Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz View Post
    Aww, I love that little guy. Glad to see all is well.

On topic...??

OK, here's a question:

Show of hands, how many people would fly to San Diego for Comic Con if they found out that DK, Amanda Tapping and some other members of the cast and crew were going to be there?
    ME!! Unfortunately I would need to win the lottery first and renew my passport.
    Hmmmm, Lotto is $21million tonight, I better go buy a ticket
    -

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek View Post
      PICS! We need PICS!
      OK, my roomie shimmeringstar uploaded some pics that she took right after I got dressed - these are the best I've seen so far, so I'll share.

Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by antoa315 View Post
        OK, my roomie shimmeringstar uploaded some pics that she took right after I got dressed - these are the best I've seen so far, so I'll share.

Aw, it's you! You really were great! Guys, she had the whole room chanting 'Geeky Sam! Geeky Sam!' She won, hands down!

Comment

That's it. You're coming over and cooking for me. Get on a plane. Go, go!

(I've always wanted my very own sushi slavechef!)
          Right away! You know, I probably could... if I get a quote for a laptop, then studylink will put $1000 in my student loan as "course related costs." Then I could buy a one way ticket.

*Starts packing her nori, makisu, ryoribashi and kikkoman*

You will just have to kill me, so my student loan dies with me and I don't have to pay it back.

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan View Post
          Oooh...ooh. I know. Amanda likes sushi!

How's THAT for a redirect to the thread topic!!!!!!

*pats self on back*
          Nice save!

You know, I was thinking about something Sam-related at work today. I was going to post it here when I got home, but I forgot what it was.

But I do have some news... on Monday I'm going to bite the bullet and pay the awful prices for internet at my flat. I will be all online and stuff again! I will be a very happy girl
          Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady View Post
            I LOVE Comic Con - lots of stuff to see - lots of exhibitors (8,000 + last year) - 4 nights in a row of staying up very late (Spazzie you ready)
            LOL, third time's a charm tsax.

Spazzy, Kat and Tsax have convinced me that I might just pop my con-cherry with this one. GULP. (AT2 was not a con - it just wasn't ) - I have some plans to travel a bit in the fall which I'm so excited about and need to keep, but if I can arrange to also have some time in July, I'm gonna see if I can go. If only to see some of you guys again. I miss everyone!!!
            Yay! One down, 25 to go.

Originally posted by Strix varia View Post
            Hmmmmm... tempting. Is Amanda going to be there, or is that just wishful thinking?
            Look, here's another one! Nice timing, Strix. I was just gonna PM you about it this weekend. I figured, if you could convince me to try my hand at London at the last minute, the least I could do was bug you about San Diego this summer.

Originally posted by tsaxlady View Post
            Have not heard for sure if Amanda will be attending or not. Damian K. has said that the Sanctuary folks would be there in some capacity. MGM/SciFi may even have Amanda there to promote Stargate. She has been twice before and they wanted her there last year but she had just finished with SL and then went to the LA press junket for SciFi so she opted out of Comic Con to go home and spend time with her family before filming started again.
            I wondered if it was wishful thinking too, but that was definitely the logic I used when I made my final decision. If Amanda doesn't go, that's OK. But if she does go, there's a chance of getting double helpings - with potential mixtures of DK/Robin Dunne and DH/JF/JM/RL/DN for good measure. And I guess I've kinda become a bit of a glutton. Meh.

Originally posted by antoa315 View Post

Spoiler:

Awwwwesome! That's so great, antoa - I love it! How are you liking your celebrity status these days?

Comment

Spazzy, Kat and Tsax have convinced me that I might just pop my con-cherry with this one. GULP. (AT2 was not a con - it just wasn't )
              What? You mean I'm still a virgin?
              scarimor

Comment

Sweet, innocent Scari.
                Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

My top 10 Female SF Characters
                  1. Samantha Carter (All the way) (Stargate Sg-1)
                  2. Janet Fraiser (Stargate Sg-1)
                  3. Capt. Katherine Janeway (Startrek Voyager)
                  4. Ripley (Alien Movies)
                  5. Princess Leia (Star Wars)
                  6. Kaylee (Firefly/Serenety)
                  7. Dr. Crusher (Startrek TNG)
                  8. Isabelle Evens (Roswell)
                  9. Seven of Nine (Startrek Voyager)
                  10. Mrs. Incredible

well thats them

Man i wana go to AT3 but im too broke and it would cost way more than I can afford to go. Basically my only chance is if I win the lottery so as much as I wana go I cant and its eating me up inside I just wana cry.
                  sigpic

Amanda_Tapping_Fan

Comment

Morning Everyone,

I just caught up on the posts and I was windering why are the GABIT AT events not looked at as proper cons? I'm confused, is it because its about AT and not all SG cast, or is it because its only small, or were you just joking and I've completely missed the joke maybe? That would be so like me LOL, just wondering...

Julia(samcarterrules)
                    sigpic
                    Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

Originally posted by NearlyCircular View Post
                      By the way, sky, and chelle, I put down your names since you gave them here, but you're not in the members list on Sanctuary, so maybe your registrations didn't make it through.

NC
                      Thanks NC...just out of curiosity though...can someone please put in a link to this site so I can re-register if necessary. How many Sanctuary site are there now??? I know I registered in 2...I think...
                      Originally posted by Tracy Jane View Post
                      I'm all confuzzled. I go off the radar for a couple of days and this place goes wild. I miss ALL the fun.
                      Same here...I'll join you in the cafuzzled line if that's ok!!
                      Originally posted by SamCarterFan View Post
                      My favourite sci-fi actress top 10:

Amanda Tapping X 10!

