Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chelle db View Post
    ...LOL...with all that talk about ribbing, ridges, screwing twisting...are we still talking about Stargate??
    heh, I had that phrase stuck in my head because of a conversation I had over the weekend. The structure of the conversation went a bit like this:

Hokey Pokey ice cream (a NZ flavour)
    ... can't be bothered getting bowls
    ... just eat it off each other
    ... haha, will be finding bits of hokey pokey for weeks
    ... ribbed for her pleasure!

Hahahaha! Guess you had to be there.

I would imagine that she would still be working on SGA or Sanctuary so I doubt she'll have the day off. But I'm sure she'll get a load of Olivia huggles and cake!!!
    Chocolaty kisses from toddlers rock

Anyway... this is my birthday wish for Amanda:

(spoilers for another truly awful Edward Monkton style scribble)
    Spoiler:
    Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Happy Birthday Amanda!!!

Comment

Argghh...it really irks me that MGM/Skiffy think we are so stupid to not know the difference between SG1 and SGA...now which one is it that has that cute blonde who always saves the day???...you know...the hot one!!! Just joking!!
        (
        *snipped*

Strangely enough, I had a conversation with a gentlemen on the flight back from a Vancouver con a few years ago like this. He asked me what I had been doing in Vancouver and I mentioned I had gone to a Sci-Fi Convention. "Oh, like a Star Trek convention?" he asked and I told him it was something similiar except it was a Stargate convention ( totally expecting to see that blank stare on his face when people have no clue what you are talking about). And he thought for a minute and then said 'Oh, that's that television show with the round circle thingy and the really cute blonde, right? Really smart? Where they go to different planets?"

Which immediately made me giggle that he had not only seen an episode of Stargate, but that he remembered it by the Stargate and the cute blonde. "Yep, that's the one I told him!"

And then he got this huge smile on his face and and turned to me and said 'I remember that one. She's really hot!!'

"Amanda Tapping."

"Huh?"

"Amanda Tapping. The actress. That's her name."

"Oh yeah. I would have liked to meet her."

"She was there. At the convention I mean."

"Really? Wow."

And we continued our discussion about Amanda and the upcoming Gabit con for the next fifteen minutes. I also found out that he was a flight instructor who happened to have some some really cool software on his laptop so the flight home was really quite enjoyable.

Just goes to show you never know what kind of conversation you're gonna strike up when you sit down next to someone on an airplane.
        Last edited by ForeverSg1; 28 August 2007, 06:18 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by NZNeep View Post
          Anyway... this is my birthday wish for Amanda:

(spoilers for another truly awful Edward Monkton style scribble)
          Spoiler:

hehe...very nice! Can't ever go wrong with chocolate

Been searching a bit here and there for anything on the Breakdown short film with AT, but so far have only been able to rummage up this little teaser. Just click on the film for the Quicktime window to begin. Sss but will keep digging around.

http://crazy8s.cc/films2006.html

Comment

A very HAPPY BIRTHDAY AMANDA and also brother Christopher! hope you get all you wish for

Wonder if Amanda's brothers visit Samanda?
            ......TARA......

Comment

Originally posted by tara3583 View Post
              A very HAPPY BIRTHDAY AMANDA and also brother Christopher! hope you get all you wish for

Wonder if Amanda's brothers visit Samanda?
              Haha, that would be weird.

Kinda like my sister-in-laws always telling me how hot my brothers are.

Sigh.
              Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1 View Post
                Strangely enough, I had a conversation with a gentlemen on the flight back from a Vancouver con a few years ago like this. He asked me what I had been doing in Vancouver and I mentioned I had gone to a Sci-Fi Convention. "Oh, like a Star Trek convention?" he asked and I told him it was something similiar except it was a Stargate convention ( totally expecting to see that blank stare on his face when people have no clue what you are talking about). And he thought for a minute and then said 'Oh, that's that television show with the round circle thingy and the really cute blonde, right? Really smart? Where they go to different planets?"

Which immediately made me giggle that he had not only seen an episode of Stargate, but that he remembered it by the Stargate and the cute blonde. "Yep, that's the one I told him!"

And then he got this huge smile on his face and and turned to me and said 'I remember that one. She's really hot!!'

"Amanda Tapping."

"Huh?"

"Amanda Tapping. The actress. That's her name."

"Oh yeah. I would have liked to meet her."

"She was there. At the convention I mean."

"Really? Wow."

And we continued our discussion about Amanda and the upcoming Gabit con for the next fifteen minutes. I also found out that he was a flight instructor who happened to have some some really cool software on his laptop so the flight home was really quite enjoyable.

Just goes to show you never know what kind of conversation you're gonna strike up when you sit down next to someone on an airplane.
                Nice! I love talking to strangers on planes and in airports *g* have found some wonderful people. I used to watch Stargate at my mates house when I was 15/16 and she'd wander in, make the odd disparaging remark and wander off again. 7 years later I mention I am going to a Stargate convention....her response ..."Stargate?? Oooh, thats the one with the hot blonde." The mind boggles.

Originally posted by NZNeep View Post
                Haha, that would be weird.

Kinda like my sister-in-laws always telling me how hot my brothers are.

Sigh.
                One of my best mates repeatedly tells me how cute/hot my brothers are and repeatedly demands I bring one in particular with me whenever I visit...it freaks me out...*shudder*
                sigpic
                Thank you to Lies for my signature pic
                My Fanfic~My Femslash

Comment

HAPPY BIRTHDAY

AMANDA

From your slightly off beat bunch of Samandans
                  sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

HAPPY BIRTHDAY AMANDA!!!!!!

Comment

I walked into work this morning and one of my co-workers told me it was Amanda Tapping's birthday today. And it occurred to me how weird it was that two geeky editors in the same small office would a) know this, and b) actually care about it. Weird, but kinda cool, too. So....

Happy birthday, Amanda!

My LJ

Comment

Comment

HAPPY BIRTHDAY AMANDA!!!

and for this special day, a little picspam from 10 years of Sam, cause because of Amanda's performance of Sam we wouldn't be here...
                          To an amazing actress and a wonderful person!

eta: wow this is my 4700th post, what a great timing I have eh.
                          Last edited by RepliCartertje; 28 August 2007, 10:07 AM.

Comment

Congrats on 4,700 Eve! And thanks for the picspam

Comment

Originally posted by antoa315 View Post
                              Congrats on 4,700 Eve! And thanks for the picspam
                              Indeed! Congrats on 4700, Eve, and thanks for the pics. Also, happy B-day to AT.

Comment

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, AMANDA!

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Working...
                                X