Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Solitude View Post
    Well I can now say I have read my first fanfic. Stayed up late into the night last to read all of 'Blame it on the Tinsel' recommended by hedwig in the fanfic thread. Gotta say I am hooked!

My favourite shippy scene is when Jack has the ancient knowledge downloaded into his brain again and is dying in the chair. Its not just Sam calling him Jack that got me it was the pain and loss that was in her eyes
    You couldn't have picked a better first Sam/Jack fic to read. That is one of the TOP fanfic stories!
    sigpic
    I used to trek amongst the stars, now I gate to them

Comment

Very first fanfic I read was the best I ever had by noda. Reminded me of an alternate 2010 esque what if.

Comment

Oh fanfic, how you make my life complete. I'm so happy you've discovered it Solitude! Also check out Pol's fics. I like to pretend they're cannon.

Comment

Solitudes, also check out Rachel500s Aftershocks series. Very good as well. I love Polrobin's Campfire stories and others, as mentioned, and akamaimom's stuff is also awesome. And annerb. And ... well, there is a LOT of good stuff out there!

I get squicked when MY characters are not written in-character, unless it's intentional and way over the top on purpose. I'm also picky about punctuation and spelling and tenses and such. These authors are all tops in my massive fanfic pile!

The problem I have is that sometimes I can't distinguish canon from fanon (and sometimes I like fanon more!) but it's one I can live with

(GW seems to be wonky ~ I already posted this about an hour ago and just saw now that it's not here. Apologies if it duplicates)

Comment

Just stopping by to say hi (and thank you for the rec)!

I've been away on a very long holiday abroad with very intermittant dial-up (I'm hugging my broadband now I'm home) and so haven't been around much with that and RL being crazy (new business, lots of study, new kitten).

I still love Sam/Jack and it's great to see the thread is still going strong.

sigpic
            Women of the Gate LJ Community.
            My Stargate Fanfiction. My LiveJournal.

Comment

Originally posted by penjab View Post
              For the record, it is still available. http://www.litreasures.com/xcart418/...cat=403&page=4
              I so want this for my tree this year! thanks for link!!

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
              i read a lot now too. not as much as i did when i first joined online fandom , but now it's my life's blood to holding onto the ship... new stories, new adventures, and SAM AND JACK BEING TOGETHER.

I can honestly say I have never read any fanfic. Must get onto that hey?! lol
              Well I can now say I have read my first fanfic. Stayed up late into the night last to read all of 'Blame it on the Tinsel' recommended by hedwig in the fanfic thread. Gotta say I am hooked!
              Originally posted by JingleBelle View Post
              Oh fanfic, how you make my life complete. I'm so happy you've discovered it Solitude! Also check out Pol's fics. I like to pretend they're cannon.
              Solitude: I approached fanfic with much fear and trembling, as I had been warned that there was much smut abounding (and there is), but I lucked out by finding one of polrobin's stories first, and under her favorite authors (your can view these on an authors FF.net account if they've listed any) she had other wonderful authors -Akamaimom, Rachel500, and others. I then swore I would never WRITE fanfiction, and...well...that lasted all of two weeks.

'Blame it on the Tinsel' was suggested to me by Pol...and I loved it.

Pol's "Campfire Stories" are some of my favorites, as is Rachel's "An Unexpected Christmas Present", and AKA has some of the most beautiful descriptive writing.

...and I haven't even read as much as most of the people on the thread. I'll tell you this...if you ever need to find a fic, and you're having trouble, hedwig has a knack for locating them

i'll tell you guys this, if i win the lottery, part of my winnings will go to making an sg1 movie (heavily of course! )
              You do realize that all of us are going to hold you to this

Originally posted by hlndncr View Post
              Not sure what I think of these yet. Any thoughts?
              both very nice! 2nd one is my fav.
              sigpic
              sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
              "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

God Gave me You
                Spoiler:

I’ve been a walking heartache
                I’ve made a mess of me
                The person that I’ve been lately
                Ain’t who I wanna be

But you stay here right beside me
                Watch as the storm goes through
                And I need you

[Chorus]
                God gave me you for the ups and downs
                God gave me you for the days of doubt
                For when I think I’ve lost my way
                There are no words here left to say, it’s true
                God gave me you

There’s more here than what were seeing
                A divine conspiracy
                That you, an angel lovely
                Could somehow fall for me
                You’ll always be love’s great martyr
                Ill be the flattered fool

And I need you

On my own I’m only
                Half of what I could be
                I can’t do without you
                We are stitched together
                And what love has tethered
                I pray we never undo

Every time I hear this song, I think of S/J post-Threads, and how he must look at Sam sometimes with that expression of being "flattered" that she has that kind of affection for him (I know I look at my hubs that way some days).