(you probably saw that one coming didn't you?! )

Oh and before I forget, welcome all newbies!
                      Hehehe...I was gonna say that...D'oH!!
                      Originally posted by the dancer of spaz View Post
                      Aww, I love that little guy. Glad to see all is well.

On topic...??

OK, here's a question:

Show of hands, how many people would fly to San Diego for Comic Con if they found out that DK, Amanda Tapping and some other members of the cast and crew were going to be there?
                      I would...if I could but alas that would require a lot of money...a lot more than I have...I would go anywhere around the world just to see Amanda!
                      Originally posted by SunKrux View Post
                      Good idea FF!
                      My list (the top three will not change, the rest are subject to change):

1- Aeryn Sun
                      2- Sam Carter
                      3- Marugerite Krux (for those that don't know she's from the show "Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's The Lost World")
                      4- Cordiela Chase (Angel)
                      5- Winifred "Fred" Burkle (Angel)
                      6- Inara (Firefly)
                      7- Janet Fraser
                      8- Dana Scully
                      9- Dr. Beverly Crusher
                      10- Deana Troi
                      Oooh I like your list especially numbers 2, 3, 7, 9 and 10.
                      My list would be something like this....

1. Samantha Carter
                      2. Janet Fraser
                      3. Willow (Buffy)
                      4. Margerite (from The Lost World)
                      5. Helen Magnus
                      6. Ashley Magnus
                      7. Ripley (especially in the second movie...that was awesome!!)
                      8. Katherine Janeway
                      9. Seven of Nine
                      10. Beverley Crusher
                      Originally posted by RealmOfX View Post
                      ME!! Unfortunately I would need to win the lottery first and renew my passport.
                      Hmmmm, Lotto is $21million tonight, I better go buy a ticket
                      I got an idea!! IF...I should win the 21 mill tonight...coz I'm hoping my numbers come up soon...I will take you to Comic Con...and if you want you can join me and AD at AT3...coz I promised him that I would take him if I won the lottery!! Sound ok??

WooHoo...2 days and I finally caught up...heaven help me when we go away next week.
                      Ok...hope you all had a great day...hope you all have a great weekend.
                      Take care everyone, be safe, stay happy and hug your loved ones...especially when they bring you peppermint chocolate ice cream...even though you're freezing your tooshi off coz it's still not cold enough to start the heater but it's cold enough to make you wish you could!!

(((Samanda)))
                      "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                      Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                      ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by samcarterrules View Post
                        Morning Everyone,

I just caught up on the posts and I was windering why are the GABIT AT events not looked at as proper cons? I'm confused, is it because its about AT and not all SG cast, or is it because its only small, or were you just joking and I've completely missed the joke maybe? That would be so like me LOL, just wondering...

Julia(samcarterrules)
                        Being stuck on the other side of the world (sigh) I'm not exactly sure... but maybe it has something to do with the fact that they aren't all big and scary? That they feel more friendly and intimate? I so want to go to a GABIT!
                        Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Hiya Chelle You're my friend.

^That has nothing to do with any lottery btw
                          Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Originally posted by samcarterrules View Post
                            Morning Everyone,

Julia(samcarterrules)
                            The GABIT event was definitely a proper event, it was extremely well organized and tightly run, but I suppose the reason I don't consider it a "con" is because - you never really noticed you were at a big event. It was so ... from what I've read and heard of conventions, when you compare the fairly intimate and very personalized format of GABIT, you really come away with something that stands head and shoulders above any "con" I've ever heard of. At GABIT you are a real person, not a number on a badge amongst thousands of other badges. It was a lot more like a great big 3 day slumber party with close friends than it was anything else (well, except we didn't really SLEEP! lol ). Again, this is just my own personal opinion. I just felt a lot like WE were the "special guests" at GABIT, and Amanda was sort of, one of us, almost. It felt as though Amanda came there to see us as much as we came there to see her. The word "convention" does mean a coming together of people, but (to me) it has always also rather implied a fairly formal and impersonal venue where you move through orchestrated exhibits and wait your turn for each next bit of the event. While I was at GABIT last year, it was like being at "Cheers" (that great old bar where "everybody knows your name" and you're always among friends). So that's the difference, to me. It wasn't like a con, it was like - well - family.

Gah, now I can't wait till AT3!

hugs&love,
                            geek **

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                            ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Originally posted by NZBG View Post
                              Hiya Chelle You're my friend.

^That has nothing to do with any lottery btw
                              Hehehehe...you're an angel...and I'm glad to call you my friend sweetie!!
                              BTW...if I win the big one tonight...I'll pick you up on the way through...how's that!!??!!
                              "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                              Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                              ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by chelle db View Post
                                Hehehehe...you're an angel...and I'm glad to call you my friend sweetie!!
                                BTW...if I win the big one tonight...I'll pick you up on the way through...how's that!!??!!
                                Yay! *hugs*

And about GABIT, I was right wasn't I I knew mini or someone would come along and say something along those lines.

Now, if only I didn't get all sad every time I read a post by mini because they make me miss my grandma's dead pug.

I'm sorry. I'm being weird again. But Chelle said it's ok to be weird. And protective of MacGyver. I think I need some sleep.

Sam rocks.
                                Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Working...
                                X