Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Solitude View Post
    Yeah I think it was on wikia. I didn't realize there was a RPG. I was thinking that she hadn't completed the minimum time for her current grade. I thought she had to be a Colonel for some time.

I would also think that Jack would be retiring well before 2016. From the snippets for SGU that I have seen, I looks very bored behind that desk!
    don't forget dealing with those pesky scum-sucking, slimy snake-a$$ed lying, scheming, no good, slimy, overdressed people that call themselves the IOA. i bet he would love not to deal with them anymore. so who would take over homeworld command if O'Neill Retires?
    Last edited by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard; 25 August 2011, 05:47 AM.

Comment

Hey Shippy Peeps!

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
      Jake was Probably suspicious but Janet was the one who flat out (and subtly mind you) asked Sam on it in A Hundred Days. and Sam just shrugged it off.
      Teal'c.

Teal'c knew. (Paradise Lost ((which is on today btw))

Hammond knew (Entity "I know Major Carter is very important to you.")

I also find it very hard to believe that Daniel would have been as clueless as he lets on. No one could work so closely with these two and not pick up on the chemistry and connection between them.
      sigpic
      sig by Mada
      As a matter of FIC

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
        yeah but do deleted scenes count as canon?
        According to Joseph Mallozzi in one of his blogs ... yes.

(He was referring to the deleted scene in Trio that caused such a flap for being deleted.)

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
          According to Joseph Mallozzi in one of his blogs ... yes.

(He was referring to the deleted scene in Trio that caused such a flap for being deleted.)
          Cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Solitude View Post
            Also quick question. I was reading something the other day an info page on Sam I think and I saw that Sam had been promoted to a general. When did that happen? I haven't watched SGU so maybe in that series?
            That has only ever happened in fanfiction. Never in the series.

Comment

O
              Originally posted by trinity3 View Post
              Hey Shippy Peeps!

Teal'c.

Teal'c knew. (Paradise Lost ((which is on today btw))

Hammond knew (Entity "I know Major Carter is very important to you.")

I also find it very hard to believe that Daniel would have been as clueless as he lets on. No one could work so closely with these two and not pick up on the chemistry and connection between them.
              Of course knew Danny-boy! He's still pretty smart. I think those people who worked a lot with those two did. Pretty hard to miss when it's those two.
              If you always expect the worst you get only good news

Comment

Originally posted by fems View Post
                No, that was probably on the stargate wikia? Their source was an RPG, so it's not canon.
                It was on Stargate Wiki, under Samantha Carter, it says General in charge of the SGC based on the 3rd movie...Revolution. I was on their researching for some text I wanted to use on an icon last week. I don't know how they, whoever updated the site, new of this information.

Here's the icon, btw. The text is the first paragraph of the Stargate Wiki page for Sam.

And to stay on topic, another one I made for a challenge:

sigpic
                I used to trek amongst the stars, now I gate to them

Comment

Originally posted by Treknik View Post
                  It was on Stargate Wiki, under Samantha Carter, it says General in charge of the SGC based on the 3rd movie...Revolution. I was on their researching for some text I wanted to use on an icon last week. I don't know how they, whoever updated the site, new of this information.

Whoever wrote that must be speculating or guessing (plus, I think it was inappropriate to put that information there since it is purely speculation). Unless, of course, they got to read the script for the third SG1 movie, which I highly doubt (and even if they did, there's no reason to believe that events in that script are actually going to take place). Regardless of how the information came about, it is not canon, since the third movie was never made and is likely never going to be made. Plus, Sam would still only be in her early 40's, which is rather young (IMO) for anyone to be promoted to Brigadier General.
                  Last edited by hedwig; 25 August 2011, 01:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                    Whoever wrote that must be speculating or guessing. Unless, of course, they got to read the script for the third SG1 movie, which I highly doubt. Regardless of how the information came about, it is not canon, since the third movie was never made and is likely never going to be made. Plus, Sam would still only be in her early 40's, which is rather young (IMO) for anyone to be promoted to Brigadier General.
                    That is correct...I forgot to add that part.
                    sigpic

Comment

How many stargate wikis are out there? I can't read the text on your tiny pic, but the picture itself doesn't seem familiar. The Wikia Samantha Carter page has the game listed as resource.
                      Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
                      Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                      On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

How many stargate wikis are out there? I can't read the text on your tiny pic, but the picture itself doesn't seem familiar. The Wikia Samantha Carter page has the game listed as resource.
                        The picture is from the MGM website. It's taken from Seth. I have also used it here:

Comment

I know the picture and have seen it before, but I mistakenly interpreted it to mean the picture was on the wiki page which had listed her as a brig gen... Obviously my poor brain is in need of sleep
                          Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
                          Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                          On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

I know the picture and have seen it before, but I mistakenly interpreted it to mean the picture was on the wiki page which had listed her as a brig gen... Obviously my poor brain is in need of sleep
                            I don't always recognize the MGM pics. But I've been going through them recently. I'm worried MGM won't keep the Stargate site up for too much longer now that they aren't interested in the franchise anymore.

Comment

I have no idea. I thought there was only one. I mentioned in my other post that the tiny text was the first paragraph on the Sam Stargate Wiki page. It was for a Tiny Text challenge, I may have made it too tiny.

Oops, sorry for the mix up. I just used the pic from Seth (like hlndncr said) for the icon. Now go take a nap.

EDIT - I just realized the one I used for research is the one fems posted. I thought that was the Wiki one because of the graphics at the top, but it's not, it's the Wikia one fems mentioned. There is another one called Stargate Wiki. Whew.
                              Last edited by Treknik; 25 August 2011, 01:56 PM.
                              sigpic

Comment

No, that was probably on the stargate wikia? Their source was an RPG, so it's not canon.
                                What's an RPG?

Comment

Working...
                                X