Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Continuum spoilers
    Spoiler:
    That's excellent news FF. I was afraid they'd go and ruin a jolly good romp by flogging the dead horse that is S/J. Thankfully, TPTB seem to realise the show has moved on. So no doe eyes and uncomfortable-looking generals. Hurrah!

Go team!

Comment

FF, your public service announcement is much appreciated.
      Spoiler:
      Although I'll admit I was a bit concerned at first because usually the only time this thread returns to the front page is when there is something to be worried about. It's good to know that I was wrong.

I can't wait to see the new movie.
      sigpic
      Sig by Luciana

Comment

Continuum.
        Spoiler:
        I'm sure the dedicated S/J fans will read all sort of stuff into the brief scenes but the rest of fandom won't have the film spoilt by it. So it's good all round and how it should be done on the show.

FF
        sigpic

Comment

That's great news, Frostfox. Thanks for sharing. I can look forward to renting this one then...at least knowing that S/J will not be present.
          IMO always implied.

Comment

Originally posted by LoneStar1836 View Post
            That's great news, Frostfox. Thanks for sharing. I can look forward to renting this one then...at least knowing that S/J will not be present.
            Thanks.
            I think they got the balance right with this one. There's stuff you could read into scenes, if you were so inclined, but there's nothing that the ordinary fan, the majority of their viewers, couldn't ignore or put down to just the comaradarie of SG1. Which is very sensible if you want to market the film to as wide and audience as possible.

FF
            sigpic

Comment

Well I'm not as rabid anti-S/J as I used to be. I've mellowed a bit these last couple of years.

So I can avoid reading into anything since you noted that the barf worthy implications (looks, music) are absent...thankfully.

I am kind of ticked that RDA is hardly in the movie after they kept touting his inclusion in this one. But that's a topic for another thread....
              IMO always implied.

Comment

Originally posted by LoneStar1836 View Post
                Well I'm not as rabid anti-S/J as I used to be. I've mellowed a bit these last couple of years.

So I can avoid reading into anything since you noted that the barf worthy implications (looks, music) are absent...thankfully.

I am kind of ticked that RDA is hardly in the movie after they kept touting his inclusion in this one. But that's a topic for another thread....
                I've relaxed about S/J since SG1 is over, closed canon.
                I don't watch Atlantis, so whatever happens over there is irrelevant to me, and anyway, that's Atlantis canon, not SG1 canon.
                The films are an extra, a codicil to the show, the core series, the one which matters is over and ended blessed free of S/J.

Continuum Spoilers re RDA.
                Spoiler:
                He wasn't in it as much as I'd hoped and the Jack in our time was all quips, almost every sentence out of his mouth was a joke. Alternative timeline Jack had a bit more substance. I love Jack the joker but there is more to his character than that, I'm glad that his last appearance on SG1, The Shroud, had a lot more of the old Jack than just a character there to spout one liners.

FF
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Frostfox View Post
                  Continuum Spoilers re RDA.
                  Spoiler:
                  He wasn't in it as much as I'd hoped and the Jack in our time was all quips, almost every sentence out of his mouth was a joke. Alternative timeline Jack had a bit more substance. I love Jack the joker but there is more to his character than that, I'm glad that his last appearance on SG1, The Shroud, had a lot more of the old Jack than just a character there to spout one liners.
                  Spoiler:
                  Our Jack clearly has brain-damage. Alternative Jack is what Jack ought to be.

Any S/J lovey-dovey nonsenses perceived in the series were merely symptoms of Jack's progressive slide into early dementia. He was fantasising about his 2IC and you just got lumbered with his perspective
                  scarimor

Comment

Originally posted by scarimor View Post
                    Spoiler:
                    Our Jack clearly has brain-damage. Alternative Jack is what Jack ought to be.

Any S/J lovey-dovey nonsenses perceived in the series were merely symptoms of Jack's progressive slide into early dementia. He was fantasising about his 2IC and you just got lumbered with his perspective
                    Spoiler:
                    Having worked with people with brain-damage, that's scarily close to how Jack sometimes behaves in later seasons.
                    There are times when I want to shake RDA out of his acting stupor; he's a good, solid actor, we know this, we've seen him do it for about 6-7 years on the show. But in later years he seems to be relying more on his charisma than his acting skills and it's a waste of Jack and or RDA.

But I'm getting OT.

FF
                    sigpic

Comment

This thread is the home for those that have issues with the romantic relationship between Jack O'Neill and Sam Carter.

This is the place to discuss those issues.

This is NOT the place to:

Bash either character
                      Bash other forum members
                      Bash the actors

What we're hoping for here is intelligent and adult conversation about the relationship, as such baiting or dismissive posts are not appropriate. If all you wish to do is to state your dislike, fine. Please state it. But if stating is all you want to do and you don't want to discuss, then please make your statement and move on, allowing those that do wish to discuss to do so.

The goal of this thread is:
                      You do not have to like what is said here, you do not have to agree with what is said here, but you do have to respect it.
                      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Thank you very much Sky.....I think that after the civilised and pleasant way the changes to this thread's title were discussed in the other forum, us posters will have no trouble adhering to those guidelines.....

Long live the team spirit in SG-1 ...one which I value far more than any romantic nonsense that was dreamed up....

Deeds xx
                        sigpic
                        Thanks to slizzie1986 for signature
                        MSOL - Official Website of Michael Shanks

Comment

Thanks, Sky.

Now, didn't someone suggest a topic of converstaion when we were discussing reopening and renaming the thread?
                          I'm at werk (iBook poorly sick again, though my engineer is repairing it, yay for engineers!) so can't join in much until I get home (and get iBook back!)

FF
                          sigpic

Comment

Ooh, new… old thread revived.

There’s one thing that I keep seeing around that is just completely mindboggling to me and that’s all the ”they’re so married” comments; the latest one being on Mallozzi’s blog. That, supposedly, they got married sometime in between season 8 and 9. Which… everytime I read that, I’m just completely bewildered. Married? Really? What? When? How? Huh?

From what we’ve seen on screen it just doesn’t make any sense to me at all. (But then, the entire ship doesn’t make any sense to me at all, either.)

Thoughts on this?
                            Shin ~ def. A device for finding furniture in the dark.

Comment

Originally posted by Liv View Post
                              Ooh, new… old thread revived.

There’s one thing that I keep seeing around that is just completely mindboggling to me and that’s all the ”they’re so married” comments; the latest one being on Mallozzi’s blog. That, supposedly, they got married sometime in between season 8 and 9. Which… everytime I read that, I’m just completely bewildered. Married? Really? What? When? How? Huh?

From what we’ve seen on screen it just doesn’t make any sense to me at all. (But then, the entire ship doesn’t make any sense to me at all, either.)

Thoughts on this?
                              I think it's just fan speculation, Liv, and Sam didn't look very married when she was about to snog Martuf in Ripple Effect.
                              It's not been shown on Stargate SG1, it's not canon.
                              I suspect they are going to try to do something with the dead horse of J/S in the 3rd film, but if they do, it's going to be a Riker/Troy affair; they missed their window of opportunity, oh, about three, four years ago.

FF
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Frostfox
                                I think it's just fan speculation, Liv, and Sam didn't look very married when she was about to snog Martuf in Ripple Effect.
                                It's not been shown on Stargate SG1, it's not canon.
                                Oh yeah, I know it's just speculation. My snark got the better of me. Sorry for not being more clear in my post.

I just wanted to get some discussion going in here and thought I'd throw a topic out there.
                                Shin ~ def. A device for finding furniture in the dark.

Comment

Working...
                                X