Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by minigeek View Post
    Yeah you guys did FAB.

I popped in before my class (to teach not to take!), and saw it was a huge full house, like 200 people or something? Cool.

Hugs,
    geek
    I figured it was a full house as I tried for 20 minutes and couldn't get on. Darn!
    I'm looking forward to reading the transcript--sounds great!

donamac

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan View Post
      LOL Chat-Team.
      Great job with the chat! (and thanks, AD, for the transcript!)

Some good questions and answers. I would imagine it wasn't easy figuring out what questions to choose from all the questions asked -- but you (and Sandy?) did a good job. I think it's great that Amanda takes the time to do these chats.

I continue to get excited about Sam in Atlantis, the SG-1 movies, and Sanctuary!

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz View Post
        Class of 87? That's a good year.

I think I hate you.

(((Youngling!Spaz!)))

It was my graduation year also. But unlike Sky I didn't have the honor of having Mitchell graduate from my high school. <smirk>

suse
        sigpic
        Mourning Sanctuary.
        Thanks for the good times!

Comment

I know I am always waaay to early but since it for me already is the 17th of February:

And how could I not include a Sam whump pic in it eh

Btw Strix I hope you will have a great day!!! and enjoy your day!!!!

((((Strix))))

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1 View Post
            Laugh, I just read that and I just can't imagine Amanda doing this part. Now granted I've heard her say a few choice words over the past year, but man oh man this is going to be funny. It's strange because before I had even read the title information, I could hear Whoopie Goldberg's voice when I read the monologue. It just rang of Whoopie. It will definitely be interesting to see how Amanda plays this part.

Maybe I should consider wearing some depends?
            i opened the link for the part amanda's doing, but i didn't read it until you made your comments above. all i have to say to this choice for amanda is... I SOOOOO WANT TO SEE AMANDA DO THIS PIECE!!

sally
            sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by KatG View Post

This one?

Originally Posted by parsifal
              Unedited transcript.

http://rapidshare.com/files/16779284...b.CHAT4ALL.log

I couldn't get it to work. I think some others here had problems too.
              i always have probs with those rapid share thingers, because i never know how to download anything from them. there's lots of words but not a 'HERE IT IS, PUSH HERE!' sign in plain sight.

btw, i did get it d/led, so the brain does work when it's done napping.

sally
              sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
                Re: the chat. Thanks for the transcript, Parsifal. I hope they listen to her interest in interacting with characters like Shepherd and Teyla rather than just Rodney. The dream question was original & her answer made perfect sense to me.
                i was going to ask about the teyla and sheppard remark; after mckay, are those the only other characters on the show? (i do know there's some new young doctor woman) <edited: i know there's some hairy guy... ronan or something>

sally
                Last edited by majorsal; 16 February 2007, 10:25 PM.
                sally

sigpic

Comment

Happy Birthaday Strix!

Goodnight Samanda!

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                    i was going to ask about the teyla and sheppard remark; after mckay, are those the only other characters on the show? (i do know there's some new young doctor woman) <edited: i know there's some hairy guy... ronan or something>

sally
                    There is also Ronan (hot exwraith runner) and Elizabeth (in charge of the expedition) and Carson (a doctor who reminds me of Janet)
                    Spoiler:
                    but Carson is leaving and Elizabeth???
                    Recurring, there is Dr. Zelenka (scientist) and Lorne (hot soldier). No one else really pops to mind.

Comment

Originally posted by Gate gal View Post
                      There is also Ronan (hot exwraith runner) and Elizabeth (in charge of the expedition) and Carson (a doctor who reminds me of Janet)
                      Spoiler:
                      but Carson is leaving and Elizabeth???
                      Recurring, there is Dr. Zelenka (scientist) and Lorne (hot soldier). No one else really pops to mind.
                      Colonel Caldwell on the Daedalus.

Comment

My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady View Post
                          Spoiler:
                          :: Over the radio:: I hope you remembered to buy one mean cake!

Happy Birthday Strix!

