Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by starrgazer
    Hi everyone!!

Sorry for not posting sooner - I've been lurking... and I'm about a million pages behind. I think I'm just going to quit hoping to catch up (curses the stupid Con hotel internet connection!!!) and start from here.

Yay Geek!Sam (antoa315) for joining us! Did I mention I loved your costume? I don't think I did - we were too busy discussing Patrick Stewart! I LOVED your costume, and congrats on winning !

The con was pretty cool - it was especially wonderful getting to meet everyone that I did! ShimmeringStar and I had a wonderful conversation in the lobby waiting to meet Bruce W! And I got to meet a gazillion other people through her! LAD and Donamac, Sunday was wonderful - I didn't want to leave the party . And so, SO many more!!! (Only regret: Didn't touch the stargates. D'OH!!!!! ... lol and for those of you that don't know... taking out Cliff Simon in the elevator... hmmm - should that be a regret??? lol ).

And, I now have the words to the SG-1 theme running through my head constantly... hmmmm wonder why....

Now onto thread stuff... Kir!! We love you! Don't leave!!

Hope you are all well - I miss you!!!

*runs off to do work*

Cheers,
    Starr
    Welcome back starrgazer, hope you had a great time

Oh and if you feel like sushi, I think someone tossed mini a fish...or was that smacked mini with a fish I can never remember what mini does with her fish
    sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by L.A. Doyle View Post
      You were geeky Sam, right? You know, you're like a celebrity now!
      yep! That was me.

Originally posted by minigeek View Post
      PICS! We need PICS!
      I haven't uploaded mine yet, but I know there are come out there.

[QUOTE=Agent_Dark;6505966]ffs, you guys post too much. And that was only less than a week I had to catch up on :|

3. ZOMG... (Atlantis s4 spoilers)
      Spoiler:
      It's been reported that there are pictures belonging to Sam in Weir's office from a set tour at the convention??? :O

I posted this news to a list that I am on. I was too quick in and out to notice - there were 15 people crammed into that tiny room - but it was confirmed in photos by a friend - I just need to get a hold of said photos!

Comment

Ten favourite female SF characters... hm, here are 10 in no particular order and subject to change.

Hazel Meade Stone (Moon is a Harsh Mistress/Space Family Stone, Bob Heinlein)
        Wyoming Knott (The Moon is a Harsh Mistress, Heinlein)
        Kira Nerys (Star Trek Deep Space Nine)
        Susan Ivanova (Babylon 5)
        Sam Carter (SG1)
        Ororo Monroe (X-Men - talking the comics here, but I loved Kitty and Jean and Rogue and Mystique and her lover, Destiny and Storm's beautiful Japanese girlfriend who's name I'm blanking on and most of Chris Clairmont's strong female characters)
        Modesty Blaise (O'Donnell and Holdaway)
        Andra (obscure but fabulous children's book by Louise Lawrence, one of the first skiffy books I read at about 11 years old and the heroine is still with me to this day)
        Granny Weatherwax (Discworld, actually, all the different Discworld witches from Gytha to Tiffany are fabulous, don't really count as skiffy though)
        Ripley (Alien)

FF
        Last edited by Frostfox; 30 March 2007, 11:01 AM.
        sigpic

Comment

Starr - darlin' - you are cut off from anything remotely caffeinated for the rest of the day. Week, even.

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
          ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1 View Post
            I think part of the problem for many of us is that we have no clue as to what the issue is. There may be a chosen few who do, but the rest of us appear to be in the dark.
            Yup. I have no idea what's up. And we're not just talking about my regular state of semi-dimness here...we're talking advanced cluelessness.
            I can't speak for anyone else, but personally when I don't know how to respond to someones comment -- my first reaction is to try to lighten the mood, which I think is what others have been doing as well.
            That's my first reaction too. When in the dark...crack a joke!
            My biggest advice to anyone lurking or posting, don't take things personally. Unless someone specifically sends you a nasty comment, try not to read more into someone's response than what is truly there. Often, it's just a matter of miscommunication and no harm was meant. Unless of course, the comment is made by Ooober, Spaz or Mini. They are all well known for doggin' people all over the place, but everyone else seems ok to me. Well...ok... in a I-think-I'm-gonna-paint-my-cell-pink-today kind of way.
            Pfffffffffffffffffffft. Talk to the hand, my friend.

