• Show
Clear All

SCIMM, that was awesome!!!
    Visit me all over the place! FFN | AO3 | My Website |Twitter |Tumblr

Comment

Thank you very much

Comment

Originally posted by Kimberley Jackson View Post
        Somebody should make a Sam/Jack musicvideo for the episode "2010" with the song "What If" by Kate Winslet...

The lyrics would just fit that storyline and their falling apart perfectly - and the time reference would fit to them changing the timeline and turning time back.

Ok, quite how I remember this from when I was like 13-ish yet I can't remember half of my physics stuff I don't know but I *knew* someone had done it before!!
        Voila!:

http://suzvoy.freeservers.com/romance.html

I can't download the file on my ipad but I hope you can coz suzvoy's vids were awesome. It's about half way down the list!
        Sam and Jack... Still the best romance on TV in years!

My fanfic http://www.fanfiction.net/~drawntotherhythm

Comment

Goodness, that's not just the same song but the same video idea! Great minds really do think alike.

Comment

Originally posted by Amara D'Angeli View Post
            Goodness, that's not just the same song but the same video idea! Great minds really do think alike.
            I wish I could re-watch it, bl**dy Apple!

Comment

I watched it on my macbook. You need the VLC Media Player.

Comment

Originally posted by AmberLM View Post
                Ok, quite how I remember this from when I was like 13-ish yet I can't remember half of my physics stuff I don't know but I *knew* someone had done it before!!
                Voila!:

I can't download the file on my ipad but I hope you can coz suzvoy's vids were awesome. It's about half way down the list!
                OMG!!!! That is incredible, thank you!!! It's not a great quality, but who cares!!! WOW!!!

*is in ship heaven now*
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by iiradned View Post
                  Someone recently posted a link a video that had a still of the SG-1 cast & crew group photo and in it Michael and Lexa have their two kids with them as well as Amanda having Olivia with her.

Here is the group shot.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y24...f.jpg~original
                  someone help me find rick. and does anyone else think this was seriously photo-shopped, trying to put ppl into this group photo that weren't originally there?
                  sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SaraBahama View Post
                    This particular instance of "Carter, shut up." doesn't bother me as much. (I even used the "suck the fun out of it" line in a post-series fic I wrote of them stargazing)

This always struck me as a more good-natured teasing version of "shut up" delivered deadpan, but meant with a twinkle and a hint of a smile. She's smart. He knows she's smart...and he feels affection for her. They both know she gets carried away with the technical details...the science of, well, everything, and she sometimes forgets to just stop and absorb the simple wonder of a moment.

I will admit that hubs ribs me about some stuff sometimes and he gets the "death stare", but there isn't any meaness in his needling. This is where I think they would be in private once they have established a relationship. I really see places in their characters where they would nicely balance each other out and soften the rougher edges of their personalities.

But in the here-and-now, he IS her CO, so she has to take reprimands and he DOES have to get her on task at times.
                    Makes sense to me actually. I was just questionning whether or not Jack would be interested with the science talk once they're together and of course sharing hobbies together (like stargazing). And really, it's not the end of the world if people don't enjoy the exact same things together, you know.

I sometimes saw fans not understanding the Sam/Jack connection and saying stuff like "Sam is just so smart, she should get together with McKay instead.". But it makes little sense to me. Because while they're both brilliant scientists, I feel like the competition between them could be a hindrance. I disagree with the concept that genius people can only connect with other geniuses, basically. It seems so... I don't know... restrictive to me. And Sam is more social/friendly than your cliché scientist. I get that you're more likely to feel attracted to intelligent people if you're brilliant... but intelligence has many forms and levels. You don't need to have a crazy high IQ to be considered intelligent. And Jack IS fairly intelligent. So, Sam's interest in Jack doesn't seem like a surprise to me.

By the way, since I see Kimberley sharing a song and I wondered... what are the songs you associate with our favorite couple ?
                    Personally, I have an entire file of songs (and audio stuff, like fitting lines from other works) that I associate with many characters, situations, pairings (romantic or not)... for the various fictional works I love. I wish I could make videos but I never did, ahah (always seemed complicated to me, between hunting the visual material and song... and hoping Youtube won't take it down). I have those for Sam and Jack :

- Everything She Does is Magic, by Sting/The Police. Listen.

- Change, by Oingo Boingo (Danny Elfman's rock band) : or maybe it's more of a Jack song overall. Listen.

