Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
    Could someone provide me with either a link or a direct quote as to when JM said that Cam was leading SG-1..."at least for the first few episodes"?

It was part of an interview with JM and MG that was published in the Stargate Magazine.
    They were asked: "It almost seems like you've previously had to write with handcuffs on, because of the scheduling issues before this season." (Referring to RDA as the lead)
    Part of JM's answer was: (re Ben Browder/Mitchell)
    "I wouldn't think he is a replacement for Rick, but I mean he is the team leader at least for the first couple of episodes. But I still think the show is more about the team than a lead."

And that's how MG and JM followed up on it. Yeah right:
    MG: "More than the sum of its parts."
    JM: "I guess what I'm trying to say is that I don't want the fans or anyone else to think that it's going to be the same old "Cameron Mitchell Show". We're always going to try to include all four of the team members in any episode."

I must have missed something last time??

Thank you, Skydiver

Comment

Originally posted by Dani76
      It was part of an interview with JM and MG that was published in the Stargate Magazine.
      They were asked: "It almost seems like you've previously had to write with handcuffs on, because of the scheduling issues before this season." (Referring to RDA as the lead)
      Part of JM's answer was: (re Ben Browder/Mitchell)
      "I wouldn't think he is a replacement for Rick, but I mean he is the team leader at least for the first couple of episodes. But I still think the show is more about the team than a lead."

And that's how MG and JM followed up on it. Yeah right:
      MG: "More than the sum of its parts."
      JM: "I guess what I'm trying to say is that I don't want the fans or anyone else to think that it's going to be the same old "Cameron Mitchell Show". We're always going to try to include all four of the team members in any episode."

I must have missed something last time??
      That's the quote! Thanks...

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by Coley
        General Landry Sir, Yes it is just as we thought - all that pent up frustration regarding season 9 - Samanda has finally blown - and the fallouts gonna be big!!
        A quickie! Can't green rep you or Strix or many recent posters today ... all terrific comments. But this caption seemed to say it all ... LOL ...

Comment

Fourth Horsemen
          Originally posted by Strix varia
          Spoiler:

Same with the new CMO. She came across as petulant and sulky, and it makes me wonder how long they plan to drag this antagonism out between her and Landry. I know the writers intend it to add drama and mystery to the new characters, but I just find it irritating. I desperately want to LIKE these new people, but it's hard to do when I'm not seeing a whole lot to like...
          I have a feeling that we may see a big change
          Spoiler:
          in Lam's attitude after Fourth Horsemen, because it's amazing how much hatred people let go when they realize they are about to lose someone. And from what I have read in the spoilers Landry becomes very ill during this episode.

Comment

But, here is another tidbit from that same interview that I thought was nice to hear.
            JM: :On the set and off the set, behind the scenes - it's excellent. We usually go play poker at Chris' place once a month. Everybody is great - Claudia, Ben, Michael, him. And with Amanda back, it's going to be one big, happy family. I can't wait for that."

Just wished we would get to see that same kind of chemistry and energy on screen.

Thank you, Skydiver

Comment

Originally posted by Dani76
              But, here is another tidbit from that same interview that I thought was nice to hear.
              JM: :On the set and off the set, behind the scenes - it's excellent. We usually go play poker at Chris' place once a month. Everybody is great - Claudia, Ben, Michael, him. And with Amanda back, it's going to be one big, happy family. I can't wait for that."

Just wished we would get to see that same kind of chemistry and energy on screen.
              That's what we're waiting for...that sense of TEAM and FAMILY to return...

Once Sam retakes control of SG-1, things will go smoother.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

I replied. I'm expecting to have the crap dinged out of me for it though...

For defending the Queen's honor and taking fire in the line of duty ... Samanda proudly awards you the Royal Command and Control medal!

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
                  For defending the Queen's honor and taking fire in the line of duty ... Samanda proudly awards you the Royal Command and Control medal!

Wow. This honor...it's just...so unexpected!

First, I'd like to thank the Academy...

...whoops, wrong speech.

Oh and if you like what I wrote there, you'll LOVE what I wrote here:

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=17191

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                    Fourth Horsemen

I have a feeling that we may see a big change
                    Spoiler:
                    in Lam's attitude after Fourth Horsemen, because it's amazing how much hatred people let go when they realize they are about to lose someone. And from what I have read in the spoilers Landry becomes very ill during this episode.
                    Good point! The actor needs to move to some type of more sympathetic stance to evoke sympathy from the viewer(s) ... hasn't happened yet. Her edge is too sharp and defensive to make me want to care about her.

Comment

Wow. This honor...it's just...so unexpected!

First, I'd like to thank the Academy...

...whoops, wrong speech.

Oh and if you like what I wrote there, you'll LOVE what I wrote here:

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=17191

You go girl ... not just Royal Pain in the Miktah, now Royal Defender of the Crown! Wow ... talk about transformation!

Comment

That's what we're waiting for...that sense of TEAM and FAMILY to return...

Once Sam retakes control of SG-1, things will go smoother.

Let's hope so. I, for one, cant' wait. Hopefully, we'll get a taste of it next Friday and then the second half in January will kick a**.

Actually, what Qasim posted sounds promising:
                        Originally Posted by JMallozzi
                        Hey DJ,

As you've probably already heard - Ben will play a military type, Lieutenant Colonel, who will be leading SG-1 during Carter's absence.

JM
                        P.S. Good job defending our Queen. Congratulations on the Medal, Über.

Thank you, Skydiver

Comment

I've posted my last reply on that thread though. It feels too much like L is trying to reconstitute the holy crusade he waged on the Cam should outrank Sam thread awhile back. You know, despite all evidence to the contrary, CAM SHOULD LEAD AND SAM'S HIS SUBORDINATE!!!

Puhleeze.

I even reposted the conversation between Landry and Mitchell I figured would happen soon...when Landry tells Mitchell he's giving control back to Sam.

So if you all want to slam your head against a wall, or just want to get an adrenaline rush from the irritation caused by this person's posts, then feel free to go over there and spar with him.

I've already been down that futile road myself.

Comment

I've posted my last reply on that thread though. It feels too much like L is trying to reconstitute the holy crusade he waged on the Cam should outrank Sam thread awhile back.
                            L seems to have a problem with everyone - lets just say I had a run in with him during the week
                            gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                            so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                            love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by deepspace
                              I'm a death glider pilot now!
                              *happy*
                              Now I can flyyyyyyy!
                              The Royal Samandan Air Force is proud to bestow a new medal on Little Page ... the propeller is waiting for her once she stops gliding ...

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
                                The Royal Samandan Air Force is proud to bestow a new medal on Little Page ... the propeller is waiting for her once she stops gliding ...

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y11...lyingCross.jpg
                                I guess its in for quite a wait then
                                gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                                so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                                love Torri

Comment

Working...
                                X