No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought I'd share with you this little conversation I had with my daugther today because it was too cute. I've put it in spoilers for anyone who isn't interested in reading.

Spoiler:

This morning I was talking with my mother about possibly going to Toronto to see Amanda in The Vagina Monologues. We were deep in discussion about the play when my daughter walked up to me with this serious look on her face and said...

"Mommy, if you and Amanda go out together when you are in Toronto, don't be afraid if bad guys come after you because she will kick their butt. I mean it. I'm serious. She's one tough cookie."

Now I know she was confusing Amanda for Sam, but I couldn't stop giggling.

Last edited by ForeverSg1; 26 January 2007, 09:43 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1 View Post
      I have to tell you this little conversation I had with my daugther today because it was too cute. I've put it in spoilers for anyone who isn't interested in reading.

Spoiler:

This morning I was talking with my mother about possibly going to Toronto to see Amanda in The Vagina Monologues. We were deep in discussion about the play when my daughter walked up to me with this serious look on her face and said...

"Mommy, if you and Amanda go out together when you are in Toronto, don't be afraid if bad guys come after you because she will kick their butt. I mean it. I'm serious. She's one tough cookie."

LOL! That is ADORABLE!

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
      ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal View Post
        Now that's a dream come true! Taking a train across Canada - beautiful journey even though I've not done it. I suppose AT may be waiting at the other end to welcome you. Oops, she may be in Toronto doing her show, eh?
        Now that would be nice - unlikely, but nice. Hoping to meet Paul Brown while I'm there though.

Originally posted by ChopinGal View Post
        I had the opportunity to play a gig for a young actress in NYC who did a one-woman comedy entitled "My Mom Across America" and it was a series of tales of traveling cross country (Canada) with her parents. She described the scenes and the local people so well that I feel like I've been there.

Enjoy yourself, Kay!
        I usually do a journal of my trans-atlantic trips, so I'll have some similar material...

Thanks Elaine. I hope I do. I'll be on my own this time, having some 'me' time. Looking forward to it very much.

Kay aka Mumsey
        For details of AT10 go to http://www.gabitevents.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by SWMBOTGSG View Post
          Now that would be nice - unlikely, but nice. Hoping to meet Paul Brown while I'm there though.

I usually do a journal of my trans-atlantic trips, so I'll have some similar material...

Thanks Elaine. I hope I do. I'll be on my own this time, having some 'me' time. Looking forward to it very much.

Kay aka Mumsey
          Well, it sounds like you're going to have an absolutely lovely trip. I can think of few journies that are as fantastic and beautiful as travelling across Canada by train (and I'm not just sayin' that because I'm a proud Canadian!) - it really is a magical experience. Is your journal going to be electronic? It would be huge fun to read and follow your adventures along the way.

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
          ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

I have to tell you this little conversation I had with my daugther today because it was too cute. I've put it in spoilers for anyone who isn't interested in reading.

Spoiler:

Cute as heck I reckon your daughter is going to grow up to be able to handle herself, too
            scarimor

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek View Post
              Well, it sounds like you're going to have an absolutely lovely trip. I can think of few journies that are as fantastic and beautiful as travelling across Canada by train (and I'm not just sayin' that because I'm a proud Canadian!) - it really is a magical experience. Is your journal going to be electronic? It would be huge fun to read and follow your adventures along the way.
              Like Freya I "enjoy the tactile experience of writing" and usually pen my journals at the end of each day. I have been known to fall asleep over the pages resulting in some very interesting 'artwork'. I don't own a laptop and as I'll be on a train for a lot of the time, I won't be on-line either. Maybe I'll make a blog and put it up somewhere when I get back, if people are interested.

I have wanted to do this trip since I was in Junior School. My favourite English teacher did it in the school holidays, and her stories caught my imagination. RL always consipired against it until now, so I'm going to take the opportunity while I am still fit enough to do so. Needless to say, I'm really looking forward to it!

Kay aka Mumsey
              For details of AT10 go to http://www.gabitevents.co.uk

Comment

Spoiler:

OMG!!!! Right on miniFSG1!!!
                sigpic
                I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by L.A. Doyle View Post
                  Oh, yes.