- X&Y, by Coldplay (a shipping playlist without Coldplay would feel... wrong *plus, I'm such a fan, it's not even funny... my whole family feels almost the same about the band, it's pretty rare*). Listen.

- Violet Hill, by Coldplay : "if you love me, won't you let me know"... this song reminded me a bit of Beneath the Surface mixed with their real life as soldiers, I guess. Listen.

- God put a Smile upon your Face, by Coldplay : kinda... Listen.

- Fix You, by Coldplay : seems cliché (it's the OTP song, like Tumblr said it once) but it does fit. Listen.

- Diggin', from the Cowboy Bebop OST/Yoko Kanno/Steve Conte : it's kind of a fun song... from a brilliant Firefly like anime show. Listen.

- Words We Couldn't Say, from the Cowboy Bebop OST/yadda yadda : angsty. Listen.

- Gravity, from the Wolf's Rain OST/Yoko Kanno/Maaya Sakamoto : I totally associate this song with Sam in Continuum. It feels pretty lonely and sad. Listen.

- Velveteen, from the Gits series OST/Yoko Kanno/Ilaria Graziano : listen.

- If You, from the Escaflowne OST/Yoko Kanno/Mai Yamane (can't help it, this composer is a goddess): angsty again. Listen.

- Never Gonna Give You Up, Rick Astley : it's kind of hilarious because this song is such a huge meme/troll song and the lyrics are spot on for S/J ("You know the rules, and so do I"). "You got Rickrolled" they say. Well, RDArolled, in this case, lol. Listen.

- Still Alive, from Portal : I gotta say it is an amusing and yet terrifying song actually. Because it is sang by the antagonist of the game... which is a robot named GLADOS with a twisted sense of humor ("The cake is a lie.")... and she sounds creepily like the entity from Entity (and damn, the part that goes "I'm not even angry.
                    I'm being so sincere right now. Even though you broke my heart. And killed me."). Not, err... not REALLY a ship song but I wanted to mention it anyway. By the way, I did read a crossover fic once with both Sam and Jack in the Portal universe. It was fun. Listen.

- Kokoro, from the Xenosaga 1 OST/Yasunori Mitsuda/Joanne Hogg :
                    "I was too shy to let you know
                    Much too scared to let my feelings show"
                    "Now at last we can talk
                    In another way
                    And though I try, I love you,
                    Is just so hard to say
                    If I only could be strong
                    And say the words I feel"
                    "My bleeding heart begins to race
                    When I turn to see your face
                    I remember that sweet dream
                    Which you told to me
                    I wanted just to be with you
                    So we could make the dream come true
                    And you smiled at me and that was the beginning"
                    By the way, the soundtrack for this science fiction/space opera game (I am a big fan of the franchise, overall... with the science fiction, false gods, *snakey*body swappers, robots... yeah, I know *it's a bit more like BattleStar Gallactica though... except japanese*) has a few songs that heavily reminds me of the Stargate OST (the track "Gnosis" for example).
                    Listen.

- Have you got it in you, Imogen Heap : more of a song for the soldiers in them. It can extend as a team song, I guess. Listen.

- 2-1, by Imogen Heap : I guess it fits Sam's POV when she doesn't know anymore what to make of their relationship (around season 7). Listen.

- Lift, by Poets of the Fall : can be coupled with their love of flying and their relationship. Listen.

- Joga, Bjork : it fits them, I think. Sam's POV.
                    "you don't have to speak, I feel emotional"
                    "you push me in this state of emergency, how beautiful to be"
                    Listen.

- That doesn't Impress me Much, by Shania Twain : not really a ship song but a funny song for all of Sam's "admirers".
                    Listen.

- She Likes Me for Me, Blessid Union of Souls : I don't remember the melody of the song actually (which means maybe I mainly cared for the lyrics). It's been a while but, reading the lyrics again, it fits, yeah.
                    Listen.

- Everything, by Alanis Morissette
                    Listen.

- Calling to the Night, from MGS Portable Ops/Natasha Farrow (video game) : it's a beautiful, haunting song about being soldiers.
                    Listen.

- Wonderwall, by Oasis
                    Listen.

- Starlight, by Muse
                    Listen.

