No announcement yet.

Jack O'Neill/ Sam Carter - Part of a team, not a ship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm liking this season so far. No shippy crap. But, I've been so conditioned every time I see Jack and Carter together in one scene, I cringe and want to leave the room before the dreaded shippy music makes its comeback.

I would much prefer not to see ANY exclusive Jack and Carter scenes at all. Nada.

Comment

I'm with you on the Pavlovian reaction to Jack and Sam being in a scene together. Makes me want to vomit. Which is really depressing. Guess it's another reason to be grateful that RDA isn't going to be around as much and that they've found a good excuse to keep Jack outta things.

Comment

SPOILERS for S8's AFFINITY and THREADS

sulk
        sulk
        sulk
        sulk
        sulk
        sulk
        sulk
        sulk
        sulk
        sulk
        sulk
        sulk
        sulk
        sulk
        sulk
        sulk
        sulk
        sulk
        sulk
        sulk
        sulk
        sulk
        sulk
        sulk
        sulk

I wish to hell they'd just make up their damned minds already. This back and forth BS is more infuriating than the ship itself.

I've said it before and I'll say it again:

If Sam and Jack wind up together, I will stop watching the show.
        If Sam dumps Pete because of Jack, I will stop watching the show.
        If Stargate becomes about Sam/Jack, I will stop watching the show.

The implications of "Threads" has me upset and annoyed. Sam questions her engagement to Pete because of unresolved feelings about Jack?? Give me a friggen break! First off, this is Stargate SG-1, NOT As the Stargate Turns! Can we cut out the shippy-soapy crap, please?? I'm watching Stargate for the PLOTS, not the romance! My idea of action is NOT who's tongue is in who's mouth this week. My idea of drama is NOT "will they or won't they?" My idea of character development does NOT revolve around love triangles.

I thought last season was the end of Stargate, but the beginning of this season has given me a glimmer of hope. Now it looks as if that glimmer is the proverbial headlight of the oncoming shipper train. *sigh*

Comment

What the heck does ship mean?

Ship: Large seagoing vessel. In Sci-Fi a large Space-going vessel

Ship: To send something over a distance. i.e. to ship a package.

I don't think either fit in on this topic, so what does it mean here?

Comment

If you'd read the FAQ as is politely requested of all newbies upon joining the forum, you'd know that "ship" is short for "relationship".

Originally posted by FAQ
            A "shipper" (short for "relationshipper") is a fan who is particularly interested in the personal (often romantic) relationship between two particular characters. Sam-Jack Shippers, Daniel-Janet Shippers, Sam-Martouf Shippers and others are common in Stargate fandom. "Slash" refers to shipping between two characters of the same gender. (You just had to ask ...)
            Those of us here in this thread are anti-ship. We're against the idea of Sam and Jack forming a romantic relationship.

Comment

I think you're right about "Threads" and other upcoming shows.. From the few of this season that have aired I thought they had given up on this crap.
              The opinions of KorbenDirewolf do not necessrily represent the opinions of other male U.S. residents between the ages of 18 and 25.

Comment

Errm, you know those chaps who write the show? The ones who are all huge S/J shippers? They are never going to give up on it. They just aren't. I'm just hoping that they keep it to scenes that are easy to FF, that's the best I reckon I'll get.

Madeleine

Comment

So I should just stop watching, then? There's no hope of NO ship and TPTB are incapable of doing "subtle" anymore, so who wants to sit through an entire season of ship?

Comment

So after reading the spoilers for Threads, I think it's a conspiracy to turn me into a shipper. Because I'm seriously starting to think Jack and Sam deserve each other. And, that's not meant as a good thing.
                    I'm a girl! A girly girly girl!

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Daniel Jackson Appreciation and Discussion -because he's more than pretty

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=89

Daniel Jackson: The Beacon of Hope and The Man Who Opened the Stargate

Comment

Originally posted by Dani347
                      So after reading the spoilers for Threads, I think it's a conspiracy to turn me into a shipper. Because I'm seriously starting to think Jack and Sam deserve each other. And, that's not meant as a good thing.
                      LOL! Amen on that one, Dani.

You know, the more I think about it, the more I think that Sam doesn't deserve Pete. He's too good for her. Far too good.

Jack, on the other hand... yeah, he and Sam definitely deserve each other. It lessens the chances of them destroying the lives of any good, decent people.

I just wish the rest of us didn't have to be subjected to watching them...

Comment

Spoilers for Affinity/Threads

ship is evil
                        ship is evil
                        ship is evil
                        ship is evil
                        ship is evil
                        ship is evil
                        ship is evil
                        ship is evil
                        ship is evil
                        ship is evil
                        ship is evil
                        ship is evil
                        ship is evil
                        ship is evil
                        ship is evil
                        ship is evil
                        ship is evil
                        ship is evil
                        ship is evil
                        ship is evil
                        ship is evil

OK... this is way too much. I mean, Sam possibly rethinking an engagement because of JACK?!? Shouldn't it because of "Oh, I risk my life all the time at my job, maybe I should think of Pete's feelings and well-being and such." I'm going to look on the bright side, maybe it's just for like a few episodes and they'll stick to the "forbidden" thing and Sam end up with Pete and Jack will end up with that Kelly person... unfortunately, I'm doubting it. I'm telling you as soon as a show focuses only on ship then it's over and instead of going out on top it goes out on the very bottom, even if people are still watching it.
                        Why yes, I am aware that I am too sexy for my cat
                        RIP Stargate SG-1: The iris may be closed, but the gate will always be spinning, lighting the chevrons in my heart

And to the Sci Fi Channel...

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                          Jack, on the other hand... yeah, he and Sam definitely deserve each other. It lessens the chances of them destroying the lives of any good, decent people.

I just wish the rest of us didn't have to be subjected to watching them...
                          And Amen to that one!

Comment

I hate J/S ship.
                            I hate J/S ship
                            I hate J/S ship
                            I hate J/S ship
                            I hate J/S ship
                            I hate J/S ship
                            I hate J/S ship
                            I hate J/S ship
                            I hate J/S ship

And, I'll say it over, and over, and over, and over again. I'll rant and complain and moan and whine and holler about how much I hate it, again, and again, and again.
                            Last edited by Dani347; 03 August 2004, 07:12 PM.
                            I'm a girl! A girly girly girl!

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Daniel Jackson Appreciation and Discussion -because he's more than pretty

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=89

Daniel Jackson: The Beacon of Hope and The Man Who Opened the Stargate

Comment

I loathe it too...every time I see them make googly eyes at each other it makes me puke. If she has to be in love with anyone on the team (I hate any kind of ship in a team like SG1) but if there has to be, a romance between Daniel and Sam would be alot more plausible. Jack is practically brain-dead compared to Sam, unlike Daniel, and also Jacks looks like her grandfather. Well I admit I may be going over the top here, but you get my point .

Comment

Well, hello there anti-shippers! Do you have room for one more?

I will say this as clearly as I can: I Do Not Want Jack/Sam Ship... I Do Not Want Jack/Sam Ship... I Do not Want Jack/Sam Ship...

Do you think if I say it enough times it will come true? Probably not.
                                Shin ~ def. A device for finding furniture in the dark.

Comment

Working...
                                X