No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have been trying to "find" the "button to push" to get into the chat with Amanda and have had no luck. I was on the website but where do you get in? Or maybe there are too many trying.

Clues?

donamac

Comment

Originally posted by RealmOfX View Post
      Good morning folks. Oh I need coffee, I haven't been up before 5am on a Saturday for aeons! The things I do for Amanda
      and you're gonna share all the hilights with us
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by donamac View Post
        I have been trying to "find" the "button to push" to get into the chat with Amanda and have had no luck. I was on the website but where do you get in? Or maybe there are too many trying.

Clues?

donamac
        It is on the side bar menu on the left hand side. it says Chat Room.

"The bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet notwithstanding, go out to meet it."--Thucydides

Comment

Originally posted by kir_fect View Post
          It is on the side bar menu on the left hand side. it says Chat Room.
          Thanks for the quick reply--I tried that and nothing happened except it did "keep trying" as my little clock kept ticking away. So after 20 minutes I gave up thinking I was in the wrong place. Guess there were too many already on. Oh well, guess I'll have to be satisfied with a transcript (I hope there will be one).

donamac

Comment

AT's piece in the Vagina Monologues - My Angry Vagina.
            Last edited by scarimor; 16 February 2007, 09:56 AM.
            scarimor

Comment

Highlights please!

Will beg.

Comment

I adore that piece. If anyone wants to read the script, you can see it here...

http://www.acmewebpages.com/whoopi/monolog.htm

It's one of the opening monologues. I think it might be THE opener, actually.
                Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

On the interview with Amanda, THEY ASKED MY QUESTION TO HER!!
                  woohoo you guys have no idea how excited I am! they said my name (my real name) to her. I've died and gone to heaven. I love you guys!!
                  : Now you, you I would listen to if you were reading a phonebook.
                  Geeky : Oh brother...
                  : See I love this whole sexy librarian thing...

Supporting Samantha Carter as leader of Atlantis

Comment

From the chat regarding ship

SPOILERS FOR THOSE OF A DIFFERENT PERSUASION
                    Spoiler:
                    When asked if Sam's password "fishing" in LiTS was a hint regard Sam/Jack, AT responded "ya sure ya betcha" and added that "it makes sense because a password is something that's very near and dear to you". She also said that while they've gone fishing, they haven't gone "fishing" yet.

She agrees that a relationship with Jack could make Sam stronger, but it would change the team dynamic which would affect Sam's performance. However she thinks Sam does eventually need to explore her feelings for Jack. When asked if the arc would be dealt with in the movies, she said she didn't know, but that she would like to see it either finished or fully realized in the movies.

Another poster's question involved whether we would ever know the location of Sam's mole mentioned in "Tin Man". The answer was: "The mole will remain a secret (unless Jack talks in his sleep)"
                    sigpic

Comment

I am going to have to leave soon from the chat to go to work. I hope someone will post the transcripts.!

"The bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet notwithstanding, go out to meet it."--Thucydides

Comment

Originally posted by KatG View Post
                        From the chat regarding ship

SPOILERS FOR THOSE OF A DIFFERENT PERSUASION
                        Spoiler:
                        When asked if Sam's password "fishing" in LiTS was a hint regard Sam/Jack, AT responded "ya sure ya betcha" and added that "it makes sense because a password is something that's very near and dear to you". She also said that while they've gone fishing, they haven't gone "fishing" yet.

She agrees that a relationship with Jack could make Sam stronger, but it would change the team dynamic which would affect Sam's performance. However she thinks Sam does eventually need to explore her feelings for Jack. When asked if the arc would be dealt with in the movies, she said she didn't know, but that she would like to see it either finished or fully realized in the movies.

Another poster's question involved whether we would ever know the location of Sam's mole mentioned in "Tin Man". The answer was: "The mole will remain a secret (unless Jack talks in his sleep)"
                        Yes that was it!!!
                        that was my question about the password, I'm Tamara. How cool is that hey? your question being picked from hundreds of questions... woohoo I'm so happy!!
                        : Now you, you I would listen to if you were reading a phonebook.
                        Geeky : Oh brother...
                        : See I love this whole sexy librarian thing...

