Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
    i'm glad you guys like my voice, i hate it.

but i did have my fangirlish fantasy moment. 30 minutes with amanda, getting hugged by rick...hey my fandom life is complete.

the only fantasy i have that will never come to pass is actually witnessing taping. But that won't ever happen, and i'm cool with it. I was fortunate enough to see the set during one of the gatecon tours.

i'm glad you guys like the interview, and it is thanks to you. I used questions that folks from here had submitted.
    You did a great job representing all of us in your fan gurl moment, Sky! I loved your interview and I love that you managed to send our love to Amanda while asking her those great questions. Excellent work!
    About the interview:
    Spoiler:
    *I love that her dream episode would be a character driven episode! You actually said unlimited budget and she chose characters! I am so excited about her new project! With Amanda as an EP, it is going to be so good.
    *I love how candid she was with you about the leadership issue. She was diplomatic. She didn't say anything negative about anyone, but she honestly admitted that she felt like we did about the issue. She is just way nicer about it than most of us.
    *Very cool that her observations over the last few seasons echo our own. It really bugs me to see Sam on her own, while the others team up.
    *This interview actually made me even more excited about Atlantis next year! Thanks for mentioning the ship commander idea! I hope Amanda mentions it to TPTB and they go for it. We might get more Sam in command afterall!
    *Yeah, Amanda knows where we are! Double yeah that she isn't terribly internet savy (like me)! I knew she was here!

Comment

MASSIVE Applause to Skydiver for that fantastic interview. Way to go. That was just amazing.

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
      ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

but i did have my fangirlish fantasy moment. 30 minutes with amanda, getting hugged by rick...hey my fandom life is complete.

the only fantasy i have that will never come to pass is actually witnessing taping. But that won't ever happen, and i'm cool with it. I was fortunate enough to see the set during one of the gatecon tours.

i'm glad you guys like the interview, and it is thanks to you. I used questions that folks from here had submitted.

Sky, your voice is better than mine. I have the Demi Moore type of voice. Which is too bad, since I don't look like Demi Moore.

I also love that she has GW bookmarked. If it were me trying to get the interview, no words would be coming from my mouth. I'd be too stunned.

As always Sky, great interview.

Comment

Oh, Sky! Fantastic interview! I'm going to admit to reading the transcript alongside it because I had forgotten how quick you speak! How did I understand you at Gabit?

It was faaaaaaaantastic!

*hugs*
          Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

not to mention the accent.

although i did learn how to confound the hades out of the brits...break into thick southern twang. they just stare at you, totally gobsmacked. it's quite funny actually
            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

*hmmmmph* I thought I did pretty well understanding you guys. For a girl that watches Friends with subtitles.

Ooooooh, I miss you guys.
              Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane View Post
                *hmmmmph* I thought I did pretty well understanding you guys. For a girl that watches Friends with subtitles.

Ooooooh, I miss you guys.
                LOL. Sky has an accent? That's right you're across the pond Tracy.
                How's the mutations? Feeling better I hope.

edit: Did anyone see the Helen Mirren interview on 60 minutes last night? The part where she was imitating her Scottish psychiatrist had me thinking of you guys talking about Coley. Not the same thing except for the difficulty with the accent.
                Last edited by jckfan55; 08 January 2007, 09:46 AM. Reason: add

Comment

Originally posted by LaCroix View Post
                  Sky, your voice is better than mine. I have the Demi Moore type of voice. Which is too bad, since I don't look like Demi Moore.

I also love that she has GW bookmarked. If it were me trying to get the interview, no words would be coming from my mouth. I'd be too stunned.

As always Sky, great interview.
                  I was really impressed that she has GW bookmarked too. It is just further proof that she is with us. Granted, she probably doesn't make it online very often, but when she does then she knows where to play.

I have to say that I'm so jealous of you at the moment Sky. Wow, not only did you get to spend 30 whole minutes with Amanda, but you did an amazing interview. No one could have done a better job. (No, I'm not sucking up because I'm going to need your help so desperately when my turn comes in the Samanda story. It was really good.)

Comment

((((Sky)))) Great interview
                    and I have to say I had my own moment when I heard and read my name in the interview Thanks so much for including all of Samanda in your interview, it was almost like being there
                    sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Just echoing what everyone else has said, great interview, Sky, of course it helps when you have such a great subject to talk to.

She comes over as so genuine and interesting.

FF
                      sigpic

Comment

Just adding more congrats on the interview!

Very interesting. You know what struck me (as I was reading - I didn't listen to the interview as my computer is very slow and I'm on dial up) was that it seemed like S9 was a difficult time for her behind the scenes for whatever reason but that having Claudia around in S10 made it better and easier for her. Maybe its just my interpretation...
                        sigpic
                        Women of the Gate LJ Community.
                        My Stargate Fanfiction. My LiveJournal.

Comment

You did a really fantastic job with the interview.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Originally posted by Rachel500 View Post
                            Just adding more congrats on the interview!

Very interesting. You know what struck me (as I was reading - I didn't listen to the interview as my computer is very slow and I'm on dial up) was that it seemed like S9 was a difficult time for her behind the scenes for whatever reason but that having Claudia around in S10 made it better and easier for her. Maybe its just my interpretation...
                            It would be very nice to think so.
                            They are both young mums and they are both working hard with 'the boys', I very much want to think that they would bond.

FF
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gate gal View Post
                              I was really impressed that she has GW bookmarked
                              Oh! Oh! I have GW bookmarked, too! If you wanna be really impressed, that is.....

me (just like you! only better)

WHOA
                              I think I was channeling her Oooberness just there.

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                              ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek View Post
                                Oh! Oh! I have GW bookmarked, too! If you wanna be really impressed, that is.....

me (just like you! only better)

WHOA
                                I think I was channeling her Oooberness just there.
                                Yes, but mini, you already said we couldn't start a minigeek fan club so.....I'm more impressed by Amanda's bookmarks.

Comment

Working...
                                X