No announcement yet.

Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh my.....the alert just came in and I must resist reading it with my kids running around........."Okay kids...time for bed!"
    Originally posted by Kimberley Jackson View Post
    Well, just if you're interested: in about 1-2 hours, I should have a new "Stargate Aschen" update online - finally! And it's gonna be steamy...

I'm revising my beta's corrections at the moment...

Comment

Originally posted by Robinbishop1231 View Post
      Oh my.....the alert just came in and I must resist reading it with my kids running around........."Okay kids...time for bed!"
      Yeah...... definitely not a chapter you should read with kids around.
      sigpic

Comment

I just finished reading your latest chapter, Kimberley. That was... perfect ? I loved it anyway and I can't wait for the rest. And I think the little bits you take from the show kinda helps picturing things. That part at the end when you had Jack visit Sam in her lab... I was left all tingly inside, vividly remembering the adorableness from the original scene coupled with what happened in your fic.
        Also, I'd like to say... it's nice that you take the time to comment/interact with your readers. And give them the option to skip smutty stuff if they don't like it much (but I agree with you, with the way you wrote the story, some parts can't be cut).

Little confession here about smut. I used to cringe when it came up in fics and ultimately skipped the sexy part. I much prefered the cuddling after it. I don't know why exactly that was. Maybe because the show didn't have a lot of those and I felt guilty reading stuff like this about the characters (which could be awkward when coming back to the show... it felt like the characters were judging me or something lol), maybe I felt awkward about sex myself, maybe I didn't read the good fics... But it changed in the past few years. Now, I'm all opened to S/J smut fics.

Speaking of which, MidKnight Rider writes excellent stuff when it comes to this (her Moonlight and Steel series is probably the first time I embraced S/J smut, come to think about it... it's that good). And there is Primary Emotions by Amara that I remember well also. Tough and cliché fic topic the author chose... it's easy to mess it up (fics about rape... lot of people failed... even the show's writers sucked at this). But the entire fic was brilliant, I thought (with a great original character). And the last chapters were pretty hot and it put me in a weird situation where I felt like I shouldn't feel that way because of the risky/touchy issue but I couldn't really help it anyway (darn you, Jack).

EDIT : By the way, Kimberley, thanks for the Tumblr following.
        Last edited by RadicalDreamer; 29 June 2014, 08:52 PM.
        My Tumblr.
        My Tumblr Art Blog.
        My Deviantart page.

Comment

Originally posted by IamDKScully View Post
          An excerpt from an upcoming fic...

Spoiler:
          I miss your giggle. The one that I get to hear when my fingers trail down your neck from your ear to your collarbone. The one that lets me know you are right on the edge between ticklish or turned on. The one that somehow changes from a laugh to a purr when I hit all the right spots. The ones I get laying in the dark talking about nothing and everything. And, the ones that send me back to a time when a giggle gave me life in a cold dark cavern. Most people think that when you're naked, no one should be laughing, but I relish that sound, I crave it, and I will do anything for it.
          When, when when???
          No Sam w/o a Jack and no Jack w/o a Sam.
          It's like and immutable law of the multiverse.

Comment

Originally posted by RadicalDreamer View Post
            I just finished reading your latest chapter, Kimberley. That was... perfect ? I loved it anyway and I can't wait for the rest. And I think the little bits you take from the show kinda helps picturing things. That part at the end when you had Jack visit Sam in her lab... I was left all tingly inside, vividly remembering the adorableness from the original scene coupled with what happened in your fic.
            Also, I'd like to say... it's nice that you take the time to comment/interact with your readers. And give them the option to skip smutty stuff if they don't like it much (but I agree with you, with the way you wrote the story, some parts can't be cut).
            Yes, I put those scenes that remind you of the show in every now and then as some kind of an homage. Especially from chapter 30 on, I am exploring them in a relationship while they are still within a command structure. It had been said so many times on the show that they never did that, because they didn't want to reduce Sam to 'Jack's girl'. So I have a change to actually move past that and show them in a strong relationship both on- and off-duty without reducing Sam in any way.