Supporting Samantha Carter as leader of Atlantis

Comment

I think they're usually pretty good about posting a transcript, so no worries.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by KatG View Post
                            I think they're usually pretty good about posting a transcript, so no worries.
                            No I am off to work. Happiness and Peace to you all

Comment

Unedited transcript.

http://rapidshare.com/files/16779284...b.CHAT4ALL.log

Comment

Originally posted by parsifal View Post
                                For those on the Sanctuary "team", check your e-mail. I received a message.
                                I mailed them but didn't get anything back and it isn't in my bulk mail either What did I do wrong...probably yahoo again who didn't get through...
                                Thank you for saying that...now I know my mail didn't get through...Will mail again with my other addy

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                                a perfect time, show wise, woulda been post ascension. think about it, sam said she had an alien in her house, she was patted on the head, told to go knit something, mocked and hten spied on (not necessarily maliciously, but her team did hang her out to dry), then it's very likely that she got in trouble for helping orlin destroy the weapon. If there was any time to feel isolated and betrayed, that was it.

One stressor at the right time and place could have turned her to say 'screw y ou' and go off on her own.
                                I think you might be right there though...I think if Sam ever would go rogue...and really bad rogue (not as in the ender of season 1 or Upgrades). It has to be then. Cause at that time she must have been feeling really betrayed. Not only did they go behind her back and spied on her, but they also didn't believe her when she said there was someone with her in her house. And in the end she knew if she said it again they wouldn't believe her so to her the best thing to do was to try it on her own...And the end that is also what she did. In a little way she was a bit rogue.
                                But I think even with the deciving and betraying of the SGC (well not really the SGC eh the NID ) I can't see her go rogue for that cause it isn't life threatening or goes to destroy the world. I think yes Sam was upset by it and was angry and mad and everything...who wouldn't be... But I think Sam knows they need her at the SGC to much. She knows she is important (or was important) to help them destroy the Goa'ulds and save earth so...
                                Unless an oppurtinuty is presented where she really can make the difference and save everyone from the Goa'uld at that time she would have done it cause she was dissapointed in the SGC but other that I can't see her go rogue after Asscension. Cause she still believes in her team imo...
                                Of course I think it all depends on how the team and Sam dealt with everything after Ascension...

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
                                The Sam/Thor ship thread is above this thread and the Sam and Jack thread that thor must have more than we know about
                                I wonder what that is

Originally posted by ForeverSg1 View Post
                                And if our Sam suddenly found herself in this particular situation then perhaps she too would choose to have a child, but the way things currently are, i don't see that happening.
                                I have to agree...I don't see her having a kid as right now...But I can see her having kids. In the future that is eh Where the Ori are destroyed and where life is going on where she just go to the SGC and do her job. A job she still loves but I think if she ever thinks about kids and about a personal life... And I really think one day that is what she wants. I think she will not go through the stargate on missions cause like she said in Afinity. How can she combine the both. I think she is scared to combine them actually. I think if she ever wants to be a mom she wants to be really good at it. And I think that is why if she decides to have kids she probably not will go on offworld missions anymore but do something in Area 51 or so... or do research on the things they bring home...
                                I also think that with her mom being decide when she was young will also affect what kind of mom she will be...I think she doesn't want her kid to go through what she has been through. So I also think that is probably also a reason why she wouldn't go on missions anymore.
                                I think if she ever decides to be a mom it would be really something she would considere long and hard about it. Cause Sam isn't someone who rushes in things... Certainly not those kind of things

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                                I got to watch bounty yesterday (huggles to a friend) and i just gotta say one thing
                                Spoiler:
                                i am officially an Amy/Cam shipper....they are sooooo cute together
                                but Sky you are only a
                                Spoiler:
                                Amy/Cam shipper
                                cause you aren't a Sky/Cam shipper...

Originally posted by RealmOfX View Post
                                Good morning folks. Oh I need coffee, I haven't been up before 5am on a Saturday for aeons! The things I do for Amanda
                                ((((RoX)))
                                Goodmorning RoX and nice to see you got up that early
                                Btw hun go back in bed I would say and sleep a bit

Comment

Working...
                                X