No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i can see someone wanting to relive the day after childbirth.

with my sister, the day of, well you're exhausted, tired, in pain, uncomfortable, etc. Your body is abused and mad at you. and there's such stress and uncertainty - will it be ok, will it have allits parts, will everything go ok

but then the day after. you've had a chance to shower, a chance to sleep, and the baby's there and it's all perfect and you can finally hold it and get to know it...and it's this gorgous time getting to know the little one and they're really not making any demands on you beyond wanting a little food. the stress of being mommy hasn't set in yet and the stress of becoming mommy is over.
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan View Post
      I'm glad you all enjoyed the chat. There were a lot more questions about Sanctuary and fandom etc...but we got a five minute warning a little bit earlier than we figured.
      It was a good chat. Excellent choice of questions and great answers from Amanda.
      sigpic

Comment

Other highlights from the chat:

Spoilers for Sanctuary:
        Spoiler:
        Amanda loves the concept, loves the character. Helen is very eccentric. She has lived a long time, seen alot, and has an incredible perspective on life. Amanda said it's nice to have a different look, a different walk and a different voice after 10 years of doing Sam.

On being an EP: She's onset all the time, involved in decision making from how to shoot, casting, editing, etc. She says she's learned alot.

On directing an episode - it's possible if the show is a hit

When asked if given one day to live over and over with no consequences ala WoO, what would she choose to relive - she said her first day of high school, the day after Olivia was born and the rest would be censored - adding what doesn't kill us makes us stronger.

Oh and when asked about her favorite thing about Olivia she said "her sense of humor". She talks nonstop and is very articulate. Regarding the new puppy and Olivia - he's a big dopey boy and Olivia's bossy. The get along fine.

Hopefully the edited transcript will be up soon, but maybe this will hold y'all until then.
        sigpic

Comment

Thanks for that KatG!

Also, looking at the unedited transcript that parsifal provided, someone asked her if she ever has dreams of being Sam Carter on the base, on missions, etc., and she said that she often dreams of being Amanda on set - which she said means she works too much. I thought it was funny because it definitely ties into the one-word, potential Understatement of the Year, "Busy" remark she made on Urban Rush.

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz View Post
            Thanks for that KatG!
            You're welcome.

Also, looking at the unedited transcript that parsifal provided
            This one?

Originally posted by parsifal View Post
            I couldn't get it to work. I think some others here had problems too.

someone asked her if she ever has dreams of being Sam Carter on the base, on missions, etc., and she said that she often dreams of being Amanda on set - which she said means she works too much. I thought it was funny because it definitely ties into the one-word, potential Understatement of the Year, "Busy" remark she made on Urban Rush.
            She's definitely a busy lady.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by KatG View Post
              From the chat regarding ship

SPOILERS FOR THOSE OF A DIFFERENT PERSUASION
              Spoiler:
              When asked if Sam's password "fishing" in LiTS was a hint regard Sam/Jack, AT responded "ya sure ya betcha" and added that "it makes sense because a password is something that's very near and dear to you". She also said that while they've gone fishing, they haven't gone "fishing" yet.

She agrees that a relationship with Jack could make Sam stronger, but it would change the team dynamic which would affect Sam's performance. However she thinks Sam does eventually need to explore her feelings for Jack. When asked if the arc would be dealt with in the movies, she said she didn't know, but that she would like to see it either finished or fully realized in the movies.

Another poster's question involved whether we would ever know the location of Sam's mole mentioned in "Tin Man". The answer was: "The mole will remain a secret (unless Jack talks in his sleep)"
              Well....
              Spoiler:
              I'm one of those shippers that thinks she and Jack are already soooooooo married(and still do). Jack's not on the team anymore-so it can't change that dynamic. I'm glad she still thinks that part of Sam should be dealt with-better be fully realized in the movies!

Originally posted by Tracy Jane View Post
              I adore that piece. If anyone wants to read the script, you can see it here...

http://www.acmewebpages.com/whoopi/monolog.htm

It's one of the opening monologues. I think it might be THE opener, actually.
              Um...um...