"The bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet notwithstanding, go out to meet it."--Thucydides

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek View Post
                            I really think, as far as having kids is concerned (for Sam) it would be a matter of who she was partnered with, combined with situational motivators. I guess I can see her becoming pregnant unexpectedly and being surprised, but coming to be very excited and committed about it.
                            Same here...unplanned but not unwelcomed...there must be heaps of fics out there that cover that right??!!
                            Originally posted by RealmOfX View Post
                            Good morning folks. Oh I need coffee, I haven't been up before 5am on a Saturday for aeons! The things I do for Amanda
                            Yeah...I know what you mean..I got up at 4.30 this morning and spent an hour and a half trying to get into the chatroom...went back to bed bitterly disappointed...not sure why I couldn't get in either!!
                            Originally posted by kir_fect View Post
                            It is on the side bar menu on the left hand side. it says Chat Room.
                            Originally posted by donamac View Post
                            Thanks for the quick reply--I tried that and nothing happened except it did "keep trying" as my little clock kept ticking away. So after 20 minutes I gave up thinking I was in the wrong place. Guess there were too many already on. Oh well, guess I'll have to be satisfied with a transcript (I hope there will be one).

donamac
                            Yep...did that too...even downloaded some JAVA program to help but it still wouldn't open up...I'm stumped!
                            Originally posted by scarimor View Post
                            AT's piece in the Vagina Monologues - My Angry Vagina.
                            Hehe...that's a cracker...wish I could see it!
                            Originally posted by Tracy Jane View Post
                            I adore that piece. If anyone wants to read the script, you can see it here...

http://www.acmewebpages.com/whoopi/monolog.htm

It's one of the opening monologues. I think it might be THE opener, actually.
                            Thanks Tracy...that is brilliant...I just can't imagine Amanda saying all those things but would love to see her do it anyway!!
                            From the chat regarding ship

SPOILERS FOR THOSE OF A DIFFERENT PERSUASION
                            Spoiler:
                            When asked if Sam's password "fishing" in LiTS was a hint regard Sam/Jack, AT responded "ya sure ya betcha" and added that "it makes sense because a password is something that's very near and dear to you". She also said that while they've gone fishing, they haven't gone "fishing" yet.

She agrees that a relationship with Jack could make Sam stronger, but it would change the team dynamic which would affect Sam's performance. However she thinks Sam does eventually need to explore her feelings for Jack. When asked if the arc would be dealt with in the movies, she said she didn't know, but that she would like to see it either finished or fully realized in the movies.
                            Another poster's question involved whether we would ever know the location of Sam's mole mentioned in "Tin Man". The answer was: "The mole will remain a secret (unless Jack talks in his sleep)"
                            Thank you KatG...I'm squeeeeeing so loud that hubby's ready to sedate me!! I know what I want to see happen!!!
                            Originally posted by parsifal View Post
                            Thanks parsifal but I can't get that to work either...D'oH...just my luck!
                            Originally posted by RepliCartertje View Post
                            I mailed them but didn't get anything back and it isn't in my bulk mail either What did I do wrong...probably yahoo again who didn't get through...
                            Thank you for saying that...now I know my mail didn't get through...Will mail again with my other addy
                            Same here Eve...I'm gonna give it a few days then try again...I'm just not having any luck with computer stuff lately!
                            Originally posted by ForeverSg1 View Post
                            Laugh, I just read that and I just can't imagine Amanda doing this part. Now granted I've heard her say a few choice words over the past year, but man oh man this is going to be funny. It's strange because before I had even read the title information, I could hear Whoopie Goldberg's voice when I read the monologue. It just rang of Whoopie. It will definitely be interesting to see how Amanda plays this part.

