Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AmberLM View Post
    Also, the beauty of SG-1 was that the ship and the team were not mutually exclusive. Ok, so they couldn't act on it whilst they were in the same team but the whole point was that they were unwilling to sacrifice the team for their personal feelings - it's one of the reasons we love them, right?
    EXACTLY why!

I believe that restraint, selflessness, and sense of honor added depth to the character and the interpersonal relationship: the reason we are still here discussing it...how many years after the show ended????

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
    My most favorite scene in those books was towards the end of the 2d book when Hammond was outside after he and several SG teams had secured the room where one of the big battles had happened. He was wondering where SG1 was and if they had survived this time. When out of the smoke and mist (as though in slow motion in my mind) appears his favorite team, looking quite the worse for wear, but alive. I got the shivers reading that scene. I could just see it playing out onscreen.

This would have made an excellent 2-3 part episode during the series.
    *high five*

Same exact way it played in my head, girl!

Originally posted by Kimberley Jackson View Post
    Doesn't that make anybody else happy? Cause... you know... it means, we're not just seeing things through our shippy glasses, because non-shippers see the same!
    *raises hand*

Yep...makes me stoopid-happy!! See the grin on my face?

Originally posted by UhSir View Post
    Sally is the reason I avoided fanfic while the show was running. She wrote Sam/Jack so good I would get confused between her stuff and the show.
    LOL -I can see that.

Sarah Carter, who at the moment is on "Falling Skies", as one of the main characters. Julie Benz, who is now on "Defiance", as one of the main characters.
    Sarah Carter looks like a good match. Her name makes a good match, too.

Originally posted by Nynaeve506 View Post
    I love Yvonne Strahovski, but she's a little to glamorous for Sam IMO. I think Anna Torv could pull it off though Haha, doing a Fringe rewatch so she's on my mind.
    Torv looks good. I don't know if I've seen her act.

I can see Morgan Freeman as General West.
    Morgan Freeman for Gen. HAMMOND, say I. >.<

Jennifer Lawrence looks great, and we know from her role as Katniss that she can handle the physical side of the acting (and she has spirit), but is likely too famous. Having said all that, I don't think I would be happy with a rework of the same characters. I'm afraid it would make me sad. I think going with the existing timeline and doing something in the same universe but a later time would be better received (at least by me).
    sigpic
    sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
    "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

Ok...some picspam to buoy you up:

sigpic
      sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
      "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

sigpic
        sig by Ikorni

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

(not mine...by lil ferret)
          sigpic
          sig by Ikorni

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

(manip by mala)
            sigpic
            sig by Ikorni

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

(manip by mala)
              sigpic
              sig by Ikorni

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

Out of Bounds By: Soleya

"Jack needs to explain some things to Sam's new teammates."
                sigpic
                sig by Ikorni

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

Thanks for the pic spam SaraB and the fic was very cute!
                  sigpic

----------
                  FFN ----- AO3 ----------

Comment

Originally posted by SaraBahama View Post

Morgan Freeman for Gen. HAMMOND, say I. >.<
                    I was going to say Morgan Freeman for General Hammond, but if they make a redo of the original movie, it would be General West. Morgan Freeman could be either one of them.
                    Last edited by hedwig; 19 June 2014, 08:28 PM.

Comment

At the risk of being totally self-promoting, all this talk about casting people for a re-boot has made me think about a fic I wrote as part of my "Team Building" series. Casting Couch is starting to sound eerily familiar. . .

I'm not sure I could accept new people in these roles. I'd give it a chance, though.

The interesting thing is that TPTB have said that the reason they started considering a romantic angle between Carter and O'Neill were the moments they shared in Hathor's fake SGC--both when Jack disconnects Sam's medical port and wakes her up and also when they were dressed in the white outfits and hiding from the Jaffa and he puts his hand over her mouth (you all know the scenes, right?). Directors' commentaries have said that AT and RDA's natural chemistry were why TPTB alluded to that angle at all in the show. (At least I think I'm remembering that right--anyone know for sure?)

So, basically, what I'm saying, is that with other actors from the beginning, we might not have had that natural attraction that led to the ship at all. Recasting it might seem to be stretching something that might not have happened in the first place.

If that makes any sense at all. . .
                      sigpic
                      My Stories: FFdotNet
                      My Stories AO3
                      Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

Originally posted by Akamaimom View Post
                        The interesting thing is that TPTB have said that the reason they started considering a romantic angle between Carter and O'Neill were the moments they shared in Hathor's fake SGC--both when Jack disconnects Sam's medical port and wakes her up and also when they were dressed in the white outfits and hiding from the Jaffa and he puts his hand over her mouth (you all know the scenes, right?). Directors' commentaries have said that AT and RDA's natural chemistry were why TPTB alluded to that angle at all in the show. (At least I think I'm remembering that right--anyone know for sure?)
                        Really? Cool! I never heard that story. I thought the fans were so loud and demanding that they started to listen to them, which is not always a good case for TV shows, if they write ONLY for the fans. Especially if there are fans wanting different things.

I hope you let me still stay in the thread when I admit that I am not THAT hardcore a shipper. In the beginning, I was a bit puzzled what others saw in scenes I thought were totally harmless and only between friends And I love the first season for all those carefree hugs and touches, while later there always was so much tension and them not daring to touch at all (I mean, real later, after the Air Force had intervened.)
                        Funny pictures with Stargate-Actionfigures at http://dieastra.livejournal.com/

More Action Figure Theater at http://community.livejournal.com/action_tales/

Comment

I miss them on my screen. They were my first OTP.

Comment

Originally posted by SaraBahama View Post
                            Torv looks good. I don't know if I've seen her act.
                            What! Knowing what I know, you would enjoy Fringe It's on Netflix. The husband and I were just discussing if she could pull of super smart awesome geek woman I'd put her character Olivia in the ranks of well written female leads.

At the end of the day, RDA and AT had some phenomenal chemistry. Sometimes it's just fun to play "what if?" LOL That one scene though - yeah, I can see why they'd be like, "Whaaa-? Is it getting hot in here to anyone else??"

Comment

Originally posted by GermanAstra View Post
                              Really? Cool! I never heard that story. I thought the fans were so loud and demanding that they started to listen to them, which is not always a good case for TV shows, if they write ONLY for the fans. Especially if there are fans wanting different things.
                              They talk about that in the commentary for "The Lost City".

I love ships that develop because of the actors' chemistry and aren't planned from the start...
                              Always makes you wonder at which point TPTB saw the potential...and episodes like "There but for the Grace of God" make you wonder how true their statements are.
                              Appearances may be deceiving.
                              One man's ceiling is another man's floor.
                              A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell.
                              Never run with... scissors?

Comment

Originally posted by AmberLM View Post
                                Lol, Hiddleston, right? Hey I'm up for that although we're starting to re-write the show as Stargate:Britain here lol - all we need is a Welsh actor and an Irish one - hey how about Anthony Hopkins as Gen. Hammond, Sinead O'Carroll from the band B*Witched as Sam and Idris Elba as Teal'c?
                                Yes, that's exactly who I have in mind for Danny boy!
                                sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
                                https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

Working...
                                X