Originally posted by parsifal View Post
              I will try and make this work. I really want to read it. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                i can see someone wanting to relive the day after childbirth.

with my sister, the day of, well you're exhausted, tired, in pain, uncomfortable, etc. Your body is abused and mad at you. and there's such stress and uncertainty - will it be ok, will it have allits parts, will everything go ok

but then the day after. you've had a chance to shower, a chance to sleep, and the baby's there and it's all perfect and you can finally hold it and get to know it...and it's this gorgous time getting to know the little one and they're really not making any demands on you beyond wanting a little food. the stress of being mommy hasn't set in yet and the stress of becoming mommy is over.
                Yeah, it's perfect. Everyone around you has these awesome smiles, and it's you, the baby and the boob. Bliss. I'd definitely opt for that

Thanks for the chat, Chat-Team
                scarimor

Comment

Originally posted by scarimor View Post
                  Yeah, it's perfect. Everyone around you has these awesome smiles, and it's you, the baby and the boob. Bliss. I'd definitely opt for that

Thanks for the chat, Chat-Team
                  LOL Chat-Team.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan View Post
                    LOL Chat-Team.
                    Yeah you guys did FAB.

I popped in before my class (to teach not to take!), and saw it was a huge full house, like 200 people or something? Cool.

Hugs,
                    geek

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                    ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Regarding Sam's retirements...

I don't think it will be long before someone pulls a Gen. Bauer and retires her from SG-1. The program's been up and running for a decade, and there are presumably many more field-trained personnel than ever before. She's probably only a concussion and a broken leg away from someone's saying it's nuts to keep her in the field. After running the SGC's science department or Area 51 for a few years, I think she'll end up at the Air Force Academy to teach the latest batch of soon-to-be SGC recruits. While she's teaching, I think someone will order her to translate her reports into a narrative as a training tool for the SGC. Eventually, the Air Force will convince her to have them published to coincide with the unveiling of the stargate program to the public. Once the furor dies down, she can retire from the Air Force and freelance as a consultant.

As for her personal life, I think Sam will acquire children in untraditional ways. Even if she can bear children, which is uncertain because of Jolinar, she'd always worry about keeping them safe from those who would want to use them as lab rats thanks to their inherited blood abnormalities. She's got a natural empathy for motherless children, and I can see her being a foster mother and eventually adopted mother for an orphan or two. Not only does her own experience give her empathy, she'd see Daniel in any foster child as well. She has a created family in her team, so she's not tied to the idea that only blood makes family.
                      sigpic

In memory of Deejay.
                      May we all be so well loved.

Comment

Originally posted by Gate gal View Post
                        He must have been listening to Amanda's Q & A at AT2 and bought that new car!

It would take something like this....

to make up for something like this....

Of course, nothing compares to the real thing....
                        Bah! Sam and Thor Forever! Like the car, though.

Comment

Hey guy and gals,

I was at my very first on-line chat with Amanda, it was amazing she's even funny when she's typing not talking I had a blast, while we were waiting for Amanda I felt like I could burst lol I was so excited everyone was counting down the minuets ooooh I could hardly breathe. I really enjoyed the questions that were picked, and Amanda had fantastic answers to each and every question asked I laughed, squeeee, agreed and even almost cried at every answer Amanda gave Saying goodbye was very awesome I don't think I've ever seen over 100 people try to type a goodbye so fast and all at the same time lol

Thanks to the mods of the AT Club if there here it was great fun!
                          And if your lurking Amanda thank you for the bottom of my heart for taking the time to chat with us it means so much

Goodnight Samanda take care and hug your loved ones tight
                          Julia(samcarterrules)
                          sigpic
                          Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

Re: the chat. Thanks for the transcript, Parsifal. I hope they listen to her interest in interacting with characters like Shepherd and Teyla rather than just Rodney. The dream question was original & her answer made perfect sense to me.

Comment

For anyone who's interested, I briefly edited the logs of the chat for the AT chat: https://www.users.on.net/~roscholler...t_16_02_07.txt. Nothing fancy, just a text file with the questions and answers spaced out. I'm sure they'll put up a 'proper' one soon. Right click, save as otherwise it'll probably stretch the window if you view it in your browser (obviously turn word wrap on notepad if its still stretching)

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
                                Re: the chat. Thanks for the transcript, Parsifal. I hope they listen to her interest in interacting with characters like Shepherd and Teyla rather than just Rodney. The dream question was original & her answer made perfect sense to me.
                                I added that question with your question in mind jckfan. A lot of other people had similar sentiments. We enjoy Sam/Rodney interaction, but we'd love to see how she works with the rest of the gang.

I like that she's wanting Sam/Shep and Sam/Teyla stuff too. I think she understands that you simply can't rest everything on the Sam/McKay dynamic...it'd get old fast.

And I agree with you...hopefully they'll listen to her. I think they might. I actually feel hopeful about SGA.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Working...
                                X