Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by minigeek View Post
    Oh heck yeah, I'm goin'!

How many tickets am I pickin' up? Anyone else coming by the area? They go on sale January 29th. The Sunday performance is 19+ and the Saturday one is all ages.

mg
    what exactly happens in this Vagina Monologues thinger? i'm familiar with the title (like someone wouldn't sit up and take notice ), but i'm not sure what ppl do at this.

sally
    sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
      what exactly happens in this Vagina Monologues thinger? i'm familiar with the title (like someone wouldn't sit up and take notice ), but i'm not sure what ppl do at this.

sally
      It's a very, very good show. I saw it last year with Sharon Osbourne, Lisa Riley and Jenny Jules. Not huge names, but they were brilliant. I just hope Amanda does the triple orgasm scene. That is flipping hilarious!

Basically it's a show about women. All different types of women from different backgrounds. The theory is that through talking about their vaginas in interviews, these women are giving an insight into their lives. There are monologues that deal with lots of different issues from homosexuality to rape to prostitution. Some are humourous, some serious and there are facts and stories in between the monologues.

There are a couple of comments on the following LJ entry of mine...
      http://tjh102.livejournal.com/22623.html

This was the UK tour homepage...
      http://www.vaginamonologues.co.uk/de...?contentID=505
      Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by Gate gal View Post

Going slightly off topic, a couple of girlfriends and I are going to meet my childhood favorite actress Lisa Welchel (Facts of Life's Blair) in March. She's going to be about an hour away, so I have to do it. Hubby is calling this the BIG TEST as to whether I'm really ready to meet Amanda. If I don't get totally tongue tied then he thinks I might be ready. Of course, I don't think its such a good test, but I'm not going to tell him that. I may do fine meeting Lisa and then go star-struck meeting Amanda. Actually, I'm pretty sure that's what will happen.

hey, blair was my fave too! (watched religiously, and even bought lisa's one and only christian faith album *which she got a grammy nom for*. i even exchanged a couple of letters with lisa's grandmother. lisa's cool)

sorry for the ot.

sally
        sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan View Post
          I love your mind and I'd be thrilled. Please make it so.

Frankly since they're not splitting their attention anymore between 40 eps per series, I'm expecting higher quality shows and a real solid blending of plot and character development.

So...how naive am I???
          Originally posted by suse View Post
          About the same as me. I so want to look forward to S4.

suse
          I want to look forward to next year too, but while I love Sam, I trust the writers/producers as far as I can spit. The last two SG-1 episodes have been great, but I strongly suspect they're an aberation.

I dare TPTB to prove me wrong. I would be happy to honor them effusively and publically if they do.
          sigpic

In memory of Deejay.
          May we all be so well loved.

Comment

Originally posted by hastiekido View Post
            thanks for the welcome.
            Normally I'm a Daniel thunker, but I like Amanda as well.
            I'm not gonna read all previous posts, cos you all post quite a lot
            I'll pop in now and then to share my caps with you, and feel free to snurch and re-use, cos thats where they are for....

Spoiler:
            http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a16/hastiekido/eigen%20caps/seizoen%2010/the%20road/1013sam6.jpg

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a16...d/1013sam7.jpg
            Spoiler:
            http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a16/hastiekido/eigen%20caps/seizoen%2010/the%20road/1013sam8.jpg
            Spoiler:
            http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a16/hastiekido/eigen%20caps/seizoen%2010/the%20road/1013sam9.jpg

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a16...d/1013sam5.jpg
            and Vala and Sam:

Spoiler:
            http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a16/hastiekido/eigen%20caps/seizoen%2010/the%20road/1013samvala1.jpg
            All the pretty pictures make me so happy I no longer have dial up. Thanks for all the caps everyone.
            sigpic

In memory of Deejay.
            May we all be so well loved.

Comment

Originally posted by scifithinker View Post
              And to wave multicolored flags!
              So I guess I'll be the one who faints in this scenario?

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek View Post
                Sweet. OK - how about anyone who's going to want to go send me a PM and let me know - but include your email address please because gateworld is tough to use when trying to PM more than one person back int he same session. I (personally) think I'll be going to the Sunday performance at the Phoenix (which is 19+). If others would rather go to the all-ages outreach on Saturday, then let me know in the PM and I'll divide it into two groups so that we can organize. But we'll need to get our collective rears in gear, to have this settled by the 28th (this Sunday). Shouldn't be too hard. How many TO area Samandans can there be, anyway?
                Hey there! I'm interested and I've PM'd you.
                Pixie's Haven

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                  what exactly happens in this Vagina Monologues thinger? .... i'm not sure what ppl do at this.
                  Strip to their underwear and throw rice at the performers.

Comment

Originally posted by DEM View Post
                    I'm there.

Comment

Originally posted by DEM View Post
                      Originally posted by Agent_Dark View Post
                      I'm there.
                      but...but it's like -20C
                      sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by SWMBOTGSG View Post
                        Wish I could. Getting on a train to Vancouver. Lifetime's ambition being achieved here.

Kay aka Mumsey
                        Now that's a dream come true! Taking a train across Canada - beautiful journey even though I've not done it. I suppose AT may be waiting at the other end to welcome you. Oops, she may be in Toronto doing her show, eh?

I had the opportunity to play a gig for a young actress in NYC who did a one-woman comedy entitled "My Mom Across America" and it was a series of tales of traveling cross country (Canada) with her parents. She described the scenes and the local people so well that I feel like I've been there.

Enjoy yourself, Kay!
                        Last edited by ChopinGal; 25 January 2007, 06:10 PM.

Comment

"Just because my reproductive organs happen to be on the inside and not the outside ...
                          just means that I get to do The Vagina Monologues and you don't."
                          Last edited by ChopinGal; 25 January 2007, 06:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
                            but...but it's like -20C
                            Thermals...

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark View Post
                              Thermals...
                              you want long johns thrown on stage
                              sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post