Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
    Why that's our one and only Deejay
    Yes, it was mine. Glad you all enjoyed it.

Originally posted by ShimmeringStar View Post
    *eyes all the first time writers from the Samandan story*

C'mon... try it, you'll like it! But seriously... you'll have 2 months to write, and it doesn't have to be a monsterpiece of a zillion words, just a ficlet of a 1000 words if you choose... C'mon... you know you wanna!
    ShimmeringStar is right everyone! Give it a try. Everyone has to start somewhere, right? We've got great prompts. we would love more writers!

Comment

Originally posted by NZNeep View Post
      Haha, that's brilliant! I love how she cracks herself up at the end
      She cracked up cause she was trying not to let the audience hear her real laugh. She kept covering the mic or moving it away the first day of the con. The next day they asked her not to do that...she said..."ok...hope I don't frighten anyone." So when she laughed that's why the audience cheered. I should have put the rest of that on there. If I still have the clip I made for some friends I'll upload it tomorrow....if I remember....

Sorry SunKrux...
      sigpic

Comment

i'll join you in pouting....video/audio and dialup...do not play well together
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Deejay435 View Post
          Yes, it was mine. Glad you all enjoyed it.

ShimmeringStar is right everyone! Give it a try. Everyone has to start somewhere, right? We've got great prompts. we would love more writers!
          we definitely need more writers. the more the merrier and the more the greater the chance for us to get a more well rounded view of the two ladies

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1 View Post
            Strangely enough, I had a conversation with a gentlemen on the flight back from a Vancouver con a few years ago like this. He asked me what I had been doing in Vancouver and I mentioned I had gone to a Sci-Fi Convention. "Oh, like a Star Trek convention?" he asked and I told him it was something similiar except it was a Stargate convention ( totally expecting to see that blank stare on his face when people have no clue what you are talking about). And he thought for a minute and then said 'Oh, that's that television show with the round circle thingy and the really cute blonde, right? Really smart? Where they go to different planets?"

Which immediately made me giggle that he had not only seen an episode of Stargate, but that he remembered it by the Stargate and the cute blonde. "Yep, that's the one I told him!"

And then he got this huge smile on his face and and turned to me and said 'I remember that one. She's really hot!!'

"Amanda Tapping."

"Huh?"

"Amanda Tapping. The actress. That's her name."

"Oh yeah. I would have liked to meet her."

"She was there. At the convention I mean."

"Really? Wow."

And we continued our discussion about Amanda and the upcoming Gabit con for the next fifteen minutes. I also found out that he was a flight instructor who happened to have some some really cool software on his laptop so the flight home was really quite enjoyable.

Just goes to show you never know what kind of conversation you're gonna strike up when you sit down next to someone on an airplane.
            Oh thats brilliant so funny. One time some Guy tried to talk to me on a plane but it didnt go down to well cause i spent the whole time having a panic attack (ps im afraid of flying) now i look back it was kinda funny.

Originally posted by Celandine View Post
            hehe...very nice! Can't ever go wrong with chocolate

Been searching a bit here and there for anything on the Breakdown short film with AT, but so far have only been able to rummage up this little teaser. Just click on the film for the Quicktime window to begin. Sss but will keep digging around.

http://crazy8s.cc/films2006.html
            Oh cool thanks

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
            HAPPY BIRTHDAY

AMANDA

From your slightly off beat bunch of Samandans
            HEHE brilliant i love it mandy good one

Originally posted by RepliCartertje View Post
            HAPPY BIRTHDAY AMANDA!!!

and for this special day, a little picspam from 10 years of Sam, cause because of Amanda's performance of Sam we wouldn't be here...
            To an amazing actress and a wonderful person!

eta: wow this is my 4700th post, what a great timing I have eh.
            Hey congratz *licks* , yay picspam i love pick spam

Originally posted by Cascade View Post
            Hehe, urgh, never fun when that happens. I don't have any sisters-in-law, but I do have a sister, who is quite a bit younger than me, which I often find myself pointing out. I also have had compliments about my parents. It's just not on!
            OH yeah had that one, guys say my mums hot and im like ewe hello dont wana here that. just as bad as my mum constantly saying how guys are always checking her out, or even that some guy was checking me out im just like thats nice mum.

Originally posted by JanSam View Post
            I actually have video of Amanda talking about if not this than a similar incident. The sound does fade in and out at the beginning, sorry.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6PbW9CMfuhU
            awe that is so funny thanks

Originally posted by NZNeep View Post
            Haha, that's brilliant! I love how she cracks herself up at the end
            Yeah me to

Spoiler:
            "Its usually just where im falling from great hights or when i come flying out through the stargate and land on the metal ramp they wont let us do that....for fear that well break things...like the ramp"

Love it
            sigpic

Amanda_Tapping_Fan

Comment

She cracked up cause she was trying not to let the audience hear her real laugh. She kept covering the mic or moving it away the first day of the con. The next day they asked her not to do that...she said..."ok...hope I don't frighten anyone." So when she laughed that's why the audience cheered. I should have put the rest of that on there. If I still have the clip I made for some friends I'll upload it tomorrow....if I remember....

