Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kimberley Jackson View Post
    As for argument... I am not sure. Sam seems to be pretty cleanly, whereas Jack's house looked a bit chaotic when they arrived there unexpectedly. So he can probably be a bit of a slob. Then again, Sam doesn't seem to use her own house much, but often sleep on base, so her perceived cleanliness when it comes to the household might be an error.
    The times we saw Jack's house, I thought it was very tidy. The exception being in "Fragile Balance" when the team and Jack's clone went to his house, and the dining room table was littered with food and beer bottles. That's the only time his house seemed cluttered. I've always thought he must have had a housekeeper to tidy up his house on a regular basis (a housekeeper approved by the SGC, that is )

I can see Sam following his "orders" at first, but very soon realizing she doesn't have to and then putting a stop to it.

Comment

I can see them start to argue about different work morals at some point though. Sam working over-hours or pulling all-nighters or getting lost in some doohickey's while Jack is waiting for her at home?
      that i can see!

i started reading a fic a few mins ago that kind of has some of the new relationship misunderstandings to it. sam and jack are both used to being just to themselves when they leave the base. now it's not 'me' but 'us'.
      sally

sigpic

Comment

Let us know if its good- all my fics are in an updating lull at the moment and I've finished my latest book so am in desperate need of new reading material and would def be interested in seeing that explored
        Last edited by cyced; 29 June 2014, 01:25 PM.

Comment

I can see them start to argue about different work morals at some point though. Sam working over-hours or pulling all-nighters or getting lost in some doohickey's while Jack is waiting for her at home?
          Actually, this is where I tend to disagree. Jack knows Sam is a workaholic and always has been, and honestly, if he expects that to change now that he's in the picture, then their relationship is doomed from the start. If there's one thing I expect from their relationship is that neither will try to "change" the other. They've been a part of each others lives for too long to disagree about each others foibles.

But, yes, I totally agree about the command structure. The shift in power dynamic to me is the most interesting part of their relationship.

Comment

It could be a point of argument later, when Jack has retired. But after season 8 ? I'd think Sam and Jack would try the best they can to spend their free time together... considering they probably had very little time and didn't really live together (how can you when work forces you to live in different cities... their only common home was probably the cabin and it's definitively a vacationy place, lost in the woods, away from both of their cities). But yeah, there would be moments when Jack would prefer her to relax (I mean, do you remember what happened to Teal'c's cellphone when Jack invited him fishing *no hidden meaning there* ?) and leave work at the working place. That can be a source of arguing.

Overall, I think adjusting to being a couple, without any command structure from work blending in... would be the real challenge (and I think it may be the first big challenge to get resolved... I don't think a couply relationship would be viable in the long run if neither of them really tried to change things for the sake of their private life). It's really important that they both got the professional and private sides of their life clearly separated from each other (when I look at alternate Sam/Jack from season 1, I get that they are able to make it work... who would have guessed those two were engaged before they hugged goodbye and Catherine told Daniel ? In that light, it might explains why our S/J appeared professional past season 8 *we only saw them in their work place*).

And the long distance relationship thing (I don't believe they could fall out of love... but the long distance thing could be painful at times... on the other hand, this also means that reuniting after a while would always feel kind of exciting... in many ways ). And Sam's near death experiences (Jack had a few but way less than Sam, for obvious reasons). Who said a pairing becomes boring once you put them together ? It's not true and I LOVE reading established/post season 8 Sam/Jack fanfics as a result. It's really interesting.
            Last edited by RadicalDreamer; 29 June 2014, 02:07 PM.
            My Tumblr.
            My Tumblr Art Blog.
            My Deviantart page.

Comment

Originally posted by ajay View Post
              Actually, this is where I tend to disagree. Jack knows Sam is a workaholic and always has been, and honestly, if he expects that to change now that he's in the picture, then their relationship is doomed from the start. If there's one thing I expect from their relationship is that neither will try to "change" the other. They've been a part of each others lives for too long to disagree about each others foibles.

But, yes, I totally agree about the command structure. The shift in power dynamic to me is the most interesting part of their relationship.
              Yes, but keep in mind that a relationship is some kind of commitment. Sam did that while she was single, and it was perfectly acceptable. But in a relationship, sometimes, you can't just think of yourself anymore. That doesn't mean you give up who you are, or that you change... Especially in their case it wouldn't. I think they're both mature enough (um... well, kinda... certain childish comments or short attention spans notwithstanding ) to not live under the illusion that they could change each other.
              But a relationship requires some work (in the sense of spending time together), and if one is not willing to put that work into it, then maybe one should reconsider whether it is the right partner.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that Jack would demand every single minute of her free time. They would be in a difficult long-distance relationship anyway. But I can imagine he would at least demand that she take some time off her doohickey's to spend time with him. I mean, imagine you're in a relationship, and you're still constantly spending your evenings alone, because your partner would rather pull 14 hour shifts at work than come home...
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by cyced View Post
                Let us know if its good- all my fics are in an updating lull at the moment and I've finished my latest book so am in desperate need of new reading material and would def be interested in seeing that explored
                Well, just if you're interested: in about 1-2 hours, I should have a new "Stargate Aschen" update online - finally! And it's gonna be steamy...

