Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gate gal View Post
    Yes, but mini, you already said we couldn't start a minigeek fan club so.....I'm more impressed by Amanda's bookmarks.
    Curses.

Foiled again.

That wiley Amanda and her charismatic ways---stealing all my fans!

Good thing she doesn't have a little dog. I'd have to get them both.

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
    ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Originally posted by Rachel500 View Post
      Just adding more congrats on the interview!

Very interesting. You know what struck me (as I was reading - I didn't listen to the interview as my computer is very slow and I'm on dial up) was that it seemed like S9 was a difficult time for her behind the scenes for whatever reason but that having Claudia around in S10 made it better and easier for her. Maybe its just my interpretation...
      I had the exact same feeling when I read it. I think that their friendship shows up on screen, and both women have stated in multiple interviews that it was important that their characters be friends. I don't think they'd have said that if they hadn't already bonded. Like Frostfox said, they were both new mommies. That is a bond in itself. When the twins were small, I bonded with total strangers in Chucky Cheese play areas just because we were mommies. I'm sure that there was a certain kinship built in.

Comment

You did a great job representing all of us in your fan gurl moment, Sky! I loved your interview and I love that you managed to send our love to Amanda while asking her those great questions. Excellent work!
        About the interview:
        Spoiler:
        *I love that her dream episode would be a character driven episode! You actually said unlimited budget and she chose characters! I am so excited about her new project! With Amanda as an EP, it is going to be so good.
        *I love how candid she was with you about the leadership issue. She was diplomatic. She didn't say anything negative about anyone, but she honestly admitted that she felt like we did about the issue. She is just way nicer about it than most of us.
        *Very cool that her observations over the last few seasons echo our own. It really bugs me to see Sam on her own, while the others team up.
        *This interview actually made me even more excited about Atlantis next year! Thanks for mentioning the ship commander idea! I hope Amanda mentions it to TPTB and they go for it. We might get more Sam in command afterall!
        *Yeah, Amanda knows where we are! Double yeah that she isn't terribly internet savy (like me)! I knew she was here!

Yeah what Gate gale said...

I also agree... you did a great job Sky, representing all of us here on samanda (yes I'll admit I was one of those sitting at home badgering *ahem* asking about all the details of the GABIT weekend...I think I posted 20 post in one day! But that was because of the trivia we were playing ...honest

Seriously though you represented not only us, but a large fan base. Great job Sky and great questions Samanda!!

I look forward to hearing about Amanda's work on Atlantis and her new project as they come available!!! And as I said in the interview thread…I too would love to see ALL the characters interacting more and just hanging out…We have grown to love the characters after 10 years!
        Last edited by ann_sgcfan; 08 January 2007, 11:47 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by chelle db View Post
          Oh...we were talking about doohickeys?? D'oH...gotta love those doohickeys though
          I'm sure I have no idea what you're talking about.

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
          i'm glad you guys like my voice, i hate it.

but i did have my fangirlish fantasy moment. 30 minutes with amanda, getting hugged by rick...hey my fandom life is complete.

the only fantasy i have that will never come to pass is actually witnessing taping. But that won't ever happen, and i'm cool with it. I was fortunate enough to see the set during one of the gatecon tours.

i'm glad you guys like the interview, and it is thanks to you. I used questions that folks from here had submitted.
          Wow. That is so cool, I'm really happy for you . The interview was awesome.

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
          not to mention the accent.

although i did learn how to confound the hades out of the brits...break into thick southern twang. they just stare at you, totally gobsmacked. it's quite funny actually
          Gotta love accents. I'm from the fastest speaking part of New Zealand and my cousins are from the slowest speaking part of Australia. Apparently it's hilarious to listen to a conversation between my cousins and my sister and me... we can practically get an entire sentence out while they pause for breath.
          Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Well, Amanda has told us her favorite parts of episode 200, so what is everyone else's favorite Sam moment in 200? I loved
            Spoiler:
            Chianna! Amanda rocked at it, and even though the wedding wasn't real I enjoyed it, too.

