle of the night when most people are home asleep in bed ( the problem w/ working night shift for almost 30 years). Not the chattiest person around but finally getting the hang of this forum thing. Have finally found the link to take me to last read post - makes catch up so much easier. Now I just need to figure out what "greening" is ??
      Thanks to all for the recent wonderful fic recs. Every now and then I even run across someone I haven't read before- so cool.

I BELIEVE

Comment

Originally posted by Devilish Me View Post
        Here it is!

*runs to the art thread*
        Thanks, Dee!!! I'll watch it right now!!

Happy Birthday john_and_teyla_for_life!!!
        Congrats On 9700 Alan!!!
        sigpic

Comment

Devilish Me I love your vid, I just saw it and it's great! *puts it on Ipod*

Originally posted by Everlovin View Post
          I've been playing with new techniques making sigs. What do you think?
          Looks good

Originally posted by thors mom View Post
          Hi Family "waves"
          I realize I'm usually on here in the middle of the night when most people are home asleep in bed ( the problem w/ working night shift for almost 30 years). Not the chattiest person around but finally getting the hang of this forum thing. Have finally found the link to take me to last read post - makes catch up so much easier. Now I just need to figure out what "greening" is ??
          Thanks to all for the recent wonderful fic recs. Every now and then I even run across someone I haven't read before- so cool.

I BELIEVE
          Lol, you don't post late in my timezone...10 am...normally I would have been awake and on school/uni...and thus posting...but it's my day off...so I slept in...or...longer...

As for greening...you see that little scale in the corner of someone's post....the grey one...press on it and you can type a message in the box that opens...press...okay(or approve or something I can't really remember what it exactly says) and you've greened someone.

Do you want to see if people have greened you...go to your control window and it shows the last 15 greens in there...your total amount of greens is in the right corner of the "window" that hold your greens...

The Moonbase(spoilers SGU/movies) speculation:
          Spoiler:
          I don't really think that the moonbase is something really shippy. I can see that Sam and Jack are working on a new scientific project and Sam got excited with it..and that is the moonbase. (in my heart it is still guttery though)

If I think about the Icarus base in SGU, I can see that this base, and the moonbase are one and the same. This would also, perhaps, explain why Sam and Jack are in the series...Sam is there because she helpt build the base and Jack is there coz he is the leader of Homeworld security and the base is also under his command.

I would love to see a moonbase, it would, like others said, explain a few things regarding the SG project and the money involved...certainly if you also know where Atlantis is now.

How I see this concerning the S/J ship...

I think this can only be bad for the ship, because if S/J still have to discuss this etc. then it means Sam is probably still under Jack's command and they are than not together...which I just cannot believe with all the hints we've gotten over the last few years.

I also read something about movie 3 and S/J getting together there.

Like I said before, with all the hints we've gotten I just can't see that happening. It could be good for getting new audience compared to another already solved ship, but think about it, in how many movies is the ship already solved...and goes in the movie through a difficult time...I would like to see that of S/J.

A good scenerio, in my opinion, would be that Sam is away with the Hammond, returning home, for Jack to retire...and something happens on the Icarus base...she goes there...doesn't go through the stargate with the others...stays here and get hurt. During this Jack finds it out and goes of, together with the rest of the old SG1, to find Sam. (who perhaps is taken by the bad guys)

Lots of action...some subtle ship with in the end happy ship when they see each other again...awesome
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by trinity3 View Post

How

Cool

Are

You!

Originally posted by Treknik View Post
            Not only did I like it, Devilish Me, but I loved it. From the music to the scenes, everything flowed. I love the beat and the movement from scene to scene was great.

I need to figure out how to green you.
            Thank you thank you thank you!!!!

WONDERFUL!!!!

Originally posted by VSS View Post
            Hey guys, why are the eps out of order in the Season 1 DVDs compared to GW's list? And does it matter if you're watching them in order?
            As far as I know GW's list is the right one, but it makes no difference.
            sigpic
            Big thanks to josi for avi and sig

Comment

Originally posted by starlover View Post

Looks good

Lol, you don't post late in my timezone...10 am...normally I would have been awake and on school/uni...and thus posting...but it's my day off...so I slept in...or...longer...

As for greening...you see that little scale in the corner of someone's post....the grey one...press on it and you can type a message in the box that opens...press...okay(or approve or something I can't really remember what it exactly says) and you've greened someone.

Do you want to see if people have greened you...go to your control window and it shows the last 15 greens in there...your total amount of greens is in the right corner of the "window" that hold your greens...

Spoiler:
              I don't really think that the moonbase is something really shippy. I can see that Sam and Jack are working on a new scientific project and Sam got excited with it..and that is the moonbase. (in my heart it is still guttery though)

If I think about the Icarus base in SGU, I can see that this base, and the moonbase are one and the same. This would also, perhaps, explain why Sam and Jack are in the series...Sam is there because she helpt build the base and Jack is there coz he is the leader of Homeworld security and the base is also under his command.