I'm revising my beta's corrections at the moment...
                sigpic

Comment

Yes, but keep in mind that a relationship is some kind of commitment. Sam did that while she was single, and it was perfectly acceptable. But in a relationship, sometimes, you can't just think of yourself anymore. That doesn't mean you give up who you are, or that you change... Especially in their case it wouldn't. I think they're both mature enough (um... well, kinda... certain childish comments or short attention spans notwithstanding ) to not live under the illusion that they could change each other.
                  But a relationship requires some work (in the sense of spending time together), and if one is not willing to put that work into it, then maybe one should reconsider whether it is the right partner.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that Jack would demand every single minute of her free time. They would be in a difficult long-distance relationship anyway. But I can imagine he would at least demand that she take some time off her doohickey's to spend time with him. I mean, imagine you're in a relationship, and you're still constantly spending your evenings alone, because your partner would rather pull 14 hour shifts at work than come home...
                  The only thing is, their relationship is kind of unique. I guess we should specify the difference between "playing with doohickeys" and "saving the galaxy". Two scenarios, for example: 1. Sam is just messing around with some technology for the sake of curiosity while Jack has one weekend away from DC, then yeah, Sam, get your butt home and be with your man. 2. Sam pulling an all nighter because it is the key to defeating the Ori/Wraith/other enemy, then sorry Jack you're on your own.
                  And I think they would both understand that. IMO Sam had waited for Jack for 8 years. Now that he's around, she isn't going to spend time away from him when she doesn't need to. And likewise Jack isn't going to deny her working when she needs to because he recognizes that work is a big part of her life.

Comment

Well, just if you're interested: in about 1-2 hours, I should have a new "Stargate Aschen" update online - finally! And it's gonna be steamy...

I'm revising my beta's corrections at the moment...
                    Woohoo!! I've been waiting (very very patiently) for the next update

Comment

This. Also, after all the forced time apart they had, I think Sam would be happy to spend time with him whenever it's possible (in some ways, maybe it might be a learning experience for her, finding a true balance in her life). There would be arguments at times, but I don't feel like it would be a deal breaker. And besides, it would not be like Jack to expect her to stop spending time on stuff she loves. He might complain sometimes, try to... err... distract her (you know how, lol), even worry about her (because losing sleep over anything can be bad for your health... but yeah, if the fate of the world was in the balance, he would understand... as a former member of the team and all that)... but he knows who she is. And he probably wouldn't be there/alive if it wasn't for who she is.
                      Last edited by RadicalDreamer; 29 June 2014, 02:26 PM.
                      My Tumblr.
                      My Tumblr Art Blog.
                      My Deviantart page.

Comment

Yay! Thanks kimberley, perfect timing!

Comment

Originally posted by ajay View Post
                          Woohoo!! I've been waiting (very very patiently) for the next update
                          Me too !
                          You know, Kimberley, you should consider writing original stories/novels. You seem pretty good at world building... and your writing is pretty impressive for a non native english person (I don't know how I would fare if I tried).
                          My Tumblr.
                          My Tumblr Art Blog.
                          My Deviantart page.

Comment

An excerpt from an upcoming fic...

Spoiler:
                            I miss your giggle. The one that I get to hear when my fingers trail down your neck from your ear to your collarbone. The one that lets me know you are right on the edge between ticklish or turned on. The one that somehow changes from a laugh to a purr when I hit all the right spots. The ones I get laying in the dark talking about nothing and everything. And, the ones that send me back to a time when a giggle gave me life in a cold dark cavern. Most people think that when you're naked, no one should be laughing, but I relish that sound, I crave it, and I will do anything for it.
                            sigpic

----------
                            FFN ----- AO3 ----------

Comment

Originally posted by RadicalDreamer View Post
                              Who said a pairing becomes boring once you put them together ? It's not true and I LOVE reading established/post season 8 Sam/Jack fanfics as a result. It's really interesting.
                              i love the established fics too!! when the walls are down and they get to act like normal ppl, that's when the fun begins.
                              sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RadicalDreamer View Post
                                Me too !
                                You know, Kimberley, you should consider writing original stories/novels. You seem pretty good at world building... and your writing is pretty impressive for a non native english person (I don't know how I would fare if I tried).
                                I have one in the making actually. A youth book series that I've been working on for years, but for some reason at the moment my muse lives for "Stargate Aschen". Also, writing for money has never been my motivation. On the contrary, if I write with the idea of getting money in the back of my mind, my writing is so much worse. It's like I am somehow corrupted by it... so at the moment I am just content writing whatever my muse whispers to me.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X