Comment

Well, Amanda has told us her favorite parts of episode 200, so what is everyone else's favorite Sam moment in 200? I loved
              Spoiler:
              Chianna! Amanda rocked at it, and even though the wedding wasn't real I enjoyed it, too.
              Spoiler:
              The wedding was my favourite.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Originally posted by ReganX View Post
                Spoiler:
                The wedding was my favourite.
                I'd have paid a lot to see the out take she (and everyone else interviewed) mentioned! RDA is a Bad Man(tm).

My favourite part of 200 for Amanda was
                Spoiler:
                the Star Trek pastiche, with the 'blink, blink' sound effect as she flutters her eyelashes. And she made a beautiful Tok'ra too, that dress was beautiful.

FF
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Frostfox View Post
                  Just echoing what everyone else has said, great interview, Sky, of course it helps when you have such a great subject to talk to.

She comes over as so genuine and interesting.

FF
                  very much so.

and even more fun than Jamie Bamber...course i wasn't competing with the last 20 minutes of the world cup, so that had to help
                  Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Someone recc'd this fic to me and it made me giggle so much. It's a fun, fluffy icon based challenge. So, basically, the author was given the icon then had to write a fic based on it. And oh my gosh, it gave me the giggles in such a big way!

The only thing I would say is that the author shoves the word "lover" in your face a little too much for my liking. There are other ways to hint at a Sam/Jan relationship (yes, it is Sam/Jan fic)

HOWEVER: Even if you are NOT a Sam/Jan shipper and you just want a good giggle, this is a bit of light hearted fun....

Fruit Salad by ncruuk
                    Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek View Post
                      Oh! Oh! I have GW bookmarked, too! If you wanna be really impressed, that is.....

me (just like you! only better)

WHOA
                      I think I was channeling her Oooberness just there.
                      *considers defending Oooooober* Never mind.

*reconsiders because the fork needs betaing* Shame on you mini(the semi-impressive)geek! Be nice to Oooober. At least until I'm done writing!

Curses.

Foiled again.

That wiley Amanda and her charismatic ways---stealing all my fans!

Good thing she doesn't have a little dog. I'd have to get them both.

Because we all know how scared you are of her BIG dog. (Who would probably lead the thief to the family silver if she's anything like her owner....)

I am denying myself the pleasure of reading the Amanda interview until I'm done writing. Back to the formerly blank but not yet adequately filled slate.

Cheers, All.
                      sigpic

In memory of Deejay.
                      May we all be so well loved.

Comment

Oh! Oh! I have GW bookmarked, too! If you wanna be really impressed, that is.....

me (just like you! only better)

WHOA
                        I think I was channeling her Oooberness just there.
                        Weee! I'm channeled!

Even worse...did anyone else pick up on the possibility that she uses Firefox? I mean she said she saved it to a bookmark toolbar. Firefox has that but to my knowledge, even the brank spankin' new craptastic IE 7 doesn't have that yet.

Not that I harbor any ill feelings to that tragic excuse for a browser or anything. Nosiree.

PS...I sent you a PM last night MG...one with a link...did you get it???

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan View Post
                          Even worse...did anyone else pick up on the possibility that she uses Firefox?
                          Haha, I picked up on that too!

Just out of interest, which browser do you use?
                          Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Originally posted by NZBG View Post
                            Haha, I picked up on that too!

Just out of interest, which browser do you use?
                            One hint:

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Heh, same here. *pats extensions fondly*
                              Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Kudos, Sky, for a job well done!

I love that you told her early on in the interview that the Samanda thread had almost reached 60,000 posts. First year at GABIT, we had only reached 20,000 and she was so impressed by that. Happy to hear about the GW bookmark.

She sounded very relaxed with you, two girlfriends catching up. It must have been fun!
                                Last edited by ChopinGal; 08 January 2007, 04:05 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X