I would love to see a moonbase, it would, like others said, explain a few things regarding the SG project and the money involved...certainly if you also know where Atlantis is now.

I think this can only be bad for the ship, because if S/J still have to discuss this etc. then it means Sam is probably still under Jack's command and they are than not together...which I just cannot believe with all the hints we've gotten over the last few years.

Like I said before, with all the hints we've gotten I just can't see that happening. It could be good for getting new audience compared to another already solved ship, but think about it, in how many movies is the ship already solved...and goes in the movie through a difficult time...I would like to see that of S/J.

A good scenerio, in my opinion, would be that Sam is away with the Hammond, returning home, for Jack to retire...and something happens on the Icarus base...she goes there...doesn't go through the stargate with the others...stays here and get hurt. During this Jack finds it out and goes of, together with the rest of the old SG1, to find Sam. (who perhaps is taken by the bad guys)

Lots of action...some subtle ship with in the end happy ship when they see each other again...awesome
              Spoiler:
              I don't think we'd have to worry about Sam being directly under Jack's command just because she wants to talk about the moonbase, and I still think she said it just to have an excuse to get way. I don't think they plan that far ahead anyway! But as I said, the Icarus uniforms indicate the base is not Air Force. The IOA appears to be in charge. And she's on a ship, anyway. There's probably at least one more general (admiral?) between her and Jack.

Anyway, I LOVE your idea for Sam being involved somehow and getting into trouble! Holy cow what a lead in for the next movie! Heck, she could be kidnapped for an entire nine months! I love, love this idea. It would be beyond brilliant for TPTB to do this, but they've always woven things in the different shows together so well. People complain that SGU is a spinoff of SG-1 but what if the movie is a spinoff of SGU? And it doesn't even have to be a base on our moon- in fact, if it isn't, it makes it all the more likely that Sam is involved in a rescue (because the gate has been destroyed).

Oh, imagine the angst!! They don't need to contrive them getting together for the first time in the movie if she's gone missing for a year!

It makes complete sense to me. Well, I can't explain where Walter fits in, but I'm sure that'll come to me. Can I write a fic about it?

Okay, I'm through fangirling you. For now.

Comment

This will be short-ish and all one paragraph because I m posting with my PHONE. LOL, GW is so addictive. Anyhoo, I wanted to direct someone to the shippy-guttery moon base fic on ff.net but can't post a link. You know, the one where Jack misunderstands Sam's comment aboit a moon base as code for *ahem* other things? And also, I would like to say a big old YOU WERE RIGHT to whomever (man how I miss my multiquote) said I'd start to seee ship in EVERY episode. Was watching Promethius today and at the point where it is announced that the ship has gone into orbit (Sam is outside of a working airlock) there's Jack in the background biting his lip, looking devastated!! Man, it was so touching. Ship ship everywhere. Ok, gotta go, typing with my thumbs here. G'night!
                Originally posted by thors mom View Post
                Whats the name of the story? we can search for it.
                thanks
                Here it is!!! Project Moon Base by a.loquita M rated!

P.S. THANK YOU STARLOVER *grins like a fool*
                sigpic
                Big thanks to josi for avi and sig

Comment

Spoiler:
                  I don't think we'd have to worry about Sam being directly under Jack's command just because she wants to talk about the moonbase, and I still think she said it just to have an excuse to get way. I don't think they plan that far ahead anyway! But as I said, the Icarus uniforms indicate the base is not Air Force. The IOA appears to be in charge. And she's on a ship, anyway. There's probably at least one more general (admiral?) between her and Jack.

Anyway, I LOVE your idea for Sam being involved somehow and getting into trouble! Holy cow what a lead in for the next movie! Heck, she could be kidnapped for an entire nine months! I love, love this idea. It would be beyond brilliant for TPTB to do this, but they've always woven things in the different shows together so well. People complain that SGU is a spinoff of SG-1 but what if the movie is a spinoff of SGU? And it doesn't even have to be a base on our moon- in fact, if it isn't, it makes it all the more likely that Sam is involved in a rescue (because the gate has been destroyed).

Oh, imagine the angst!! They don't need to contrive them getting together for the first time in the movie if she's gone missing for a year!

It makes complete sense to me. Well, I can't explain where Walter fits in, but I'm sure that'll come to me. Can I write a fic about it?

*blushes*

Spoiler:
                  Oh that explains a lot and makes me feel better! I don't want Sam still under Jack's command, but you are right they can still talk about it...if it was really...a moonbase...

