Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SGSuzi View Post
    Sam isn't exactly pining for a lack of Jack around the place is she, and for the past 8 yrs she is almost a wreck as soon as he dissaperas for any time, they are soo together outside the SGC
    If Sam was "a wreck" when Jack was missing, it was because, as she stated to Teal'c in "Paradise Lost", they had just lost Daniel very recently, and now Jack was missing, and she didn't think she could take losing anyone else this soon. "Paradise Lost" is the only time she seemed to be "a wreck" over him being missing. Any other time he was missing, she was very determined to find him and get him back. She would have done the same if it were Daniel or Teal'c missing. And, of course, she was extremely worried about Jack, but a lot of that could be attributed to having gone through so many difficulties in a short period of time.
    Last edited by hedwig; 28 August 2012, 09:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by fems View Post
      I think her kissing suggestion was about Lost City, so there couldn't have been a happy ending in bed with Jack ending up in stasis.

And technically she was still with Pete at the time...
      I think like in Harry potter, Pete should be referred to as "he who shall not be named" he says jokingly.

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
        At one time, AT was against anything romantic between Sam and Jack, but over the years she's gradually changed her mind and now supports it.

RDA, at one time, thought they should just "go for it" and get it out of their systems and then move on. Don't know how he feels about it these days.
        I don't think I could ask that question if I met RDA at a con. I would get so tongue tied and nervous. But growing up watching SG-1 I think I hero worshipped him and jack O'Neill a lot. Hey every 10 year old needs a hero.

Comment

OT: Happy bday Amanda!!!

Spoiler:
          sigpic
          My vids Sig made by me

Comment

Originally posted by SaraBahama View Post
            Awww...it was so cute! Thanks for sharing.

She is awefully tolerant of crazy shippers, poor girl!
            Yeah. I think she loves us.

Originally posted by iiradned View Post
            Thank you **hugs**

Originally posted by XFchemist View Post
            OT: Happy bday Amanda!!!

Spoiler:
            Yeah baby. Thanks Chemmy
            sigpic
            sig by Mada
            As a matter of FIC

Comment

At one time, AT was against anything romantic between Sam and Jack, but over the years she's gradually changed her mind and now supports it.

RDA, at one time, thought they should just "go for it" and get it out of their systems and then move on. Don't know how he feels about it these days.
              I wonder what made her change her mind - the abundance and the sheer voice of shippers perhaps? I remember something when she said it was too soon for them (early seasons) but leaned rather towards nothing happening between them.

It'll be great to know what RDA thinks right now (poor man probably can't get away from shippers as well) - anyone up to do it at Dragon con?
              Fics | Art | Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by selene0789 View Post
                But you know... after watching Sam and Jack, GSR has kinda lost its vibrancy. I guess one could say that all other ships pale in comparison. They've ruined me for most other ships. Well, except for Helen/John in Sanctuary. Their ship is just so aggressively potent that it takes my breath away. Where S/J are are the tingly warmth that turns me to mush, Helen/John are the wash of chills that makes my neck hairs stand on edge. They're electric.

But I can only take Helen/John in small doses. Sam and Jack I could easily OD on and die happy.
                I totally agree! Helen/John is totally my OTP for Sanctuary (except perhaps Will/Ashley ), but what's funny is that, I feel like Sam/Jack hasn't ruined other ships for me; instead, it's because of Sam/Jack that I always find myself drawn to the most angsty ships in all of my TV shows!

LONG LIVE THE ANGST!!!!

*settles into the angst cavern*

sigpic
                The Return of King Arthur
                Trust in the Lord with all your heart; lean not on your own understanding. In all of ways
                acknowledge him, and he'll make your path straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

Comment

In case anyone's interested, over on my LJ (this particular entry is public), I'm doing a meme that's floating around there:

"Tell me about a story I haven't written, and I'll give you between one and three sentences from that story."

Of course, I can't contain myself to just three sentences (though I'm trying to stay short and sweet), but if anyone would like to have a go at me, I'm there I'd like to see an S/J request LOL

Comment

Comment

Working on my 'Emancipation' banner. Photobucket not cooperating. *sigh*
                      sigpic
                      sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
                      "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

Originally posted by SaraBahama View Post
                        Working on my 'Emancipation' banner. Photobucket not cooperating. *sigh*
                        I feel your pain. PB hasn't been cooperating with me lately either. As well as my iTunes, Audible, Kindle. Basically all electronics have turn against me this evening.

Comment

Originally posted by Ikorni View Post
                          I wonder what made her change her mind - the abundance and the sheer voice of shippers perhaps? I remember something when she said it was too soon for them (early seasons) but leaned rather towards nothing happening between them.
                          I'm pretty sure the bolded part was the reason she changed her mind. Sheer, overwhelming, squeeing voices of shippers left her with no alternative but to agree with us.

Comment

in the con vid where amanda said she was blushing, and then said it just got very hot: what did the fan reply to her? i couldn't understand what she said, no matter how many times i've played it.

not that i've played it a lot. no, not at all. really.

sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                              in the con vid where amanda said she was blushing, and then said it just got very hot: what did the fan reply to her? i couldn't understand what she said, no matter how many times i've played it.

not that i've played it a lot. no, not at all. really.

ill hav to watch it again, i couldn't work it out
                              sigpic
                              Thanks to the wonderful Meredithe5 for the awesome sig

Comment

I'm pretty sure the bolded part was the reason she changed her mind. Sheer, overwhelming, squeeing voices of shippers left her with no alternative but to agree with us.
                                Ah, so she saw the error of her ways!
                                Fics | Art | Tumblr

Comment

Working...
                                X