Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    From the clip MC posted:

    "and the writers are painfully aware, because I hurt them... physically..."

    Oh, I love her so much!
    Neep, NZBG, Eileen!


    Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

    Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

    Comment


      Originally posted by kir_fect
      Once again it seems I have darkened the thread. Sorry for being one of the slowest kids in the glass. I only found Stargate this past year and was amazed by AT I thought I could find a place that chats about her. So I lurked for the longest time and decided to post. Sorry about messing up your lovely thread.

      I removed the posts but I think the damage is already done.
      Hey we're in the same boat - late to the party!

      Darken thread? Hmmm, I've enjoyed your vids and pigs and sense of humor.

      I think I'm missing something.
      Words have tremendous power. The right words spoken by the right people at the right times can lift up communities, transform lives, mend relationships, break hearts—even topple empires.
      Quint Studer

      Comment


        Originally posted by tagger View Post
        Hey we're in the same boat - late to the party!

        Darken thread? Hmmm, I've enjoyed your vids and pigs and sense of humor.

        I think I'm missing something
        .
        yea kir, what tagger said...oh I hope I didn't scare you off, I promise not to bite...unless you want me to
        sigpic

        my fanfic

        Comment


          Originally posted by Amanda_Tapping_Fan View Post
          Sam is the best character. She is Amazingly Smart, Strong, Beautiful and Talented. I love her character and the way she interacts with other characters that she comes into contact with. Shes warm and caring and will fight for what she believes is right every time. I absoluetly Adore Amanda Tapping (Hence the name) She is amazing. Shes my most Faverite actress of all time. Shes Stunning and Smart, Talented and Fun and an amazing actress. I know there are some people that for some reason dont like Sam But I just dont see how they cant like her, Shes perfect. What more can I say....Shes Just Perfect <3
          HALLELUJAH! I have found my soulmate
          Nothing more to be said here! I've also said this a lot of times on this thread, so people already know how I feel about Amanda! But it's nice to hear someone else say it for a change.

          And as for the youtube film about the con with Amanda, I've also seen it what... 20 times already. She is so funny it's so adorable, I also think it's cool that she actually likes shooting the 'Sam-whump' scenes.
          She likes it better then the "hello... are those for me.... thank you". God I love that woman!
          : Now you, you I would listen to if you were reading a phonebook.
          Geeky : Oh brother...
          : See I love this whole sexy librarian thing...


          Supporting Samantha Carter as leader of Atlantis

          Comment


            Ok I really like this joking, honestly made me laugh a lot but to Kir that isn't helpfull actually...on the contrary, I mean she just tells her what she is thinking about and than you all joke around about it. Ok maybe I am biased on this subject cause I talked to her about it the other day...
            But I maen she doesn't feel ok about the thread and about fitting in and then you all make her feelings a bit less by joking about it.
            See I mean I will not go into details cause that has to come from her but I think sometimes joking isn't appropriate, and this is one of these moments.

            I know we had this conversation already and I don't want to go into it again, but sometimes it is hard for new members to fit in, yes there are some of us who just keep posting and all... and then after a while they do fit in but there are also others who are insecure about a lot of things too...
            And sometimes they joking and everything is hard to get it, and then I can understand for newbies that it is sometimes difficult...

            Ok enough ranting...I mean sorry but I just needed to say that, now go on with the daily Amanda loving

            And btw I all love you no matter what, you are the greatest

            (((((((Samandans))))))))


            Yaeh grouphug is always nice eh

            Comment


              Originally posted by RepliCartertje View Post
              Ok I really like this joking, honestly made me laugh a lot but to Kir that isn't helpfull actually...on the contrary, I mean she just tells her what she is thinking about and than you all joke around about it. Ok maybe I am biased on this subject cause I talked to her about it the other day...
              But I maen she doesn't feel ok about the thread and about fitting in and then you all make her feelings a bit less by joking about it.
              See I mean I will not go into details cause that has to come from her but I think sometimes joking isn't appropriate, and this is one of these moments.