It would make a nice tie in with the other series

but anyway...you make write a fic about it I would feel honored..

Here it is!!! Project Moon Base by a.loquita M rated!

P.S. THANK YOU STARLOVER *grins like a fool*
                  You're welcome!

and thanks for the fic...I think I've read it...but "moonbase" fics are always fun!
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by UhSir View Post
                    Keeping the IMG tags so I can caption:

Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine.

Hopeless romantic I am, I am.
                    Though I may be in the gutter...a lot I'm a hopeless romantic as well

Also there's this scene when Jack gets out of the car where the ship is-
                    O'NEILL
                    (yelling)
                    Major Davis!

[Davis hears him and leaves the tent to meet him.]

O'NEILL
                    (yelling)
                    What the hell happened?!

DAVIS
                    Approximately 0900 this morning, the X-303 was put into lock down mode. At 0920, we received a communication from someone inside the ship informing us that they had destabilized the hyperdrive. They're threatening to blow it.

O'NEILL
                    I don't believe it.
                    (yelling)
                    I do not believe this!

DAVIS
                    We are getting energy readings that confirm an overload building in the ship's generator.

O'NEILL
                    (yelling)
                    This is supposedly the most secure facility on the face of the planet!

He is so ticked off...I just love that part

Spoiler:

SGU-
                    Spoiler:
                    About the bolded part...nine months?...nine months? Please not nine months!! Three months...that's still a little long But I will be Completely devastated if it is more then three months. I love the thought of Jack going after her as well...just not nine months...my poor little shippy heart will be crushed

My Fanfiction My Sam/Jack vids (yahoo) My LJ
                    Thanks everyone for my b-day icons and sigs!
                    Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by trinity3 View Post
                      Hi everyone!...

I also wrote a fic based on the events of 2010. In mine he's just upset about the agreements made with the Ashen and disappears. When he gets back, Sam's with Joe.

At least that's the way it plays in my head. ...
                      That's basically my take on what happened too. Jack got fed up with no one listening to him about the Ashen and just left. Sam probably worked with Joe, they got to be friends then, with Jack gone, they grew closer and finally marrried.

Thanks for the kind words about my fic. And thanks again to Amanda for recc'ing it.

Okay, here's a complete word-for-word repost. I actually started thinking about this because of Alan anyway, and something APA said a while back. But it seems kind of OT so I didn't know where to put it. :

I have questions for anyone who's been following the plans for SGU. I don't know where to ask them so i thought I'd try here since shippers seem less likely to say "What an idiot!" in response to stupid questions! And it kind of doesn't have that much to do with SGU so much as the future of SG-1.

Spoiler:
                      So I finally got around to watching the SGU trailers and, aside from the jerky camera action which I'm going to attribute to being due mostly to the fact that it's a montage- I liked it. It doesn't seem as melodramatic as BSG. So far, so good.

But here's my question. Lots of people have been guessing that the Icarus base might be on our moon. At first I was resistant to that idea because I love the tie-in with the Air Force, but times do change. One of these days the US was going to have to give up the gate, and it's kind of like the UN, who wants to pay for it anyway when it can be such a pain in the neck?

Also, the events of EatG indicate that something is going on, anyway. Landry being away on a task force and the Odyssey being on a secret mission, for starters. And Alan made a very good point that Icarus is a crater on the far side of the moon, near locations Daedulus and Korolev.

So here's a few things I know:
                      Icarus base is very big, and apparently underground. It's supposed to be secret (well, isn't everything?). It's very important and evidently thought to be pretty safe because they've got visiting dignitaries and others who don't belong anywhere near the front lines. And they have their very own uniforms. So this base is at least as important as Atlantis, which also warranted its own uniforms.

The gate appears to be a Milky Way gate, and it looks like the gate room, only updated. In fact, it looks like our gate. Our point of origin is on it, I think.

The IOA appears to be in on this, if not running the whole show. Because of the uniforms and the presence of the IOA, I'm thinking the SGC doesn't have much to do with this.

Jack O'Neill is going to be in about 6 episodes. Six! That's a lot for it having to do with some off-world base. Especially when the series is supposed to be about the Destiny. In the very first episode they're already on the ship. And why Walter? He's never left earth before (200 doesn't count.) But we know the control room has been taken down. (Edit: Thanks to Amanda for pointing out he went off-world in Fallen. Still, why now?)

Okay, so here's my theory. I think the earth gate gets moved to the moon for safety's sake and to share it with other countries. It gets attacked, and not only is the first season dealing with the Destiny, there's a fair amount taking place at the new, now devastated base. Hence, the need for SG-1 characters. Now I know there's a communication device that they use to talk with earth, but I can't imagine that many episodes tied into that.

So anyway, i think this is good for the S/J ship, too. Although I haven't thought too far ahead about that. What do you guys think?