Spoiler:
                  So I guess the ship they are stuck on is the Odyssey. And maybe Sam's a Col. and she's commanding? Sorry...one can only hope! They go shopping? Girly stuff? I've GOT to see this!
                  Oh, I hope, hope, hope, hope so! That would be great!
                  Spoilers for Unending and the rest of the season:
                  Spoiler:
                  I love that TPTB let Amanda and Claudia have this friendship for their characters. It would have been way to easy to play it a different way, but these two women are powerhouses. They are strong women who know what is best for their characters, and if they work together on something then the boys@bridge don't stand a chance. I can't wait to see the female bonding scenes, and I am looking forward to how their friendship developes over the 40 year period of Unending. I expect to see plenty of Vaniel in that episode, but I hope we also get to see the true friendships between these characters grow and change. This has always been a buddy show, so as much as this S/J shipper wanted something in the finale, I think it is best that the finale be about the buddies.

Comment

Originally posted by Gate gal View Post
                    Spoilers for Unending and the rest of the season:
                    Spoiler:
                    This has always been a buddy show, so as much as this S/J shipper wanted something in the finale, I think it is best that the finale be about the buddies.
                    Not that the two concepts are mutually exclusive.

On a different note, there are a few new photos of Amanda at New Atlantis.

http://sg-atlantis.emedian.net/

Comment

Originally posted by parsifal View Post
                      Not that the two concepts are mutually exclusive.

On a different note, there are a few new photos of Amanda at New Atlantis.
                      At...where?

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Yeah, she should. 2010 is one of my absolute favorite episodes. Amanda was superb in the scene where Janet tells Sam she can't have children. I get lump in my throat every time I watch it.
                        I have some personal experience with infertility, and I can honestly say that she played that perfectly. The first time I saw that episode was just a few months after we got the twins (adopted at age 2), and I could feel her desperation. I would have done anything before the kids came along to become a mother, including bending the space/time continuancy if need be. Of course, Sam was more noble since she was actually out to save the entire human race, but still...

Spoiler:

Love it! Great story!

Comment

Originally posted by RealmOfX View Post
                          Someone mentioned not long ago about how good Amanda was looking so here's a look from 3 different time periods, side by side.

clck thumbnail for larger
                          Nice--she's just dang beautiful isn't she?
                          on the commentary for 2010, Andy Mikita and DP Peter Woest were talking about how good she (and TR) looked and AM commented on PW's good lighting.
                          PW said: "Amanda’s so easy to light."

I think she looks good no matter the angle. I'm so jealous.

And her acting was great in 2010. Besides the scene with Janet in her office, I think AT was great in the scene where she finds out Joe knows about the Aschen sterilization.

Comment

I thought I'd share with you this little conversation I had with my daugther today because it was too cute. I've put it in spoilers for anyone who isn't interested in reading.

Spoiler:

I wonder what kind of show she watches to talk like that lol ? this is too funny !!
                            And I hope you'll be able to come to Toronto !!
                            sigpic

Comment

Watch out, spoilers for ssn 10!!

I was totally blown away by her performance in "line in the sand" when she was wounded. I was in pain with her when I watched her... Especially when she told Cameron to activate the device, you could see the pain in her eyes. It was amazing, God I love her! And isn't she just the most beautiful woman you have ever seen.
                              Last edited by SamCarterFan; 27 January 2007, 01:44 AM. Reason: it's a spoiler, I forgot
                              : Now you, you I would listen to if you were reading a phonebook.
                              Geeky : Oh brother...
                              : See I love this whole sexy librarian thing...

Supporting Samantha Carter as leader of Atlantis

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                                what exactly happens in this Vagina Monologues thinger? i'm familiar with the title (like someone wouldn't sit up and take notice ), but i'm not sure what ppl do at this.

sally

Hey everyone!

I am replying to this post, because I am SO incredibly lucky/excited/can't breathe... lol!

I am performing in this year's production of the Vagina Monologues with Amanda!

I just had to share . I hope that some (a lot!!) of you can make it to the performances - that would be soooo incredible!!

Anyway, the Monologues are a compilation of stories from real women around the world, told to Eve Ensler, about what it's like to be a woman (and they talk about all sorts of different things). The organization we are producing the show on behalf of is the V-Day Organization - their goal is to eradicate violence against women and girls worldwide, and to that end grant cities around the world the rights to produce the play each year.

Our chosen charity for Toronto this year is the Anduhyaun Residence, a shelter in Toronto for Native women and children who have fled domestic abuse. 10% of our proceeds will also go to the V-Day 2007 Global Spotlight – Reclaiming Peace: Women In War Zones, for organizations assisting women affected by violence in the Sudan, Iraq and the Congo.

It promises to be an incredible show, and like I said, I hope some of you can come and take part!

Cheers
                                StarrGazer
                                Last edited by starrgazer; 06 August 2007, 12:13 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X