Sorry SunKrux...
              Haha, that's brilliant! Her laugh there is so cute!
              Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

ilove that. basically 'we have to use stunt people so that we clumsy actors don't break the sets'

sigpic

Comment

Heh. Yep.

And now that I know that crack up bit is actually at her own laugh, it just makes it cuter!
                  Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Sorry SunKrux...
                    Aw! I want to hear her laugh! Sam doesn't laugh enough! And was that clip back around S4? Her hair was getting long!

Comment

Sorry SunKrux...

Not your fault JanSam. Deejay sent me a pm with the link so I can watch it when I get my new (used) speakers from my friend.
                      sigpic
                      I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Amanda_Tapping_Fan View Post
                        Oh thats brilliant so funny. One time some Guy tried to talk to me on a plane but it didnt go down to well cause i spent the whole time having a panic attack (ps im afraid of flying) now i look back it was kinda funny.
                        I totally understand. I'm terrified of flying as well. Which is part of the reason sitting next to this guy was interesting because I had mentioned to him before the plane took off that I wasn't the best flier and he would have to forgive me if I suddenly stopped talking or appeared to be ignoring him because it may end up taking every ounce of fiber I had to keep myself from going into a massive panic attack. He was really sweet though and every time we hit a pocket of turbulence he'd try to calm me down. There was even a moment at the end of the flight when our plane suddenly lifted back up into the air upon decending and circled around, and he kept trying to reassure me that everything was perfectly ok. I'm sure my white knuckles digging into the arm rest was probably a huge indicator that I was more than a little bit nervous, but it was actually really nice because it was the first trip I'd been on without my husband in five years so I probably needed all the reassurances I could get.

Comment

Originally posted by stargate barbie View Post
                          here's a little ficlet that made me laugh out loud.
                          http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3754963/1/Drug_of_Choice

also, a belated happy birthday to the fabulous amanda tapping, her bro, and any and all who are fortunate enough to share a b-day with her. although i'm sure she'll never see this. its the thought that counts though right?
                          Very cool! Thanks for linking us up Barbie! I love the thought of Amanda on her bike 'easy riding' down the road. mmm..

I actually have video of Amanda talking about if not this than a similar incident. The sound does fade in and out at the beginning, sorry.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6PbW9CMfuhU
                          Freaking hilarious! Thanks for the link! 'Break the ramp...' hehe That last bit had me laughing out loud along with Amanda. Oh and she has the cutest laugh. *nodsnodsnodsnods*

Originally posted by Deejay435 View Post
                          VALA-SAM FRIENDSHIP FICATHON

I know Sky posted this yesterday, but I thought overkill never hurt anybody.

We're still taking prompts for a couple of more days here: Prompts Open till Sept 1.

And there is still time to sign up as a writer: Writers can sign up till September 15.

We've got 11 writers so far, but would love more.
                          aye...still pondering the thought of entering something here. Havent forgotten though. Thanks!

Originally posted by SunKrux View Post
                          *pouts because she can't listen to any of the fun vids folks are sharing lately since her speakers at home DIED

That's all I'm saying. I wanna hear Amanda crack herself up. But by the time I get new speakers...those links will be buried or even better, I will have forgotten about them.

Amanda rocks!
                          awe...I'm sorry you werent able to hear the videos and I hope your able to get those speakers soon. *hugs*

oh woo! Just read that link was sent to you by Deejay for later. How awesome is that?

Comment

Originally posted by Celandine View Post
                            Very cool! Thanks for linking us up Barbie! I love the thought of Amanda on her bike 'easy riding' down the road. mmm..
                            Haha... that reminds me of a quote from the first season of Bad Girls. One of the prisoners asks the two Julies why they call one of the prison officers "biker boy."

(Paraphrasing) They were like "Oh, have you never seen him in his leathers? I mean... easy ride or what? Mmmmmm."

So now I'm thinking Sam... leathers... mmmmm.
                            Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

This is kinda OT, but I figured there may be a couple of JAG fans here. I dabbled in the series a bit years ago, but that was post-XF and pre-SG, so I wasn't all that into it.

I've been watching several episodes lately, and couldn't help but notice the striking parallels between the marine Major-cum-Lt. Colonel Sarah "Mac" MacKenzie and Carter - most notably their BWC.

Between Carter and Mac and one of the women from the Lifetime series "Army Wives", Lt. Colonel Joan Bourke, there seems to be a nice combination of memorable servicewomen on TV. Like Stargate, JAG seems to have had a huge international following that I didn't fully realize before.

It definitely explains all the crossover fics between JAG/SG that I saw years ago. And now I can add Catherine Bell to the wishlist of people whom I'd like to see play a role opposite Amanda Tapping one day.

If you haven't checked it out yet, you should try it... especially if you're a S/J shipper. There's loads of potential parallels there.

Comment

Originally posted by SunKrux View Post
                                *pouts because she can't listen to any of the fun vids folks are sharing lately since her speakers at home DIED

That's all I'm saying. I wanna hear Amanda crack herself up. But by the time I get new speakers...those links will be buried or even better, I will have forgotten about them.

Amanda rocks!
                                The solution to your woes. Save for later! http://vconvert.net/
                                Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
                                William Shakespeare

Meddle ye not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and tasty with ketchup.
                                Anon

Comment

Working...
                                X