Spoiler:
                      The other possibility is that it could be essentially area 51 moved off-world, but not to our moon.
                      Spoiler:
                      There may be a simpler explaination for the new base. Cheyenne Mountain is closing in the real world; maybe it is in the SG world too. As for the moonbase I tend to think it is for ships &/or a replacement Alpha site, not the new location for the Earth Gate. Atlantis probably isn't an issue since TPTB had apparently intended to have them go back to Pegasus in Season 6, now I guess it will be in the movie if it ever happens.
                      DDC

Comment

Originally posted by Alan View Post
                        Dedicating this, my 9,700th, posting to sg-1fanintn.
                        Congrats on 9700th post, Alan!

Happy Birthday,
                        john_and_teyla_for_life!
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by starlover View Post

Looks good

Spoiler:

Thank you thank you thank you!!!!

WONDERFUL!!!!

As far as I know GW's list is the right one, but it makes no difference.
                          Thanks, guys!
                          sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

Originally posted by Regularamanda View Post
                            SGU-
                            Spoiler:
                            About the bolded part...nine months?...nine months? Please not nine months!! Three months...that's still a little long But I will be Completely devastated if it is more then three months. I love the thought of Jack going after her as well...just not nine months...my poor little shippy heart will be crushed
                            Spoiler:
                            Well, if Sam's in SGU, you have to calculate out the time from when she is lost to when she is found. So that's up to how fast they have to get that movie done. I just can't see them sticking in guest appearances randomly like they did with Atlantis and AT is too busy to do it unless it's for a darn good reason She already said she wasn't going to be in SGU, yet here she is. So I doubt its for a cameo.

Originally posted by ddc View Post
                            Spoiler:
                            There may be a simpler explaination for the new base. Cheyenne Mountain is closing in the real world; maybe it is in the SG world too. As for the moonbase I tend to think it is for ships &/or a replacement Alpha site, not the new location for the Earth Gate. Atlantis probably isn't an issue since TPTB had apparently intended to have them go back to Pegasus in Season 6, now I guess it will be in the movie if it ever happens.
                            Spoiler:
                            Yes, but if the SGC is moving, where is it going? It would be the prime opportunity for it to be fully internationalized and with the IOA pulling the strings they'd want that. If they move it to the moon, it has to be under IOA control, because the moon is neutral territory, like Antarctica. I think that's already been established in RL. The moon can't be an Apha site because of the issue with two gates too close together (they're definitely way too close) plus it's not much of an Alpha site being so close, whatever is after us here would probably find us there.

It definitely could just be a base for building ships and research, since Area 51 was partially destroyed. The moon base could be that, or the Icarus base could be that.

The thing is, the Icarus is a darned important base, whatever it is. It's too important to be some random off-world area that's under attack, and it appears to have our gate with our point of origin on it. There are reasons why our gate would no longer be on earth (we've been attacked, Cheyenne Mountain is closing, the IOA wants control). The one thing that makes sense is that our gate has been moved, and it is at the Icarus base.

Comment

Good morrrrnniiiiiig Shippers!

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn View Post
                              Hi, gang! I'm playing catch-up. Between RL and working on my fic (both of which are driving me crazy at the moment), I haven't been on the thread much the last few days.

But as I'm playing catchup, I'm noticing what you've all been up to, and I just want to say:

Congratulations, trinity3, on 600 posts!!! [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/CENTER][/I][/B]
                              Thanks sg-1fanintn.

It's good to see you

Originally posted by Alan View Post

Hear, hear. I can't see there being confirmation of S/J ship in Stargate: Universe but there's certainly room for some playfulness. I'd much rather have confirmation in Movie III anyway I think. With a movie which is supposed to heavily feature Sam and Jack in big ways...seems like the perfect place to do it. If TPTB miss it...I won't be best pleased. But I honestly cannot see that happening. 2010 - this will be the year. I can feel it in my bones...even my funny bones are taking this seriously.
                              Now that's funny.

Nice!

Originally posted by ddc View Post
                              That's basically my take on what happened too. Jack got fed up with no one listening to him about the Ashen and just left. Sam probably worked with Joe, they got to be friends then, with Jack gone, they grew closer and finally marrried.
                              Yeah. It seems that's everyone's idea based on the fics I've read.

But it makes sense. It's nice though seeing how we interpret the reaction to the same situation. Mine's a bit more angsty than those I've read which were all good.

I just did it to clear all the questions from my head. Sam not with Jack

Hmm, maybe I'll clean it up and post it too

So how's everyone doing?

Are we all shipperfantastic?
                              sigpic
                              sig by Mada
                              As a matter of FIC

Comment

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
                                Please do
                                sigpicMy Fanfic

Comment

Working...
                                X