Maybe I should consider wearing some depends?
                            I don't think I've heard Amanda say anything that comes close to that dialogue...but wow...that would be soooo cool to see her do that monologue...hehe...what a change...brilliant!!
                            Originally posted by Gate gal View Post
                            When that WoO question was first asked, I died laughing. How do you answer a question like that online? I loved "the rest would be censored" bit, because, honestly, that question sends PG thoughts out immediately. The day after Olivia's birth was a sweet answer, and I loved that she said 'day after' versus day of. Smart woman to not relive the birth over and over again.
                            So are you saying I'm not smart then Michelle???....I have to say that the day I gave birth to Niki was one of the best days of my life...I was on such a high after she was born that I told the midwife if that was all that was to it then I'll come back tomorrow and have another one...coz the day after her birth it all went south...I was even laughing or sleeping between contractions...they thought I was nuts...only had pethidine...twice ...as for Tom..well I'd skip the first 3 days...he was difficult...the birth was hard - no drugs and he was a BIG boy ...but after we got home it was better!!
                            Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan View Post
                            I'm glad you all enjoyed the chat. There were a lot more questions about Sanctuary and fandom etc...but we got a five minute warning a little bit earlier than we figured.
                            Thank you your Ooooberness...I missed it coz of some darn thingy or other...but I can't wait to read the entire transcript!!
                            Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                            i can see someone wanting to relive the day after childbirth.
                            with my sister, the day of, well you're exhausted, tired, in pain, uncomfortable, etc. Your body is abused and mad at you. and there's such stress and uncertainty - will it be ok, will it have allits parts, will everything go ok
                            but then the day after. you've had a chance to shower, a chance to sleep, and the baby's there and it's all perfect and you can finally hold it and get to know it...and it's this gorgous time getting to know the little one and they're really not making any demands on you beyond wanting a little food. the stress of being mommy hasn't set in yet and the stress of becoming mommy is over.
                            See for me the day after was worse coz it was a Sunday and all the relatives came to visit...Niki was the first baby born to the next generation...first great grandbaby, first grandbaby, first neice...so they all wanted to see her...that was more exhausting and draining than the birth...then again..it helped that Niki was born at 5.53am so I had a whole day of rest and getting to know my baby before the rush!!
                            Other highlights from the chat:

When asked if given one day to live over and over with no consequences ala WoO, what would she choose to relive - she said her first day of high school, the day after Olivia was born and the rest would be censored - adding what doesn't kill us makes us stronger.

Oh and when asked about her favorite thing about Olivia she said "her sense of humor". She talks nonstop and is very articulate. Regarding the new puppy and Olivia - he's a big dopey boy and Olivia's bossy. The get along fine.

Hopefully the edited transcript will be up soon, but maybe this will hold y'all until then.
                            Well she's right about that...what doesn't kill us makes us stronger...I can so relate to that!!
                            As for little Olivia B...I wonder where she gets her sense of humour from and her chatty articulated ways???...any idea???...hehe...just like her mummy I would think!!!
                            "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                            Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                            ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by samcarterrules View Post
                              Hey guy and gals,

I was at my very first on-line chat with Amanda, it was amazing she's even funny when she's typing not talking I had a blast, while we were waiting for Amanda I felt like I could burst lol I was so excited everyone was counting down the minuets ooooh I could hardly breathe. I really enjoyed the questions that were picked, and Amanda had fantastic answers to each and every question asked I laughed, squeeee, agreed and even almost cried at every answer Amanda gave Saying goodbye was very awesome I don't think I've ever seen over 100 people try to type a goodbye so fast and all at the same time lol

Thanks to the mods of the AT Club if there here it was great fun!
                              And if your lurking Amanda thank you for the bottom of my heart for taking the time to chat with us it means so much

Goodnight Samanda take care and hug your loved ones tight
                              Julia(samcarterrules)
                              I'm so glad you got to attend and have fun Julia...I hope that next time I will be able to as well...it's no fun having only 3.5 hours sleep then not being able to get in and having to go to work on a stinking hot day...but I am so much happier now that I have read some transcripts...thank you to everyone who posted them...Amanda is just so awesome...I can't wait to meet her one day!!

So...on with the post......
                              HAPPY BIRTHDAY STRIX!!!

Hope you have a great day!!

Goodnight Samandans...take care, be safe and stay happy...and hug your loved ones...I'm gonna give hubs a big hug for cooking dinner and being ever so patient with me when I was cursing the wretched computer at 4.30 this morning while he tried to sleep...our computer lives in our bedroom...hehe...he was so gracious about it!!

(((Samandans)))
                              "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                              Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                              ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Hmm, it's Strix's birthday and I'm on page 2 of the GW forum ...
                                have to do something about that!

Comment

Working...
                                X