No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This was my yesterday's post / announcement for AmandaTapping.Com to both its newsletter and the discussion group affiliated with it and it includes the info on the collecting of Easter greetings for Amanda, so please read if you wish to participate! And thanks!

---
    Hello!

Next week, before Easter will see the updates in the form of Stargate
    SG-1 season 3 improved-quality pictures at AmandaTapping.Com. Also,
    please check back within 12 hours from now and we will have some
    screencaptures from the brand-new Sanctuary trailer released by the
    show's official website just a few days ago.

In the meantime, I would like to announce that AmandaTapping.Com will be
    collecting Easter greetings from Amanda's fans to be put up on separate
    pages and then presented to herself. Please use the address
    [email protected] to send your greetings.

Just a couple of guidelines:
    1. Please ensure your email has EASTER 2007 in its subject line.
    2. I would suggest you ask for a confirmation of its receipt when
    sending it. That way you will know for sure it got to me and that no
    technology issues got in the way.
    3. The DEADLINE for sending those is April 6, 2007, 10pm Central Europe
    Time (CET).

Thanks for your participation! Have a Happy Easter!

And, coming back to Sanctuary, be sure to visit their official website
    (the link to it is in the AmandaTapping.Com menu on your left) and check
    their newest updates.

Best wishes to all,
    Kamil
    (the webmaster)
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by starrgazer
      I can confirm that I have seen said photos!
      Yes, we viewed them together! Sunday was a lot of fun! *hugs*

My list...um. All I know for sure is Sam Carter is #1.

A little story...when we were waiting for our flight to Vancouver, my friend and I met a young girl. She was on her way to Huntsville, Alabama and was going to NASA. I'd been there once and we started talking. We asked if she was going to become an astronaut. She was just SO excited about going. She said no, she was going to be a NASA scientist. All I could think was mini-Carter. And from the few minutes I spent with this girl, I could tell she would achieve that dream and do some great things with her life. Made me smile.

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz View Post

On topic...??

OK, here's a question:

Show of hands, how many people would fly to San Diego for Comic Con if they found out that DK, Amanda Tapping and some other members of the cast and crew were going to be there?
      Well, when is it? How much is it? I am seriously thinking AT3 though. I'd have to save for that. Speaking of which...I will have some questions about GABIT cons a bit later.

Comment

Originally posted by L.A. Doyle View Post
        Well, when is it? How much is it? I am seriously thinking AT3 though. I'd have to save for that. Speaking of which...I will have some questions about GABIT cons a bit later.
        All you need to know about COMIC CON can be found by clicking on "Comic Con"

Further searching led me to this:

WHEN: JULY 25 - 29, 2007
        WHERE: SAN DIEGO, CA
        $$$$ aka Registration fee:
        $50 for an adult FOUR DAY PASS
        $25 for kids (12 - 17) and or Seniors (65+) FOUR DAY PASS

These prices are only good if you register ONLINE NOW.
        sigpic
        I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek View Post
          I think we're the only people around who are addicted to sushi some days. Tenderized or not, I'll take great sushi any day, any time! Actually I recall AmberMoon is quite a worldly wise sushi eater herself... she even knows how to order in Japanese!!

Not that this has anything to do with this thread. But when am I ever *really* on topic anyhow?
          Oooh...ooh. I know. Amanda likes sushi!

How's THAT for a redirect to the thread topic!!!!!!

*pats self on back*

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan View Post
            Oooh...ooh. I know. Amanda likes sushi!

How's THAT for a redirect to the thread topic!!!!!!

*pats self on back*

Smooth, oooober, smooth.

NC

Comment

Originally posted by SunKrux View Post
              WHEN: JULY 25 - 29, 2007
              WHERE: SAN DIEGO, CA
              $$$$ aka Registration fee:
              $50 for an adult FOUR DAY PASS
              $25 for kids (12 - 17) and or Seniors (65+) FOUR DAY PASS

These prices are only good if you register ONLINE NOW.
              I will only be able to go two days, maybe three, do you think it would still be worth buying the 4 day pass?

I've only been once and it was only for a day and my friend had a pass for me.

Comment

Originally posted by antoa315 View Post
                I will only be able to go two days, maybe three, do you think it would still be worth buying the 4 day pass?

Well from what tsaxlady and the website have said, I'd say yes...unless you'd rather spend the time you're going to be at the con standing IN A LONG EEMA LINE trying to get just a pass for one day. It's all about your comfort and stress levels...what's more important, saving a few bucks and standing in long eema line or getting the 4 day pass and breezing right on by that long eema line?

I may only be there for Friday or Saturday - Sunday but I'm going to get the 4 day pass online so I don't have to worry about standing in any long eema line for a pass. I hatesssss long eema lines.
                sigpic
                I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by meredithchandler73 View Post
                  I'm pretty sure someone else posted this, but maybe it wasn't here. I couldn't find it in a search. (My apologies for not crediting the person who did it first.) I stumbled on this clip of Amanda at one of the cons (it must have been during season 8) and it makes me SOOOO happy. She is such a crackup.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=samS2hPn_Fs

There is definitely a distinction between Amanda and Sam! I love how she describes the scene from Chimera. Anyone else notice how she slips into a British accent? Heehee. LOVE THAT! I'm seriously going to watch this clip every morning to have an Amanda Boost to start my day.