- Everybody's Gotta Learn Sometimes, by Beck : especially after having seen Eternal Sunshine on the Spotless Mind. This movie doesn't paint the main relationship in a idealistic way. It's rough and
                    Spoiler:
                    they break up, try to erase their memory of each other... and yet they always come back to each other (and the chemistry makes them sooo lovable).
                    It's a bittersweet movie, I'd say... and a bittersweet song. One of those brilliant movies where Jim Carrey plays a serious role for a change and... yes, you know he's an excellent actor.
                    Listen.

- Haunted, by Poe : can be a Continuum song, maybe... or fit into an universe where their relationship go wrong. It's not a happy song (but it is an awesome one).
                    Listen.

- I Can't Stop Loving You, by Ray Charles : not only it was featured in the japanese Metropolis movie, but I think it fits the Metropolis episode of SG1... which is Beneath the Surface.

"I can't stop loving you
                    I've made up my mind
                    To live in memory of the lonesome times
                    I can't stop wanting you
                    It's useless to say
                    So I'll just live my life in dreams of yesterday
                    Dreams of yesterday
                    Those happy hours that we once knew
                    Tho' long ago, they still make me blue
                    They say that time heals a broken heart
                    But time has stood still since we've been apart"

Listen.

There are probably others I'm forgetting.

And lastly, I'll say I feel very amused by the Charlie the Unicorn shorts on Youtube. Why ? Because it's so easy to picture Charlie, the grey grumpy/sarcastic unicorn, as Jack... and the 2 hilariously annoying unicorns as Sam and Daniel. And then, there is the Banana song that makes me think of Jonas and I end up in tears on the floor, ahah. Really, the guys who did those shorts are crazy. I love it.
                    Watch.
                    My Tumblr.
                    My Tumblr Art Blog.
                    My Deviantart page.

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                      someone help me find rick. and does anyone else think this was seriously photo-shopped, trying to put ppl into this group photo that weren't originally there?
                      Rick isn't in that picture. The Season 9 & 10 actors are front row, center. Amanda, Michael, Lexa are in the front with their children. Chris, Ben, Claudia are right behind them.

Who is it you think wasn't originally there? And why do you think it was photoshopped?
                      Last edited by hedwig; 25 June 2014, 08:22 PM.

Comment

Songs I associate with S/J:

Everything by Lifehouse:
                        It was played as a shippy music vid at AT1 and it's just so perfect for them!
                        "You are the light that's leading me
                        To the place where I find peace again...
                        You are the hope that keeps me trusting...
                        How can I stand here with you and not be moved by you?"

Soldier's Daughter by Tonic
                        "The soldier's daughter, did your daddy hurt you?
                        Did he make you feel bad?
                        Did he poison your view with the war that he was raised on?
                        Over the the hills he'd climb
                        Just to see her there in time
                        The sweet soldier's daughter"

Hunter Hayes' songs:
                        Wanted
                        "put aside the math and the logic of it
                        You gotta know you're wanted too
                        I wanna call you mine, wanna hold your hand forever
                        And never let you forget
                        I wanna make you feel wanted"

If you told me to
                        "I don't wanna steal you away
                        Or make you change the things that you believe
                        I could be so good at lovin' you
                        But only if you told me to"

Comment

Brilliant!!!

Voila!:

Thanks for this!!
                          Last edited by iiradned; 26 June 2014, 12:34 AM.
                          No Sam w/o a Jack and no Jack w/o a Sam.
                          It's like and immutable law of the multiverse.

Comment

Originally posted by iiradned View Post
                            Brilliant!!!

Thanks for this!!
                            Thanks for the green Suz and I apparently shared the same taste in music back in the 2000s so I watched nearly all of her music videos and loved them. Her fic is pretty good too

Comment

Originally posted by Amara D'Angeli View Post
                              I watched it on my macbook. You need the VLC Media Player.
                              I <3 u

Originally posted by Kimberley Jackson View Post
                              OMG!!!! That is incredible, thank you!!! It's not a great quality, but who cares!!! WOW!!!

*is in ship heaven now*
                              Hehe glad u like it. Suz shares my taste in music and I'll be honest, the first time. I heard that song I had the same thought as you

Comment

Hehe glad u like it. Suz shares my taste in music and I'll be honest, the first time. I heard that song I had the same thought as you
                                Well, it's not that far fetched... the references to the person changing, to turning back the time... and then the refrain: "What if I had never let you go, would you be the man I used to know? If I had stayed, if you had tried, if we could only turn back time..." Come on now! That just screams "2010" Sam/Jack ship.
                                I'm just so happy you showed me the video, cause it's just perfect!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X