Jack O'Neill/ Sam Carter - Part of a team, not a ship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=Dani347]
    3.Being bombarded, blasted, and buried with ship will not make it more appealing to anti-shippers.

[QUOTE]

That's something I don't understand.
    It's a fact that there are a lot of anti JS shippers, so by bombarding everyone with this disgusting thing they basically send a message that they don't care about fans that are against the JS ship.
    That they think they go on with JS shippers only and that they have no intention to change a da%n thing.
    Can this attitude be good for the show?
    I really don't think so.

Comment

If a kid hates lima beans, forcing him to eat a diet that consists of nothing but lima beans isn't going to make him love them any more no matter how cleverly (or stupidly) you try to disguise the beans. If anything, he'll wind up even more unlikely to try/enjoy them, ever.

Comment

Gategrrl, you rock
        Kerri

Take another journey....

Scribal Traditions: SG-1 Fanfiction, Livejournal, and more.

Comment

Spoiler: Season 8, Lockdown

I was very surprised by "Lockdown", especially with it coming after Carter's reaction at the end of "Lost City 2". They seem to have missed a chance to force-feed us another load of crap.
          The opinions of KorbenDirewolf do not necessrily represent the opinions of other male U.S. residents between the ages of 18 and 25.

Comment

They're trying to lull us into a false sense of security. They'll be all angsty and needy again in no time. *sigh*

Comment

Hey guys, I'm kinda new here. Actually, I registered awhile ago but my computer crashed. Anyway, I must say I am VERY glad to see this thread (nothing against shippers, but I'm just not like that). I find that when shows are starting to rely on shippers for ratings then the plot lines become very old and nothing really ever HAPPENS in an episode that makes any logical sense to the people that don't like ship. It hasn't happened to Stargate yet, but it came very close.
              Why yes, I am aware that I am too sexy for my cat
              RIP Stargate SG-1: The iris may be closed, but the gate will always be spinning, lighting the chevrons in my heart

And to the Sci Fi Channel...

Comment

That's what I really can't get -- the issue was supposed to be resolved whole seasons ago! Like Dani said, it's a dangling carrot that neither side can bite. Ship, no-ship... either way, just do SOMETHING. Living in this constant state of stealth-ship is like a WWII submarine duel. After a while people just start going crazy and begging for resolution, even if it means losing the battle, and that's no way to plot a series.

Comment

Dani Said:
                  6. Did I mention the no chemistry? Chemistry might salvage the rest, but Chemistry took one look at the pair and ran away screaming. Chemistry jumped into Pete's arms and told him to hunt down Sam. Chemistry took a side trip to Agent Barrett. I don't know if chemistry found anyone for Jack. I do know chemistry has to take anti-nausea medication everytime it watches AU's of Jack and Sam being involved.

ROTFLMAO -- you have a way with words, you know that? Oh, and chemistry found Jack and Sara, and Jack and Laira of Edora. It kinda hopped, skipped and jumped its way over Sam and bounded off into the woods, where it remains buried in the Tomb Of Ship.

Comment

Originally posted by Moonshayde
                    Gategrrl, you rock

I do? Thankee very much!

(what brought that on? )

Comment

I'm not so much anti-S/J as I am anti-lets-make-any-aspect-of-ship-the-entire-focus-of-my-Stargate-obsession. Ultimately, I don't really care as long as I'm entertained, but there's no accounting for my taste.

As an aside, those shippers sure can fill up a thread, 'eh? I'm glad they have a place to enjoy their fandom and I don't intrude, but looking at some of that, I can't help but think that there is no wonder RDA never goes near a convention.
                      Urgo: I wanna live, I wanna experience the universe and I wanna eat pie!
                      O'Neill: Who doesn't?
                      - Urgo, Stargate: SG-1, Episode 3.16

"Let's be real here. It should be fun. We're not saving lives, we're entertaining them."
                      - RDA, Stargate SG-1: The Lowdown

some assembly required, batteries not included, action figures sold seperately
                      once done, cannot be undone...
                      brought to you by Anthro Girl, Grand Pooh-Bah of the SFA

Comment

Originally posted by Anthro Girl
                        As an aside, those shippers sure can fill up a thread, 'eh? I'm glad they have a place to enjoy their fandom and I don't intrude, but looking at some of that, I can't help but think that there is no wonder RDA never goes near a convention.
                        Thanks for being an open person about all the stuff we do over there and especially right now

I would hope that RDA would look at most of what he read in ANY thread here and take it all with a grain of salt and see that most of it is said with tongue in cheek and from the sense of humor he shows I am sure we give him a good laugh if nothing else if he ever actually got near a computer

Tame
                        Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                          They're trying to lull us into a false sense of security. They'll be all angsty and needy again in no time. *sigh*
                          Yikes, I never thought of that.
                          The opinions of KorbenDirewolf do not necessrily represent the opinions of other male U.S. residents between the ages of 18 and 25.

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar
                            Thanks for being an open person about all the stuff we do over there and especially right now

I would hope that RDA would look at most of what he read in ANY thread here and take it all with a grain of salt and see that most of it is said with tongue in cheek and from the sense of humor he shows I am sure we give him a good laugh if nothing else if he ever actually got near a computer

Tame
                            well said Tame

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar
                              You're welcome.

I sure hope so.
                              Urgo: I wanna live, I wanna experience the universe and I wanna eat pie!
                              O'Neill: Who doesn't?
                              - Urgo, Stargate: SG-1, Episode 3.16

"Let's be real here. It should be fun. We're not saving lives, we're entertaining them."
                              - RDA, Stargate SG-1: The Lowdown

some assembly required, batteries not included, action figures sold seperately
                              once done, cannot be undone...
                              brought to you by Anthro Girl, Grand Pooh-Bah of the SFA

Comment

In any thread where people enthuse at great length about their favourite aspects of the show there will be posts that seem, um, weird or scary to 'outsiders'. There's often an awful lot that depends on a shared 'back-knowledge' and sometimes even a lexicon of words that have a particular meaning to insiders that outsiders wouldn't 'get'. And there's a huge amount of seemingly OTT posting that's easy to take the wrong way; when people are posting directly to friends and like-minded people they assume a particular basis for conversation.

I think RDA was Not Doing Conventions long before the inception of the S/J shipper threads

Madeleine

Comment

Working...
                                X