              I know we had this conversation already and I don't want to go into it again, but sometimes it is hard for new members to fit in, yes there are some of us who just keep posting and all... and then after a while they do fit in but there are also others who are insecure about a lot of things too...
              And sometimes they joking and everything is hard to get it, and then I can understand for newbies that it is sometimes difficult...

              Ok enough ranting...I mean sorry but I just needed to say that, now go on with the daily Amanda loving

              And btw I all love you no matter what, you are the greatest

              (((((((Samandans))))))))

              Yaeh grouphug is always nice eh
              I think part of the problem for many of us is that we have no clue as to what the issue is. There may be a chosen few who do, but the rest of us appear to be in the dark. I can't speak for anyone else, but personally when I don't know how to respond to someones comment -- my first reaction is to try to lighten the mood, which I think is what others have been doing as well.

              My biggest advice to anyone lurking or posting, don't take things personally. Unless someone specifically sends you a nasty comment, try not to read more into someone's response than what is truly there. Often, it's just a matter of miscommunication and no harm was meant. Unless of course, the comment is made by Ooober, Spaz or Mini. They are all well known for doggin' people all over the place, but everyone else seems ok to me. Well...ok... in a I-think-I'm-gonna-paint-my-cell-pink-today kind of way.

              Comment


                Originally posted by NZBG View Post
                From the clip MC posted:

                "and the writers are painfully aware, because I hurt them... physically..."

                Oh, I love her so much!
                Yeah, that was great! Funny but with a real element of truth. I'm sure she'll stick up for Doc Magnus the same way--and as a producer they have to listen to her!

                I got home last pm in time to catch a bit of the 5:00 SG1 episode--when Sam was getting all excited about adjusting for stellar drift. Go Sam! Love it.

                Comment


                  Well I hope all of our confusion about what the problem was has reassured Kir. It took me a little while to get into the joking spirit myself--you'd never guess it, but I'm a bit shy until I get to know people. (Then you can't shut me up. )
                  I've never found any joking here to be mean spirited.

                  And I think none of us think we all have to follow the "party line" except to the extent that we all agree that as a general rule Amanda Tapping and the character of Sam Carter are great. That doesn't mean that we have to love *everything* the character does and that we can't disagree with each other. (Except the fact is that the shippers are deluded, and no disagreement with that is tolerated.) (ducks )
                  See, we just can't help ourselves.

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
                    Well I hope all of our confusion about what the problem was has reassured Kir. It took me a little while to get into the joking spirit myself--you'd never guess it, but I'm a bit shy until I get to know people. (Then you can't shut me up. )
                    I've never found any joking here to be mean spirited.

                    And I think none of us think we all have to follow the "party line" except to the extent that we all agree that as a general rule Amanda Tapping and the character of Sam Carter are great. That doesn't mean that we have to love *everything* the character does and that we can't disagree with each other. (Except the fact is that the shippers are deluded, and no disagreement with that is tolerated.) (ducks )
                    See, we just can't help ourselves.
                    You said something??

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by ForeverSg1 View Post
                      I think part of the problem for many of us is that we have no clue as to what the issue is. There may be a chosen few who do, but the rest of us appear to be in the dark. I can't speak for anyone else, but personally when I don't know how to respond to someones comment -- my first reaction is to try to lighten the mood, which I think is what others have been doing as well.

