Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jack/Sam, Sam/Thor, Daniel/Sarah, Teal'c/Ishta, Sheppard/Chaya.
    gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
    so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
    love Torri

Comment

Jack and Laira, because 100 days was a great episode, she was good enough for jack to be wiling to forget earth, and I'm fairly certain Jack knocked her up so it would be the honourable thing to do...

In hindsight I think 100 days could have been a great way to explain Jack's absence in season 9, like if it were a two parter beginning as the last episode of season 8 and in the first of season 9, where we see him finally settle down on Edora, and when they manage to open the gate, he decides to stay.

Of course, I think I'd like to see Daniel and Sarah, Sam and Pete, and Teal'c and that chick who used to live next door to him.

Star Trek Reborn

Comment

After answering that I can see I ship minority ships...
        I went for:

Sam/Martouf (aw!)
        Daniel/Sarah (interesting one)
        Teal'c/Shau'nac (short lived...)
        Teal'c/Ishta (might even have a future!)
        Sam/Narim (I live in hope Narim lives..)
        Sam/Pete (for angst)
        Other Ship

Of course there were other ships I sometimes go for and none that I was anti. Everyone has their preferneces whether its ship or not. Mostly i like ship for fanfic.

I also quite like AU Carter/ AU Daniel, Ba'al/Sam too, oh Jonas/Nurrti, and almsot forgot Jack/Anise/Freya.
        And crossover ships of McKay/Carter and possibly Daniel/Weir (even Torri mentioned it in an interview!)

And then there's the 'humourous' ships. Ba'al/Wall, Ba'al/mirror, Ba'al/everyone, Ba'al/doom...the list goes on and on and on

Is there going to be an Atlantis poll for this? Because there are some crazy ships around in SGa, Kavanagh with anyone, Wraith/Human etc. Would be fun to see what people'd pick for that poll but I guess there might be too many ships to list for that one

Was also confused by the fandom unity. I didn't vote because of that. I guessed it was related to the idea of ship factions but I ship for alot of ships and I'd hope that shipping doesn't automatically equate to ship wars in peoples eyes.

Any having read the thread through i'm off to watch Marty's Jack/ba'al vid...
        Last edited by Purpleyin; 30 March 2005, 04:39 AM.

Comment

I liked the Sheperd/Ascended episode, mainly cause I like the idea that some characters are more special then other humans, that they were MEANT to do something big and weren't just products of random luck.

Star Trek Reborn

Comment

Sam/Jack is the runaway leader with 56.25%
            gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
            so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
            love Torri

Comment

Jack/Sam seem to me, the perfect combination
              "A general is only as good as the people he commands."

Comment

Hmm...I liked Sam/Martouf and Sam/Pete; fortunately not both at once. Also my pet ships, Fifth/Sam and Fifth/Replicarter, for the unactualized potential, and the lovely emotional eps. it caused. For Daniel, Sha're. Always. Though you never know what could've been between him and Oma...

Comment

don't you follow Sam/Ba'al as well? i know i do
                  'Nou ani anquietus' - 'We are the Ancients:’ teachers of roads and builders of the 'gate.

Comment

I voted for "other ship" since my favourite pairing of all Stargate shows is Sam/McKay.

I felt those two had the best chemistry and sparks of any pairing. Of course, those sparks were more like lightning bolts, but...
                    sigpic
                    http://www.nerdtests.com/ft_space.php

Comment

Stargate is one of those shows that is poorly served by 'shippy plots. Any of the popular relationships undermines the premise of the show... and yet folks get themselves all a flutter.

Comment

hehe... the only two i REALLY ship for would be baal/sam and sam/fifth...

but obviously i have way too much fun with lots of goofy ships as well

Comment

Originally posted by emily_reich
                          hehe... the only two i REALLY ship for would be baal/sam and sam/fifth...

but obviously i have way too much fun with lots of goofy ships as well
                          Excellent examples.

How do you get those relationships to actually happen without ruining the show? I'd be curious to hear the scenarios you enjoy fantasizing about to bring these to "fruition".

Taking it to the next step, why do relationships that would "screw the pooch" in terms of entertainment float you boat? I enjoy the show to a certain degree, which means I don't want to see these things happen, and I find them actually distasteful as ideas. For example, I like Scooby Doo from my youth, but a Scooby Doo/Stargate crossover would be awful, so I don't waste time thinking about it.

Comment

*shudders at very THOUGHT of scooby doo in any way mixing with stargate*

who ever said i want my ships to actually be relationships on the show?? i mean, it'd be lots of fun if they did, but honestly, i DON'T see it happening... but that's not why i ship... for SG1, i ship usually (well entirely actually) for characters that i saw a connection between in some way on the show which i think deserves some fun attention and some fanfics SINCE i doubt it'll ever happen on the show!!!

honestly, i think non-shippers take our shipping more seriously than we do...

Comment

I voted for I don't Ship. I let the relationships come what may.

Comment

Originally posted by emily_reich
                                *shudders at very THOUGHT of scooby doo in any way mixing with stargate*
                                To me, that's about on par with a Baal/Sam or other clearly non-sequitur relationship.

who ever said i want my ships to actually be relationships on the show??
                                Then to me, the question is, why bother?

i mean, it'd be lots of fun if they did, but honestly, i DON'T see it happening... but that's not why i ship... for SG1, i ship usually (well entirely actually) for characters that i saw a connection between in some way on the show which i think deserves some fun attention and some fanfics SINCE i doubt it'll ever happen on the show!!!
                                No, that's not my point. Not the 'ships that you DOUBT will happen, but the ones you KNOW won't happen. A relationship that COULD happen makes some sense to me. Jack/Janet 'shippers make some measure of sense. She's not in his direct line of command, etc. The relationship COULD happen and yet not invalidate the show or the show's premise.

It's the ones that invalidate the show that get me.

honestly, i think non-shippers take our shipping more seriously than we do...
                                Actually, I didn't pay much attention, but the phenomenal fanboy and fangirl flames that erupt convinced me otherwise. Silly is one thing, but when folks start getting angry about it, oh my, then there's a bit more to the phenomenon than THAT now, isn't there?

Comment

Working...
                                X