Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ChopinGal
    Or ... you can do what I just did for the past hour ... read one of Sky's new fics - check out Astro's post 8195 above for the links.

Thanks, Sky! I loved Duty and Honor or Honor and Duty - whatever! Favorite line: "Where did she shop, sluts are us?"

Where do you ever find the time to write these epics?! (Bows in awe)
    thank you.

they were written for zines last year (all but 'to sleep' and just came off moritorium this weekend)

so i wrote tehm about s6 or so.

i was inspired then, haven't been as much lately
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
      Yay, wtg Skydiver Always love reading your fic
      smooches

thanks

sigpic

Comment

: peers into thread :

Hi all. I've been lurking in this thread for a while (since about page 150 or so) and I just wanted to pop in and say how much I enjoy watching the show and more specifically the character of Sam. There's not really much to say about her that hasn't already been said. She’s smart and resourceful and always seems to solve the problem. She perseveres in the face of failure. She’s a warrior plain and simple, and I hope to see more of the same in season 9.

She is human, it's true; she makes mistakes, but it only serves to deepen the complexity of her character.

Well, looks like I said it anyway.

And I have to say, this is a great thread. It's hard to find a place that is actually Sam friendly these days.

: resumes lurking :
        Alice in Chains, Metallica, Jerry Cantrell.
        Pure metal.
        Go Red Sox and Patriots!
        My favorite CD ATM: Master of Puppets, by Metallica.

Comment

Originally posted by The Warrior

Hi all. I've been lurking in this thread for a while (since about page 150 or so) and I just wanted to pop in and say how much I enjoy watching the show and more specifically the character of Sam. There's not really much to say about her that hasn't already been said. She’s smart and resourceful and always seems to solve the problem. She perseveres in the face of failure. She’s a warrior plain and simple, and I hope to see more of the same in season 9.

She is human, it's true; she makes mistakes, but it only serves to deepen the complexity of her character.

And I have to say, this is a great thread. It's hard to find a place that is actually Sam friendly these days.

Welcome to Samanda!

Contributions always welcome.

Wait. I mean written contributions, not financial contributions.

Although they're nice too.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Hello and Welcome The Warrior
            Lurking since page 150? Less lurking and more posting!

Comment

Originally posted by NearlyCircular
              As you were posting about the Behind the Gate special, I was working on this. (click on the red type to hear the quote)

First, what all of us are doing for the next couple of months.

Next for all you shippers

Jack and Sam only

What's behind the gate?

Finally, what we all know and hope that TPTB appreciate

Carter is hot!

NC
              LOL. Thanks NC for putting these all up, they are great. The one scene that I loved the most though was the one with Pierre and Amanda where he asks about Sam and Teal'cs chemistry.

BERNARD: I’ve noticed several episodes where you and Chris seem to have somethin’ goin’ on. It’s weird: I don’t know how to explain it but they would bring the camera on the two of you and it almost seems like a private joke has occurred.

AMANDA: I’m thrilled you’re getting that.

BERNARD: What’s going on there? Does RDA have something to worry about?

AMANDA: I think if he doesn’t step up to the plate and start acting like a real man, then maybe he does have something to worry about – that’s all I’m gonna say.

Comment

Pull up a chair. Stay awhile!! We're always looking for new blood.. I mean Samandans.

Comment

So I've got a question for you all...strictly out of the blue, off the cuff, that kind of thing...

I've been looking at/for Amanda Tapping and/or Sam Carter websites. Some good, some not so good *cough*amandatapping.com*cough*

What are the best features you've seen on a fan site? And what do you wish you could see or would want to find???

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Was playing around in Photoshop before, and came up with this:

Last edited by Agent_Dark; 28 May 2005, 04:48 AM. Reason: Changin' the colour :)

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                      So I've got a question for you all...strictly out of the blue, off the cuff, that kind of thing...

I've been looking at/for Amanda Tapping and/or Sam Carter websites. Some good, some not so good *cough*amandatapping.com*cough*

What are the best features you've seen on a fan site? And what do you wish you could see or would want to find???
                      Pictures, interviews and forums are probably what make me have a look around a fan-site...

Comment

On the other hand....

Last edited by SamFan31; 28 May 2005, 06:04 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                          snip... The one scene that I loved the most though was the one with Pierre and Amanda where he asks about Sam and Teal'cs chemistry.

BERNARD: I’ve noticed several episodes where you and Chris seem to have somethin’ goin’ on. It’s weird: I don’t know how to explain it but they would bring the camera on the two of you and it almost seems like a private joke has occurred.

AMANDA: I’m thrilled you’re getting that.

BERNARD: What’s going on there? Does RDA have something to worry about?

AMANDA: I think if he doesn’t step up to the plate and start acting like a real man, then maybe he does have something to worry about – that’s all I’m gonna say.
                          I thought of Sky when I saw that.
                          Click on the red type to listen to the quote.

Something goin' on?

Carter doll?

Originally posted by Agent Dark
                          Oh lol, and it also has Pierre Benard asking RDA if he would 'Ever consider making a life size replication of himself, that's anatomically correct' with RDA getting a strange look on his face, then thats immeaditaly followed by a clip of Sam and Daniel both saying 'I'll do it!'
                          RDA ananatomically correct figure?

NC

Comment

Originally posted by SamFan31
                            On the other hand....

Ah, yes! Don't mess with a woman and her sword! Obviously, Mitchell pulling it out of the stone was just a bad dream.

This is great.

Comment

I just wanted to say good bye to you all. My short time here was made so much more fun, by reading your posts and looking at the fantastic pics you have all posted. I regretfully must resign my position as Royal Physician/Counsellor to Samanda. I can't take the continued mod bias and disrespect of many of the people who post here, physically and mentally.

I came here to seek refuge from a world that hasn't been very "kind" to me recently. I'm battling a serious illness and recovering from a serious auto accident. I thought I had finally found a new home, a place I could go and forget about pain, and docs, and meds and spend time with great people who loved SG-1 and AT, as much as I do. I'll miss this and all of you, more than you'll ever know. You should all be very proud of this thread and Samanda. You are a very special group of people and I've come to care for you all very much. I know I haven't posted a lot here. I was still trying to find my place. Guess I ran out of time.

Sorry, I better cut this, cause this tough bird is starting to cry.

Please take care and continue to love the show and Amanda. I'll be watching....
                              On fighting:
                              Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
                              Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

Staff weapon? I don't need no stinkin staff weapon!!!

(did you know that sam is the only character who's never fired a staff weapon?)

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X