For anyone that was at the con - can you answer a question for me? She is talking about not wanting Sam to be sexualized and then she glances to the side and says, "...well...hello" and I'm guessing she is referring to a sexy picture of her. Can anyone confirm?

Okay that con was the Burbank 2004 one - I was at that con and off to the right of the stage was a huge banner of this promo shot
                  Starting with Carmen Argenzano ever person that came out on stage made some type of comment about the banner. Chris Judge went and placed his head on the banner and said "Sam". At the end of Amanda's time on stage when they asked her to sign the banner she signed it across the chest after some encouragement from the audience. They sold the banner later that day and two guys got into a bidding war - the banner ended up selling for $850.
                  My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz View Post
                    Aww, I love that little guy. Glad to see all is well.

On topic...??

OK, here's a question:

Show of hands, how many people would fly to San Diego for Comic Con if they found out that DK, Amanda Tapping and some other members of the cast and crew were going to be there?
                    RAISES HAND HIGH - Flying NO - Driving and Train YES

I would drive since I live in LA! I was planning on driving down anyway.
                    I drive to LA then take the train - I hate the traffic from LA to SD during Comic Con - train station in SD is walking distance to Convention Center - if you drive PM for info on were to try and park - with 114,000+ people at Comic Con parking can be difficult

Passes are $50 online until April 3rd - then they go up to $55 for a few weeks then up to $65 - one day pass is $25 or $30 (not sure what they will be this year) but it is worth pre-reg. due to lines - if Saturday is going to be your first day plan on arriving early to get in line for passes if you have not pre-reg. If you do pre-reg. online make sure you print out the bar code form and take it with you - you will need it with a photo ID to get in the express check in line.

I LOVE Comic Con - lots of stuff to see - lots of exhibitors (8,000 + last year) - 4 nights in a row of staying up very late (Spazzie you ready)

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady View Post
                      I drive to LA then take the train - I hate the traffic from LA to SD during Comic Con - train station in SD is walking distance to Convention Center - if you drive PM for info on were to try and park - with 114,000+ people at Comic Con parking can be difficult
                      The train is a good idea. I might have to look into that.

Of course we could be crashing at Neelan_Liquor's place, then we will probably drive down to San Diego and leave our car at her place and take the train into the city.

Sounds like the 4 day passes are a good deal even if you are just going to 2 days.

Comment

The train is a good idea. I might have to look into that.

Of course we could be crashing at Neelan_Liquor's place, then we will probably drive down to San Diego and leave our car at her place and take the train into the city.

Sounds like the 4 day passes are a good deal even if you are just going to 2 days.
                        Yeah I read on the other thread you were going to stay with NL. Just plan on extra time getting to SD that weekend. I drove twice to Comic Con before I swtiched to taking the train down. Even with stops the train is faster. Plus you never know who you will run into on the train - last year it was Ron Moore

Comment

Spazzy, Kat and Tsax have convinced me that I might just pop my con-cherry with this one. GULP. (AT2 was not a con - it just wasn't ) - I have some plans to travel a bit in the fall which I'm so excited about and need to keep, but if I can arrange to also have some time in July, I'm gonna see if I can go. If only to see some of you guys again. I miss everyone!!!

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                          ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Thanks spazzy! Glad you like it. I'm makin' these while I'm bored rendering other stuff. This last one I made this morning in like, 20 minutes - needless to say this one has little to no video footage edited, just for tempo and sequencing really - but it's a fun diversion from work. Famantha has ordered me to stop making them though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4fTPWssU_Ds

I'm not sure if I'll be good about that or not.

very nice, min.

while i was watching your newest one, i started to realize... when i first watched the trailer of the sanc website, i downloaded it to my computer. it was flawed, so when i saw all three of your vids and wondered why i was seeing extensions of all the scenes from the original vid... again, the one i'd d/led flawed. every scene froze in a spot, and i didn't realize it wasn't part of the presentation until yours. but i just went back and watched the trailer right off the sanc site and it played like yours. i LOVE the drum music playing it it.

just thought i'd share.

sally
                            sally

sigpic

Comment

Spazzy, Kat and Tsax have convinced me that I might just pop my con-cherry with this one. GULP. (AT2 was not a con - it just wasn't ) - I have some plans to travel a bit in the fall which I'm so excited about and need to keep, but if I can arrange to also have some time in July, I'm gonna see if I can go. If only to see some of you guys again. I miss everyone!!!
                              Hmmmmm... tempting. Is Amanda going to be there, or is that just wishful thinking?

My LJ

Comment

Originally posted by Strix varia View Post
                                Hmmmmm... tempting. Is Amanda going to be there, or is that just wishful thinking?
                                Have not heard for sure if Amanda will be attending or not. Damian K. has said that the Sanctuary folks would be there in some capacity. MGM/SciFi may even have Amanda there to promote Stargate. She has been twice before and they wanted her there last year but she had just finished with SL and then went to the LA press junket for SciFi so she opted out of Comic Con to go home and spend time with her family before filming started again.

Comment

Working...
                                X