*hopes she didn't cause retching in the thread*
                sigpic
                sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
                "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

Originally posted by iiradned View Post
                  Since Hedwig rec'd Jackie W's The Quest (ff-net, SJ.net), I thought I'd rec my saved Jackie W fics.

Silent Screams ff-net, SJ.net
                  Out of the Darkness ff-net, SJ.net
                  Becoming Sam Carter ff-net
                  Under the Influence ff-net, SJ.net
                  In Sickness and In Health ff-ne, SJ.net part 1, SJ.net part 2, SJ.net part 3, SJ.net part 4, SJ.net part 5
                  Life's Purpose ff-net, SJ.net
                  In Demand ff-net, SJ.net
                  Since I'm doing the GW rewatch I'm really getting back into SG-1, so thank you for these links. Hi everyone. It's been so long. Anyone here still know me?

Comment

All this talk about fanfic has reminded me that I haven't written anything in months. I feel thoroughly ashamed of myself.

*hangs head in shame*

So I have started up again. I can't make any promises, but I do have a story that my muse has been beating me about the head with for at least a year. I think I'm going to have to publish it as a WIP or I'll never get up the momentum to finish it.

Feel free to pester me. It may help.

Meantime, I made this sig for Petra:

When Sara gets back she can show you her new sig.

(So at least I can say I've been doing important S/J business. )
                    Last edited by hlndncr; 03 September 2011, 02:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rachel500 View Post
                      Just stopping by to say hi (and thank you for the rec)!

I've been away on a very long holiday abroad with very intermittant dial-up (I'm hugging my broadband now I'm home) and so haven't been around much with that and RL being crazy (new business, lots of study, new kitten).

I still love Sam/Jack and it's great to see the thread is still going strong.

http://i816.photobucket.com/albums/z...ignature13.jpg
                      Good to see you again.

Originally posted by Krissie678 View Post
                      Since I'm doing the GW rewatch I'm really getting back into SG-1, so thank you for these links. Hi everyone. It's been so long. Anyone here still know me?
                      Glad to see you too. The great relationship between Sam and Jack has a way of doing that...pulling you back in. Yeah, I remember you, because you were the other GW member from Michigan...plus, you make great artwork.
                      sigpic
                      I used to trek amongst the stars, now I gate to them

Comment

always and forever
                        sally

sigpic

Comment

always and forever

Comment

Originally posted by SaraBahama View Post
                            God Gave me You
                            Spoiler:

I’ve been a walking heartache
                            I’ve made a mess of me
                            The person that I’ve been lately
                            Ain’t who I wanna be

But you stay here right beside me
                            Watch as the storm goes through
                            And I need you

[Chorus]
                            God gave me you for the ups and downs
                            God gave me you for the days of doubt
                            For when I think I’ve lost my way
                            There are no words here left to say, it’s true
                            God gave me you

There’s more here than what were seeing
                            A divine conspiracy
                            That you, an angel lovely
                            Could somehow fall for me
                            You’ll always be love’s great martyr
                            Ill be the flattered fool

And I need you

On my own I’m only
                            Half of what I could be
                            I can’t do without you
                            We are stitched together
                            And what love has tethered
                            I pray we never undo

Every time I hear this song, I think of S/J post-Threads, and how he must look at Sam sometimes with that expression of being "flattered" that she has that kind of affection for him (I know I look at my hubs that way some days).

*hopes she didn't cause retching in the thread*
                            Shippy sigh!
                            And Blake Shelton...

Comment

So what do you think Sam and jack are doing to celebrate labor day weekend?
                              Last edited by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard; 04 September 2011, 07:31 PM.

Comment

I'm one who doesn't subscribe to the "has kids" scenario, so something couple related is more my style. I think they'd take the last weekend of summer to go to the cabin.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X