*Ooooober realizes she's been hanging around Myrth too long*

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

My favourite sci-fi actress top 10:

Amanda Tapping X 10!

(you probably saw that one coming didn't you?! )

Oh and before I forget, welcome all newbies!
              : Now you, you I would listen to if you were reading a phonebook.
              Geeky : Oh brother...
              : See I love this whole sexy librarian thing...

Supporting Samantha Carter as leader of Atlantis

Comment

Ok, my contribution to the top 10 thread:
                Samantha Carter
                Dana Scully
                Helen Magnus
                Janet Frasier
                Georgia "George" Lass - Dead Like Me
                Inara Serra - Firefly
                Kaylee - Firefly
                Zoe - Firefly
                Isabel Evans - Roswell
                Kate Austen - Lost

And I must say I certainly don't recall seeing anything on the list that was mean or angry. I'm as clueless as the rest.
                Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
                William Shakespeare

Meddle ye not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and tasty with ketchup.
                Anon

Comment

My List:

Samantha Carter
                  Janet Frasier
                  Mrs. Incredible (had to throw in a superhero Mom)
                  Janeway
                  Ripley
                  Zoe - Firefly
                  Buffy ( )

Much credit to Replicatertje and Ann Sgc_Fan for their lovely sigs

Comment

Originally posted by Sg Gato View Post
                    My List:

Samantha Carter
                    Janet Frasier
                    Mrs. Incredible (had to throw in a superhero Mom)
                    Janeway
                    Ripley
                    Zoe - Firefly
                    Buffy ( )
                    Ok who is Ripley??

and Buffy is cool I mean she can kick some major behinds

After seeing everyone his list I so forgot a lot of them How can you really ask for 10 favourite, I mean I have so much more...but I know Sam is my favourite

Comment

Originally posted by RepliCartertje View Post
                      Ok who is Ripley??

and Buffy is cool I mean she can kick some major behinds

After seeing everyone his list I so forgot a lot of them How can you really ask for 10 favourite, I mean I have so much more...but I know Sam is my favourite
                      Are you for real ???
                      Alien

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek View Post
                        Starr - darlin' - you are cut off from anything remotely caffeinated for the rest of the day. Week, even.

*snort*

That picture is awesome! That is me right now... off to work on 1 hours sleep because I can't sleep in my old bed at home. And I'm not used to it anymore because I actually sleep these days! *guzzles end of coffee*

As for Starr... want some of mine? I'm sure mini won't mind
                        Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Originally posted by nihela View Post
                          Are you for real ???
                          Alien
                          Mmmm Yeah I think I am real...Although you never know eh...

Alien as in the movies?? sorry never seen them...that is why I don't know her I guess lol...

Comment

Oh and off topic... nice to see little Knut has been cleared of any implication in his neighbour's death. He's just too cute to be a murderer, but that is how those crafty polar bears work

*ETA*

"Oh and off topic..."

Who am I kidding? When was I *on* topic?
                            Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Originally posted by starrgazer
                              mmm sushi... though I prefer the kind that hasn't been tenderized...
                              I think we're the only people around who are addicted to sushi some days. Tenderized or not, I'll take great sushi any day, any time! Actually I recall AmberMoon is quite a worldly wise sushi eater herself... she even knows how to order in Japanese!!

Not that this has anything to do with this thread. But when am I ever *really* on topic anyhow?

Comment

Originally posted by NZBG View Post
                                "Oh and off topic..."

Who am I kidding? When was I *on* topic?
                                Oh my god, GMTA! I swear I didn't read that until just now! LOL What is in that coffee?

Comment

Working...
                                X