And as for the reader interaction - it is I who have to thank the readers for their incredible engagement in the story. It makes the story better because it allows me to realize what I'm doing wrong. Especially in the beginning, there were a lot of comments and questions regarding the background, the resistance, the overall universe that I had created - so that's why I expanded the story beyond just Sam and Jack.
            And dear Lord, it is hard work. If I made one single mistake, somebody pointed it out. Some reviewers sometimes sent me long PMs and started going into discussions about the Aschen universe, and why the Aschen landed on Earth earlier and how it could all become possible. It felt like they really lost night's sleep over those questions; that's how thought-through their messages were. So I had to go back and completely invent every single facet of the universe to provide them with worthy answers - even if I didn't need it for the story. (And if I say that, what I mean is, even if I didn't write it in the story - it did help me a lot in writing to making myself aware of all the history and what happened, and why their society worked as it did. And I have the readers and reviewers to thank for that!)
            sigpic

Comment

I fell asleep before your update Kimberley so have to wait until tonight unfortunately to read it but I did have a nosey at your timeline and its brilliant- it really adds to the story in allowing the reader to track the development time wise. Great idea and thank you for all the hard work!

Comment

Originally posted by cyced View Post
                I fell asleep before your update Kimberley so have to wait until tonight unfortunately to read it but I did have a nosey at your timeline and its brilliant- it really adds to the story in allowing the reader to track the development time wise. Great idea and thank you for all the hard work!
                Ohhh!!! I'm so glad you like it!
                Yes, I've been working on it for months - the damn code kept driving me nuts. I'm not a programmer, and so I had to use my rudimentary coding skills in a trial&error method to make adjustments and get it to do what I wanted it to do. Some of the images gave me a headache too. Photoshopping Sam into a 25 year old wasn't easy, and I kept bugging my beta Channach with the picture, asking "Does she look 25 now?" and she had to keep telling me "No, she looks like photoshopped 35-year-old Amanda." Poor girl...

And the image of Sam before she cuts her long hair was one of the hardest tasks. I had to work to draw and photoshop clothes onto her that looked realistic, since the picture was actually one of those photoshopped adult Amanda pictures that float around the net.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Kimberley Jackson View Post
                  Ohhh!!! I'm so glad you like it!
                  Yes, I've been working on it for months - the damn code kept driving me nuts. I'm not a programmer, and so I had to use my rudimentary coding skills in a trial&error method to make adjustments and get it to do what I wanted it to do. Some of the images gave me a headache too. Photoshopping Sam into a 25 year old wasn't easy, and I kept bugging my beta Channach with the picture, asking "Does she look 25 now?" and she had to keep telling me "No, she looks like photoshopped 35-year-old Amanda." Poor girl...

And the image of Sam before she cuts her long hair was one of the hardest tasks. I had to work to draw and photoshop clothes onto her that looked realistic, since the picture was actually one of those photoshopped adult Amanda pictures that float around the net.
                  You are not programmer but you really know what you do and you always lost me with your techno babbling and have to make me education vids how to use my internet properly

And Yep I am such a poor girl being your beta and all You know I am kidding and that I love my beta job more then my real one and I am getting paid there. So that is something

You really are hard worker
                  sigpic

Comment

Since the comments have died away for a few hours, I just thought I'd toss in a little tidbit about my cat.

She's learning to come to me when I say "c'mere". Apparently I say it fairly often, and she's decided that means she should come to me.

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                      Since the comments have died away for a few hours, I just thought I'd toss in a little tidbit about my cat.

She's learning to come to me when I say "c'mere". Apparently I say it fairly often, and she's decided that means she should come to me.
                      Lol, I love it! I just realised I say that to the neighbour's cat all the time. To be fair it's usually preceded by 'Oi! Cat! C'mere!' (I don't know it's name) - So maybe not quite Jack O'Neill-style but it still counts, right?
                      Sam and Jack... Still the best romance on TV in years!

My fanfic http://www.fanfiction.net/~drawntotherhythm

Comment

Originally posted by AmberLM View Post
                        Lol, I love it! I just realised I say that to the neighbour's cat all the time. To be fair it's usually preceded by 'Oi! Cat! C'mere!' (I don't know it's name) - So maybe not quite Jack O'Neill-style but it still counts, right?
                        Actually, I think Jack would say something like that. So it counts.

Comment

Originally posted by AmberLM View Post
                          I'm picturing Jack saying this just before the hug in Death Knell: "Oi! Sam! C'mere". It kinda works

Comment

In the case of my cat, I would say "Cheyenne, c'mere". I adopted her from the local animal shelter and she came with the name. I figured with a name like that, she was meant for me.

Comment

*iz imagining S/J as a couple having a cat*

"Oi! Einstein! C'mere!"

sigpic
                              sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
                              "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

I heard (the more upbeat version of) this song today and IMMEDIATELY thought of S/J.

I totally blame ya'll's influence...
                                sigpic
                                sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
                                "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

Working...
                                X