Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by L.A. Doyle
    *Raises hand* ME!!! And my roommate...and because we were addicted, now my brother and best friend are. Stargate Mondays changed my life! And where are they now?
    And what would we do without you L.A.? I'd probably still be lurking, and so would a bunch of other people. See, the ripple effect here. No Stargate Mondays = Fewer new viewers = Fewer new people on the board = Loss of interest = Cancelled series = No more Sam

Bring Back Stargate Mondays!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Gate gal
      And what would we do without you L.A.? I'd probably still be lurking, and so would a bunch of other people. See, the ripple effect here. No Stargate Mondays = Fewer new viewers = Fewer new people on the board = Loss of interest = Cancelled series

Bring Back Stargate Mondays!!!!!!!!!!!
      Delurk, delurk, wherever you are! And FCOL, bring back my Stargate Mondays! As a new viewer, it was like Christmas once a week!

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
        i thought that ship was dead in the water...or woods (bah doom boom)
        I'd run if I were you Sky...AD's gonna have you for dinner for that comment!!
        "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
        Hug Your Loved Ones!!
        ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
          Ohhhh mannn. I just read the GW homepage about the "possible two feature film sequels" to the original Stargate movie (complete with Spader and Russell). Wow. I can't help but think that would really SUCK. Imagine investing 10 years of your life into a character only to have a couple of other numpties come out and get to do the feature films ! Not to mention the characters that would never make it on screen if that happened (*cough*SamCarter*cough*). That really BITES. Much as I did enjoy that first feature film when it came out, I really hope the pitch for the two sequels with Spader and Russell never ever gets a green light.
          I'm with you on that MG...I like the movie...not a favourite but it's ok...but I don't think I would go to the cinemas to watch a Stargate film if they don't have RDA, AT, MS and CJ...no offence to KR or JS but it just wouldn't be Stargate without our SG1!!
          Hug Your Loved Ones!!
          ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by DEM
            Oh. Ouch. That was heartless, Sky! Heartless!
            But true!!!
            Hug Your Loved Ones!!
            ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by SunKrux
              heehee...

Bring it!

Go SK...I'm with you and Sky!!!
              Hug Your Loved Ones!!
              ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Please don't shoot me but I'm getting slightly more optimistic about S10. I think TPTB are trying to fix one character per episode. I mean, so far we've had:

Spoiler:
                'Flesh and Blood': Vala toned down A LOT from S9
                'Morpheus': Daniel is back to anthropologist,23-languages,babbling-Daniel! Yay! I've missed him over the last few seasons, he was replaced by ActionHero!Daniel whom I didn't like very much.

I'm eagerly awaiting the next few episodes to see when they'll get around to fixing Sam, Teal'c and particularly Mitchell (and by "fix" I mean "delete" for the latter!)
                Sam and Jack... Still the best romance on TV in years!

My fanfic http://www.fanfiction.net/~drawntotherhythm

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
                  Now, if we can just get our ickle hewo to carry the bags, then Sam would be free to do other stuff *cough*Lead*cough*
                  Damn...you beat me to it TJ...I was gonna say that...oh well...I'll second it!
                  Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                  ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by AmberLM
                    Please don't shoot me but I'm getting slightly more optimistic about S10. I think TPTB are trying to fix one character per episode. I mean, so far we've had:

Spoiler:
                    'Morpheus': Daniel is back to anthropologist,23-languages,babbling-Daniel! Yay! I've missed him over the last few seasons, he was replaced by ActionHero!Daniel whom I didn't like very much.

I'm eagerly awaiting the next few episodes to see when they'll get around to fixing Sam, Teal'c and particularly Mitchell (and by "fix" I mean "delete" for the latter!)
                    Now why would anyone want to shoot you for being optimistic...we need more of that here...I'm currently enjoying the 9th season inspite of what most people have said about it. Granted...it's not as good as the previous seasons but it take on quite a lot of changes...probably too many in hindsight. I just want to see lots of team work and exploration and a really cool baddie like the Goa'uld...I do not like the Ori...they are far to boring and religious for me...but I actually look forward to each new ep every week...can't wait for season 10 to hit our shores next year!! In the meantime, I just hang out for the spoilers...I love spoilers...spoilers are my friend!!!!!
                    Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                    ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by AmberLM

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
                      Barring miracles, I don't see that happening.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Originally posted by chelle db
                        I love spoilers...spoilers are my friend!!!!!
                        Lol, ditto! *mutters something about keeping friends close but enemies closer*... *slaps own hand* Spoilers ARE NOT my enemies! They might just drive me even more insane though...

Comment

Originally posted by ReganX
                          Spoiler:
                          Barring miracles, I don't see that happening.
                          I can dream, right?

Comment

Yeah, I'd like to see some Sam character "fixing" happen this season. I don't know whether I'm the only one who thinks this, but it's almost like the writing staff is so comfortable with the main characters lately, that they're forgetting to add a personal dimension to them. Sam's almost expected to just know how to fix everything, she's not really challenged anymore. I mean, in the last ep, she has done astrophysics, yes, but also a lot of biology stuff, engineering, computer science, yadda yadda yadda. She's a super-scientist, but her conversations seem flat to me lately. Like she's doing her job and that's it. Bah...I just want a full character, not the 2-D cardboard cutout they've been presenting lately.

Comment

Originally posted by aeromathlete
                              Yeah, I'd like to see some Sam character "fixing" happen this season. I don't know whether I'm the only one who thinks this, but it's almost like the writing staff is so comfortable with the main characters lately, that they're forgetting to add a personal dimension to them. Sam's almost expected to just know how to fix everything, she's not really challenged anymore. I mean, in the last ep, she has done astrophysics, yes, but also a lot of biology stuff, engineering, computer science, yadda yadda yadda. She's a super-scientist, but her conversations seem flat to me lately. Like she's doing her job and that's it. Bah...I just want a full character, not the 2-D cardboard cutout they've been presenting lately.
                              I couldn't agree more! I made a similar point to yours about a week ago and quite a few people seemed to agree so you're not alone in feeling Sam has been a bit flat lately! I believe the point a fellow Samandan made was that there have been too many "Sam-goes-duh!" moments lately and we need some balance to her character. I couldn't agree more. I want Sam back, not this technobabbling geek!Sam we've been getting these past two seasons.

BTW, I place the blame *entirely* on TPTB, my misgivings have nothing to do with Amanda. She's doing a fine job of making lemonade from the lemons the writers have been feeding her but you can't work with what isn't there.

Comment

Good night Samandans...sweet dream, take care and be safe!
                                Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                                ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Working...
                                X