Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
    but do we know who's going to do 'the road not taken'?
    Spoiler:
    Hmm, what do we know about The Road Not Taken? Well, there's this. And it's based upon an idea pitched by Alan McCollough, per Alex Levine's blog entry on July 25, 2006. Joe Mallozzi's Yesterday, Today, and Tomorrow was probably nixed in favor of it. In all likelihood that means that McCollough is probably writing it. Andy Mikita is likely directing. Don Davis is probably guest starring in the episode. It's also possible that David Hewlett is guest starring as well, as he's slated to be in at least one SG-1 in the second half of season ten (see here, here, and here). I'm also assuming that it's going to be one of the two episodes which Michael Shanks will absent from, meaning no Daniel. Lastly, no doubt to the dismay of many (myself included) I think it's also possible, however unlikely, that David DeLuise could be in the episode, as well. He was recently picked up as a guest for the Vancouver '07 Creation Con, and both the title of the episode and its alternate reality setting lend themselves to that possibility.

That's it. I have my own wish list of what I hope this episode includes, as well as a list of what I'm dreading with every fiber of my being. Here's to some of the former and none of the later, eh?

Comment

Originally posted by golfbooy View Post
      Spoiler:
      Hmm, what do we know about The Road Not Taken? Well, there's this. And it's based upon an idea pitched by Alan McCollough, per Alex Levine's blog entry on July 25, 2006. Joe Mallozzi's Yesterday, Today, and Tomorrow was probably nixed in favor of it. In all likelihood that means that McCollough is probably writing it. Andy Mikita is likely directing. Don Davis is probably guest starring in the episode. It's also possible that David Hewlett is guest starring as well, as he's slated to be in at least one SG-1 in the second half of season ten (see here, here, and here). I'm also assuming that it's going to be one of the two episodes which Michael Shanks will absent from, meaning no Daniel. Lastly, no doubt to the dismay of many (myself included) I think it's also possible, however unlikely, that David DeLuise could be in the episode, as well. He was recently picked up as a guest for the Vancouver '07 Creation Con, and both the title of the episode and its alternate reality setting lend themselves to that possibility.

That's it. I have my own wish list of what I hope this episode includes, as well as a list of what I'm dreading with every fiber of my being. Here's to some of the former and none of the later, eh?
      oh good lord

this has the potential to be a train wreck of galactic proportions

oh dear writers, the show's set in the AIR FORCE not the Navy, keep ships out of it please
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan View Post
        You know, it's a good thing this is a PG forum because that could be interpretted in very dirty ways.
        i 'did' take it the dirty way, hence the fainting.

btw, i figured out how to use the multiple quotes button. i'd clicked on it with two other posts, and all it (the button) did was light up. but just now, when i clicked to reply to this one, the two other posts i'd multiple clicked on showed up here. did that make sense?

sally
        sally

sigpic

Comment

i 'did' take it the dirty way, hence the fainting.

btw, i figured out how to use the multiple quotes button. i'd clicked on it with two other posts, and all it (the button) did was light up. but just now, when i clicked to reply to this one, the two other posts i'd multiple clicked on showed up here. did that make sense?

sally
          huh
          sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by golfbooy View Post
            Spoiler:

regarding your ddl idea... well, gee, why not? since mr cooper took over running the show into the ground, every season has had at least one major sufferage ep.

it had occurred to me, too, that he might be in something coming up. after all, he's (pete) a huge fan favorite and loved by everyone. right? i mean, aren't we all just chomping at the bit to see him again? (must stop now, sarcasm muscles are twitching)

so, hope you're wrong, golfbooy, but if you're not and find something out for sure, PLEASE pass it along (so i can warn my shipper friends).

sally
            sally

sigpic

Comment

regarding your ddl idea... well, gee, why not? since mr cooper took over running the show into the ground, every season has had at least one major sufferage ep.

it had occurred to me, too, that he might be in something coming up. after all, he's (pete) a huge fan favorite and loved by everyone. right? i mean, aren't we all just chomping at the bit to see him again? (must stop now, sarcasm muscles are twitching)

so, hope you're wrong, golfbooy, but if you're not and find something out for sure, PLEASE pass it along (so i can warn my shipper friends).

sally
              It may be less about whether the viewers want to see Pete than about whether TPTB want to work with David DeLuise again.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

sally
                Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
                huh
                yes, i'll try to explain in understandable terms.

before i clicked to reply to this post, i went above it to my post and clicked on the 'muti-quote this message' button. when i did that, the button changed its background color (i guess to let me know it copied it). then, when i hit reply to reply to this post, my original post copied to it too. did that make sense?

sally
                sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                  oh good lord

this has the potential to be a train wreck of galactic proportions
                  :blink:

Truer words were never spoken.

If ya'll don't mind, I'm gonna conveniently erase that new info out of my mind until around January, k? Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by ReganX View Post
                    It may be less about whether the viewers want to see Pete than about whether TPTB want to work with David DeLuise again.
                    well, he could always play a prior or some alien or work on atlantis then.

sally
                    sally

sigpic

Comment

let's amuse ourselves with fic

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3204021/1/

little alternative ending to Threads

not overtly shippy although you can project, and kinda danielly...but i think the only thing keeping it from being teamy is a lack of teal'c (it's a short fic)

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ReganX View Post
                        poor david. he seems to be such a nice guy....too bad his poor character got dumped into a plot hole of bad writing

sigpic

Comment

sally
                          Oh, we could have a meeting of 3 priors played by DDL, MDL and PDL of course they would be led by DomDL yes poor Urgo got prioritized
                          sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

sally
                            If it's AU, Pete need not have been involved with Sam at any point.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                              poor david. he seems to be such a nice guy....too bad his poor character got dumped into a plot hole of bad writing
                              And Pete himself wasn't unlikeable as a character. I think that having him as Sam's boyfriend set the character at a disadvantage from Moment One.

Comment

setting him up as sam's boyfriend did make him vulnerable. and then that vulnerability was accentuated by the plot hole of how he found hte stake out and his 'morning after' tantrum

had they considered - and they should have known better, they've had enough experience with fans to know ANYONE paired with sam or jack well be open to much crit - pete's vulnerability and iron clad the character a bit, perhaps he could have fared better

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X