                      My biggest advice to anyone lurking or posting, don't take things personally. Unless someone specifically sends you a nasty comment, try not to read more into someone's response than what is truly there. Often, it's just a matter of miscommunication and no harm was meant. Unless of course, the comment is made by Ooober, Spaz or Mini. They are all well known for doggin' people all over the place, but everyone else seems ok to me. Well...ok... in a I-think-I'm-gonna-paint-my-cell-pink-today kind of way.
                      True Kat, we do try to lighen the mood and make people feel better, my advice would be if you get a nasty comment, pm some one else (or more than 1) on the thread and see what their take on the matter is. Don't let one person's comment represent the rest of us, because as you can tell by recent posts, we have no idea what the problem is, because we haven't seen any problems with posts. I hope this helps
                      sigpic

                      my fanfic

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by ForeverSg1 View Post
                        My biggest advice to anyone lurking or posting, don't take things personally. Unless someone specifically sends you a nasty comment, try not to read more into someone's response than what is truly there. Often, it's just a matter of miscommunication and no harm was meant. Unless of course, the comment is made by Ooober, Spaz or Mini. They are all well known for doggin' people all over the place, but everyone else seems ok to me. Well...ok... in a I-think-I'm-gonna-paint-my-cell-pink-today kind of way.
                        ::channels AD:: like, ZOMG I am teh innocent one!!!1!!

                        And at least I don't bite... *eyes Mandy*

                        On a serious note, kir_fect, I hope no one has said anything to offend you. I like the vids you've posted and the pics. I can't think of anything you've done having "darkened" the thread in any way either. If someone personally spoke to you or repped you about something, then they're certainly not representative of the thread as a whole.
                        Last edited by the dancer of spaz; 30 March 2007, 11:19 AM.

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by ForeverSg1 View Post
                          I think part of the problem for many of us is that we have no clue as to what the issue is.
                          Me! Me! Count me among the clueless!

                          Okay, that didn't come out right either.


                          Originally posted by ForeverSg1 View Post
                          Unless of course, the comment is made by Ooober, Spaz or Mini. They are all well known for doggin' people all over the place, but everyone else seems ok to me. Well...ok... in a I-think-I'm-gonna-paint-my-cell-pink-today kind of way.
                          Oh please. Pink is SO last tuesday.
                          I heard black is the new peuce ..

                          Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                          ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by Amanda_Tapping_Fan View Post
                            Sam is the best character. She is Amazingly Smart, Strong, Beautiful and Talented. I love her character and the way she interacts with other characters that she comes into contact with. Shes warm and caring and will fight for what she believes is right every time. I absoluetly Adore Amanda Tapping (Hence the name) She is amazing. Shes my most Faverite actress of all time. Shes Stunning and Smart, Talented and Fun and an amazing actress. I know there are some people that for some reason dont like Sam But I just dont see how they cant like her, Shes perfect. What more can I say....Shes Just Perfect <3
                            Originally posted by SamCarterFan View Post
                            HALLELUJAH! I have found my soulmate
                            Nothing more to be said here! I've also said this a lot of times on this thread, so people already know how I feel about Amanda! But it's nice to hear someone else say it for a change.

                            And as for the youtube film about the con with Amanda, I've also seen it what... 20 times already. She is so funny it's so adorable, I also think it's cool that she actually likes shooting the 'Sam-whump' scenes.
                            She likes it better then the "hello... are those for me.... thank you". God I love that woman!
                            Does my name give away that I LOVE Sam/Amanda too I don't need say any more, apart from,
                            *clears throat* (sings)" Amanda, we do, Amanda ,we do, Amanda, we do oh Amanda we Love YOU"!

                            Hehehe, everyone join in now you know you want too

                            ((((((((((kir_fect)))))))))))

                            Julia(samcarterrules)
                            sigpic
                            Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by kir_fect
                              Once again it seems I have darkened the thread. Sorry for being one of the slowest kids in the glass. I only found Stargate this past year and was amazed by AT I thought I could find a place that chats about her. So I lurked for the longest time and decided to post. Sorry about messing up your lovely thread.

                              I removed the posts but I think the damage is already done.
                              I'm on this thread everyday and have never seen a post of yours that was a problem and I love your videos! You're cool. You're in the right place if you're amazed by AT. We all belong to that club.

                              Comment


                                Hey starrgazer!

                                And welcome antoa and Amanda_Tapping_Fan! I want to see the Geek!Sam-ness as well!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X